Search:

SIYE Time:0:11 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Where I Stood
By Spidey

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:All, All, Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst, Fluff
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 17
Summary: Harry and Ginny through Cho's eyes
Hitcount: Story Total: 5761



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
I dont own the song, it's called "Where I Stood" by the wonderful Missy Higgins, off her new album "On A Clear Night" I only own the plot in this story.




ChapterPrinter


~*~*~*~
I don’t know what I’ve done
Or if I like what I’ve begun
But something told me to run
And honey you know me it’s all or none
~*~*~*~

I can see the way he looks at her, with love and tenderness ablaze in his emerald eyes. The way he stands there in front of her, looking upon her soft face. A dazed smile sprawled upon his features as he tucks away a flame of blazing red hair.

Oh, I can see. He used to look at me that way, but never as intensely. I stand and watch this precious moment from afar, all the students move around them, but they are submerged in their own world. Even as I watch, it seems as if the crowd is a blur, and all you can see is them, like in those Muggle movies. You know how it goes.

He never looked at me, the way he looks at her. I can see it in their every move, every touch, every stolen glance. They balance each other out perfectly, as if they were matching puzzle pieces. They fit each other effortlessly. They are one soul in two bodies, ying and yang. Only a few people are lucky enough to find that and their fate was set in stone. Even when they weren’t a couple, they were, like all eternal lovers, Romeo and Juliet, Cleopatra and Mark Antony, Seth and Summer.

~*~*~*~
There were sounds in my head
Little voices whispering
That I should go and this should end
Oh and I found myself listening
~*~*~*~

I watch as he bows his head to kiss her, his hand buried in her hair. I turn away as a tear falls down my cheek, she stands where I stood. Oh, I remember I stood before him too, after everyone had left. He has a way of enchanting people, all I wanted to do was kiss him, nothing but that was evident on my mind. I stood before him, his eyes reflecting confusion, fear, uncertainty, and he was very hesitant. He had never done this before. I kissed him and it was wonderful. His hand came to rest on my hip, and then snaked around my back as he pulled me closer. Then, Cedric’s face flashed across my mind, ruining everything I could’ve had. I started to cry, and he just held me in his arms until my tears subsided, and we parted ways.

I knew I was the luckiest girl to be walking the halls of Hogwarts. He was the idol of every woman, the envy of every man, he was everything I wanted, but my happiness felt like a betrayal; my guilt wouldn’t pass. He was more than patient with me, but I could not get over the fact that it felt like I was betraying Cedric. People, my friends all told me to get over it, to move on, but he was always there, always waiting. In the end it was my fault. He wanted to help me, save me, morph me back into the girl I was, but because of my inability to let go, I lost him. Oh. I did love him, but it was the right emotions at the very worst of times. My grief was too much. I could never love him properly, and she will always love him more than I could.

~*~*~*~
‘Cos I don’t know who I am without you
All I know is that I should
And I don’t know if I could stand another hand upon you
All I know is that I should
‘Cos she will love you more than I could
She who dares to stand where I stood
~*~*~*~

I turn back to watch them, he’s holding her, her arms wrapped around him and I feel a dagger pierce my heart. I realize I will never be happy, I will never have what I see, what I want and need. They used to be my hands intertwined with his, his arms holding me. I want to be in her place one last time, but I never will, she has more to give than I.

She is one of the strongest, most intelligent people I know. To look at her you’d think she was this delicate little creature, but she’s more than evenly matched with Harry. She knows more than I do, she can help more than I could. I was so busy with my own pain that I never noticed his. A big mistake on my part.

~*~*~*~
See I thought love was black and white
That it was wrong or it was right
But you ain’t leaving without a fight
And I think I am just as torn inside
~*~*~*~

We deteriorated, and after the match against Gryffindor, Michael came to me, she didn’t even seem to care, but it was the way Harry looked at me on the train that day, I will never forget.

He looked at me with empty eyes, devoid of all emotion or recognition of who I was. The life had seeped out of his emerald orbs, and I felt my heart clench. This was not the Harry I knew. I looked away before he could see me cry. I walked down the corridor with Michael, desperately wishing for the Harry I knew to come back.


~*~*~*~
‘Cos I don’t know who I am without you
All I know is that I should
And I don’t know if I could stand another hand upon you
All I know is that I should
‘Cos she will love you more than I could
She who dares to stand where I stood
~*~*~*~

This year when we came back, I saw the old Harry reappear, whenever he looked at her, you could see something stir behind his eyes. It was in the way he interacted with her, I didn’t want this, I wanted him, but I saw something in his eyes when he looked at her that was missing when he looked at me.

Love.

He loves her and I never had a chance. I never had his heart, she always has, whether they knew it or not. I was never the one to be by his side fir the rest of his life, it was always her, it will always be Ginny.

Without Cedric or Harry, I don’t know who I am, but I’m slowly making that discovery.

~*~*~*~
And I won’t be far from where you are if ever you should call
You meant more to me than anyone I ever loved at all
But you taught how to trust myself and so I say to you
This is what I have to do
~*~*~*~

I watch as they break away from their embrace, hands intertwined as they walk, laughing and talking. They round a corner and leave my sight. I turn back, and slide down the wall and sit. I can feel that lump rise up my throat and tears well in my eyes.

I cry. For Cedric and for Harry. For their happiness, and my bitterness. For a future that’s in doubt. I can feel something changing, and with one last slob, I feel it all released from my heavy heart.

It was never my fate to be with him, and it's common knowledge that all the Potter men have a soft spot for redheads. In his eyes it will always be Ginny. The divine powers have already decided that.

I am happy, I have much to give. I stand up and Cedric’s face and Harry’s eyes disappear from my mind.

I was never Ginny. In Harry’s eyes, it will always be Ginny who stands where I stood.

~*~*~*~
‘Cos I don’t know who I am without you
All I know is that I should
And I don’t know if I could stand another hand upon you
All I know is that I should
‘Cos she will love you more than I could
She who dares to stand where I stood
~*~*~*~
Reviews 17
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear