Search:

SIYE Time:14:10 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Power of Love
By TheChosenOne07

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Comedy, Drama, Fluff, General, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Dark Fiction, Death, Extreme Language, Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: R
Reviews: 21
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated in over 2 years ***

During the Last Battle, after Harry and company destroy all of the Horcruxes, Harry ends up taking a Killing Curse for Ginny not knowing that he had just made the best decision of his life.
Hitcount: Story Total: 4569



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.





ChapterPrinter




Chapter 1: The Prophecy Fulfilled

“Ah, young Harry, we meet again at last. I have waited for this for a long time you know, far too long. I will once and for all rid the world of your pathetic life,” Tom Riddle hissed at Harry.

“I don’t think so Tom,” Harry replied coolly.

“Don’t call me that!” Voldemort spat, “That is not my name anymore!”

“It is your name, your HALF-BLOOD name,” Harry said stressing the word Half-blood.

“Enough of this,” Voldemort said and waved his hand and created a dome of grayish silver. “Only one of us can leave this dome alive and I assure you it will be me.”

*****

Seconds earlier, Ginny saw Harry and Tom exchanging words and quickly took out her Death Eater and started running towards Harry across the Hogwarts’ grounds. She heard Voldemort say "Enough of this" and was just inside the dome when the spell was completed.

*****

“Ah what do we have here? Yes, it is the last living Weasley, and what do we have on the left hand there? I see Potter has asked you to marry him. Too bad he won’t alive to do it,” Voldemort said as he turned toward Ginny who kept on walking to Harry and slipped her hand in his.

“Oh but that is where you are wrong Tom. It is I who am going to destroy you. You see, you are as mortal as I am now. I found and destroyed all of you Horcruxes, all six of them; the diary, Slytherin's ring, his locket, the cup of Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw's wand, and your dear precious Nagini. The last piece of the puzzle is standing in front of me and I am going to destroy it, destroy you Tom,” Harry said with a hard cold tone. For the first time in Harry’s life, he saw fear on the face of Voldemort, fear then anger.

“You know Potter, I underestimated you, and I will admit that. You have proven yourself far beyond the abilities Severus informed me of you. I always knew he was a traitor though, which is why I killed him before he had a chance to betray me here on the battlefield. I know your strengths Potter, but I also know your only weakness.” With a flick of his wand Ginny flew from Harry’s side and crashed into the dome wall, ten feet two his left. Voldemort's wand was so fast that Harry didn’t even have time to react.

“GINNY!” Harry yelled, but quickly looked back to Voldemort who wand was trained on Ginny.

“I was going to kill you first and have my way with her but you wouldn’t be here to see it. She is such a beautiful woman, and your only weakness. You would do anything for her wouldn’t you Potter? Yes, I can see it in your eyes, your mothers’ eyes. Now I am going to take away the only thing you have left to care about Potter.” Voldemort then grinned at Harry.

“NO!” Harry screamed.

“Avada Kedavra!” Voldemort yelled.

Harry dove and was hit in the chest with the green light and slammed into the back of the dome. Harry Potter was dead.

*****

Harry opened his eyes and stood up and took in his surroundings. It was in….well….he didn’t really know where he was. He was still dressing in his torn robes from the Final Battle. It was pure white for as long as he could see. I looked like he was floating but he was able to walk around. ‘Where am I’ Harry thought. ‘Wait, the Final Battle, I took a Killing Curse for Ginny! Oh no! I’ve failed!’

“No you haven’t young Harry,” a voice boomed.

Harry jumped but then regained his composure. “Who said that?” Harry replied.

“I did, look up,” the voice replied.

Harry looked up and saw seven clear but transparent faces staring at him. “Who are you and where is this place? Why am I here and how did I get here and am I dead and…?” Harry was cut off.

“Calm down my child, I am here to explain everything. As to who I am, who we are, we are the first seven Wizard and Witches to be born with magic. We are the High Council of Magic. We make decisions regarding the past, present and future. As to why you are here, you are here because of many things Harry. You are here because of the prophecy about you and Tom Riddle. You are here because you were hit by the Killing Curse and most importantly, you were brought here because of love Harry.”

“I’m really dead?” was all Harry could get out before he was cut off again. This time someone different spoke to him.

“Yes my child you are, but not for long. You fulfilled the prophecy about you by dieing for you one and only true love, Gineyra Weasley. By committing that act, you were brought here to be given a second chance, a second chance at the life you have always wanted, a life without Tom Riddle. As I said, you fulfilled the prophecy but dieing for your one true love and were brought here to be given Power and Knowledge, both beyond your wildest dreams Harry. Had you not saved Ginevra from death you would have succeeded in killing Tom Riddle but would not have anyone left that loved you like the ones you lost.”

“Just how much power are we talking about here?” almost having been embarrassed by receiving such a gift.

“Let’s just say you would make Merlin and Albus Dumbledore look like squibs.”

Harry gawked and the old Wizard.

“Please close your mouth Harry” the old Wizard chuckled. “Thank you. As I said before, you are going to be given power and knowledge. You will be given all of your own memories back. As for the power, well let’s just say you will be able to just wish something to happen and have it happen. You will be also be given control over all of your new powers and how to use them. Where is all this power coming from? It is coming from all of the loved ones in your life that you lost. Your mother and father, Sirius, Albus, Ron, Hermione, Hagrid, Remus, Nymphadora, Neville, Luna, Minerva, Molly, Arthur, Fred, George, Bill, Charlie, Fleur, Cedric, Dobby, Winky and yourself, having died for your own cause. They will all have there same amount of power when you go back but you will be given there power, not knowledge. The knowledge you will also get will allow you to know how to use and control all of you new powers you will be getting, along with anything and everything else. You will also know how to fight in the martial arts and know how to wield a sword, along with many other things. You have lost so much in life Harry and have not asked for anything in return. Yes, you hated it being you but you still turned out to be the man every person looked to for hope. You have given that to them. Well I suppose it is more that hope now.”

“What do you mean? I don’t understand,” Harry said.

“Harry will all this power you are going to make Tom like some Muggle child. He will be no match for you, no one will. When you return, you will be the most powerful Wizard ever to walk the earth, by far. There will never be a more powerful Wizard after you. Yes, there will still be ones that hold great power and will do great things, but not one to match you. I dare say you could take on the whole school in a duel and still win. You will break rules in magic that no one should even be capable of. You will not even need your wand when you go back but I suggest you use it so as to not show everyone what you are capable of unless you are sure you are ready for more attention. Well, enough about your power. Harry, you are going to be able to be selfish for once. We are going to allow you to change some things that were not in your original time line. You will be sent back to the time where the war essentially started, the second your name came out of the Goblet of Fire. Now, I know there are certain things you wish to change. How may we help you?

“Wow, this is a lot to take in all at once.” After thinking and pacing about for about five minutes, Harry started talking to one of the old Wizards. “Well first off I would like to be emancipated and then live with Sirius and Remus at Potter Manor, that way I can still do magic over the holidays, and well, anytime and anywhere I would like. I would like Peter to be put in Azkaban for having betrayed my parents. I would like full control over all of my vaults and I want anyone that I willing share my secret with to be masters at Occlumency and Legilimency. I won’t hide from them what happened here. I would like the map I have from my father to show me all of Hogwarts secrets and not just what they discovered. I would also like a room in the castle to well…a room where time flows differently. Something like every hour outside of the room equals one week inside of it. It is going to help my train the DA way better than I did last time. I am going to have my army ready for Voldemort come my seventh year at Hogwarts. I would like to have a phoenix of my own as soon as Dumbledore reads my name on the piece of parchment that came out of the Goblet of Fire. I want to find a cure for lycanthropy and the Cruciatus Curse. One more thing, I want to be able to feel where Ginny is at and be able to just Apparate to her side at a moments notice. I won’t be able to be with her all the time. Well I guess that’s all really, I mean you are giving me more than enough power to I don’t really need that. Will you be able to change everything that I mentioned?” Harry asked, praying that they would be able to.

“Well, almost everything. The only thing we will not be able to do is put Peter in Azkaban. Anyone you share your secret with will be granted with the gifts of Occlumency and Legilimency. You will be emancipated and have control over all of your vaults and estate. You will have a full legal adult Wizard status. It will be left up to Remus to decide if he wants to move in with you but I don’t think that he is going to have a problem with that. You can tell your family about everything but it would be wise to do it slowly or when you think they are ready to hear it, but we cannot put Peter in Azkaban. All of the other stuff you listed will also be allowed. Now, this is what is going to happen. All of the events prior to when your name came out of the Goblet of Fire will have stayed as you remember them, with the only difference of Sirius was given a trial and found innocent of all charges even with Peter escaping. We cannot change a prophecy. With Peter going to find Voldemort and help him get a new body the timeline from your fourth to seventh year will have stay the same, depending on what you change. You will have knowledge of the future young Harry and that is a very dangerous thing. Change too much and the original timeline will change things that you might not have control over, but again with your power, should you change to much you still will be in control of every situation. You will also have more knowledge then you could have ever imagined. I have faith that you will keep your family and friends better protected this time around. Know Harry that your parents are very proud of you and still love you to this day. Now, our meeting to come to an end,” the old Wizard said as they started to fade away.

“Will I ever hear from you again?” asked Harry as they got more and more faded.

“No,” they all replied in unison almost gone.

Thank you!” Harry yelled as they dissolved into thin air.

A whisper came back to Harry as it seemed just like a wind, “No, thank you.”

*****

Harry blinked and suddenly remembered where he was at. He watched as a piece of parchment float down towards the headmaster. He knew what was about to come and he found him self actually happy about it this time around. He could feel the power inside of him and it scared him to death at the same time, it felt more relaxing than anything he could ever imagine, except when he was with Ginny. He snapped himself out of his daze as he heard the headmaster read his name loudly for the third time.

“HARRY POTTER!”





A/N: Please review and let me know what you think. Also would you like longer chapters and update slower or shorter chapter and get one every week.
Reviews 21
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear