Search:

SIYE Time:13:40 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Midnight Common Room Chat
By saz j

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:None
Genres: Angst, Drama, General
Warnings: Dark Fiction
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 4
Summary: The sequel to “The Tale of the Landing Wonderer”. Ginny has one of her nightmares again, but this time there isn't a Sirius to write to, Remus is out for the order, and she's at school. There is only one thing for it, go down to the common room and grab a cup of tea. But some one is already there. (A missing chapter from HBP, just before Harry discovers his feelings for Ginny)
Hitcount: Story Total: 4203



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
Well, I wrote another sequel... I hope you guys enjoy, I also recommend that you read the first one, “The Tale of the Landing wonderer”. Thank you to Joyce, for acting as a BETA. I thank her and the guys that read the first one and were kind enough to review. Please review this one.... I love reader output. I am currently also working on another one off...mostly comedy, so please read, enjoy and review. Sarah.




ChapterPrinter


It was cold, the air was fetid, the ground was damp, and the chamber was dim and huge. She lay there, her eyes wide open, he heart pounding, the young man gazed down at her, a smug look on his face.

“You are unclean, little Ginevra, you know this.”

Ginny tried to shake her head, but she couldn't. Her head instead began to nod, banging her head hard on the damp cold floor of the Chamber of Secrets. She felt a cut emerge on her skull; she could feel the blood slowly ooze out.

“You are still not rid of me; I am the only one who understands you, Ginevra!” His voice was calm, but full of harsh magic. Ginny could feel the tears pour from her eyes, she promised herself she wouldn't cry, again.

“Oh, the waterworks, you always have been an attention-seeker.”

Ginny tried to dry her eyes, but her hands would not move, instead they stuck to her sides, digging into her hipbone.

“They know, you know. They know that you come to me each night. You enjoy the pain, the dirt, and I know you Ginevra. You are tainted inside; you stink of death, angst and pain. There is no one to write to now, to tell your dirty tales to, I had him killed, remember, and all you did was watch. I have big plans for you, Ginny”

Ginny swallowed hard, her breath became rapid, the blood in her veins went into overdrive, as she tried to speak, nothing but a mumble would escape her lips.

“I know how to silence you.” Tom Riddle held his wand loosely in his hand, and an evil smile formed on his lips. He raised his wand and muttered the words she knew all too well - “CRUCIO!”

Once again, Ginny bolted up from her bed, the sweat making her clothes stick to her, her bed was also wet. She propped her self up, opening the window next to her, letting the night air take over.

Getting up she grabbed her nightgown, wand and her dream journal. Heading out of her dormitory, she bumped into Hermione, who gave a small squeal.

“Sorry Hermione!” whispered Ginny.

“Oh, Ginny it's you, what are you-” Hermione stopped mid-sentence and surveyed Ginny, and gave her a sad smile. “Had another nightmare?”

Ginny returned the sad smile and nodded, “Yeah, the first one since-”

“Since you had Sirius and Professor Lupin as correspondents?”

Ginny gave her a nod.

“What are you doing awake at this time any way?” asked Ginny, picking up a potion that Hermione had dropped when they bumped into each other.

Hermione sighed, “That time of the month I'm afraid, couldn't sleep, I'm just going to the toilet to take this potion.”

Ginny nodded, “Figures, well night, I'm going down into the common room to grab a cuppa.”

The older girl smiled, “Night Ginny.”

“Night.”

Walking down the girls’ staircase Ginny began to feel better already. She hated it when she was stuck in a cold and damp bed after one of her nightmares.

The common room was still, quiet and empty, she was used to seeing it like this, each time she had a nightmare at school she would come down here.

She walked over to the small table near the fire and tapped the kettle once with her wand. It instantly filled with steaming hot water. She heard movement as she poured herself a cup of steaming tea; she spun around, her wand pointing towards the newcomer.

“Ginny?”

She lowered her wand at the occupant of the large squashy couch, who had just begun to stir.

“Harry?”

Harry sat up, stretching and yawning; he too was in his night robes and gown. “It's a bit late isn't it?” he asked, indicating to her cup of tea.

Ginny raised her eyebrow, “Couldn't sleep, but then again, same could be said of you.”

Harry gave her a small smile, “Yeah, I guess. Been there long?”

She shook her head, “Just came down, and didn’t realise that you were asleep there.”

He looked at her for a moment then started to get up, “You've had another nightmare, haven't you?”

Ginny backed away, “So what if I have?”

He shrugged, “Just thought you might want to talk about it.”

She looked into his eyes and sighed, “Only if this conversation is a two-way one, why are you up? You had another nightmare?”

“Yes, yes, I have had another nightmare, usually I don't talk-”

“Well I don't usually either, believe it or not!” she snapped back.

“OK, sorry.” He held his hands up in mock defence.

She grabbed her tea and went to sit at one of the comfy chairs as Harry sat back on the couch,

“I don't bite, you know,” he said, as he patted the space next to him.

Ginny rolled her eyes as she went to sit next to him, “Right, what do you wanna know?”

“For first off, what's that?” he asked pointing to her dream journal.

“Oh, it's my dream journal, I always write what happens in each dream or nightmare, then copy it into three letters-” she slammed her hands onto her mouth.

“What? Nothing up with that. Do you mind me asking who you

usually write to?”

“It used to only be Bill, then after the night, um-”

“You mean when I 'ears dropped' in on yours and Sirius's conversation?”

She nodded, “Yeah, ever since then, I've been writing to Sirius and Remus, but I ca-can't now.” She gave a Harry a 'sorry I mentioned it' kind of look.

“It's OK, you know. I don't mind, why can't you write to Lupin?”

“Because he's off doing some thing for the order, and if I write to him, it would blow his cover.”

Harry nodded, “When was the last time you had a nightmare?”

Ginny turned away, “The night Sirius was killed.”

Harry swallowed hard, “I see. Since then?”

“Nothing much, to be honest.”

“What kind of stuff do you write to Bill then?”

Ginny opened her journal, as she began to write down what had happened, “Um, a few nights ago, it wasn't a nightmare just some thing strange, only-” She gave a small laugh. “I wrote him a letter using one of Fred and George's quills, that had ran out, I ended up telling him that I dreamt that a monkey had tried bumming the Snitch.”

Harry gave out a genuine laugh. “Bet he found that amusing.”

Ginny chuckled, “Yeah he wrote back to me saying either I've used a charmed quill or have really dirty dreams, wishing to see monkeys do in a Snitch.”

They both sat there in silence, both with stupid grins on their faces.

“I never thanked you by the way,” said Harry after a few minutes of silence.

“What for?” she enquired.

“For making me see sense last year, when I thought Voldemort was possessing me.”

Ginny gave him a small smile, “There's nothing to thank me for, Harry, I just helped out a friend-”

“Yeah? Some friend I am to you. I never really appreciated how helpful you were. You helped me out with that situation; you believed me about Voldemort being back; you encouraged people to come to the DA; you made sure you were a part of the rescue to get Sirius; and all I did was lead you all into a trap-”

“Harry, for once in your life shut up!” snapped Ginny.

He turned to her, confused, “What, I-”

“You didn't lead us into a trap, you were having nightmares that you were used to being true, plus, we all wanted to come, you didn't want us to come, remember?”

Harry smiled, “Thank you Gin.”

Ginny stared at him; he had given her a nickname, why now? “No, thank you Harry, for teaching us defence, giving me a chance to fight last year and for saving my dad and my brother.”

She knew that he knew she meant Ron, and she knew that he was grateful for what she had said.

“No problem Gin, returning the favour for a good friend of mine.”

She gave him a huge smile, as she started to head back up to the girls’ dormitory.

“Hey Ginny-”

She turned around,

“Quidditch tryouts are next Saturday night, make sure you're there.”

She smiled; he came up to her and gave her a small hug.

“Thanks Gin,” he whispered in her ear.

“No,” she said returning the hug, “thank you.”
Reviews 4
ChapterPrinter




../back
! Go To Top !

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding 2008 by melkior and Bear