Search:

SIYE Time:1:13 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Inhibitions and Consequenses
By redheadwannabe

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:None
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Rating: R
Reviews: 15
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated in over 2 years ***

After a student slips a potion into Hogwart's morning Pumpkin Juice the day of Harry's last Quititch Match, a night of passion between Harry and Ginny leave them with choices to make.
Hitcount: Story Total: 8234; Chapter Total: 3496





Author's Notes:
A/N: For my purposes, Snape is still the Potions Professor. All the professors at Hogwarts during book six except for the DADA professor are still there (I just want Snape for the laughs!) except for Dumbledore, unfortunately if I go by cannon, Dumbledore is dead in Harry’s seventh year, sorry.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


A/N: For my purposes, Snape is still the Potions Professor. All the professors at Hogwarts during book six except for the DADA professor are still there (I just want Snape for the laughs!) except for Dumbledore, unfortunately if I go by cannon, Dumbledore is dead in Harry’s seventh year, sorry.

Inhibitions and Consequences
Chapter 2: Protection

Madame Pomfrey had finally treated all those who had come that mourning. She knew that something was wrong when she had twelve couples from ages 14 to 17 coming to her for the after mourning potion. She explained to each one that there was no substitute for precaution before the fact and that the potion was only about 90% effective. And there were, since the last night, all those injuries. She knew something was not right. She tested all the students and each of their tests came back that showed residue of a 24-hour inhibition potion. Pomfrey realized that they would have to do something about this.

“Minerva, I am recommending that we find who slipped the entire student body this potion. I gave out twelve morning-after potions, and those are the ones who weren’t afraid to come to me… I healed five broken legs, three arms, and about six broken noses.”

McGonagall nodded, “I looked into it, and the house-elves working in the kitchen had to through out 30 liters of Pumpkin juice because they discovered that it smelled off, and they didn’t want anyone getting sick. It’s a good a culprit as any. As for who can make the potion, the most basic inhibition potion can be brewed by any third year with half a brain. At dinner I’ll be making an announcement about what happened and that we ask whoever did it to please step forward.”

“You know that no one will admit to something that would land them in detention, right?”

“You never know,” McGonagall looked at Pomfrey; they had been friends for years even before they came to work at Hogwarts together. “Just because I’m Headmistress now, doesn’t mean that you can’t talk openly with me. I’m still the same woman that I was all those years ago.”

“I was just thinking… this may be out of line; a lot of teachers wouldn’t like it… But I think that all the students should be given some sort of sex-ed class; something to tell them how to be prepared for it. What their options are. We’ve been educators for how many years now; we were kids once ourselves, just because we pretend that these kids aren’t going to be having sex doesn’t make it true. Because of this potion, who knows how many girls will be forced to make a choice that they shouldn’t have. They are going to have sex. We should make sure that they are safe.”

“Poppy, I agree with you, but if we start something like how to brew a contraceptive potion… and the governors find out… you know how conservative they are. And I can’t instill the fear in them that Dumbledore did.”

“We’ll see, as the woman behind the physical wellbeing of their children, I think they might just listen to reason if I tell them that in my professional opinion that their education will not be complete without it.”

A Month Later

Harry was sitting with his friends on a normal Tuesday evening, well as normal as it ever gets at Hogwarts, when their Headmistress McGonagall cleared her through… “Before you all head back to your rooms for the evenings, I have an announcement. After a long process head by myself and Madame Pomfrey, after last month’s incident with the pumpkin juice, we will replace all afternoon classes this week for a brief seminar on health and contraceptives.” It was clear she was very uncomfortable.

“All female students will meet in the Transfiguration Classroom to be taught by Madame Pomfrey, and all males in the Potions Classroom to be taught by Professor Snape.” All the boys in Gryffindor groaned at the torture expected, simply hearing SNAPE talking about sex. Tomorrow will be years 1-3, Thursday years 4 and 5, Friday afternoon will be years 6 and 7.”

“Please remember that on days you are not going to these seminars, it is not an excuse to goof off. Lists of where you are to report if it is not your day for the seminar. All students are expected to attend and study for your upcoming exams. Especially fifth and seventh years, as you have your OWLS and NEWTS coming up. That is all.”

When Harry, Ginny, Hermione, and Ron were walking back to the Gryffindor tower, who were now solidified at the ‘power couples,’ as the two couples had become inseparable since that night, Harry noticed that Hermione was almost skipping, “Ok ‘mone?”

“We get two whole extra afternoons to study for NEWTS!”

Ron rolled his eyes, “Hermione, we get three afternoons off this week because of a new sex-ed class, and all you can think about is how we get more time to study?”

“But how we do on these tests determine what we do after graduation.”

“Hermione, what score have you gotten on every single test we have ever taken since we started school?”

“I don’t know, I always have had room for improvement.”

“You have a GPA of 4.5 on a 4.0 scale!”

“You can never learn enough. I just want to do everything I’m capable of. That’s what my parents always said…”

Ginny smiled at her friend, “Hermione, grades aren’t everything. Sometimes you just need to blow off a little steam. This weekend is our last Hogsmeade weekend before your NEWTS. Why don’t we go into town and just have fun. We’ll study during the afternoons this week. And then we can have fun.”

Hermione smiled, wrapping her arm around Ron’s waist, who hugged her back, “I suppose you're right. I could use a break soon.”

Harry smiled down at Ginny, “What do you have in mind?”

“For us, I think we should try a little one on one Quidditch…”

Ron over heard them, “Why can’t we play?”

Harry turned to Ron, “I don’t think you’d be interested in this type of game.”

“Why not, it’s Quidditch, right? Why wouldn’t I want to play?” His face changed as Hermione whispered something in his ear, “Harry, don’t say stuff like me right in front of me! I mean, come on mate, there’s something called propriety you know!”

The two couples walked into their common room arm in arm, when Ginny suddenly bolted for the ladies' room unexpectedly…

TBC…

A/N: Hey, hope you enjoyed this story. I know I can be a bit long winded; I just wanted to build a story with a good foundation. So, what happened with Ginny? You’ll just have to review and them I may be obliged to continue. Just Kidding, I’ll update within the next couple of days, enjoy!
Reviews 15
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear