Search:

SIYE Time:22:09 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


My Own Padfoot
By Marauder Evans

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Rating: R
Reviews: 41
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated in over 2 years ***

Harry needs to find a way to protect Ginny. Which method does he use? Ginny, on the other hand, has gotten a new pet. And why does Harry seem to be popping up around the castle wherever she is? She doesn’t need protection! She has Padfoot to protect her from danger. Or is it really Padfoot who’s protecting her?
Hitcount: Story Total: 13817; Chapter Total: 2572





Author's Notes:
Ok, so it's been AGES since I uploaded, seeing my life's been all in all hectic and abnormal. Withh my sister's recovery and the world exploding when DH came out, gosh. I am so gratefull for you guys and your patience! Although I know you all want to hex me for taking so long! But I think the next update's gonna be in like a wekk or two, but thank you again!!! And forgive the shortness of the chapter! i had to give you all something! xx




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


My Own Padfoot
The Worthless Fight

***


Ginny was softly humming to herself as she cleaned Snape’s shelves. She smirked to herself when a thought crossed her mind: what would her mother do if she saw the dust that lingered on the shelves?

A soft cough brought her from her musings as Ginny turned to see Harry leaning against the doorway. She smiled. “How long have you been sanding there?”

He shrugged. “Long enough to hear you laughing at the air and hum to yourself.”

Ginny smiled and climbed down the ladder. “Don’t declare me insane just yet. I had a wonderful joke to share with Mum about Snape’s shelves.”

She rested the brush and the bin on Snape’s desk. “So what are you doing here actually?” She cast a few household spells, cleaning out the bucket.

Harry cleared his throat and shrugged. “Just coming here to release you from Snape’s claws.”

“Really? Why did he send you, of all people?” Ginny mused.

She heard him snort in reply. “Well, apparently Voldemort has summoned him so he told me to release you because he didn’t trust you in his office if he wasn’t there to release you.”

Ginny groaned, rolling her eyes. “He doesn’t trust me with his potion’s lab but he tells me to dust his room!”

The wizard grinned. “Come on, let’s go.”

Ginny nodded and walked past him through the door and headed up the stairs; she assumed Harry was following her and kept walking absentmindedly, humming cheerfully.

Ginny soon turned the corner and sensed the atmosphere of the hallway turn arctic. Slowing down her pace and her humming, she looked around, disturbed.

“Looking for someone, Weasley?” a cold voice drawled out form the shadows.

No! Why?! Why me?!

Ginny stiffened as her hand moved to her pocket. She swore; she had left her wand in Professor Snape’s office.

The dark voice chuckled as three bodies emerged form the shadows as Draco Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle stood before Ginny.

“Malfoy,” Ginny growled, ignoring Crabbe and Goyle‘s presence.

Draco walked up toward Ginny so that she could feel his breath tickling her ear as he leaned down. “Don’t be so cold, Ginevra. I’m sure we’ll be good, good friends during these next few days. You’ll warm up to me…eventually.”

Come on, Harry. I know you’re not far behind.

-- Meanwhile

Harry double-checked and locked Snape’s office when he left. Snape would personally kill him if one of his potions was two inches too much to the left. He had left Ginny walk up the stairs by herself (not that she paid much attention to him).

He slowly made his way up the staircase when a loud crash came from the southern hallway. He switched directions and made his way to where the noise emerged. Something told him that he should just mind his own business, but his curiosity got the better of him and he strutted off toward the southern hallway.

--

“Piss off, Malfoy!” Ginny turned on her heels and tried to walk away but Draco grabbed her arm, slamming her into the wall.

He grabbed her jaw fiercely, her groans of pains causing Crabbe and Goyle to chuckle. “What’s wrong, Weasley? Not so feisty now, are we?”

Ginny spat in his face, causing him to release her face and glare at her murderously. Ginny pouted mockingly. “Awww, did Malfoy dirty his Mary DuPreaux? I’m sure your daddy wont mind buying a new set for you. But then again, he’s in Azkaban so that’s gonna be tough!”

Ginny had her plan all planned out. Oh, the things she was going to do to Malfoy when he took down his guard!

Malfoy growled and whipped out his wand. Ginny rolled her eyes. “Whatcha gonna do with that, Malfoy? Hex me? Or even kill me perhaps? I’m sure your daddy will be proud to see his soon following in his footsteps.”

“You stupid b-”

Before Malfoy could even finish his sentence he was flying like an insect that got seriously smacked through the sky. Crabbe and Goyle immediately cowered and ran away. Besides, who wouldn’t run away? Harry freaking Potter was coming this way!

Ginny sighed and dusted off her robes as Harry approached Malfoy, his wand aimed steadily at Malfoy. “Now, finish that sentence for me, will you?”

Malfoy scrabbled back in fear and Harry made a clucking noise of disapproval. “If you ever talk to her like that again, Malfoy. Head for the hills.”

Malfoy didn’t even think twice as he scattered away, calling for his two imbeciles of friends. Harry sighed and turned to Ginny, who seemed unconcerned and slightly annoyed.

“What?”

“I was handling it very well by myself, you know,” she muttered.

“Hey, he had no right to talk to you like that!” Harry started.

“Oh, don’t you think I know that? Besides, I can take care of myself! You should’ve let him finished that sentence and I’d show him what’d happened!” Ginny spat.

“Hey, I was just trying to help you, Gin.”

“Well, maybe I don’t need your help. I was doing fine until you came back to Hogwarts, so why don’t you find yourself back out?”

She didn’t even wait for his response as she strode off, muttering incoherent words under her breath, leaving a very dumbfounded and slightly annoyed Harry behind.

Geez, you try to help and they get mad, you do nothing and they have kittens!

Harry sighed and transformed into Padfoot. Let’s see what evilness she has to say about Potter tonight, shall we?

Padfoot strutted off toward Ginny’s room and let out a whiney howl and scratched her door. The reply he got was hardly appropriate for a girl. He howled again and she opened the door and rushed him in. “I already have one headache floating around in my head and I don’t want another one, capiche?”

Padfoot gave a gruff salute and hopped up on Ginny’s bed (walking around a few circles) before planting himself between the pillows. Ginny looked at him and sighed before tossing herself on the bed.

She threw her arms lazily over her eyes. Why did that stupid git have to come and help me?! I was doing perfectly fine on my own! Why did he even come back? Hey…wait a minute. He’s back! That means Ron’s back too! And Hermione!!

Ginny sprang up off the bed, scaring Padfoot in the process. She started giggling and Padfoot whimpered slightly. She’s finally lost it. Maybe it was a bit too much for her.

“Oh don’t worry, Padfoot! I’m not nutters just yet! You see,” Ginny sat beside Padfoot and hugged him, patting his nose playfully, “Hermione’s back, so I can forget about Harry and go visit Hermione! She’ll probably give me some advice if I tell her that I need to get some boy out of my mind!”

You’re wounding my ego here…Why are you trying your best to forget me?! Padfoot whined.

Ginny cocked her head to the side? “What? You don’t like the plan?”

Padfoot barked and licked her cheek, making her giggle. “So what do you suggest?”

Padfoot jumped out of the bed and strolled over to the door, encouraging her to come.

She gave him a puzzled look and kneeled down. “What? You want me to go outside? But I don’t have rounds tonight, remember?”

Padfoot barked again and nudged her forward with his nose. Ginny sighed, furrowing her brows. “What? You want me to go out there? For what?! To come across Harry, because I know for a fact that he’s still out there.”

Padfoot barked three times and licked her. Ginny sighed. “You want me to talk to him don’t you?”

He gave a gruff bark and she smiled. “Well maybe I should. I mean it’s a bit childish to be acting like this, don’t you think?”

Padfoot was now wagging his tail excitedly. Ginny giggled and stood up. “Okay, I guess I’ll go look for Harry, since you insisted.”

She opened the portrait and took a deep breath. Dear Merlin, do not ask me where this came from, seeing I was just ready to blow off Harry Potter’s head, but I’m going tot talk to him and set things straight for once and for all.

Harry Potter, brace yourself, a storm is coming.
Reviews 41
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear