Search:

SIYE Time:12:44 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Chocolates, Kisses, and Confessions
By somethingwicked

- Text Size +

Category: Post-Hogwarts
Characters:None
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 14
Summary: Harry and Ginny have been meeting every morning in the same cafe for a year. However, when Harry turns up with a box of muggle chocolates....things change dramatically.
Hitcount: Story Total: 6452



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
This is just a one-shot I thought up for my own amusement. It would be greatly appreciated if you could review please to tell me how you liked it!! Enjoy!




ChapterPrinter


Chocolates, Kisses, and Confessions

Ginny walked quickly down the crowded street and turned into a quaint Muggle café. Being almost Christmas time, the streets and stores alike were packed with people doing last-minute gift shopping. Ginny finally managed to bustle into the back of the crowded café to a place in the corner with two overstuffed purple armchairs and a coffee table in between. Seated on one of them was Harry, currently preoccupied with a Muggle magazine sporting a picture of a tall blonde, dressed in the shortest of short dresses.

“Didn’t think you were interested in what’s currently happening to Paris Hilton, Harry,” said Ginny, smirking.

Harry looked up at once at her words and smiled her favorite crooked smile that still made her heart flutter uncontrollably even after all these years. Harry threw the magazine aside and said, “Actually Ginny, I was just waiting for you to come seeing as you are, as usual, half an hour late,” he said, laughing. “Besides, you can’t deny, she is rather pretty.”

“Hey, you don’t have to get up every morning, shower, do your hair, and pick out an outfit to wear! You just throw on a pair of jeans and you’re fine. You guys have it so easy,” said Ginny. “And I don’t think she’s pretty.”

“Hah! You’re just jealous!” said Harry laughing

“What? You don’t think I’m prettier than her?” demanded Ginny, pretending to be insulted.

“Aww, Ginny, you know no one can compare to you,” said Harry winking.

“Flattery isn’t going to get you anywhere Mr. Potter,” said Ginny, “but, you’re absolutely correct, no one can compare to me.” She grinned then.

“Oh, conceited aren’t we? Anyway what do you want to drink?” asked Harry smiling.

Ginny rolled her eyes. “We’ve been meeting in this coffee shop every morning for the past year, and you still ask me what I want?” said Ginny exasperatedly. “I want the usual of course, a caramel frappachino with whip cream, and-”

“Of course! How could I forget?” said Harry, rolling his eyes. “And a toasted croissant, lightly buttered.”

As Harry left to get their orders, Ginny turned to stare out of the window which was piled high in snow drifts, staring at the people bustling around carrying heavy bags, which she presumed were full of gifts. She sighed loudly. “Does Harry really think I’m pretty?” she thought to herself. “If only he knew how much I love him, how much I need him.” She sighed again. “If only-

”What are you thinking about?” asked Harry.

Ginny turned around to see Harry carrying their drinks, pastries, and a box containing many brightly wrapped sweets.

“Oh, nothing, I’m just daydreaming,” replied Ginny. “If only he knew.” she said to herself. “What are those?” she asked, pointing to the box of sweets in Harry’s hand. She waited for him to sit down before he replied.

“These? These are my favorite type of Muggle chocolate, and they’re called Hershey’s kisses. They’re great, try some,” said Harry, pushing the box towards her.

“They’re called kisses, how ironic,” thought Ginny wryly. “Oh thanks.” She said as she popped one in her mouth. “Hmm, these are pretty good. By the way, thanks for the drinks and croissant,” she said.

“No problem. So, have you been down to see Ron’s new flat yet?” said Harry.

“Yah, I saw it. I love the area; it’s so nice and quiet. But I don’t think I would ever be able to live there. I much rather live in a noisy place like the city,” replied Ginny.

Harry nodded. “Yeah me neither. The quiet would make me go crazy. I had enough quiet on Privet drive. You could literally hear a pin drop on the street.” said Harry, shuddering. “Oh, and Ron told me he wants to ask Hermione to move in with him.”

“No! Seriously? Do you think Hermione would agree?” said Ginny apparently shocked with this news.

“I don’t know….I mean she obviously loves him, but she’s a bit old-fashioned, you know,” replied Harry.

“That’s true. Hmm, we’ll just have to see how this turns out.” said Ginny.

“Would you ever move in with someone if they asked you?” asked Harry, looking carefully at her face.

“Me? Well, if I really liked the guy, I think I would,” replied Ginny. “Actually, no I wouldn’t. I would only move in with him if I really loved him, and knew this relationship would lead somewhere.”

“Oh I see,” said Harry, trying to look indifferent. “Could you give me a kiss?” asked Harry.

Ginny halted. “Wh…what?” said Ginny, startled.

“I meant a chocolate kiss, a chocolate kiss!” said Harry, quickly.

Ginny decided to use this situation to her advantage. “Oh really, are you sure about that? You sure, you don’t want a real kiss?” said Ginny cheekily.

Harry flushed. “No! I mean not that I wouldn’t want to, you know, but no, I mean yes...” stuttered Harry, clearly bewildered.

“Oooh, Harry’s blushing,” gushed Ginny. “Does that mean you really want a real kiss?” she asked slyly.

Harry decided to flip this situation to Ginny. “Are you sure you don’t want the kiss?” said Harry, putting emphasis on each “you”.

Ginny flushed in response. She was a horrible liar, and anyone could read her face whenever she attempted to lie.

“Ooh, look who’s blushing now,” taunted Harry. “But I won’t hurt your feelings, I’ll give you a kiss if you want,” said Harry. But he took one look at her flushed face and decided this was the time to tell her.

“Ginny,” said Harry seriously. “I guess this is the right time to tell you, since were kind of on the uhh…topic,” said Harry nervously. “For a long time now, actually for a couple of months, I realized…” he stopped, clearly unable to continue.

“What Harry? What did you realize?” said Ginny breathlessly.

“I, umm…” he cleared his throat. “ I realized how great of a person you are, and I realized how much I … love you,” said Harry with a scarlet face.

Ginny gasped, her eyes watering. “Harry I-“

“I completely understand if you don’t feel the same way, I just thought you should know.” said Harry, cutting her off.

“I don’t believe it!” said Ginny. She suddenly jumped up, and literally tackled a surprised Harry. “Oh Harry, me too, me too!” she said tears streaming down her face.

“Harry’s face broke into a wide and rather relieved smile. “Now, how about giving me a real kiss, not a chocolate one?” he said cheekily.

And she did just that.
Reviews 14
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear