Search:

SIYE Time:4:29 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


After Ten Years
By I_Luv_Hermione

- Text Size +

Category: Post-Hogwarts
Characters:All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Comedy, Drama, Fluff, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Death, Extreme Language, Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 33
Summary: It has been ten years since our favorite quartet left Hogwarts. Voldemort is gone, but his followers are still at large and in hiding. Follow Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny as they start their families and live their lives without the worry of the Dark Lord.
Hitcount: Story Total: 30907; Chapter Total: 5681





Author's Notes:
It took some editing, but here's part three!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Three Months Later

Harry was sitting at his desk doing some paperwork when a howler was flown into his office and dropped onto his desk. Harry reached for it only to be stunned as it burst open.

“HARRY! GET TO ST. MUNGO’S IMMEDIATELY! GINNY HAS GONE INTO LABOR AND NEEDS YOU HERE NOW!!!” Hermione’s voice screamed, her voice magnified at ten times it’s normalcy.

Dropping everything, Harry bolted out of his office, yelling back, “Kingsley, I know you heard that! Have Dawson finish that report for me; tell him I’ll make it worth his while. See ya!”

“Go get ‘em, Potter, and congrats!” Kingsley called.

Rushing out of the Ministry of Magic, Harry Apparated immediately as he entered the Apparation Zone, arriving at St. Mungo’s.

Harry raced through the doors and rushed up to the information desk.

“My wife, Ginevra Weasley, was admitted here as in labor. Where is her room?” Harry asked frantically, holding the desk for support.

“They said you’d be here soon. Here, hold this,” the desk clerk said handing Harry an old tin can. Harry took it, stared at it for a few seconds, and then asked, “What now?”

“One, two, three,” the clerk said.

The Portkey immediately took Harry to the hallway outside Ginny room.

Quietly, Harry opened and shut the room door and walked over to Ginny’s bedside.

She looked up and sigh with a smile as she said, “Oh, thank Merlin you’re here!”

“Of course I’m here,” Harry said sitting down and taking one of her hands in his own. “Are you alright?”

“Yes, and I have great news!” Ginny replied. “I’m having twins!”

“Gin, that’s amazing!” Harry said hugging her.

“There’s more,” Ginny said as they separated. “They’re fraternal twins; one’s a boy and one’s a girl!”

“Lily and Lance!” Harry said understanding what she was implying. “You are too amazing!”

Suddenly, Ginny had a contraction, causing her to cry out and winced. A Childbirth Healer appeared in seconds, and before Harry could object, he was ushered out of the room as Ginny had another contraction.

Harry was forced to sit, overcome with impatience, in the waiting room, which now only consisted of the Weasleys, including Hermione, Fleur, and Fred and George’s wives, Angelina and Katie.

Ron and Hermione sat on either side of him, Hermione holding his hands and Ron patting him on the back.

“Everything will be fine, mate,” Ron said.

“I know, I know,” Harry said. “It’s just I’ve been looking forward to being a father for so long that it’s hard to sit relaxed when…hang on, where’s your kid?”

“We left her with my parents,” Hermione replied. “…on the condition that she be put down for her nap immediately after we left. She’s already eaten, so I don’t have to worry about my parents spoiling her.”

“Mione, Harry doesn’t need the play-by-play,” Ron said.

“Actually, I don’t mind hearing this, Ron,” Harry said. “Now that I’m having kids, I’m gonna need your guys’ help. Ginny might have a mother’s intuition, but I know about as much about parenting as Ron does about Muggle stuff!”

“Hey!” Ron said in protest. “I’m getting better! Yesterday, Hermione and I went shopping and I could name everything we passed!”

“That’s because we went clothes shopping!” Hermione said laughing.

“No I mean after that!” Ron said annoyingly. “We went to that alpaince store to get a new breader and a new hisk!”

“I think you mean you went to an appliance store to get a new toaster and a new whisk,” Harry said, making Hermione break down into a fit of laughter.

“Well…I...er…” Rom stuttered. “Well I got it yesterday, and I could name everything that she bought!”

As he walked off in a bad mood, Hermione leaned over and whispered into Harry’s ear, “That because, apart from the electronic devices, all I bought was lingerie and food!”

Harry laughed so hard he couldn’t breathe.

“Oy! What’s so funny?” Rom asked returning to the group.

When Harry didn’t respond (because he was busting his gut laughing), he turned to Hermione and asked, “What did you bloody tell him that was so darn funny?”

“Let’s just say I told him what my ‘shopping’ is based around,” Hermione said, making Harry laugh ever harder.

“What’s that suppose to mean?” Ron asked.

“Oh, Ron, I love it when you don’t understand what’s right in front of you,” Hermione said. “I mean I told Harry everything you claim to knowledgably know and why!”

Ron still had to think, but when he turned brick red, Harry (who was still doubled over laughing) and Hermione knew that the point had gotten to him.

After about an hour more of waiting, the Healer entered the room, smiled, and said, “Congratulations, Mr. Potter. You are now the proud parent of fraternal twins.”

“May I see her?” Harry asked eagerly.

“Of course,” the Healer said.

Harry was led to Ginny’s room and left alone.

Tears filled his eyes as Harry entered Ginny’s room.

She was lying in her bed cradling what were his and her newborn son and daughter.

Ginny looked up at her husband and smiled as he approached her, tears flowing down her cheeks as well.

Ginny handed him their boy, Lance, and he sat down in the chair next to the bed.

“Gin, they’re beautiful,” Harry said as he stared at their sleeping baby boy.

“Lily seems to take after you quite a bit,” Ginny said. “She was quite a bit more stubborn of the two to be born.”

“She has your blazing hair,” Harry said looking over at their daughter.

“She has her father’s eyes, though,” Ginny said.

“What did you say?” Harry asked turning to face Ginny.

“I said she has your eyes, Harry,” Ginny said looking at Harry with a worried look. “Why?”

“Gin, what do my eyes and your hair mixed together onto one head make?” Harry asked.

Ginny had to think for a moment, but she finally understood what he meant.

“She’ll look almost exactly like your mum,” Ginny said.

Harry started to cry again as he smiled at Lily and said, “That’s right. She’ll have the looks that are true to her name: flaming red hair and glistening green eyes.”

Harry turned to Ginny and said, “Ginny, thank you for bringing my, no…our children into this world. I love you so much.”

“I love you too,” Ginny replied.

Reviews 33
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear