Search:

SIYE Time:20:35 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Love of Others
By SapphireAster

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:All, All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Drama, General, Humor, Romance, Tragedy
Warnings: Death, Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 1
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated in over 2 years ***

Harry is a young man who must face his destiny. But what we don't know about is who the young people who fight by his side are. Throughout the years they gain new friends and lose old ones. There's Hermione, the brain of the group. Ron, who's loveable but dim-witted. Ginny, the fire that sparks something deep within Harry. The Twins, who are always good for a laugh when the time is right. Neville, who longs for acceptance and finally, Sara, the girl with no idea of her past nor any idea of how she will take part in the final battle.
Hitcount: Story Total: 2602



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
This is a Harry/Ginny... Roon/Hermione and Ron/other. Harry and Ginny are somewhat background fer know.




ChapterPrinter


“Life is not measured by the breaths we take
But
By the moments that take our breath away...”


Five years after the final battle…


Sara Warner sat on her king size bed, her legs crossed underneath her. She wore white tights, a dark blue garter and a large black t-shirt. Her long black hair was held up with pink and blue curlers. Her bright hazel eyes were swollen and red. A wicker basket sat beside the bed filled with used tissue. As Sara blew her nose once again, her bedroom door went flying open and a little blue haired three-year-old little girl came running in, her long braids flying. Her bright brown eyes full of tears.

“Mommy! Auntie Tonks and Auntie Ginny told me I had to put on a dress! I don’t wanna wear a dress!” she cried flinging herself into Sara’s arms and bursting into tears. Sara stifled a laugh as she put her arms around the little girl. A movement at the door drew Sara’s attention from the little girl. There in the doorway stood Sara’s Aunt Nymphadora Tonks and her best friend Ginny Weasley, both grinning.

“Well, we really can’t say like mother like daughter, cause if I remember correctly you use to ‘like’ wearing dresses,” Tonks teased with a grin on her face. She wore a long grey skirt and a white cotton top. Her hair was cropped just below her ears and was the color of neon pink. Ginny laughed as she leaned against the other side of the doorframe, she was dressed in black slacks and a dark green silk shirt. Her deep red hair was long and in a French braid.

Sara laughed and adjusted the little girl, so that she was sitting on her lap. She pulled a tissue from the box that sat on the nightstand beside the bed and gently wiped the little girl’s face. “Ok, no more crying Little One. That’s my job and you don’t want to upstage Mommy on her big day do you?” she asked quietly.

“No,” the little girl said shaking her head as her hair slowly went from a dark blue to a soft red and ending in little ringlet’s down her back. “But I still don’t wanna wear a dress,” she said stubbornly, “I wanna wear pants like Charlie!”

Sara shook her head, “I’m sorry Lia, but you’re the flower girl, so you have wear a dress. As for Charlie, he’s the ring barrier so he gets to wear pants. But I’ll make you a deal; you wear the dress long enough for us to get some pictures and then one of us will bring you back inside and let you change,” she said brushing away a lock of hair out of the young girl’s face.

The little girl’s eyes brightened up, “You promise?” she asked first looking at Sara then to Ginny and Tonks, who both shook their heads. “Ok! Deal!” she said jumping off Sara’s lap and walking up to Tonks who held out her hand. The little girl took her hand before turning back to Sara, “Hurry up Mommy, you don’t want to make Daddy wait,” she said before leaving the room with Tonks, talking none stop.

Sara shook her head as she moved to sit on the edge of the bed. “It’s hard to believe that she and Charlie are three already,” she said as she looked over at her best friend a sad smile on her face before she turned and flicked her hand at the closet door. As the double doors swung open a flash of white caught the summer sun and glimmered. There hanging in the closet was a white wedding dress; it was decorated in lace and peals with a four-foot train.

Ginny returned Sara’s smile, before stepping up to the closet and pulling out the dress and a veil, and then laying them on the foot of the bed. She went back to the closet and pulled out two light blue dresses. “They sure grew up fast and the fact that Amelia’s a Metamorphmagus and Charlie isn’t is going to be tough on both of them,” she said shaking her head, “They sure have Mum and Dad wrapped around their little fingers, along with Bill, Fred and George,” she said with a grin. “And Ron, who would have ever thought that he’d help create such a cute little thing,” she said moving over to the mahogany and glass bureau that stood in the corner and looking at the pictures that waved back at her. “And little Charlie is so much like Ron, it’s hilarious. Did you know that Ron and Harry took him up for his first ride?” she asked.

“Yeah, Charlie told me that day over dinner. Poor Ron nearly fell out of his chair,” Sara said with a laugh, “According to Tonks it skips a generation. That’s why Gabriel was one and I wasn’t.” Sara shook her head as she stood up and made her way over to the glass doors that lead out to her balcony. Ginny followed her as she stepped out into the late afternoon sun. “I honestly never thought that Ron and I would be this happy together. I always thought Seamus and I would be together, and Ron and Hermione would be together,” Sara said sitting down in one of the wicker chairs. “We lost so much during that final battle. It’s hard to believe that we could be this happy. I will never forget the day when they told me that I had lost Seamus and that Gabriel was the one who killed him.”

“I think Ron felt the same way. He was so over heels in love with Hermione and when he lost her, his whole world caved in,” Ginny said sitting down across from her. “But you can tell he loves you, Amelia and Charlie,” she said looking over at the clock on the wall. “I remember the day you went into labor and Mum wouldn’t let him into the room. I thought he was going to run a hole in the floor with all his passing. He was so sure that he was going to loose you and the kids, it finally took Harry to point out that if Voldemort couldn’t kill you, nothing could,” she said with a large grin. “He said you were to damn stubborn to go anywhere.” Ginny laughed, “Its four, sweetie, we need to get you dressed and downstairs in an hour.” Ginny said standing up and heading back into the large bedroom, just as Tonks came. Sara sat there for a few more minutes with her eyes closed as the other two laughed and talked as they changed into their dresses.

“Come on Sara, no more wasting time or your going be late.” Tonks said standing against the doorframe. Her hair had changed from neon pink to black and her eyes were the same color as Sara’s, now they looked related. “Sweetie are you OK?” she asked lifting up her skirt and kneeling next to Sara.

Sara opened her eyes and smiled, “I’m fine Tonks, really. I was just taking a moment and asking Hermione to be with us today and I was promising both her and Seamus that I would never forget them,” she said standing up and making her way into the bedroom and standing at the foot of the bed. “I can’t believe that in just under an hour I’m gonna be Mrs. Ronald Weasley,” Sara said before removing her t-shirt revealing a white strapless bra before stepping into her wedding dress. It was off the shoulders and clung tightly to her curves and showed off a little bit of her cleavage. At the waist, it bellowed out into had a full skirt.

After Ginny had buttoned up the back and tied the bow, Sara had just sat down at her vanity and was gently starting to remove her curlers, when there was a knock at the door and two sets of redheaded twins walked in. Amelia was dressed in a blue dress that was the exact same of Tonks and Ginny’s. Her light red hair was pinned black with a dark blue headband that had a blue flower on it. Charlie was dressed in a black tux, his short red hair was slicked back and freckles ran across his face. He had a deep blue pillow in his hand.

“Mommy! Lia said I look stupid!” Charlie said on the verge of tears.

“He said I looked ugly!” Amelia said stomping her foot.

“Amelia Ginevra Weasley you apologize to your brother this instant and Charles Sirius Weasley, you tell your sister that she looks pretty! Or neither of you will be getting any dessert,” Sara said looking at her kids in the mirror as she pinned her wavy hair back.

Amelia looked at her mother her bottom lip sticking out, before turning to her twin brother, “Sorry,” she mumbled.

Charlie looked at his twin sister with disgust and mumbled, “You look pretty.” As the five adults looked on trying desperately trying not to burst out laughing.

Fred stepped forward, kneeled before the two kids and said, “You guys lucky, you’re mum is so nice. Back when Uncle Fred and Aunt Ginny were kids, Grandma Molly use to make us kiss each other on the cheek if we got caught fighting.” Causing Amelia and Charlie looked at each other with disgust and ran from the room screaming. Sara burst out laughing as she pulled out a pearl necklace from a red velvet box. Tonks helped her put it on before helping Ginny place her veil on.

“Will someone go keep an eye on them, I don’t want them in the kitchen getting under Molly’s feet, while she finishes cooking,” Sara said slipping her earrings in. “Oh will one of you take this to Ron?” she asked pulling out a black box with a deep red ribbon.

Ginny and Tonks laughed before looking at each other, “You get the kids and I’ll take the box to Ron,” Ginny suggested taking the box.

Tonks grinned, “Ok by me, though I just hope I don’t get under Molly’s feet,” she said heading out the bedroom door with Ginny on her heels.

Sara turned and took a closer look at her two closes companions. Next to Ginny, they were her closes friends. Fred and George still looked the same after many years and many hardships. George had a scar that ran across his face, which he had gotten while fighting during the last battle, while Fred didn’t have any visible scars just emotional and mental. Both recently married, Fred married Melissa Haggerty, a young woman who joined the Order of the Phoenix, shortly after her family was wiped out. She was in the same year as the twins, but was in Ravenclaw. They were expecting their first child in sixth months. George married Katie Bell, his girlfriend from their Hogwarts years. They had parted on good terms when Katie chose to take a scholarship in America. They hooked back up shortly after she returned a few years later. They too where expecting their first child in three months.

“So how’s business going?” she asked with a grin. With a wave of her hand two chairs appeared. “It’s nice to see that you two jackasses finally learned how to finally knock, instead of Apparating anywhere you please,” she teased referring to the time when they decided to ‘pop’ in on Sara and Ron at a very intimate moment between the two. She burst out laughing as their faces turned the same color as their hair. “You both realize that I will never let you two live that down. I have never screamed so loud in my life and I think Ron was going to kill you both, if he wasn’t so um… preoccupied,” she said raising her eyebrows a grin on her face.

“Merlin’s beard! You’ve gotten worst since Hogwarts Sara!” Fred said acting shock but he had a grin on his face. George just shook his head as if he couldn’t believe is ears.

“What can I say, I had two great teachers!” Sara said turning back to the mirror and began applying her lipstick, before pushing her chair back and grabbing her white tennis shoes that had white lace instead of regular shoelaces. She caught them looking at her shoes and she grinned, “What’s the point of being uncomfortable all day when all you really have to do is change a few things and make a nice pair of sneakers into something pretty,” she explained tying the last shoe. “Shall the Fathers of the Bride escort the Bride downstairs?” she suggested standing up.

An hour later…

“I need the Bride, the brides-maids and the flower girl!” Neville yelled over the music as he waved his arms. He was standing by the large oak tree that stood next to the path that led down to the beach. He had taken off his jacket was dressed in his tux pants and white button down shirt, he had his camera hanging from around his neck. Sara was across the reception tent, where she was sitting on Ron’s lap as they chatted with Ginny and Harry, when she heard Neville call her over, when she went to get off Ron; he playfully grabbed her wrist and pulled her back down on his lap, a grin on his face.

“Hurry back now,” he whispered huskily before kissing her.

Sara giggled as she kissed him back, “I’ll be right back,” she said not making a move to get up.

“Ronald let her go; she’s just getting her picture taken!” Molly said from her spot near the buffet table, where several house elves where dishing out food. Sara laughed as she finally stood up and walked with Ginny, Tonks and Lia over to where Neville was standing. She watched with a grin on her face at the scene before her. She watched as Neville placed Sara sitting on the ground, her wedding dress billowing out around her. She looked so beautiful, but Molly could see the hidden pain in her eyes. She laughed as Lia took a flying leap into her Mother’s lap. It was a cute picture of Mother and daughter. Then Charlie stood behind his mother and sister, looking proud and much like his father. Molly wiped away a tear as she thought of how much her daughter-in-law had lost in the last ten years; how much they all had lost.

Soon the pictures were taken and Amelia was taken upstairs to change. After Sara and Lia had returned the lead signer of the band, called for the Bride to dance with her Father. Everyone was scrambling around to try to cancel it, but Sara stood up, gracefully walked to the middle of the floor and slowly began dancing with an imaginary partner. After a moment or two, Harry stepped forward, and with a small bow, took Sara’s hand and began to lead her around the dance floor. Soon others began to cut in; first it was Neville who was actually quite graceful, followed by Bill, then Mr. Weasley, when Fred and George came up together, Sara laughed as she danced with both o them at the same time. Remus, who stood along the dance floor, looked as if he wanted to step forward but instead hung back. It took Tonks pushing him into the middle of the dance floor.

When he took Sara’s hand, she said, “I was beginning to wonder when you’d step up, Remus.” With a smile on her face. He had been a big part of her life growing up. He helped her except the fact that she was different, he took the place of the father figure she needed and she became the daughter he needed also.

Remus blushed, “I’m sorry,” he said quietly.

“So when you are you asking Tonks to marry you?” Sara asked bluntly. She knew that the relationship between Remus and her Aunt had gone from being friends to something more. She saw it whenever they looked at each other.

“I uh… um...” Remus stammered clearly lost for words, causing Sara to start laughing.

“I’ll let you off the hook this time, Remus,” she said as the music ended, “But just beware next time, I might not let you go so easily.” Sara said with a wink as she made her way over to Ron. Remus just shook his head but he had a smile on his face as he walked over to where Tonks was sitting talking with Bill and his wife Fleur. She looked up at him and a smile appeared on her face.

“What’s so funny?” she asked him as he sat down next to her and planted a small kiss on her cheek.

“Nothing Nympha,” Remus said picking up his champagne glass and taking a drink. He ignored the stare he was getting from Sara across the room, who had a grin on her face.

Tonks shrugged and went back to chatting with Bill and Fleur. But stopped when Ron and Sara took the floor to dance and then laughed, along with everyone else as Amelia and Charlie ran up to them, the four of them dancing together.

She felt a twinge in her gut as she glanced quickly at Remus. But looked away before he turned and looked at her, a softness in his grey eyes.

Nine o’clock pm…

“All single ladies to the center of the dance floor!” Sara said from her position on the stage. She had changed from her wedding dress into a long black skirt and a dark purple blouse. Her wavy black hair was pulled into a ponytail. Her and Ron where getting ready to leave on their Honeymoon.

She laughed as about fifteen ladies, Ginny pulling Tonks onto the floor. Pushed and shoved for a good place on the dance floor in front of her.

“Ready?” she yelled turning around so that her back was towards the group. “1…. 2… 3!” Sara threw the bouquet of red roses behind her back. She turned around just in time to see everyone stepped back so that Tonks was standing with the flowers; her hair changing different colors.

Sara laughed a huge grin on her face as Ron stepped forward and helped her off the stage. “You did that on purpose didn’t you?” he whispered a grin on his face.

“Yup! It’s the only way I could get those two together,” Sara said laying her hand on Ron’s cheek, “I finally got my Prince, and I think it’s about Aunt Tonks got hers,” she said as Ron kissed her palm.

With a grin, he pulled her out onto the dance floor as another song started, “Dance with me one last time before we leave, my Princess.” He said dipping her low. “Have I told you today that I love you?”

Sara laughed as he pulled her back up, “No but I don’t get tired of hearing it!” she said with a grin.

“I love you, Mrs. Sapphire Weasley,” Ron said kissing her.

“And I love you, Mr. Ronald Weasley!” Sara said with a smile, “Now more of this cutesy stuff or I’m gonna get a tooth ache.” she teased, watching as other couples joined them on the dance floor. With a wink Sara whispered into Ron’s ear and together they walked over to where Ginny and Harry were dancing.

Ron stepped forward, “May I cut in?” he asked and when Ginny went to dance with Ron, Sara stepped forward, took her best friend’s hand and danced away, while Ron did the same to Harry. The four of them burst out laughing as they came together once more and stood looking at each other, sad smiles on their face. They were thinking of how much they had been through finally to reach the place they were now.

“So I guess we’ll see you in three weeks.” Ron said offering his hand to Harry.

Harry reached out and shook Ron’s hand, “Yup,” he said before giving Sara a hug.

Ginny looked at Ron and Sara, tears in her eyes, “Have fun you two,” she said giving them both a hug.

Mr. and Mrs. Weasley stepped up and gave them each a hug. “Don’t worry about the kids. They’ll have fun with us,” Mrs. Weasley said with a smile.

“Thanks Mum,” Sara said hugging the women tightly, “For everything.” She whispered before stepping away.

“Ready Sar?” Ron asked stepping away from Bill who had a huge grin on his face, slapped him on the back and burst out laughing. “Shut it Bill.” Ron mumbled his ears bight red.

“I’m ready. See you all soon,” Sara said with a grin.

They kissed Amelia and Charlie before disappearing with a ‘pop’.

Ron and Sara decided to Honeymoon at Sara’s Grandparent’s villa for three weeks before returning home and getting back to their kids. Ron was starting his job at the Ministry, while Sara would be taking over Professor McGonagall’s potion as the Transfiguration’s teacher and Head of House for Gryffindor, while Harry would be taking the much needed and rumored cursed position as Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. They were both looking forward to September. After the final battle, Ginny and Neville decided to work at St. Mungo’s. Neville working with trying to find new potion cures while Ginny became a Healer.

Dawn…
Athens, Greece


As Ron slept in the king size bed, Sara dressed in her dark green silk nightgown; stood on the balcony that over the Mediterranean. Her long hair blowing freely in the sea breeze. She looked back into their bedroom and smiled at her husband’s sleeping figure. As she turned back to look over the ocean, tears sprang to her eyes.

She wiped away the tears as the memories came flooding back…
Reviews 1
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear