Search:

SIYE Time:12:45 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Future Plans
By deenas

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP, Post-Hogwarts
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Nymphadora Tonks, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluff, Romance
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 18
Summary: It's nearing Harry's 20th birthday and he begins to question the path he's set out for himself, including questioning where to take things with Ginny. SEQUEL to One Year
Hitcount: Story Total: 24254; Chapter Total: 7071







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


The screen door of the Burrow slammed as Ginny went inside for some lemonade. Harry looked up and spotted Ron and Hermione walking hand in hand toward him.

“Hey,” Harry said softly as he tried not to look at Hermione’s blouse that was buttoned wrong or the fact that Ron’s jeans weren’t buttoned and were nearly falling off his hips. They both had grass in their wet hair, and he had to look away, suddenly aware of their eyes on him.

“What’s the matter, mate?” Ron asked, sitting down on the swing next to his friend. With one look at him, he knew what had been going on. He bent down to whisper in Harry’s ear. “Do up your trousers, man, and pick up your shirt.”

Harry quickly turned to Ron, his eyes wide and panicky. He quickly zipped his jeans and put his face in his hands, elbows on his knees, forgetting about his shirt. My Go,’ he thought, how could I have not noticed my jeans? Then he realized his glasses were gone.

Hermione silently bent down and picked up his glasses off the porch floor, and walked over to the two of them. “Here, Harry.” He looked up and grabbed his glasses from her, putting them on. He couldn’t look at either of them. He wanted to melt into a crack in the floor and hide. “Is Ginny inside?” She left when Harry nodded.

Harry sat back abruptly and leaned back his head with his eyes still closed. What was he supposed to say to Ron? “I’m sorry.”

“For what?”

“About me looking like a fool after...” He didn’t know how he would explain this.

“Snogging my sister?” Ron finished for him.

“I’m sorry! Just stop smirking at me like that.”

“You smirk at me all the time!” Ron knew how Harry felt. “So what happened?” He really didn’t want, or need to know, but he thought Harry needed to tell him.

Harry looked at Ron incredulously. “You’re joking, right?”

“Well,” Ron said, “I can put some of the pieces together. Let’s see, she got into your pants and you, uh, enjoyed it.” Harry smiled. “She took off your shirt. Here, by the way.” He handed Harry his tank top, and as Harry pulled it over his head, he could still smell Ginny on it, forgetting that Ron was sitting there, too.

“No, I did that.” Both of them laughed.

“Oh, really, now!” They both had another good laugh. “So what else? Be selective.” Ron braced himself for what was going to come and took a deep breath.

“We kissed,” Harry said before Ron let out a snort of disbelief, “and stuff.”

“So, is it safe to say my sister still has her honour?” Harry turned to stare at him.

“Do you honestly think I’d do it right here on the swing?”

“It’s a little uncomfortable, but when the motion is right, it helps out a lot,” Ron said casually.

*****


Ginny was grateful for the time alone in the kitchen, making lemonade. She stood there, savoring the feel of Harry’s hands on her shoulder and in her hair; aching with the memory of him touching her; tasting his mouth as he kissed her and explored her mouth with his tongue. Stop it! She tried to tell herself. You’ll go mad thinking about it.

“Ginny?”

Ginny nearly jumped at the sound of Hermione’s voice, breaking her thoughts. “Hi,” Ginny said once she calmed down. She looked at Hermione, and smiled. “Your buttons are all wrong.” She pointed to the front of her friend’s shirt and giggled.

“Oh, yeah, that. I guess I was in a hurry.” Hermione redid the buttons and took a deep breath. “Are you okay?” She sat down in a chair at the table and motioned Ginny to sit as well. Ginny sat down quietly. “What happened?”

“I need to have sex with him. Plain and simple,” Ginny said bluntly. “We have talked about it, and I thought I really wanted to wait, but now I’m not so sure. We’ve been dating for two years, and we’ve never made love yet. I think that I would have done it right there on the swing if he wanted to.” She gestured out the door where she knew Harry was talking to Ron.

“I know. Ron does the same thing to me. I don’t know how he does it, but he makes my brain turn to mush and I just...just...”

“Melt,” they said at the same time and shared a smile.

Hermione could tell Ginny was holding something back, not wanting to bring it up. “What?”

“I want to. I love him so much and I want to know every little inch of him. And I want him to know every little inch of me.” She stopped and looked at Hermione.

Hermione nodded.

“I want to marry him, Hermione. I can’t stand to be away from him and I can’t get enough of him when we’re together. He completes me, and I don’t want that feeling to ever end.” She sighed and hugged her shoulders with her arms.

“Have you told Harry this?” Ginny shook her head.

“How am I supposed to bring that up? ‘Pass the potatoes, Harry and do you want to marry me some day?’ That’s not exactly something you bring up in a casual conversation.”

Hermione sighed heavily and nodded. “You’ve got a point, and, surprisingly, I don’t know what to say. Besides, I don’t think I should be the one you talk to about this. You need to tell Harry soon, sweetie. If he feels the same way you do, it’ll be easy.”

The girls drank the lemonade Ginny had made in silence. The door to the kitchen opened and Ron and Harry entered the room. Harry walked over to the table, kissed the top of Ginny’s head, and finished her lemonade. She looked at him and gave him a smile meant only for him.

Ron watched the exchange between his best friend and his little sister and didn’t feel awkward at all. He suddenly appreciated what a beautiful woman his sister had become and felt glad that she and Harry had found each other. Looking over at Hermione, he saw her own smile grow as she watched Harry and Ginny gaze at each other, oblivious to everything else around them. Ron tactfully cleared his throat, reminding Harry that he really needed that cold shower.

*****


“M um’s home,” Ron informed Harry as he returned from the bathroom. Harry toweled off his hair, pulled on a clean shirt and dropped to his bed.

“Flat clean?”

“Yeah, but it won’t stay that way,” Ron added. “Fred and George came home with her for the weekend, so we’re having a big dinner.” He looked over at Harry and saw him staring up at the ceiling. “Harry?”

“What? You say something?” He continued to survey the ceiling.

“What’s the matter?” Ron had never seen Harry like this here at the Burrow; he was always happy when he was here. “Hey!” He threw a pillow at Harry.

“Thanks,” he mumbled as he put the pillow under his head, closing his eyes. Ron got off the chair and stood over Harry.

“What’s wrong?” Harry finally opened his eyes.

“Nothing.” He rolled over onto his stomach and turned his face away from Ron.

“That’s a bunch of bollocks, and you know, it. Tell me.”

“No.”

“Harry, it can’t be that bad. Is it Ginny?” From Harry’s silence, Ron knew the answer. “Just take care of it yourself, mate,” added Ron, thoroughly hating this conversation.

“I want more.” Harry couldn’t believe he just said that.

“Excuse me?” Ron’s ears burned.

“I want it all. I want to lie next to her and...and...” He couldn’t continue.

“That’s my sister, watch it!” Ron regretted saying it as soon as he spotted Harry’s angry face.

“Fine. Whatever. But who am I supposed to talk to? Neville? You’re my best mate, Ron, and you’re supposed to listen to me and give me advice,” Harry shouted. He put the pillow over his head.

“Advice about shagging my sister?”

“No. About wanting to marry her!” The pillow muffled his voice and Ron could barely hear him.

“What did you say?” Ron lifted the pillow from Harry’s face. He took a deep breath and opened his eyes, adjusting to the light.

“You heard me.” Harry looked over at Ron and saw his jaw drop. “She’s everything to me, Ron. It’s because of her that Voldemort’s dead. She’s the power the prophecy referred to. Love. Don’t you get it?” He stopped, waiting for Ron to say something.

“I don’t know what to say.” Ron swallowed hard. “Is that why you haven’t had sex yet?”

Harry nodded. “Well, yeah. I want everything to be right, you know. I don’t want to hurt her; I don’t want to rush her, and I don’t want her to regret it.” Ron saw a small tear running down his friend’s cheek and turned away. An awkward silence filled the room. The only sound was the ghoul prancing about in the attic.

“So, um, have you talked to my dad?”

“No! You scare me more than him, but there’s no way I’m asking him to talk to me about the facts of life,” Harry said.

“No, you dolt. About marrying her. Isn’t that the thing to do?” Ron saw Harry’s expression soften.

“No, I hadn’t thought of it, actually. But I need advice about sex, Ron. Can you help me out?”

“No, I can’t.” Harry’s eyes darkened with confusion. “I just can’t. You’ll know what to do.” Ron surprised himself with how detached his voice was sounding. That was as far as he would take this conversation. “You’ve done enough to figure out what’s next, mate.”

“Thanks for nothing, Ron.” Harry didn’t know if he was angry or was going to cry. He hated feeling this way and Ron wasn’t helping. “What if it’s not what she expects?”

“What if what’s not up to her expectations?”

”Me. The whole thing. I don’t know. I’ve never done this before.”

Hoping to make a joke, Ron said, “If it’s not big enough, Harry, you could always do a growth charm.” The pillow hit him square in the face.

“Funny, Ron. Real funny.” Harry clenched in jaw in anger.

“Sorry,” Ron whispered as Harry got off the bed and walked out the door, slamming it behind him. “Harry! Wait a minute!”

Harry stopped at the top of the stairs and turned to look Ron straight in the eye. “Do you have to make a joke of everything?”

“Harry,” Ron began, “I’m sorry. Really.” Ron held his hand out to Harry, hoping to make amends. “You’re like a brother to me and I know you love Ginny. I just don’t feel that I can talk to you about having sex with my sister. It’d be just too weird. Understand?”

Harry nodded his head. “Well, if not you, than who am I supposed to ask?” Harry’s eyes were full of questions Ron was unable to answer.

“How about Remus, then,” answered Ron. “He was your dad and Sirius’ best friend, right?” Harry nodded. “So ask him, just like you would if it was one of them.”

Harry thought for a moment. “You’re right. I’m sorry, mate.”

“No worries. I smell shepherd’s pie.” At that, they took off down the stairs, with Harry narrowly beating Ron to the table.

*****


Har ry sat in front of the fireplace, building up the courage for a difficult conversation. Harry decided to Floo Remus, the only father figure he had left, swallow his pride, and ask him about sex.

“What can I do for you, Harry?” Remus smiled at him, surprised to get the Floo call.

“Well, um, I need some advice.” Harry bit his lip and played with the laces of his trainers. “And Ron won’t help me out.”

“Advice about what?” The older man’s expression was unreadable.

“Well…” Harry stopped, feeling heat fill up his face.

“Sex? Do you need advice about sex, Harry?” At that comment, Harry rolled his eyes, feeling more embarrassed by the second. “Thanks for feeling you could come to me with this.”

“I didn’t have much other choice, Remus. Do you really think any of Ginny’s brothers would help me?” Remus laughed again.

“Sorry, Harry. The image of you talking about this with Bill or Charlie was just too much.” He cleared his throat, and looked more business-like. “What do you need to know?’

“Well, everything. I don’t want her to, uh, hate it. And I’d rather last more than three seconds.” His face was starting to warm up again.

“Remus!” The man turned around at his wife’s voice and waved her over. “There you are!” She kissed him and sat down next to him. “Wotcher, Harry.”

“Hey, what’s up, Tonks?” This was not shaping up to be a great time to talk. “Should I Floo you later?”

“No, Harry. Tonks, Harry needed to talk with me about something rather important. Do you mind?”

“Sex talk?” Harry looked at her with wide eyes. “Sorry, I just took a guess. I can help.”

“No, really, that’s okay, Tonks.” Please, make her go away, he thought.

“Harry, you can trust me. I can give the woman’s side of things.” Tonks looked rather pleased with herself.

“It’s up to you, Harry.” Remus looked at his wife, waiting for Harry’s answer. “She does know what she’s doing.”

“I don’t think I needed to hear that, Remus.” Harry played with his shoelaces again. “But I don’t care. A little more embarrassment isn’t going to bother me now.”

“So,” Remus began, “why don’t you tell me what you know, and we can go from there.”

“I know what I’m supposed to do, but I…This is pointless.” He rested his chin on his hands.

“Harry, it’s okay,” Tonks reassured him. “I think what he meant was, what have you done?”

Remus looked at the room behind Harry, realizing where he was. “You’re at the Burrow? Merlin, Harry, I thought you were at home! What if Molly or Arthur comes in?”

“I thought of that. There’s an Imperturbable Charm on the room along with a Silencing Charm and I have told Molly that under no circumstances was I supposed to be disturbed. I’m not stupid, you know. Can we just get on with this?”

“So answer his question, then, Harry,” Tonks said. “How far’ve you gone?”

Harry swallowed hard, trying to think of the best way to put it. “She’s, um, done, er. How am I supposed to say this to you? Is it hot in here?” He fanned himself with his t-shirt.

The other two laughed at him. “Not here. Maybe from where you’re sitting, Harry.” Tonks smiled at him. “I’m sorry you’re embarrassed, Harry, but I know this is important to you.

Harry spent the next twenty minutes listening to the husband and wife explain the finer points of the art of lovemaking to the orphaned wizard. By the time they finished, Harry’s mouth was hanging open, his tongue dry, and he no longer felt he could look either of them in the eye for a very long time.

“Harry?” Tonks looked rather concerned. “Are you okay?”

“That was a little more than I bargained for.” Harry shifted as he sat in front of the fireplace, discreetly rearranging himself. “I asked for it though, didn’t I?”

“That you did, Harry. That you did.” Remus shook his head, and all of a sudden, turned serious. “But remember, when you and Ginny do decide to take that step, Harry, please be careful. Find some spells to use and practice them first!”

“Look at the apothecary shop in Diagon Alley. They’ll help you out,” added Tonks.

“Thanks, you two. I appreciate it, really I do.” Harry was finally able to relax as they disappeared and he got up off the floor. He performed the counter spells as he stood up and stretched his aching muscles from sitting so long.

“It’s about time, Harry. Who were you talking to?” Ginny walked in the room, with a big smile on her face.

“I was, uh, talking to, um, Remus and Tonks.” Why lie about it. “They were very helpful.”

“What were you talking about?” She stepped over to him and traced his ear with her finger, knowing what it did to him.

“Stop it.” He said it rather unconvincingly, as he leaned into her finger. “It’s private, Gin.”

“Did you talk about me?” She stopped at his earlobe and rubbed it between two fingers. He nodded as he closed his eyes. Good boy. She enjoyed torturing him like this. “Was it an interesting talk?”

“Hell, yeah.” He sucked in his breath as she leaned closer, and blew in his ear.

“Is that why you’re all worked up, Mr. Potter? Or is it just me?” Her hand trailed to the front of his jeans, causing his eyes to pop open.

“Ginny, stop it.”

“Make me,” she whispered.

Reviews 18
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear