Search:

SIYE Time:10:29 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


It Happened One Night
By Red Rose

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:All
Genres: General, Romance
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 9
Summary: Harry has been home for three days, and he still hasn't spoken to Ginny. She can't take it anymore. Ginny wants to see Harry, and she wants to see him NOW.
Hitcount: Story Total: 6033



Disclaimer: Let's make one thing clear....this is a FAN FICTION. I don't own anything to do with Harry Potter.



Author's Notes:
This is a fic that I wrote a while ago...as I told my friends, "I just opened a blank document and five pages later I had an H/G fic". Please read and review, but don't be too brutal!




ChapterPrinter


Ginny tossed and turned. She was sweating and her back ached. She flipped onto her stomach and closed her eyes and tried to fall asleep.

But she couldn’t. There was too much to think about.

Ginny flipped over again and gazed at the ceiling, not really seeing the wooden boards that held it together.

Why hasn’t he spoken to me yet? she thought. Harry came home three days before. She had been desperately trying to get him alone since then. She needed to talk to him.

He had greeted her by pressing a kiss to her cheek and then going inside. He had left her standing outside, shivering, even though it there had only been the slightest summer breeze.

Ginny hopped out of bed and started pacing. What had the kiss meant? It was not friendly. If it had been friendly, Harry would have taken her inside with him. Maybe he didn’t trust himself to be near her because he thought he would.

What? He thought he would throw her on the grass and snog the life out of her? No. The most likely situation was that he was nervous around her for what happened. He had no feelings for her anymore, and he didn’t want her to think that he did.

Just the thought made Ginny want to cry. He couldn’t just leave her. If he will, he better have a good reason for it. Maybe he just lost his feelings for her. Maybe he was too noble again.

Or maybe he met someone else.

The tears came even though Ginny resisted with all her might. The flowed out like two taps had been turned on. She could taste the salty tears on her tongue, and feel the stickiness of them on her flushed cheeks.

Then the gears in her brain started turning. Did he really break up with me? she thought. Well, not really. They both had their fair share of rambling and then he just left. At Bill and Fleur’s wedding, he had a great time dancing with Mrs. Weasley and Fleur, but then he retreated inside.

Ginny collapsed onto her bed. Why was she stressing over this? It was over. He probably likes someone else. He probably has moved on. He probably hates her.

But he can’t, she thought. Because I love him.

She felt as though her heart was going to break into a million little pieces. She had never, ever, thought, let alone said, those words. And the realization hit her.

She couldn’t live without him.

There was no way that she could feel this way, and with him having no feelings. It just wasn’t right. If she loved him completely and entirely with all her heart, he could not just snub her like she was just a meaningless fling.

Ginny hopped up again. She didn’t care that what she was about to do was crazy and reckless, or that what she was about to do would get her into enormous amounts of trouble.

She slowly, very slowly, opened her door. She turned back round, and locked her door. That way no one would get suspicious.

Ginny walked very slowly up the stairs. She must be quiet or she would wake the wrong person up, and she definitely did not want to wake the wrong person up. People would get too suspicious.

When Ginny got to the door, she stood outside for a moment. She took a deep breath and slowly turned the knob and pushed the door open.

There he was lying sprawled on his bed. His glasses were on the bedside table, and his lovely jet black hair, which she was itching to touch, was messier than usual.

Ginny closed the door softly. Unfortunately, it woke him up.

He pointed his wand at her for a moment, squinting to see who was there.

“Ginny!” Harry exclaimed. “What are you doing here?”

“I-I had to s-see you,” she stammered. It was not like Ginny to be afraid, but she wasn’t sure what to expect. It also didn’t help that she was shaking uncontrollably and on the verge of tears.

“Why? Why in the middle of the night?” he asked suspiciously.

“I-I couldn’t stand it anymore,” she said.

“Couldn’t stand what?”

“Harry have you met someone else?” she asked hurriedly.

“No!” he answered, bewildered. “Why would you think that?”

“Because… because…”

But it was no use. Ginny burst into tears and fell onto his bed. He pointed his wand it the air and muttered something before putting on his glasses and then looking down at her.

“What’s wrong?” he asked, his eyes full of concern.

His eyes. His beautiful emerald eyes.

“Harry, ever since you got back, you won’t speak to me! I know it’s because you don’t care about me anymore, and you want to get rid of me. But I can’t stop thinking about you! Harry, you mean the world to me. I can’t get you out of my head. All I can think about is you! Harry, I love you!”

She had said it. Not in the most graceful way possible, but she had said it.

His face was blank, unreadable. His eyebrows were not raised or furrowed. She could see in his eyes that he seemed to be thinking.

She lay there breathing heavily as he watched her. She wished with all her heart that he would say something. Even if it had her running, screaming from the room, wishing she were dead, it would be better than just a blank look.

For almost another minute she lay there, with him watching her, until she choked out a sob, got up and started to run towards the door.

She knew it had been no good. Nothing would have changed Harry’s mind. The stupid git, being so noble and not loving her anymore.

“Wait!” he shouted.

She turned round. His face was different now, but she could not place the emotion.

“I love you, too.”

It was as if everything was right with the world. Everything was amazing and beautiful and right with the world. No one was upset or suffering. Everything was perfect.

Ginny felt the corners of her mouth turn upwards and knew that for the first time in almost a year, she was smiling for real. She ran towards his bed again and threw herself of upon him.

“Watch it there!” he said. She knew he really hadn’t meant it, because he was grinning just as much as she was.

He flipped on top of her and pressed a kiss to her lips.

There was not doubt in her mind what kind of kiss this was. It was a kiss of pure love. No hesitation or unknowing, just love. Her lips fought against his furiously, feeling every contour of his mouth.

She loved his mouth. His mouth was slightly dry but it felt perfect. One of his cheeks was pressed to hers, his dry cheek soaking up some of the wetness of her tears.

She knew it was heaven. She could stay like this forever. She loved Harry so much that she didn’t care about anything in the world. He was with her, and he loved her back, and that was all that mattered.

They broke apart, after what felt like several hours. He fell to her side and propped himself up on his elbow.

“I really missed that,” he said.

“So did I,” she said quite breathlessly.

She stared at Harry with admiration. She took in every little detail of his face. How his glasses were just a little lopsided. How there were so many smile wrinkles around his lips. How his eyes smiled just as much as his mouth.

“What are you looking at?” he asked.

“Just you,” she said, grinning even more.

She had so many questions to ask him.

“Harry, why did you kiss my cheek in welcome? What did it mean?” she asked.

Harry furrowed his brow. “I don’t exactly know. I thought it would show you that I still cared about you, but we couldn’t talk right that second. I guess it gave you a different message,” he said, grinning.

“Many,” she said, returning his smile. “At first I thought it was friendly, then I thought that you didn’t trust yourself to be near me, then I thought that you were in love with someone else.”

“How could I ever love someone else?” he asked, bewildered.

“Well, we were separated for a whole year. You can’t deny the possibility that you could have met someone else,” she said, teasingly.

“Maybe,” he said thoughtfully. “But I wouldn’t love them as much as you.”

Ginny’s heart swelled. She loved him with all her heart. She would never separate from him again. She didn’t care if she strolled out of his room seeing her mother clutching clean laundry, or Ron looking bewildered, or an entire team of Aurors looking for her. She just needed to be with Harry.

Ginny laid her head against Harry’s chest.

“Can I ask you a question?” Harry said.

“You just did, Harry dearest,” answered Ginny, teasing him again.

“No, seriously,” he said with a stern look on his face. He took a deep breath.

“Neville wrote to me and told me that lots of guys were asking you out. Did you say yes to any of them?”

Ginny bit her lip. She looked into his questioning face. She couldn’t tell him. She just couldn’t. He would be so unhappy.

Slowly, she felt her head nod.

“What?” he asked furiously.

“Harry, just listen!” she begged, looking pleadingly into his emerald green eyes.

He looked at her for a minute. “Okay, if you say so,” he said.

“I thought we were over. I never got letters from you, and all I knew was that you were in some unknown place doing something I didn’t know about. I don’t know how, but many boys wanted to be with me. Maybe they thought if Harry Potter could, they could.

“I only said yes to one. Dean Thomas asked me out again. He took me to Madame Puddifoot’s Tea Shop one Hogsmeade weekend. He tried to start conversation a little bit, but I didn’t really respond. I was looking at all the couples in the tea shop. They all appeared to be in love. I almost started to cry. Dean saw that I looked upset. He tried to ask me what was wrong and hold my hand. I jerked it away. He said we should go and then he took me out to a private corner. He said ‘Ginny, baby, if we’re dating again, you have to open up to me.’ He leaned in for a kiss but then I hexed him and went away.”

Harry looked at her. He was penetrating her with his deep, emerald eyes.

“Please, Harry, don’t look at me like that!” she begged.

“I’m sorry, Ginny. But didn’t you’d think I’d start us up again after I got back? How could you not know?” he asked angrily.

It was Ginny’s turn to get angry. She had poured out her soul to him, and this was what she got? A reprimand because she didn’t wait for him? When he had made it clear that they were over?

“Well excuse me, Harry Potter, for thinking that you might not want to start up again. Excuse me for being lonely. Excuse me for having my heart broken into a million little pieces!” she said angrily. She sat up to leave.

“Wait!” he said. “Don’t leave.”

There was sadness on his face now. He buried his head in his hands.

“I just couldn’t stand the though of you being with someone else! I thought I made it clear that we couldn’t be involved while Voldemort was at large,” he said, sounding like it would soon be his turn to cry.

“Well I didn’t get any letters from you so how would I have known?” she said huffily.

He lifted his head from his hands. He looked confused. “I sent you a letter! It was in February. I told you to wait for me!”

Ginny tilted her head to the side. Then something in her memory clicked.

“Romilda Vane,” she growled.

“What?”

“In February, I went to the Owlrey to send a letter to Mum and tell her that everything was all right. (She wanted me to send her monthly letters.) I saw Romilda looking at a snow white owl. I didn’t know it at the time, but it must have been Hedwig. Romilda must have seen her flying and summoned her out of the air. She memorized every detail about you, Harry. She must have known what sort of owl you had.”

Harry looked slightly amused.

“I figured a girl like her would do something like that. I saw her in the Owlrey once, I was sending a letter. She was staring at Hedwig like she was memorizing her.”

Ginny grinned. “I guess we know now how obsessed she was with you.”

“I guess you’re right.”

Ginny laid her head back on his chest ,and he stroked her hair.

She glanced at the clock. It read three AM.

Harry spoke again.

“Ginny, I have to tell you what I was fighting for.”

“Now? Harry, we are happy! Tell me later!” Ginny pleaded.

“No, you have to know before we delve deeper into our relationship,” he said determinately.

They looked into each other’s eyes. His eyes were full of fierce determination. Her eyes were a little bit scared, but mostly pleading.

Ginny bit her lip. Did she really want to know this now?

Yes, she thought. Yes, she did. She had to know before she became too involved with him. If he didn’t want to tell her all about it right now, that was fine, but she needed to know some of it.

“Okay,” she said.

Harry told her everything. From the lessons with Dumbledore to the final battle. She was particularly amazed at the Horcruxes. She questioned him a lot about these. He could not answer many of her questions, simply because he did not know

The clock read four AM when he had finished.

“Wow,” she whispered, placing her hand in his hair. “Not many wizards can say they’ve been through that.”

Harry grinned. “Yeah, I guess not.”

They lay there for two more hours, sometimes kissing and sometimes talking. When the clock read six AM, Ginny decided she had to leave. She laid one final lingering kiss on his lips before she slipped out of his bedroom and back into her own.

Ginny fell back into her bed reflecting on the night. She and Harry were back together. She fell into dreamless sleep, not caring that the next morning she would descend down the stairs with Harry and announce that they were back together. Not caring that they would be smothered by all the family members' questions about how it happened and why. Not caring that in exactly one year, Harry would ask her for his hand in marriage, and she would accept.

All she cared about was now. What was going on right now.

And what was going on was that Ginny Weasley was head-over-heels in love with Harry Potter.
Reviews 9
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear