Search:

SIYE Time:9:47 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Playful Potters Prank (again)
By Mojomig

- Text Size +

Category: Post-Hogwarts
Characters:All
Genres: Comedy
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 22
Summary: Hermione & Ginny make a bet. The twins want revenge. Dumbledore has a bad day. This story is a follow on from Pull the Udder One, and you should read that first.
Hitcount: Story Total: 4889



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
Well folks, this is the long time coming follow up to Pull the Udder One. Thanks to Kevin, as always, who does a great job, even if he did turn me into a frog today.




ChapterPrinter


One of the Potters' many homes was a riverside apartment overlooking the Thames, in London's trendy Canary Wharf district. Harry was happily sitting on the balcony enjoying a refreshing bottle of apple and elderflower juice, when his beloved wife Ginny arrived home from a shopping trip in the West End.

"Harry, I'm home!" called Ginny from the hallway.

"Hi sweetheart!" Harry called back.

A few minutes later, Ginny stepped out onto the balcony, holding a caffeine free diet coke.

"Have a good time, petal?"

"Sure did, spent a fortune in Baby Gap. You wouldn't believe how cute newborn socks are, especially when they've got 'Baby Gap' on the bottom in little rubber letters."

"Whatever, babe."

"Oh, and I found a great Christmas present for Luna…"

"It's only September!"

"But it always worth buying things when you see them. That way it's not a panic come December."

"I never panic come December."

"That's because you leave me to do everything, you great lump."

"So what did you get Luna then?"

"Well, Hermione spotted this little shop, apparently the muggles call it an 'Occult' shop. It was called Mystical Molly's. Anyway, we went in out of curiosity, and saw this thing that's perfect for Luna. It's supposed to be a way of communication with the spirit world. Luna'll love it."

"So what is it?"

"It's some kind of board. A squeegee board, I think."

"Sounds great love," said Harry, in a very uninterested tone, which was emphasised by his eyes closing and a big sigh escaping his lungs.

Frustrated by her husband's lack of enthusiasm for shopping, Ginny retreated back into the apartment. As she reached the kitchen, she called back towards the balcony.

"Oh, and I made a bet with Hermione. We've got to prank Dumbledore."

---

Later that evening, the intercom buzzed in the Potters' entry hall.

"Hello?" asked Ginny, as she picked up the handset.

"UPS Courier. Got a package for a Mr and Mrs Potter," responded a voice.

"OK. Bring it up. It's the left hand door on the top floor."

Excited by the thought of having a package to open, Ginny tore straight into the sensibly wrapped package. As shreds of brown paper littered the kitchen table, Ginny finally revealed a plain brown box, about the size of a tabloid newspaper. Without a moment's hesitation, she slit open the tape and opened the lid. Instantly the box was opened, Ginny regretted it. It was payback from Fred and George. Hundreds upon hundreds of toilet seats rose out of the box, and distributed themselves around the Potters' luxury apartment, covering the kitchen, dining area, lounge and balcony.

The deluge slowed after the first few minutes, and finally stopped after about ten. At this point, Harry appeared out of the bathroom, walking rather uncomfortably. He'd been in there about half an hour, and had had to leave the window open. That was the last time he ate three day old leftovers from one of Hermione and Ron's dinner parties. "I should leave it about ten minutes before you go in there…" Harry began, but he quickly found his train of thought derailed by the presence of hundreds of toilet seats in his apartment.

"Gin?"

"Payback from Fred and George."

"Ah!"

"Payback, payback?" enquired Ginny.

"Oh yes!" replied Harry.

Drawing his wand from the breast pocket of his Ralph Lauren shirt, Harry waved it casually around the apartment. Each of the toilet seats dissolved into about a hundred more tiny seats, an inch across at most. Next, Harry conjured two small ceramic model cows, one a friesian, and one a jersey. With a final swish of his wand, the thousands of miniature toilet seats flew towards one of the cows, somehow ending up inside it.

"Well that's that tidied up, how about a nice glass of Merlot?" proposed Harry Potter, to his wife.

---

After a hard night partying at Mystical Milli's bar on Diagon Alley, Fred and George Weasley slept soundly in their beds, having forgotten to turn on the intruder alarm of their flat in Knightsbridge (Following the war, all of Ginny's brothers had decided to live in muggle areas, having lost patience with the attitude of much of wizarding society). Not that an intruder alarm, slobbering guard dogs or the best wards known to man would have been enough to keep out the nocturnal visitor that left them a little present.

Entering the kitchen at the same time (for even Fred and George's sleeping patterns had syncopated over the years), the twins immediately spotted a small, black and white ceramic cow on the breakfast bar.

"You ever seen that cow before, Fred?"

"Nope. You?"

"Nope. Suppose we brought it home last night?"

"I guess. I thought I brought home a welsh girl called Charlotte with lovely singing voice, but I guess it could have been a pottery cow." George racked his brains as he tried to remember what happened to that girl.

"You don't suppose?"

"What? I did bring home a welsh girl called…"

"No, you dolt! Suppose it's from them."

"The welsh?"

"Harry and Ginny." George was beginning to get frustrated with his brother. "I'm just going to banish it…"

Taking out his wand, George pointed it at the small, inoffensive pottery Frieisan. His spell, however, did not have the required effect, as thousands of tiny toilet seats exploded out of the cow as the magic impacted upon it. Thousands of tiny toilet seats which soon grew into full size ones actually filled the twin's flat. After half an hour of unsuccessfully trying to get rid of them - a task hindered by the fact that there wasn't room to swing an underfed mouse, let alone a kneazle — Fred and George gave up and apparated to their shop in Diagin Alley.

Relieved to be out of the oppression that is a home filled to bursting with toilet seats (some of which definitely looked used), the twins arrived outside their flagship store in Diagon Alley. Taking down the overnight wards and unlocking the door, the two young men entered their pride and joy. Yes, it was great to be safe in the calm and comforting environment of a joke shop.

Suddenly, Fred and George saw it. There on the counter top, next to the till, was a small, pale brown, ceramic cow.
"Don't touch this one," George commanded to his brother.

"No way, Jose!" confirmed Fred.

"OK. We'll just leave it there and not let anyone touch it. Ever," stated George.

"Agreed," agreed Fred.

After about half an hour of trading, a considerable number of people had enquired about the small pottery cow. However, each enquiry was swiftly met with a sharp "Don't touch it" from one of the twins.

At about half past whatever in the afternoon, the twins little brother Ron strolled into the store.

"Hey guys!" Ron called to his brothers, who were both busy stacking shelves during the lull in customers. Ron wandered around the shop, looking at this, peering at that. Eventually, he made it round to the till where he saw the cow.

"What's this cow doing here?" he asked, as he made to pick it up.

"DON' T…" yelled the twins, but they only got as far as the 'T', when Ron's fingers landed on the cow's back.

With a cacophony of quacking, the cow exploded, filling the entire shop with small, painted, wooden ducks. On shelves, the floor, the twins' heads. Every available perching place was now occupied by a wooden mallard.

Ron, being a careless sort, had left the door to the shop open. It was a warm day so no-one had objected at the time. However, this did allow a majestic white owl to swoop in, and drop a red envelope as near to one of the twins as she could manage. Recognising a howler, George did the honours, and set the ranting magical voice loose.

"FRED AND GEORGE WEASLEY. THE PLAYFUL POTTERS WOULD LIKE TO MAKE CLEAR THEIR LACK OF APPRECIATION OF YOUR FEEBLE ATTEMPT AT PAYBACK. NOBODY CAN BEST THE PLAYFUL POTTERS.

By the way, a new pranking opportunity has cropped up and a joint venture seems the way to go. Please come to our apartment at eight.

By the way, by the way — Good work Ron!"

---

A few weeks after the start of the new school year, evening dinner was in full swing in the Great Hall at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. As the meal drew to a close, Professor Dumbledore stood up and began to speak.

"Students of Hogwarts, I am very pleased to announce that this year we shall once again be hosting a TriWizard tournament."

As Dumbledore waited patiently for the hubbub to die down, the doors to the Great Hall clattered open, and in strode…Professor Dumbledore. Everyone's heads instantly turned from the Dumbledore coming through the doors, to the Dumbledore on the stage. The furore of moments before had diminished into a tense silence. A silence broken by the newly arrived Dumbledore.

"What is the meaning of this insolence? Explain yourself immediately!"

"I would like to assure everyone that I am Albus Dumbledore, and this person is some kind of impostor."

"Impostor am I? We'll just see about that. Professor McGonagall, please ask a question that only the true Dumbledore would know the answer to."

Minerva McGonagall, who was on her feet by now, regarded both Dumbledore's for a moment.

"Very well. The real Dumbledore took me to dinner last night. What did we have to eat?"

"After you," prompted the Dumbledore who was still stood in the doorway.

"I did not…we didn't…Minerva, what are you talking about?" stumbled the Dumbledore behind the staff table, but his double soon cut him off.

"Ah yes, a beautiful evening. I believe oysters were the main course."

"Indeed they were," crooned McGonagall, softly, looking a bit misty eyed. After a moment, though, she recovered her composure to grab the wand from the Dumbledore who was stood next to her.

"Well then, let’s see who you really are," spoke the newly established real Dumbledore, as he strode up the Great Hall towards the staff table. With a flick and a swish of his wand, the convicted fake Dumbledore morphed into the unmistakeable frame of Harry Potter.

"A very amusing prank, Mr. Potter," commented Dumbledore. "Perhaps it would be best if you took a place at the Gryffindor table."

The real Dumbledore took his place behind the staff table and prepared to resume the announcement about the TriWizard Tournament, explaining that Harry Potter was going to be one of the guest’s judges, if he could keep out of mischief. However, at the mention of the name Harry Potter, another person walked casually into the Great Hall, to be greeted by absolute silence.

"OK, not the welcome I was expecting but…"

The new Harry (whose hands were a little hairier than normal, but no-one noticed given the events that were unfolding before them) stopped abruptly when he saw another Harry Potter sitting at the end of the Gryffindor table.

"What in Merlin's name is going on here? I don't know who you are, but you'd better have a damned good explanation for pretending to be me."

By this time, the new Harry was brandishing his wand aggressively towards the wandless impostor, who was trying to protest his innocence, claiming that he was really Albus Dumbledore. Ignoring the protests, a flick and a swish revealed the Harry Potter at the Gryffindor table was none other than Fred Weasley.

"Fred? I might have guessed," laughed Harry. "However, if you are here, I very much doubt that your brother is far away." With that said, Harry flicked and swished his wand at the previously verified Dumbledore, who was still stood behind the teacher's table, revealing him to actually be George Weasley.

Harry Potter made his way to the head table, to the cheers and applause of the majority of the school. Arriving at the podium, Harry explained that the real Albus Dumbledore had in fact been detained, and was currently in a meeting with the Minister of Magic. Harry went on to explain more about the Triwizard Tournament, how it would work, the other schools and such. Finally, with a glare at the two Weasley brothers who were both now sat at the Gryffindor table, Harry explained that Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes would be sponsoring the event.

At Harry's mention of WWW, Fred and George Weasley walked into the hall and find it extremely amusing to find themselves already ensconced at the Gryffindor table.

"Ho ho, brother mine," began Fred. "It appears some young prankster wannabe's are pretending to be us!"

"Indeed, my dear George. But what to do about the whippersnappers."

"Let's see who they really are first?" and with a flick and a swish of their wands, the Fred and George sat at the table transformed into Ron and Hermione Weasley.

"Well I am surprised!" stated George.

"Me too!" exclaimed Fred. "Ginny and Harry maybe but not ickle Ronnie and Hermione." With a not so subtle cough from Harry at the head table, the real Fred and George made their way to the end of the staff table and sat down, after briefly plugging their new Hogsmeade store.

After more speaking by Harry Potter about the running of the tournament, Arthur Weasley and Albus Dumbledore marched into the hall. As they passed Ron and Hermione at the Gryffindor table, both stopped to say hello before taking seats at the magically expanding head table.

Dumbledore quickly returned to standing, so that he could address his school.

"Students, staff and guests. It appears that in my absence, some ex-pupils have been having a bit of fun. However, it is clear to me, that all is not yet as it should be." The hall gasped, as they were sure that the perpetrators, Ron and Hermione Weasley had been uncovered.

"It is time to revert everyone, back to their normal selves. We have had enough shenanigans for one evening."

Starting with Harry Potter, Dumbledore verified that all teachers and guests at the staff table were who they claimed to be. He then turned to Ron and Hermione, who were still seated at the Gryffindor table. 'Ron', was quickly turned back into his true form, which, it turned out, was Ginny Potter.

"Mrs. Potter, why am I not surprised," said Dumbledore, with a very subtle wink to the red-headed woman. Finally, Dumbledore turned his attention to Hermione Weasley, who was staring at the table and muttering quietly, whilst periodically banging her fist against her head. With a by now well practiced flick and swish, Hermione Weasley revealed her true form — Albus Dumbledore.

"I don’t know who you are, but the joke ends now," commanded the Dumbledore on the stage with authority. "Please end this charade and reveal your self."

The Dumbledore at the Gryffindor table remained silent, but gradually began to shake. After a good few seconds, he leapt up from his seat, knocking it over backwards and startling the Hufflepuff first year behind him.

"I AM ALBUS DUMBLEDORE!" roared the man, his face purple with frustration.

"Well, that is a conundrum," stated the on-stage Dumbledore, calmly. "But I know how we can settle this. Professor McGonagall, please ask a question that only the true Dumbledore would know the answer to."

The true Dumbledore righted his seat, sat back down, and began repeatedly banging his head against his old house table.

Ginny Potter quietly rose from the Gryffindor table, and walked up to the staff table. Leaning across towards the Dumbledore that stood there, she whispered "Good work, hun. Hermione owes me a Starbucks."

---
Reviews 22
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear