Search:

SIYE Time:7:47 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Maybe One Day
By MalfoysMinx

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 3
Summary: Harry has some late night thoughts about a certain someone ; HBP missing moment*
Hitcount: Story Total: 3942



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.





ChapterPrinter


All this feels strange and untrue
And I won't waste a minute without you
My bones ache, my skin feels cold
And I'm getting so tired and so old



Harry yawned loudly.


“Bloody hell, what time is it?”


With a glance at the Weasleys' infamous clock that hung above the sink, all hands were on 'sleep.' Harry quirked an eyebrow and wondered how long he has been dozing off.


Rufus Scrimgeour had recently, or so it seems to him, came over the Burrow to once again get inside information on Dumbledore and convince Harry to be the Ministry's poster boy. It wasn't a surprise to Harry. He thought Scrimgeour would learn from Fudge's mistakes; he figured wrong. However, Harry was particularly shock that Percy came to visit his family. Most likely a reason for Scrimgeour to come over, Harry thought.


Considering the quietness of the house and the fact that everyone was asleep, he knew he should probably get to bed. He stood up from the chair and gave himself a stretch. Before he reached the landing of the stairs, Harry unconsciously found himself staring at the chair Ginny sat in. ”Harry, there's a maggot in your hair.” Goosebumps erupted at the memory, and it had nothing to do with the maggots. Harry blushed at the memory — it must have look funny.


If only Ginny knew how much he ached for her. There were many times Harry thought that all hope was lost, and then Ginny would give him a smile and a feeling of elation would rise in him. He sighed. He just couldn't do it — she was Ron's sister; his best mate's sister. Ron would probably say "betrayal of trust' or "suppose to be my friend." Harry did not want to risk his friendship with Ron no matter what.


Ginny was the only one that made Harry feel like himself. She brushed away all his problems and made him feel no less than an ordinary person. And that is what Harry wanted the most — to not be the 'Boy-who-lived,' the 'chosen one' or what not — to just make people realize he is a person and not some magnificent wizard.


Harry did not know what to do. Should he continue to keep his feelings a secret? Should he tell her? No, he couldn't do it. She's with Dean. He felt a cringing sensation in his stomach at the scene where he and Ron found Ginny and Dean in the deserted corridor.


The anger swells in my guts
And I won't feel these slices and cuts
I want so much to open your eyes
'Cause I need you to look into mine



He shook the thought out of his head; never wanting to relive that moment again. The only thing Harry could do now is admire her from afar and hope for the best.


Tell me that you'll open your eyes
Tell me that you'll open your eyes
Tell me that you'll open your eyes
Tell me that you'll open your eyes



Ginny wanted someone who will not hurt her — Harry knew that she was categorically unwilling to take a chance, to give anyone the chance to break her heart. Harry could not promise that he won't hurt her, because he knew they were times were he would unintentionally do it. He was just bad at relationships, and he didn't want Ginny to be on the list of bad relationships because Harry valued their friendship more than anything.


Distracted by all these thoughts, Harry was not surprise to stop in front of Ginny's bedroom. Harry could her her steady breathing; indicating that she was, no doubt, dead asleep. He smiled as he imagined the scene in her bedroom — Ginny, snuggling her face in her pillow with messy red hair, Arnold the pygmy puff asleep on her side. Harry closed his eyes to get a clear picture; resisting the urge to quietly open the door to see if the reality lived up to his imagination.


The smile was still etched in his face when he opened his eyes. Moments like these, make Harry wish to have the confidence and the chance to tell her. More than anything, he wished he had the chance to hold her.


Harry sighed. He chastised himself for being foolish. Foolish to stand outside her bedroom and hope things that couldn't be. There was absolutely no point of torturing himself; Ginny couldn't possibly like him back. She moved on — she grew out of her crush and moved onto other boys. Michael Cornor, Dean Thomas ... not that he had been keeping up with Ginny's love life.


Get up, get out, get away from these liars
'Cause they don't get your soul or your fire
Take my hand, knot your fingers through mine
And we'll walk from this dark room for the last time



Harry knew he shouldn't be complaining. How could he complain about something he didn't have when he had more than he had ever hope for? It wasn't exactly what he wanted, however they were still good friends.


Every minute from this minute now
We can do what we like anywhere
I want so much to open your eyes
'Cause I need you to look into mine



“Sweet dreams, Ginny,” he whispered to Ginny's bedroom door and ascended the stairs. He looked down and watch as the ground passes his feet.


No, it wasn't what Harry wanted, but he would take what she was willing to give him. Even though he kept reminding himself that he was being foolish, he couldn't help but hope one day he could find a stroke of luck to tell her and make Ron realize that nothing would make him happier. Maybe one day.


Tell me that you'll open your eyes
Tell me that you'll open your eyes
Tell me that you'll open your eyes
Tell me that you'll open your eyes

All this feels strange and untrue
And I won't waste a minute without you



A/N: Song - “Open Your Eyes” by Snow Patrol ; hope you guys enjoyed this very short one-shot. My first ever Harry/Ginny fan fiction. Reviews are most welcome.
Reviews 3
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear