Search:

SIYE Time:3:35 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Prophesized Six
By bengpotter31

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, James Potter, Lily Potter, Neville Longbottom, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape, Sirius Black
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance
Warnings: Extreme Language, Sexual Situations
Rating: R
Reviews: 668
Summary: This is the sequel to my previous story, Harry Potter and the Twists of Fate, starting off a few hours after the last chapter. Harry and his friends are now aware of the part they will play in the coming war. Can their friendship and love hold them together or will they allow jealousy and uncertainty to pull them apart, allowing Voldemort to win?
Hitcount: Story Total: 328133; Chapter Total: 7619





Author's Notes:
Here's the next chapter. I hope you guys love it and don't get a cerebral hemorrhage from getting mad at Fudge, Umbridge and Rita Skeeter. LOL!
Thanks to all those who nominated me for the Trinket awards. I really appreciate it. I also upgraded the rating for future chapters. Have fun. Please R&R.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 5: Consequences of anger


It was an hour to midnight when James, Sirius and Arthur Apparated to the road leading up to the Burrow. The Order meeting had run late. Lily had gone home to Potter Manor already to check on Andrew and Daisy who they had put to bed and left in the care of Blinky and the other house elves before going to the Order meeting.

Walking up to the house, they saw that the only lighted rooms were the kitchen and the living room. They entered and found Molly in the kitchen, nursing a cup of tea.

“Oh, you’re back,” she said, walking up to Arthur who hugged her.

“Where are the kids, Molly?” James asked.

“They were talking in the living room for a while after dinner but fell asleep,” Molly said. “I guess they were all tired from their day at the river.”

James and Sirius went into the living room and sure enough, all six teens were asleep in various positions.

Harry and Ginny were side by side in one of the armchairs with his arms wrapped protectively around her, her legs drawn up and her head resting on his chest. Rose was leaning against that armchair between Harry’s legs. Hermione and Ron were stretched out side by side in the couch. Ti was in another armchair across from Harry, Ginny and Rose. They all looked so peaceful.

James sighed. He wished the kids could continue this way but times were getting dark. With the attack on the farms, Voldemort was starting the war all over again. It would only get worse until he was destroyed. Again, James wished his son hadn’t been the one chosen for that task but knew that wishful thinking was futile. The only thing he could do was make sure Harry succeeded and survived. Nothing else mattered to James, not even his own life.

James went over to wake Harry while Sirius went up to Ti to do the same thing.

“Harry,” James said as he gently shook his shoulder. “Wake up, son.”

Harry groaned a bit before opening his eyes. “Dad?” he said, before adjusting his glasses, which had fallen askew.

“Yeah, it’s me,” James said, smiling down at his son, “Come on, it’s time to go home. You better wake up your girlfriend and sister.”

“Ginny,” Harry whispered to the redhead, “Wake up, baby. My dad’s here.”

Ginny blearily opened her eyes then stretched. She smiled at James as she got up, “Hi, James.”

“Hi, Ginny,” James said, smiling at her, “Have a good sleep?”

Ginny giggled, “The best.”

James laughed as Harry leaned over and shook Rose’s shoulder, “Wake up, sis. Dad’s here to take us home.”

Rose stretched and stood up. “Hi, Dad,” she said. She looked at the watch and did a double take, “Is that the time?”

“I’m afraid so,” James, “Sorry, kids. The meeting ran later than we thought.”

“What happened, Dad,” Harry asked, “Why did Dumbledore call the meeting tonight?”

James sighed. “I’ll tell you about it when we get home. Ginny, you can listen in through Harry and tell Ron and Hermione. I’m sure Sirius will tell Ti all about it.”

“All right, Dad,” Harry said.

“Sure, James,” Ginny said.

Sirius had Ti awake by then, along with Ron and Hermione. Ron, Hermione and Ginny said goodbye to Harry, Rose and Ti with Harry giving Ginny a quick peck on the lips while Ron rolled his eyes.

Ti and Sirius went out so Sirius could Side-Apparate with Ti back to Grimmauld Place. The three Potters used the Floo to get back to Potter Manor.

Harry was first and tumbled out of the fireplace to land on his knees. Even after all these years of traveling the Floo network, Harry could never exit the Floo without falling down.

As he got up, he heard laughter behind him. He turned around and glared at his sister. His father looked like he was barely holding his own laughter. He could feel Ginny laughing as well.

“Ha, ha,” he said, “Go ahead and laugh.” “Please, Gin, not you, too.”

“Sorry, Harry,”
Ginny said in his mind, “It’s so funny that you can’t stay on your feet after traveling through the Floo when you’ve been using it all your life.”

“Sorry, Harry,” James said, “I still can’t get over the fact you can never land on your feet even though you’ve been using the Floo ever since you could walk.”

Harry just glared at James and sent feelings of irritation to Ginny as he brushed the soot from his clothes.

“All right, Dad,” Harry said once he was soot-free. “Tell us. Why did Professor Dumbledore call an emergency meeting of the Order tonight?” He felt Ginny focusing her senses to tune in with his.

“We’d better sit down,” James said. “This may take a while.”

Harry and Rose sat down on the couch on opposite sides of their father.

“All right,” James said, “Albus called the meeting tonight because of what happened this morning at the Ministry.” He took a deep breath and let it out. “I got fired today.”

“What!” Harry and Rose said together. Harry felt Ginny’s surprise as well.

“I guess I better start from the beginning,” James said. “I went to the Ministry this morning to try and talk to Fudge to at least delay the distribution of that damned pamphlet. I ran into a problem right off when I entered Fudge’s office and met Percy at his desk.”

“Let me guess,” Harry said, “He wouldn’t let you in without a prior appointment.”

“You got that right,” James said, scowling. “I told him it was really important that I see Fudge because the pamphlet was not the proper one. He adamantly refused, saying that the only person he’d allow in without an appointment was the Queen herself. He even told me that only an idiot would not see the sense in the pamphlet.”

“That bloody git!” Ginny exclaimed in Harry’s head while Rose said the same thing aloud.

“Well,” James continued, “We got into a shouting match after that. It got so loud that Fudge came out of his office, along with Umbridge. It turned out that they were meeting about the pamphlet.”

“Then you got to tell them what a huge mistake the pamphlet was,” Harry said.

“Well, in a way I did,” James said. “The thing is I was already mad by then and I told him, quote, what an ass he was to approve such a crappy piece of hogwash, unquote.”

“You didn’t?” Rose said, wonder in her voice.

James sighed. “Yeah, I did. Well, he wasn’t pleased by that. I also told him it would be a mistake to send it out, that it would only cause more deaths. Umbridge didn’t like that part. That’s when she said that I seemed overworked and needed a break. That woman said it so sweetly, it was sickening. She then said she was giving me a permanent vacation starting Monday. I wasn’t even to be allowed into the Ministry. Fudge just smiled and told me to clear my office before noon.”

“That bastard! That bitch!” Harry exclaimed. James didn’t feel like correcting his son’s language. “So who’s going to head the Aurors now, Dad?”

“I heard she appointed Rufus Scrimgeour as interim head,” James said. “He’s a pretty good Auror but has a tendency to play the politics. Just the kind of person that Fudge would like in that position.”

“That’s all we need,” Harry said, clearly disgusted.

“I know, I know,” James said, grimacing, “With me fired and Scrimgeour following Fudge’s and Umbridge’s calls, we don’t know if we can rely on the Aurors. That and that damned pamphlet coming out next week were the reasons Albus called the meeting tonight.”

“James, please don’t use that language in front of Harry and Rose,” a voice said behind them.

Turning to look, the three saw Lily coming down the stairs from the second floor. “Thank goodness Andrew and Daisy are asleep so they don’t have to hear you cursing.” She sat down beside Rose.

“So what happened in the meeting, Dad?” Harry prompted.

“Albus had the pamphlets I brought home last night passed around the other members,” James said. “Then we discussed how to let people know the danger in following most of what those pamphlets said. We knew it would be dangerous to come out openly since the best chance the Order has is in remaining secret. We decided that each member should talk to people they know intimately and inform them of the things wrong with things in the pamphlet.”

“How did Sirius react to the news that you got fired?” Rose asked.

“He was furious,” James said. “I ran into him as I collected my things from my office. He wanted to resign because of that. But I told him not to. We need someone inside the Ministry and the Aurors.”

“What good will that be?” Harry asked. “They know you’re best friends. I bet they’ll keep a close watch on him.”

“True, Harry,” James said, “But he isn’t the only member of the Order who is an Auror.”

“Really?” Rose said. “Who are the other Aurors in the Order?”

James smiled, “Oh, there are a few people. One of them is a certain metamorphmagus known to us who just completed her training.’

“Tonks?” Harry inquired, a bit stunned. “Tonks, as in Nymphadora Tonks, Sirius’ cousin and one of the clumsiest girls I’ve ever met, she’s in the Order?”

“Yes, Harry,” Lily said, laughing, “Sirius recruited her. She was inducted the same night as Severus was, along with two other Aurors. You better not let her find out about that last part you said about her.”

“I remember her, Harry,” Ginny said in Harry’s mind, amusement in the tone of her mental voice. “I think she and Charlie were together at Hogwarts and dated for a while. She did come over a couple of times one summer and she was always tripping over her feet. It was hilarious to watch.”

Harry laughed, “Ginny agrees with me. She remembered that Tonks and Charlie were together for a while and visited them a couple of times. It seems the Weasleys were treated to a display of her acrobatics.”

James laughed, “See, Lils. That girl is the only one I know who came close to failing out because she keeps tripping over things so much, making her fare poorly in tracking and surveillance.”

“I know she does, James,” Lily said. “But you don’t have to poke fun at her for it. I doubt she’d like that. Remember, she’s a pretty good duelist, supposedly even better than you.”

“Really?” Harry asked, his interest aroused. “Tonks can duel even better than Dad.”

“Hey, we dueled against each other just once. I tripped while dodging her spells. It’s just that I tripped right into the path of her stunning spell.”

“Wow!” Rose said, “That must have been a bad trip.”

Harry groaned, “Ow! That was a bad pun, Rose.”

Rose shrugged, “Hey, I get them where I can. I’m not as witty as you.”

Before he could reply, Harry gave a big yawn.

“All right, you two,” Lily said, “Get up to bed now. It’s late and I don’t want you falling asleep here. We can talk some more in the morning.”

Harry and Rose got up with no complaints since they were suddenly feeling tired and sleepy. They said good night to their parents and climbed the stairs to the second floor. The siblings said their own good nights before separating to their own rooms.

Harry changed to his pajamas and climbed into bed. He and Ginny said good night to each other and fell into a peaceful sleep.

The next day, Harry woke up when sunlight started shining on his face. He looked at his wall clock and was surprised to see that it was past ten in the morning.

He went to the bathroom and took a quick shower before changing to a pair of jeans and a white cotton T-shirt. He opened his link to Ginny and felt that she was still asleep. He decided to let his girlfriend rest for a while longer and left his room. As he walked down the second floor corridor, he saw his sister at the top of the stairs, preparing to descend to the ground floor.

“Hey, Rose,” he said, “Have a good sleep?”

“Oh, yeah,” she replied, “For once this summer, I woke up feeling refreshed, without any aches or pains.”

“Yeah,” Harry said, “Same here. I think that swim yesterday did us some good.”

“I agree,” she said, “Come on. Let’s see if Mum and Dad left us any breakfast.”

When they got near the kitchen, they could hear their parents' voices and they didn’t seem happy, especially their father.

“That damned woman!” they heard James exclaim, “How can she write such lies?”

“Calm down, James,” Lily said, “Shouting will not change what’s written there, though I’d like to hex her myself.”

“Uh, oh,” Harry said, “Now what?”

Rose shrugged her shoulders. “There’s only one way to find out.”

They entered the kitchen and found their parents seated at the kitchen table, leaning over a newspaper. Their father was scowling while their mother had that look of concern she got when she knew someone was going to be upset and she wouldn’t blame that person.

“All right,” Harry said, “What’s the Daily Prophet done now?”

“It’s that blasted woman, Rita Skeeter,” James said, “Somehow she found out about my dismissal from the Ministry yesterday. But that’s not all. She’s even insinuating that we’re in league with Voldemort!”

“What?!” Harry and Rose shouted, together.

“Here,” James said, shoving the paper towards them, “Read it yourselves.”

Harry and Rose grabbed the Prophet as they sat down side by side. They gasped when they saw the headline and its subscript. Then they started reading the article.

James Potter fired from the Ministry!
Does the family of the Boy-Who-Lived really support You-know-Who?

By Rita Skeeter

This reporter discovered yesterday that James Potter, 35, the father of the Boy-Who-Lived, was fired as Head of the Aurors by Minister of Magic Cornelius Fudge and Dolores Umbridge, Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement. The reason behind his dismissal appears to be his blatant opposition to the printing and distribution of a pamphlet designed to help the public in case of an attack by Death Eaters.

According to eyewitness, Mr. Percival Weasley, the assistant to Minister Fudge, Mr. Potter was attempting to get into the office of Minister Fudge without passing through the proper protocol. “He was very insistent and rude,” Mr. Weasley said to this reporter, “One must have an appointment to see the Minister. He is a very busy man who cannot be disturbed for any foolish thing.” Mr. Potter then began ranting and shouting at Mr. Weasley when he could not get his way.

It appeared that Minister Fudge and Ms. Umbridge were in a previously scheduled meeting in his office at that moment. When Mr. Potter’s shouting was heard by the two distinguished public servants, they rightfully exited the office to check on the problem.

Upon exiting, they were confronted by the irate Mr. Potter who then proceeded to call Minister Fudge all sorts of rude names that this reporter cannot put down to spare the sensibilities of the readers. Mr. Potter then went on to denounce and degrade the pamphlet, which seems to have been the concept of Ms. Umbridge. Needless to say, these did not please either the Minister or Umbridge and the latter promptly fired Mr. Potter on the spot.
This reporter cannot understand how the said pamphlet, which will be out next week, would not be acceptable to someone said to be dedicated to fighting Dark Wizards like James Potter. One would think that it would be welcomed by him as a way for the Ministry to show that it was doing its best to fight You-Know-Who and his followers.

Could it be jealousy on the part of Mr. Potter? After all, he has been Head of the Aurors for almost five years now, having been elevated to that rank at the time Madam Amelia Bones was appointed as Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement.

Last summer, Madam Bones was supposed to be sick at home but Mr. Potter claimed that he went to her house and found it empty. She has not been seen since.
How did Mr. Potter know she was not at home? Was he expecting to be named Head when she did not return? Was he merely disappointed with the appointment of Ms. Umbridge instead of himself? Or is there a more sinister reason?

Did James Potter, in fact, have a hand in her disappearance? Can it be that James Potter and his family, a very prominent and old Light family, actually support You-Know-Who and the Dark Arts? Is the father of the Boy-Who-Lived actually helping You-Know-Who? And what of the Boy-Who-Lived? Is he also a supporter of You-Know-Who?

Last month, at the funeral of the prominent ex-Auror, Mad-Eye Moody, who was said to have been killed by You-Know-Who himself, young Harry Potter said some things in his eulogy that seemed suspicious to this reporter.

Young Mr. Potter, 14, who also recently became a co-champion of the Triwizard Tournament, seemed to know that You-Know-Who had survived their first encounter years ago. He also knew that You-Know-Who had regained his body last year when it was only confirmed by the Ministry last month after the confrontation that resulted when Mr. Potter was allegedly kidnapped at the end of the Triwizard Tournament.

It seems to this reporter that he seems to know more about You-Know-Who than someone opposing him should. It only begs the question, does the Boy-Who-Lived and his family actually support You-Know-Who? It seems the only explanation for his father’s opposition to any attempt by the Ministry to help the public against the menace of You-Know-Who.



Harry and Rose were shocked by what they read. Even worse, they were angry.

“That bloody woman!” Rose screamed, “How dare she accuse us of supporting Voldemort? She can’t even print his name!”

Harry was too upset and angry to say anything. In fact, he was so angry that his feelings awakened a certain sleeping redhead miles away.

“Harry?” Ginny’s sleepy voice sounded in his head, “What’s wrong? Why are you so angry?”

Harry sighed, reluctant to tell her, “You should read the Sunday headline of the Prophet, Gin.”

“What? What’s that rag saying now? Wait, I’m coming right over.”


A couple of minutes later, the Potters heard someone coming out of the fireplace. Ginny burst into their kitchen dressed in a bathrobe and wearing slippers. She grabbed the Prophet from Harry’s hands and started reading.

“That damnable bitch!” she screamed a minute later. She blushed then and looked at James and Lily, “Oops, sorry.”

Lily sighed, “That’s quite all right, Ginny. Believe me; none of us have a kind word for Rita Skeeter right now. She’s really gone too far this time.”

“Exactly,” James said, “I have half a mind to go down to the Daily Prophet office in Diagon Alley right now and tell her editor off.”

“James, darling,” Lily said, placing her hand over one of his. “I don’t think that will do anything. We have to think of something else. I only hope the readers don’t believe her insinuations.”

“I hope so, too,” James said, “I’d better check on Sirius. He’s liable to do something stupid and get fired himself.” He left for the living room so he could Floo to Grimmauld Place.

Ginny sat down beside Harry and engulfed him in her arms. “Hey you,” she said softly.

He looked down at her and sighed, “Hi.”

“Don’t go moody and brooding on me, Harry,” she said, “No one at school will think you are in league with Voldemort.”

He looked at her in surprise. This was the first time she had called Voldemort by that name instead of Tom.

Ginny smirked, “What? It’s only a made up name. I could say it before but felt braver calling him by his real name. Anyway, don’t pay any attention to that article. You know it’s not true. None of your friends will either.”

“It’s not that, Gin.”
Harry said. “It’s just…she knew what I said at Moody’s funeral, the exact words I used. How did she know? And how did she know Dad was fired so quickly? It’s as if she was there all along but I know Dumbledore didn’t have any press at the funeral and the press isn’t allowed in the Ministry unless there’s a press conference.”

Ginny frowned, “That is strange.” She turned to Rose, “What do you think, Rose?”

“I agree with Harry,” Rose said, “It’s mighty suspicious that she can get stuff like that. There was that article after the Yule Ball about Hagrid being a half-giant. We know that since we’ve been his friends like forever but it’s not common knowledge. How did she find out?”

“I think we should find out,” Harry said, “Maybe if we do, we can get her to back off our family and friends.”

“You’re right,” Ginny said. “I’ll head back to the Burrow and bring Hermione and Ron over. Between the six of us, we should be able to figure something out.”

Half an hour later, the five teens were in the library of Potter Manor looking at the books for any clue to Rita Skeeter’s uncanny ability to get her stories.

“You know,” Hermione said, “She’d have to be present to know what you said at Moody’s funeral, Harry. It seemed a good paraphrase of your words. Then she knew the gist of your Dad’s argument with Percy, Fudge and Umbridge, even without the quote from Percy.”

“Could she have an invisibility cloak?” Ron wondered, thinking of the one that Harry had received from his father for Christmas in their first year at Hogwarts.

“I suppose it’s possible,” Hermione said. “That might explain why she could have been at Moody’s funeral without anyone seeing her.”

“I don’t know, Hermione,” Rose said, “I doubt she could have hidden from Professor Dumbledore that way.”

“I think Rose has a point,” Harry said. “Remember back in first year when we were starting out with pranking the Slytherins after Christmas? Well, one of those nights, I ran into the headmaster as I was coming up from the kitchens. I quickly stood aside to let him pass. As he did, I thought I heard him say ‘I do believe we will have some interesting occurrences at breakfast or lunch tomorrow.’ It was weird but I didn’t think about it at the time. I think he can somehow see through cloaks.”

“Okay, okay,” Ron said, “Maybe she doesn’t use an invisibility cloak. They’re rare enough and quite expensive. Cloaks like Harry’s are family heirlooms.”

“So what other way could she have that allow her to eavesdrop on people’s conversations?” Rose wondered out aloud. “It’d have to be inconspicuous to avoid being detected, especially in the Ministry.”

“You’d think she had those places bugged,” Harry joked.

“Bugged?” Ron asked, “What does that mean? She’s got insects watching people?”

“It’s a Muggle thing, Ron,” Rose explained, “Bugs, as in monitoring devices with mini microphones. Don’t you remember those spy movies we used to see when we were younger? I can’t believe you don’t remember watching that ‘Mission Impossible’ series on our telly.”

“What?” Ron said, his eyebrows rising to his hairline. “You mean those eklekrik devices that let you to hear what others are saying in another place?”

“Yeah,” Harry said, “Those are the ones. And it’s electric, Ron, not eklekrik, though most bugs have tiny batteries to power them which is about the same principle.”

“Still, that’s an interesting notion, Harry,” Hermione said, her face showing her in speculation mode.

“What are you thinking, Hermione,” Ginny asked. “You know that electric devices and batteries don’t work well in magical areas.”

“It’s not that exactly, Ginny,” Hermione said, “Hang on a minute. Actually, I think Ron may have a point.” She got up from the long study table where they all seated and headed to the shelves. The others looked at each other, perplexed, even Ron. Hermione started to look at the titles on the higher shelves, muttering to herself in a very low voice the other four couldn’t hear.

They looked at each other and shrugged. They continued going through the books they already had on the table. Hermione picked out two large books from a high shelf and started to look them over at another desk.

Around noon, Blinky popped into the library to announce lunch. They decided it was time for a break, even Hermione who was reluctant to leave the books she had picked out.

When they got to the kitchen, Lily was already there with Andrew and Daisy in their high seats.

“Your dad is still out with Sirius, so it’s just us for lunch,” Lily said. “How’s the research coming, kids?”

“Not too well, Mum,” Rose replied for all of them, “Though Hermione may have something, if she shares it with us.” She looked pointedly at the brunette.

Hermione’s face turned a Weasley shade of red, “I’m not sure if I have something, but it’s something that makes sense.”

“What is it, Hermione?” Harry asked, “Does it have to do with those books you were looking at?”

“Well, I was thinking about what Ron said about insects watching people for Skeeter,” Hermione said, “I mean, who would notice a fly or moth flying around except to swat it?”

“Okay,” Harry said, “That’s true. So what?”

“What one magical skill is shared by your father and Sirius?” Hermione asked.

Perplexed, Harry said, “Um, I’m not sure. They’re both skilled in Defense.”

“No,” she said, “What were they studying when they were in school to help Remus all those years ago?”

Lily’s, Harry’s, Ginny’s and Rose’s eyes widened as they understood what Hermione was alluding to.

“You mean being animagi, don’t you?” Harry asked.

Hermione nodded, “Exactly. I was looking at the types of creatures available to an animagus, specifically, what kinds of animals are known to be animagus forms.”

“How does that help us with Skeeter?” Ron asked.

The other four kids sighed at Ron’s thickness. Lily smiled in amusement.

“Ron,” Lily said, “as far as its known, any kind of ordinary animal can be an animagus form. So, someone who can be a tiny creature can hide and be unnoticed or ignored by other people.”

“Yeah,” Ron said, still looking perplexed, “So?”

The other four sighed and looked at each other in exasperation.

“So,” Hermione said, “If she can be an animagus with a form like, say an insect, then she can eavesdrop on any kind of conversation. Who’d bother covering up a conversation from something as unassuming as a moth or fly?”

“Oh,” Ron said softly as he looked down, “Okay, I get it.”

“That’s good thinking, Hermione,” Lily said, “I don’t think there’s any limitation to the type of animal that can be an animagus form. So, being an insect animagus is possible.”

“So, how do we find out if she is, Mum?” Harry asked.

“Hmm, I believe the Aurors have a spell that forces an animagus to go back to human form,” Lily said, “Maybe they have one that can detect one. You’ll have to ask your father. Of course, you can look for that on your own in the meantime. We do have a few books on animagi that James picked up over the years.”

“Can we please do that after lunch?” Ron begged. “We haven’t even started.”

“Oh, all right, Ron,” Hermione said, smiling, as the others shook their heads in amusement.

James came back just as the kids were finishing lunch.

“Hey, kids,” James said, as he sat down. “Have a good lunch?”

“Yes, James,” Hermione said, smiling at him, “It was great.” She then looked at Harry and motioned to his dad with her head.

“Um, Dad,” Harry said.

“Yes, Harry,” James said, “What is it?”

“We were wondering if the Aurors have any spells to detect an animagus.”

James raised an eyebrow, “Yes, we do. Why do you ask?”

“Well, we were researching today for ways to explain how Rita Skeeter gets her information,” Harry said.

“Yeah,” Rose said, “She’s always spot on with her facts. She knew about Hagrid being a half-giant. She knew what Harry said at the funeral. She knew exactly how your encounter with Fudge and Umbridge went barely a day after.”

“Hmm,” James said, “You have a point. It seems too coincidental. So, you guys have a theory, right?”

“They sure do,” Lily said, “It’s an interesting yet disturbing one.”

“Dad,” Harry said, “We think she may be an animagus, specifically one with an insect form.”

James’s eyebrows both rose to his hairline, “Really? That’s quite a theory, Rita Skeeter being an unregistered animagus. Yet, it makes sense. She could theoretically get anywhere she wants to and no one would be the wiser.”

“So how do we test it?” Harry asked.

“I’m not sure,” James said, “We’ll have to put her under surveillance for that. Now that you’ve brought that up, I’m glad Bill and I put up some wards against transformed animagi around this place and the Burrow. That should keep her from getting into either place. Hermione, I think we should put wards around your home, too. I’ll talk to your parents and Bill.”

Hermione nodded while the other kids sighed in relief. At least they didn’t have to worry about Rita Skeeter finding their homes. Now they just had to figure out what kind of insect she changed into.

Reviews 668
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear