Search:

SIYE Time:10:22 on 18th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Prophesized Six
By bengpotter31

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, James Potter, Lily Potter, Neville Longbottom, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape, Sirius Black
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance
Warnings: Extreme Language, Sexual Situations
Rating: R
Reviews: 668
Summary: This is the sequel to my previous story, Harry Potter and the Twists of Fate, starting off a few hours after the last chapter. Harry and his friends are now aware of the part they will play in the coming war. Can their friendship and love hold them together or will they allow jealousy and uncertainty to pull them apart, allowing Voldemort to win?
Hitcount: Story Total: 328097; Chapter Total: 7542





Author's Notes:
Here's another long chapter. It's got a little brother-sister interaction between Harry and Rose, Ginny gives Harry his second gift and a little more and James reveals a new kind of training for the group. I hope you like it. Don't forget that the New Marauders is composed of the ten teens - Harry, Rose, Ginny, Hermione, Ron, Ti, Neville, Maggie, Fred and George.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 7: A new training task

A/N: This chapter starts only a few minutes from the end of the previous one, so it’s still July 31st.

Harry found Rose in her room, reading a book on her bed.

He knocked on the doorframe of the open door and said, “Hey, Sprite.”

Rose smiled upon seeing her big brother. “Hey, Harry,” she said, “Come on in. I see you’re back from Gringotts. So, how was it?”

“It was bloody awesome, Rose,” Harry said as he sat on the bed beside her. “I really wish we had a pensieve so I can show you my memory of it.” He described the trip to the vault and its contents, even describing some of the jewels. He also told her about the investments and properties.

Of course, he left out the part about picking a promise ring for Ginny. Rose would tease him constantly about it and cause Ginny to find out sooner than he planned.

“Wow!” Rose said her eyes dancing in delight, “That’s great. The vault’s almost exactly as I saw it.”

Harry looked at her in surprise, “Wait a minute. You didn’t see the vault in a vision, did you?”

Rose grinned, “Actually, I did. That’s why I decided not to go with you and Dad there. I wouldn’t have been too surprised and I bet Dad wanted to see how shocked we’d be to see all that.”

“Yeah,” Harry said, “He did seem to enjoy it when I had that stunned goldfish look on my face.” He then looked a bit nervously at her and added, “So, um, what did you see in this vision you had of our vault?”

Rose’s eyes narrowed for a moment as she noticed her brother’s nervousness but didn’t mention it, “Well, I saw you and Dad standing in a large cavern filled with gold, a few chests and a few other stuff. I couldn’t see a bit of it clearly in the vision, but what you described seems to be in my vision.”

“So, that’s all you saw?” Harry asked a bit relieved.

“Yeah,” Rose said, “Harry, my visions only see things for a few seconds.”

“Oh, I hadn’t noticed it like that,” Harry said. “So what do you think about it all?”

“Oh, the vault seems great,” Rose said. “Imagine all that gold and jewelry. I never thought we had so much.” Her face took on a thoughtful look. “You think they’d let me use the tiara one day, like when I get married?”

Harry’s face paled, “Err, married? Come on, sis, you can’t be thinking of that yet. You don’t even have a boyfriend yet. You’re too young for that.” He paled even more as she glared at him. “Then again, I’m sure they will let you use what you want to whenever you get married.”

“You’re lucky it’s your birthday, Harry,” Rose said as she continued to glare at him. “Otherwise, I may use Ginny’s favorite hex on you for saying I’m too young.”

“What?!” Harry yelped, becoming even paler, “She taught it to you? She hasn’t even taught it to me and I’m bonded to her.”

Rose laughed at him, “Oh, Harry, if you could have seen your face. It was as pale as a ghost. No, she hasn’t taught it to me. However, you better stop the protective big brother act. Ginny doesn’t tolerate it and neither do I. You want Ginny’s brothers to let you and her alone, so you should respect me and realize I can make my own decisions too.”

Harry sighed, “Okay, Rose. I’ll try to. I can’t guarantee it but at least I’ll let you make your own decisions about dating and boys. Just don’t scare me like that again.” He was glad Ginny was too busy helping her mother prepare lunch to notice what had just happened.

“Thanks, Harry,” Rose said, patting his arm. “That’s all I ask. Don’t worry. I’ll still run to you if I can’t handle a bloke who gets too fresh.”

“Speaking of blokes,” Harry said, “I’ve noticed something different between you and Ti lately.”

Rose’s eyes narrowed, “What of it?”

Harry held his hands up. “Hey, I’m just curious. You two seem even closer now. Are you more than friends now?”

Rose shrugged her shoulders, “I don’t know. I think he likes me a lot more than just as a friend. He asked me to go with him on a date on the first Hogsmeade trip when we go back to Hogwarts.”

Harry’s eyes widened for a moment before he said, “Oh. I see. Okay. He’s a good enough bloke though he’s younger than you. So, you’re going with him?”

“Yeah,” Rose said, nodding her head, “It’ll be my first date so why not with someone I enjoy being with.” She looked at him, “You’re not going to stop me, are you?”

Harry shook his head, “Hey, like I said, it’s your decision. Anyway, I like Ti. He’s nothing like his brother.” He then smiled. “I’m not like Ron, though I suppose Dad might be touchy about his soon-to-be fourteen year old daughter dating already.”

Rose rolled her eyes. “So don’t tell him.”

“Okay, okay,” Harry said. “Just promise me you’ll be careful if you date other blokes.”

“Sure, big brother,” Rose said, “As long as you don’t try to beat up any other boys who ask me for a date.”

“All right,” Harry said, sighing, “I promise. Just be careful and get to know the guy a bit before going out with him, okay?”

“Sure, Harry,” Rose said. Then she suddenly hugged him, “Thanks for being okay with this.”

Harry hugged her back, “You’re welcome, sis.”

A pop sounded as a small house elf appeared beside them. Harry barely suppressed the urge to draw his wand at the sudden intrusion.

“Master Harry, Mistress Rose,” the elf said, “Your Mum wants me to tell you that lunch is ready.”

“Thanks, Orni,” Rose said, smiling down at the small creature, who was Blinky and Mimi’s son. “Tell Mum we’ll be right down.”

The elf bowed and popped out.

“Come on, Harry,” Rose said, grabbing his hand and pulling him up, “Let’s go and tell Mum about the vault. I want to know what her reaction was when she first saw the vault.”

Their parents and the twins were already sitting in the kitchen when they got there. As they ate, Lily patiently listened as Harry described his trip to Gringotts and the Potter vault. She admitted to him and Rose that she was just as thunderstruck when James had brought her to see the vault soon after they were married. She had felt quite uncomfortable around all that wealth so she had seldom used the jewelry in it.

“But, Mum,” Rose said, “Why didn’t you bring some of those here? I doubt we’d get robbed here, what with all the wards.”

“Like I said, Rose,” Lily said, “I won’t be comfortable wearing something that’s several centuries old. I’d be afraid I might break it.” She glared at James who had an amused smirk on his face.

“What?” James asked, “Come on, Lils, it’s no big deal. It’s just a bunch of stones and metal.” He got up and went behind her to wrap his arms around her. “Anyway, none of those trinkets are as beautiful as you.”

“Eww!” Rose cried, “That has to be one of the corniest lines I’ve ever heard. Really, Dad, do you have to be so mushy while we’re eating?”

James laughed and reached over to tousle Rose’s hair. “Well, I admit it was a bit lame but that doesn’t mean it isn’t true.” He then leaned down to kiss his wife fully and hard on the lips. Lily ran a hand down his cheek as she returned the kiss with equal fervor.

“Okay,” Harry said, “Enough of that, you two. I’d like to finish my lunch before I throw up.”

His parents grinned and James returned to his seat. The conversation turned to a discussion of the companies their family was invested in. The kids found out that James included Lily in decisions concerning their investments, especially on Muggle companies. James commented that it wasn’t that way in most pureblood families where the males seldom allowed their wives any part in the family’s finances. Harry was bothered by that and secretly vowed that his future marriage to Ginny would be a partnership with the two of them as equals.

After lunch, Harry and Rose brought Daisy and Andrew into the living room to play with them. Half an hour later, the fireplace erupted in green flames and Ginny stepped out of it into Harry’s awaiting arms. They exchanged a quick kiss then joined Rose and the twins.

Another twenty minutes later, both toddlers were yawning. The three teenagers brought them to their room and lay them down for a nap. Rose also yawned and excused herself, claiming she was also tired.

Harry led Ginny to his room and closed the door.

Once they were sitting side by side on the bed, he asked her, “Okay, Ginny, we’re alone. So, what’s this other birthday present you wanted to give me?”

Ginny smiled as she took a small box from a pocket of her robes and handed it to him.

He opened the box and found a golden pendant in the shape of a dragon. It even had greenish eyes.

“Gin, this is great. I can add it to the snitch you gave me two years ago. See? I still wear it wherever I go.” Harry lifted the silver chain from under his shirt to show the golden snitch pendant he had gotten from her for their first Valentine’s Day.

“I know and I’m glad,” she said, smiling at him, “I had Bill place a charm on the dragon that will deflect minor curses and hexes. Of course, you can’t wear it during our training sessions since it will give you an unfair advantage. But I hope you’ll wear it always otherwise.”

Harry was touched by the gift and the charm, “Thank you, Gin.” He undid the clasp of the snitch necklace and added the dragon to it before placing it back around his neck.

“Oh, there is one other thing,” She said as she sat on his lap, “I also thought you’d like a nice and long snog session. We haven’t had one since that day in the river. Maybe we can do more than just snogging.”

Smiling, Harry encircled her small form in his arms and closed the gap between their faces. As they kissed, their mental link opened fully, doubling the sensations they were feeling. Their tongues met and engaged in a sensuous dance. Ginny began running her hands up and down Harry’s arms and through his hair while Harry ran his hands up and down her back, eliciting shivers up and down her spine. As they continued kissing in this manner, they leaned over and fell on the bed, never breaking contact.

Much later, Rose woke from her nap and wondered where her brother and best friend were. She knocked softly on the door of Harry’s room but heard nothing. Trying the doorknob, she was surprised to find it unlocked. She slowly opened it and peeked in.

On the bed, Harry and Ginny were sleeping side by side, their arms wrapped around each other and their legs intertwined. Their shirts looked disheveled but were still on them, though it seemed Ginny’s hands were under Harry’s shirt.

Rose smiled and shook her head. This was the third time she’d seen them this way. At least, they didn’t go too far from kissing. She closed the door and left them to sleep some more. She’ll have to come back later to wake them before their parents started looking for them.

*****************************

The next day saw the resumption of the teens’ training sessions. The morning session before lunch was changed to another session for dueling much to the excitement of the teens. James had a further surprise for them, actually two.

Just before having them go to lunch, he had them sit down on some chairs he conjured up. “Now,” he said, “I know you’re all wondering why I had you all sit down before we have lunch. First of all, I’ve noticed that traveling by Floo day after day have been hard on those who don’t live here. Well, to help you with that, I’ve asked your parents if you could all stay here at Potter Manor for the rest of summer until you all go back to Hogwarts. I’ve managed to convince all of them. So, tonight, you’ll go home and get your clothes to stay here until Rose’s birthday.”

They all looked stunned for a moment. Then all of them cheered, except for Hermione who looked a bit uncertain.

“Um, Mr. Potter,” Hermione said, “I was hoping to spend a little more time with my parents and brother. My parents alternate their time at their surgery for their practice in order to be with Daniel while I was at school but I had hoped to help them with that. Then this training started and I haven’t had a chance to do all that.”

“Well,” James said, “I guess you can still go home every night by Floo now that we have wards around your house and have it connected to the Floo network. I have an idea for your brother. I know your brother doesn’t seem to be magical but I can adjust the wards to let him come over. He can play with Daisy and Andrew while you’re here and you can play with him during breaks. Then you can take him home with you at night.”

Hermione grinned, “I guess that can work. Thank you.”

“You’re welcome,” James said, a smile on his face for a moment. Then his face became serious and he looked at all of the teens. “Now there is one other thing. I was thinking about what else you guys and girls can learn that may be helpful to you. At the same time, I remembered you theory about Rita Skeeter. So, I thought why not teach you how to become Animagi yourselves.”

The ten teens looked stunned for a moment before Harry blurted out, “You’re serious, Dad?”

James grinned, “Of course I am. Now, hold on there before you get too excited. I have to clear up a few things. First of all, not all wizards and witches can be an animagus. It takes a lot of power to do that kind of transfiguration. Padfoot, Wormtail and I were just lucky we had that kind of power, even Wormtail. Second of all, it’s a hard thing to study. It took the three of us more than two years to do it. It may take you guys the same amount of time or even longer. Third, if we’re going to do this, we need more help than just me. Sirius is too busy right now to be of any help. So, I asked Minerva to help us with this. She’s reluctantly agreed and is going to start teaching you about Animagi this afternoon instead of the other lessons.”

The teens immediately started talking to each other all at once, their excitement over the prospect of becoming Animagi obvious on their faces. James shook his head in amusement and ushered them all downstairs to the kitchen for lunch.

The kids could hardly contain themselves and ate their lunch of sandwiches and pumpkin juice rapidly, even Ron who only had two extra sandwiches instead of his usual six.

Afterwards, they impatiently awaited the arrival of Professor McGonagall in the library where a portable blackboard had been conjured for their lesson.

When the assistant headmistress arrived, she took one look at them and could barely help smiling. She hadn’t had a group this eager for a lesson from her in a long time. Well, maybe that wasn’t new for Miss Granger, she thought to herself.

“All right,” she said to them, “I have had a good talk with James over this. Though I am not very comfortable with the idea, I do understand that you will need every advantage you can get which being an animagus will be. Let me warn you that most wizards and witches lack the power, motivation and level of concentration needed for this type of human to animal transfiguration. When I found out what James and his friends had been able to do for their friend, I was very surprised and touched. At that time, it didn’t seem likely they had the ability to do so, based on their performance in class. Now, I hope I will be equally surprised with this group.”

With that, she launched into a lecture on the dangers of human to animal transfiguration. Surprisingly, she did it in a manner that was interesting and not the least bit boring. It was even comprehendible to all of them, even the younger ones.

When she had concluded her lecture, she said, “All right. Do you all understand what I have told you about the dangers of this type of transfiguration?”

They all said they did at the same time.

“You’re all sure,” McGonagall said, “Anyone who is unsure should tell me. I don’t think your friends would fault you for being afraid. “

The teens all protested, saying that they understood what they were getting into yet they were still willing to do so.

Seeing them still determined and in no way deterred, she pulled out several vials from a pocket of her robes. They each contained a light blue potion.

“Each of these vials contains a dose of the Animagus revelation potion,” she said. “This potion will cause someone with the ability to be an animagus to fall into a dreamlike state and see the animal he or she can become. You will first find yourself in a grassy field surrounded by mist. Then slowly, an animal will emerge from the mist. That will be your form.”

“Professor,” Hermione asked, “What happens if someone who can’t be an animagus takes the potion?”

McGonagall’s face paled as she said, “Those lacking the power but attempting to take this potion also fall into the trance but, because they are unable to become an animagus and therefore have no animal form, remain in the trance unless someone breaks them out of the trance. Otherwise, they will slowly waste away, waiting for something that cannot be.”

The teens all paled upon hearing that and they looked nervously at each other.

“Do not worry,” she said, giving them a bit of a smile, “I would not have started instructing you if Albus and I didn’t believe you were all capable of this, even you Miss Longbottom.” She directed the last to Neville’s sister, who ducked her head to hide her blush.

“All right,” McGonagall said after a minute of silence, “We shall begin. Let’s start with the two of you, Fred and George Weasley.”

The twins looked at each other and grinned. They uncorked their vials then toasted each other with them.

“Bottoms up, dear brother,” Fred said.

“Quite right, bro,” George answered.

They drank the vials at the same time. As soon as they drained them, they stiffened and closed their eyes, dropping their vials onto the floor. The others looked at them with concern. Ginny even started to get up to go to them.

“Stop right there, Miss Weasley,” McGonagall said. “Do not interfere. They are in a trance now and must not be awakened or they may never find out their forms. I failed to mention that this potion works only once. If a person is awakened from the trance before he sees his animal form, he may never find out what it is and therefore may never become an animagus.”

Ginny paled a bit from that as she sat back down. She still looked concerned but relaxed when Harry encircled an arm around her.

“Don’t worry, Gin,” Harry said in her mind, “McGonagall knows what’s happening. After all, she’s an animagus so she must have used the potion at one time.”

“Okay, Harry. I was just surprised when they went rigid like that.”


After about five minutes, the twins relaxed and opened their eyes. They faced each other and grinned.

After a couple of minutes during which they didn’t say anything, Ron finally asked, “Well? What happened? What are your animal forms?”

“Ron!” Hermione admonished, “Don’t rush them.”

“It’s okay, Hermione,” Fred said.

“Yeah,” George said, “We were just….”

“….Savoring the moment,” they said together.

“All right, Mr. Weasley,” McGonagall said, “Don’t keep us in suspense for much longer.”

Fred and George looked at each other and grinned widely. “We’re foxes,” they said together.

“Wicked!” Ron exclaimed.

“That’s brilliant,” Harry agreed.

“It’s so fitting with their personalities,” Ginny said.

“All right,” McGonagall said, “Let’s move on. Miss Granger, your turn.”

Hermione gulped then drank her potion. She also stiffened as she fell asleep. After another five minutes, she also awakened. As she took on her surroundings, she grinned. “My animal form is an owl.”

Ron laughed, “That is so right.”

Hermione scowled, “What does that mean?”

“Err,” Ron said, nervously, “I mean, isn’t an owl supposed to be a symbol of wisdom? After all, that prophecy of Rose did call you the Wise lady.”

Hermione’s eyes narrowed as she studied her boyfriend, “Who are you and what have you done to Ron?”

Ron’s eyebrows rose up his forehead, “Huh?”

Hermione sighed and patted his arm, “That was quite insightful, Ron, so unlike you.”

“Hey!” Ron protested, “I can be quite insightful if I wanted to.”

“Oh, yeah, right,” Rose said, giggling. She looked at Ginny and both redhead girls burst out laughing. Ron scowled at the two of them.

“All right,” McGonagall said, “Ronald, you go next.”

Ron gulped and turned a bit pale as he shakily placed his vial against his lips and drank the potion. When he emerged from his trance, he grinned and declared, “I’m a dog, a big, white shaggy dog with patches of red fur and large, floppy ears.”

“Hmm,” Hermione said, “We should look at some books for exactly what breed you are.”

“That’s exactly what we will do next once everyone knows what their form will be, Miss Granger,” McGonagall said, “In order to fully transform, you should study the animal that will be your form. It will make it far easier to do the magic if you are familiar with the animal’s body.”

McGonagall then had the others go through the ritual. Maggie’s form was a hawk. Neville’s form was a brown bear. Ti’s form was a mongoose. Rose’s was a falcon.

When it was Ginny’s turn, she asked McGonagall, “Professor, can Harry and I take the potion at the same time?”

“I’m not sure if that is wise, Miss Weasley,” the elderly woman said, “I don’t know what effect your bond will have on your possible animagus powers.”

“Please, Professor?” Ginny begged her.

“All right, child,” McGonagall said, “Go ahead.”

“Ginny?” Harry inquired, “Are you sure about this?”

“Yes, Harry,”
Ginny answered, taking his hand, “I don’t think anything wrong will happen. I’d like to see your form as well.”

“All right, Gin,”
Harry said. They drank their potions at the same time and immediately fell into the trance.

They found themselves standing side by side on a flat grassy field covered with a heavy mist, just as McGonagall had said. Holding hands, they looked around but found nothing yet. Walking forward a bit, they heard some noises within the mist. Facing the noise, they waited in silence.

Then, out of the mist, emerged two tigers, one male and one female, that walked slowly up to them and sat at their feet.

“Wow!” Harry said awe recognizable in his mental voice, “We really are bonded. Our forms are identical except for the sexes.”

Ginny simply nodded, awe also on her face. She knelt down and petted the tigress in front of her, causing the animal to purr contentedly.

“Harry, look at my tiger’s face. There are several faint markings that look like freckles. Just great, even in my animagus form I can’t escape them.”

Harry chuckled, “That’s okay, Gin. I love your freckles. They contrast well with your creamy white skin. Hey, look at the stripes on my tiger’s face. I think the one on its forehead resembles my scar. Bugger it all. I guess that’s a distinct part of me, whether I like it or not.”

The two animals then got to their feet and bowed to them before fading away.

“Well, I guess that’s it,” Ginny said. “I wonder how long before we emerge from the trance.”

“I don’t know,” Harry said, “The others took about five minutes to wake up. We’ve been here about that long I think.”

Just then they heard more noises coming from the mist. Looking at each other in puzzlement, they waited. After a few seconds, two more forms emerged that caused them to back up a step in surprise.

The first one that approached them had the head and forequarters of an eagle including wings and the tail and hindquarters of a lion. It was a griffin.

But it was the second creature behind the griffin that thrilled and alarmed them — a dragon, not just any dragon but a Hungarian Horntail.

The two animals sat at their feet. The griffin lowered its body and placed its head in Ginny’s lap while the dragon circled its tail around them, as if to protect them.

“Wow!” Harry said, “This is incredible. We have two forms, one of them magical.”

“Definitely wow,”
Ginny said as she stroked the griffin’s head and looked up at the dragon, “I wonder why we don’t share this form.”

“I don’t know, Gin. We’ll have to ask Professor McGonagall and maybe Professor Dumbledore.”


Finally, the griffin raised its head and sat back on its haunches. Both animals then bowed and faded away.

Just when they thought they were done, another animal emerged from the mist and leaped onto Harry’s shoulder. Harry looked up in surprise at it. It was a rooster.

“A third form?” Harry asked, “I’ve got a third form? Why is it a rooster?”

“We’d better ask Professor McGonagall about this, Harry,”
Ginny said.

The rooster vanished followed by the grassy field.

A few seconds later, Harry and Ginny were opening their eyes to find their friends staring at them in apprehension and concern.

“Are you guys all right?” Hermione asked.

“Uh, yeah,” Harry answered, “I guess so. Why?”

“Err, it’s just that you two were in the trance for a good twenty minutes, Harry,” Rose said.

Harry and Ginny blinked and looked at each other.

“It sure didn’t feel that long,” Ginny said.

“Well, it was,” Ron said, “We were starting to worry. McGonagall’s gone to look for your Dad, Harry, and Dumbledore.”

“Well, we’re fine,” Harry said, “I guess it took so long because we have two forms.”
“Gin, let’s not tell them yet about my third form. I dread the kind of ribbing I’d get from Fred and George over that one. Thank Merlin it’s not my only form.”

“All right, Harry. I guess it would be embarrassing if the Boy-Who-Lived had a rooster as his only animagus form.”
Ginny’s mental voice had a teasing tone to it.

“Ugh! I don’t know if I’ll ever eat chicken again,” Harry whined mentally.

Meanwhile, the others were staring in awe at them.

“Wicked!” Ron cried, “Two forms!”

“That’s incredible, Harry,” Hermione said. “I’ve never heard of someone having more than one animagus form.”

“Neither have I,” a voice said from the doorway.

Looking up, they saw McGonagall standing there, confusion on her face. Behind her were Dumbledore, James and Lily.

The four adults entered the room and James shut the door, throwing several spells over it and the room.

“Did I hear Mr. Weasley correctly, Harry,” McGonagall said, “You and Miss Weasley have two forms.”

Harry nodded, “Yes, Professor. That’s not all. One of our forms is magical.” Harry thought it was funny how the eyes of the four adults almost popped out of their sockets upon hearing that. He barely suppressed his laughter.

After a few seconds of silence, Dumbledore asked, “What are your forms, Harry?”

“Well,” Harry said, “We’re both tigers. But Ginny’s other form is a griffin while mine is a dragon, a Hungarian Horntail to be specific.”

This time, twelve pairs of eyes almost popped out of their sockets.

“Bloody hell, Ginny” Ron said.

“Ron, language,” Hermione said, almost without thinking, “Still, that is fantastic.”

“You’re telling me,” Ginny said, finally saying something. “I mean, I never imagined that was possible.”

“Yeah,” Rose said, “You can become a griffin which makes you a real Gryffindor. And Harry can turn into a dragon, just like the one he flew against in the first task.”

“Quite incredible, indeed,” Dumbledore said, the familiar twinkle in his eyes again. “I, too, have never heard of someone having two forms. In fact, I have never heard of a magical animagus form. It definitely shows how powerful the two of you are.”

“Blimey, Albus,” James said, looking at Harry and Ginny with awe, “That’s certainly true. I can’t imagine having the power to become a griffin or a dragon.” He then grinned, “Just think. What a surprise it will be for Voldemort when Harry turns into a dragon right in front of him.”

“That’s true, James,” Lily said, “But first, he’ll have to be able to do the transformation.”

James frowned, “You’ve got a point, Lils.” He turned to McGonagall, “So what’s the next step for them, Minerva?”

“They all need to study their forms’ anatomy,” McGonagall said, “It’s easier to do the transformation if you know how the animal looks like in the minutest detail. I think that’s why it took you, Sirius and Pettigrew so long to fully transform. You had only the barest concept of what your animal looked like.”

James’ face turned a bit red, “Yeah, I get your point.” He turned to the kids, “All right, kids, this is one of the most complete libraries outside Hogwarts. We even have several Muggle nature books. I think it’ll serve our purpose for researching your animals. If you need to, I might be able to scrounge up a few nature videos you can watch.”

“That’ll be great, Dad,” Rose said. The others agreed.

“Harry,” Dumbledore said, “I think you and Ginny should start with your normal forms first. Leave the dragon and griffin for now. Once you are familiar with the process of animagus transfiguration, you’ll be far more capable of doing the magical transfiguration.”

Harry and Ginny looked at each other and exchanged a silent agreement. “All right, Professor,” Harry said, “we’ll go along with that. We’ll do the tigers first.”

“Excellent,” Dumbledore said, “We’ll leave you up to it. I believe you are done with the other subjects. From today, you’ll only have your morning exercises and dueling sessions. We’ll use the afternoons to work on this.”

Everyone agreed. As the other teens scattered around the library to start researching their animal forms, Harry and Ginny approached Dumbledore and McGonagall.

“Professor,” Harry said, “Can Ginny and I talk to you and Professor McGonagall?” He added in a whisper, “In my room, away from the others?”

“Of course, Harry,” Dumbledore said nodding his head, “Lead the way.”

Harry and Ginny led the two professors upstairs to Harry’s bedroom. Once inside, Harry waved his wand to cast a privacy spell around the room and a mild repelling charm on the door.

Dumbledore and McGonagall raised an eyebrow at this.

“Sorry,” Harry said, looking sheepishly at them, “I just don’t want anyone else hearing this conversation, least of all my friends. Dad taught me the spells last summer. I haven’t had the need to use it before.”

“All right, Harry,” Dumbledore said, as he sat down on Harry’s bed, “Now, what is it you and Ginny wanted to ask us?”

“Well, sir,” Harry said, sitting down on the chair by his window desk with Ginny on his lap, “First of all, do you have any idea why Ginny and I share one form? Then, why do we have a second magical form?”

“Well, Harry,” Dumbledore said, “I’ve always believed an animagus form reflects the personality of the person. The tiger is a fierce and strong predator. I know you and Miss Weasley are quite formidable when angry. Also, you are very powerful as we saw in Power revelation spell last year. Sharing the form may be a manifestation of the Soul bond. As to the magical forms, I will have to do some research into it. Is there anything else?”

“Yes, sir, just one more thing,” Harry said looking nervous, “It wasn’t entirely true that I have two forms. Actually, I have three.”

Harry and Ginny almost laughed at the stunned look on the faces of their headmaster and assistant headmistress. They looked like fishes out of water.

“Are, are you sure, Mr. Potter?” McGonagall asked.

“Yes, Professor,” Harry said, “Right after the griffin and dragon vanished, another animal came out of the mist and landed on my shoulder, or rather hopped up onto it.”

“What was the animal, Harry?” Dumbledore asked.

“Well, it was a rooster,” Harry said.

Dumbledore’s forehead creased into a frown, “That is almost as unusual as you having a dragon form. As far as I know, I’ve never heard of a chicken animagus.”

“You haven’t?” Harry asked, feeling dread and apprehension. “Then how useful can it be? I mean, what use is a chicken, even a male chicken as an animagus form?”

“I’m not sure, Harry,” Dumbledore said, clearly perplexed, “As I said earlier, I think an animagus form reflects the personality of the person. However, I cannot see in any way what quality you share with a rooster. Let us leave it be for now. You and Ginny should concentrate on the tiger forms first. We shall leave work on your magical forms and speculation on your third form for a later day.”

Harry and Ginny nodded. “All right, sir,” Harry said, “I have one request. Please don’t say anything to the others about my third form. I, uh, well, that is….”

Dumbledore smiled, with the familiar twinkle in his eyes, “You just don’t want to be the target of Fred and George’s teasing over having that animal as an animagus form, correct?”

Harry silently nodded, his face turning red.

Dumbledore chuckled, “Don’t worry, Harry. We won’t say a word. Now, go on back to the library. I just want a word with your father before Minnie and I go back to Hogwarts.”

Harry lifted the spells he had cast. The teens returned to the library to join their friends and research on tigers.

They sat down at a table beside Ron and Hermione, who appeared to be looking at books that featured different types of dogs. They were probably looking for the breed of Ron’s animagus form. Ron turned to them.

“Hey, guys,” Harry said, “Did you find anything?”

“Oh, yeah,” Ron said, “I think we found my dog’s type.” He showed them a picture in one of the books. “I’m a Saint Bernard, just like the dog in this picture.”

“Oh, Ron,” Ginny declared, “That is so cute.”

“Definitely,” Hermione said, giggling.

“Hey, I’m not cute,” Ron said, looking indignant, “I’m a brave, loyal and friendly dog. It says so right here.”

“All right, Ron,” Hermione said, kissing his cheek, “You’re going to be a brave, loyal and friendly dog. Go on and read some of the books on a dog’s anatomy. If you work hard enough, I may do more than just kiss your cheek.”

“Really?” Ron asked, his face lighting up, “Let me at those books.”

Harry and Ginny barely stifled their laughter at how Hermione had placated Ron. They got up and started to look for books on tigers in the shelves. Who knows, if they finished quickly, they may be able to do some kissing themselves.


Reviews 668
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear