Search:

SIYE Time:2:50 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Summer Story
By Arnel

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP, Buried Gems
Characters:None
Genres: Action/Adventure, Fluff, General
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 392
Summary: Summer at the Dursleys’ is typical for Harry Potter who hopes his stay with his relatives will only last two weeks at most. In this sequel to You’re Still You and New Year, New Hope Harry learns that his role as “savior” of the Wizarding world is more complicated than he thought and that he needs his friends and mentors more than he ever imagined.
Hitcount: Story Total: 135429; Chapter Total: 3603





Author's Notes:
Here it is... the last chapter before the final show-down. I look forward to hearing what all of you have to say about it. Happy reading!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 31: Grief

Ginny was angry. Harry had lied to her. He had promised he would do his best to stay alive, that he wouldn’t do anything stupid like throwing himself in front of a Killing Curse meant for someone else... for her!

She loved Harry so much and now he was gone. Ron must have sensed her distress, because he held her tightly as they both stood crying next to Harry’s body. Eventually, the flow of tears subsided and she was able to focus on what was going on in the square. She didn’t like what she saw.

Just a few minutes ago, the Godric’s Hollow village square had been filled with Death Eaters, Hogwarts students, Order members, and villagers, all staring at the two bodies. And then the Death Eaters had closed ranks around their master. Now, it seemed, most of them were departing from the square, taking off their black robes and masks and trying to melt into the crowd, leaving only a very few to guard Voldemort.

As the Death Eaters edged further into the crowd, someone yelled, “Don’t let them get away!” and the village square erupted into chaos once more.

Ginny, Ron, Hermione and Neville reacted automatically, pulling their wands and standing guard over Harry’s body. They threw up shields in reaction to the spells directed their way as Ron said urgently, “We’re too exposed here. Harry’s too exposed. He can’t stay here forever.”

“I agree,” Neville said as he cast a Leg Locker Curse that sent a Death Eater sprawling. Kingsley Shacklebolt stepped forward out of the crowd, easily Disarmed the Death Eater and bound him hand and foot. He threw Neville a grim smile as he bewitched his victim and melted back into the crowd of duellers with him.

Hermione sounded worried as she said, “The Death Eaters know we’re guarding Harry’s body. They’re going to come after it. I just know it.”

“Calm down, Hermione. Nothing’s going to hurt Harry if I can help it,” Ginny growled and began scanning the square for a place to hide Harry’s body. She refused to believe that Harry was truly gone. Somehow she knew he was barely alive, holding tenuously to life by the thinnest of threads, but alive all the same; she had felt the momentary flicker as Voldemort’s spell hit him and both his body and his magic had responded to its intensity. However, she could still feel him responding faintly through their connection whenever she tried to contact him and that was proof enough for her. I can’t tell the others, though, she decided, and I have to act as if I believe Harry is dead. That was the most important part of the deception, she knew, for if anyone else thought there was a possibility that Harry wasn’t dead, things could get ugly very quickly.

So she wept softly, all the while trying to come up with a way to get further proof that Harry was alive. Then she remembered Harry’s pendant. There was something about it that might help her prove to herself that Harry was only unconscious. She wracked her brain, trying to remember what the old book had said about death, but came up with absolutely nothing as a spell nearly crumbled her shield.

Hermione grabbed Ginny’s sleeve and pointed towards a sheltered spot on the side of little church that was concealed behind some shrubbery. Ron saw where she was pointing and said, “Good work, Hermione.”

She smiled sadly as the boys lifted their friend between them and carried Harry’s body to the spot she had chosen.

“Someone’s sure to find him,” wailed Ginny as she fought her way into the small space. “I don’t want to leave him here.”

Hermione smiled mischievously, causing Ginny to raise an eyebrow at her. “Neither do I, but maybe this will help,” she said. And from the depths of her bum bag she brought out Harry’s Invisibility Cloak. “Harry thought this might come in handy.”

Ginny hugged her. “You think of everything,” she sniffed.

“At least he’ll be harder to find,” Neville commented.

Hermione shook out the cloak and started to throw it over Harry’s body. Ginny stopped her. “Hang on, Hermione. He needs his wand,” she said, bending down and curling Harry’s fingers around the handle of his wand, the one that had been forced into her hand when she had lost her own. She crossed his arms over his chest as she’d seen Egyptian pharaohs posed. “There. He looks like one of the mummies Bill showed us that summer,” she said, adjusting Harry’s glasses so that they sat straight on his face.

“What’s he need his wand for?” Ron asked as Ginny retrieved her wand from Harry’s pocket. “He’s dead.”

Ginny scowled at Ron. “Bill told us that the Egyptians always buried their dead with tools they could use in the afterlife, remember?” Ginny said, feeling somewhat annoyed. “Harry’s a wizard, his wand’s his tool. He’ll need it wherever he’s going.” Her voice broke on the last words and she fought to control her emotions. She needed to stay focused. There would be time for mourning Harry later if her suspicions proved incorrect.

Neville had been peering through the bushes periodically and he now urged, “Cover him quickly and let’s get out of here before we’re discovered.”

With a final good-bye, Hermione covered Harry’s body with the Cloak and tucked it in around him. When she stood up, tears were rolling down her cheeks again. Ron stepped forward and wrapped her in his arms. Ginny stood at Harry’s feet watching her brother and best friend comfort each other, holding in her grief and her hope and wondering why she couldn’t let it go.

Suddenly, Harry’s words came back to her. I want it back later when I’ll need it most. This was later! Maybe Harry was only temporarily knocked out...

Quickly checking to see that the others weren’t paying attention, Ginny crept over and uncovered Harry’s body just enough to find his empty left hand. As fast as she could without attracting the others’ attention, she removed Harry’s pendant from her pocket, wrapped the chain around his hand and closed his fingers over the phoenix; the necklace faded from view as she settled his hand back in place. She smiled; the invisibility spell on the necklace only worked on the living, just as Harry’s Invisibility Cloak did. There was still hope that Harry was alive... Looking over her shoulder, Ginny hastily rearranged the Cloak until it completely hid Harry–obtaining further proof that her boyfriend was still living–and then went to stand next to Neville who seemed to be doing his best to hold in his sorrow.

“I can’t believe he’s gone,” Neville sniffed. “Why would Harry do such a thing?”

Ginny put an arm around his waist. “Harry loved those who were important to him. He threw himself in front of that curse so that there was a chance of someone fulfilling the Prophecy if he couldn’t. He only took that bloody thing to heart because Voldemort forced him to,” she growled.

“Damned Prophecy,” echoed Neville as he put his arm around Ginny’s shoulders. “Voldemort should have chosen me...” he added under his breath so that only Ginny heard him.

“If it had been you, we’d be standing here just like we are for Harry,” she said, looking up at him.

“I know,” he said, returning her gaze. “Thanks for reminding me.”

The four friends finally exited their hiding place, only to be confronted with the sight of Professor Snape’s body, still lying near Voldemort. Although there were groups of fighters duelling in close proximity to the body, no one seemed to want to take responsibility for it. Ginny heard Ron groan audibly and understood immediately how he felt.

“What should we do with Snape?” Ron asked no one in particular. “No one’s bothering to move him.”

“We can’t leave him there,” Neville said. “Someone’s sure to step on him.”

“Wouldn’t be much different than what we’ve been doing to some of the other dead,” Hermione remarked, looking bothered. She moved closer to Ron.

Ginny raised an eyebrow but couldn’t get the other girl’s attention, so she began scanning the area next to the church. She found a spot she thought had potential and pointed it out to the others. The hiding place was just inside the wrought iron fence that surrounded the graveyard. Dense bushes, still thick with leaves, flanked the kissing gate. With their heavy layer of snow they provided an ideal hiding spot.

“That’ll do,” Ron sighed. “I’ll get him,” he said grimly. He strode over to the body and hoisted it onto his shoulder in a fireman’s lift, staggering under its weight. In no time the headmaster’s body was concealed from view and Ginny and the others turned their attention back to Voldemort who was now flanked by only seven of his followers. He seemed to be stirring.

The Death Eaters looked suddenly relieved. As one, they nodded and with the four friends watching, the masked man standing at Voldemort’s head grabbed him under the armpits and Disapparated. Two more followed immediately, leaving the rest to raise their wands and engage Hermione, Ron, Ginny and Neville in a fierce one-on-one duel.

*

It had started to snow some time ago. Ginny was once again by herself, duelling fiercely with a Death Eater whose hood had fallen off, revealing him to be a Slytherin in her year, when she felt a change and a questioning catch of breath come across her connection with Harry. She smiled to herself and sent one of her Bat Bogey Hexes at her opponent whose defences faltered and collapsed as the powerful spell found its mark. The boy dropped his wand and ran away, clawing at his face and trying to rid himself of the horrible bat wings. Ginny stooped to pick up his wand, pocketing it as she whirled to defend herself against another attacker.

“That wand isn’t yours,” Millicent Bulstrode said accusingly as she approached Ginny.

“No, it isn’t, but it’s proof that Garrett Jackson was fighting for Voldemort, so as soon as I can find an Auror, it’s going to him,” Ginny stated firmly. As she said this, she felt Harry sit up beneath the Invisibility Cloak and take stock of his situation. He seemed pleased to be holding his own wand and his phoenix pendant.

“We’ll see about that,” Millicent growled menacingly. She raised her wand and fired a hex, catching Ginny’s right shoulder with it. She laughed gleefully as Ginny cried out in pain and clapped a hand over the laceration. However, that was the last Millicent smiled, for Ginny was now angry enough to send a stream of hexes at her that was nearly impossible to block. The slower witch finally just threw up her hands in defeat and lumbered away without firing another spell at Ginny.

Who’d you just beat? The question coming through their link startled Ginny a little and she stopped trying to apply pressure to the cut on her shoulder.

Harry? Harry, I thought you were dead! Ginny cried as blood began running down her arm again. Why did you jump in front of that spell?

Later. Heal that cut as best you can and then find cover. I need you to tell me what’s going on in the square,
Harry directed her.

Ginny hid behind the Muggle post box near the solicitor’s office. It wasn’t a very good hiding place, but at least she was sheltered better than she would be in a doorway. Crouching down, she tore off her jumper and the ruined sleeve of her blouse to get a better look at her shoulder. The laceration didn’t look as bad as it felt, although it was still bleeding copiously. With a sigh, Ginny transferred her wand to her left hand and pointed it at her shoulder as she began talking to Harry again.

Voldemort was hurt after you took his spell, she told him.

Harry seemed surprised. He went down? What did he do? he interrupted.

He clutched at his chest and began screaming, Ginny answered. Then he fainted. He came to only a short time ago and then the Death Eaters took him away.

She felt Harry smile. Interesting... So he feels the deaths of his Horcruxes... He must know there are none left now... What’s happening now?

Ginny scanned the square as she tried a mildly successful healing spell on her shoulder. The Death Eaters tried to escape after Voldemort collapsed, she reported. Our side is now trying to find them. There are still a lot of duels going on, though.

And the DA?
Harry asked.

Disbursed, Ginny reported. Scattered all over the square, the graveyard and down the side streets... erm... Fred and George are around the corner of the church from you... Hermione and Luna are just coming back from the school... Neville and Ron are duelling separate Death Eaters by the bandstand... A couple of Hufflepuffs and some of the Order are still fighting in the cemetery... A chilling laugh suddenly caught Ginny’s attention and she gasped, Oh, no! Ron’s down!

She felt Harry’s acute distress and concern as he asked, Is he... do you think...?

No, he’s moving around a bit... Oh, Merlin, RON! The Cruciatus Curse!
Ginny cried as Ron’s screams rent the air. Harry, I need to help him!

Stay where you are!
Harry ordered as the Death Eater lifted the spell and watched Ron collapse. You’re hurt.

I can’t not help Ron,
Ginny protested. No one’s defending him, Harry! Neville’s too busy with his own Death Eater and the others haven’t noticed yet!

Harry didn’t say anything for a moment. He seemed to be thinking. Then, he said, I can see Fred and George now, Ginny. Contact them. They could help Ron. Do they have their DA coins?

Yes.

Good. Send them a message. They should be there shortly.

All right,
Ginny sighed. She dug in her pocket and took out the coin. The movement caused her barely healed shoulder to open up again. Ignoring the pain, she quickly sent a message to her brothers who Apparated to her side. She pointed to Ron and Fred sprinted across the square to where the Death Eater was torturing Ron again. George knelt next to her, his expression serious.

“Ginnykins,” he began, using his childhood nickname for her. “You won’t heal yourself very well like that. Let me do it. It’s time you started collecting on all the times you patched up Fred and me when we were kids.”

Despite her concern for Ron, Ginny chuckled wryly. “I can’t think of a better time than now, Georgie,” she admitted with a smirk, as George siphoned the blood from her arm and began closing the wound. Over his shoulder, Ginny watched Fred throw something onto Ron’s body. He disappeared as if by Portkey as Fred turned to engage the startled Death Eater. The next moment, the two were fiercely trading spells, the likes of which Ginny hadn’t seen before.

George hastily finished healing Ginny’s shoulder, dried her jumper for her and stood up to go help Fred. “I’ll be right back, Ginnykins,” he called over his shoulder as he left.

Ginny dressed quickly so she could join in, too, but by the time she was ready, her brothers had overpowered Ron’s assailant and were back at her side.

“That was fun,” Fred commented mordantly. Turning to Ginny he asked, “You doing all right?”

“All fixed up,” George cut in smugly.

“Will Ron be all right?” Ginny asked.

“He should be. That Portkey took him directly to the school,” Fred said quietly.

“Was he hurt badly?”

“Couldn’t tell,” Fred answered.

“Oh.” Then, she added, “Hermione needs to know.” Ginny stuck her head around the post box to look for her friend. What she saw made her groan. A group of five or six Death Eaters had Apparated into the square and were quickly advancing on the three Weasley’s hiding place.

Inside her head, Harry asked in alarm, What’s happening?

Ginny only had time to send back Ambush! before she focused on helping Fred and George duel the newcomers.

Protego! ” she yelled as two Death Eaters sent balls of purple light towards her and George.

“Uh oh,” Fred said, pointing. “Ron’s wand. He must have dropped it.”

Ginny followed his finger. Ron’s wand lay where he’d fallen.

“Be right back,” Fred said, and before Ginny and George could protest, he’d Apparated across the square and scooped up Ron’s discarded wand.

“Idiot,” George muttered, making Ginny scowl.

Fred came sprinting back, felling one Death Eater before he Disapparated to avoid being hit himself. He reappeared in back of Ginny and George and stuck his wand between their heads, firing his own spell, and causing angry red welts to appear on one of their opponent’s faces. The man yelled in pain and began clawing at his face. His companions shoved him aside and returned fire.

Even though the post box provided a modicum of protection, it also was a bit of a hindrance for someone as short as Ginny who had to lean around it or stand on tiptoe to fire spells over its top. Besides, the box was only wide enough to truly protect one person, so two of the three were always somewhat exposed.

“I can’t get a good shot in,” Ginny complained after several minutes of dodging the box. “I’m sick of being short.”

“You’ll be alright out in the open?” Fred asked as a Death Eater tried to slip round to his left. His jinx missed wide left, but still caused the Death Eater to retreat a few steps.

“Yes, I’ll be fine,” Ginny assured him grumpily, and without further thought, she dashed forward, taking both her brothers and the Death Eaters by surprise. As she sprinted through the space between two black robed figures she fired a Bat Bogie Hex and a Stunning Spell, effectively disabling the men.

“Way to go, Ginny!” George called as he and Fred followed her through the gap, their own wand tips leaking spells of different colours.

“Oh, no, you don’t, you little bint!” another Death Eater cried.

Ginny and George whirled in the direction of the voice and threw up shields as the Death Eater cast the Cruciatus Curse at them. The spell went wide to the right, and even though George and Ginny were unscathed, it hit Fred squarely in the back. He dropped to the pavement, screaming and writhing in pain.

“FRED!” George hollered. He dashed ahead of Ginny a few steps before he thought better of his actions and came back to stand next to his sister.

It seemed to Ginny that her brother’s screams were twice as incapacitating as any other hex or jinx she’d ever encountered. Her mind was completely blank and it appeared that George was suffering the same way. However, instead of standing frozen like Ginny was, he now launched himself at the Death Eater and hit him with a solid punch that lifted the man several feet into the air. The spell ended abruptly and while George continued to pound away, Ginny knelt next to Fred, frantically calling his name.

“Fred, Fred! Can you hear me?” she cried, her voice shaking with fear.

Fred groaned and tried to raise his head. “Help... George,” he gasped. “... fine.” And Ginny knew he was right.

“All right,” she said reluctantly. “Stay here and play dead.”

“Easy...” Fred managed to get out. “Go.”

With a small nod and a huge lump in her throat, Ginny stood and surveyed the scene before her. George and the Death Eater were still throwing punches at each other and for some reason the other Death Eaters were just standing about watching the fight.

Ginny aimed carefully and cast her first Stunning spell at the nearest black robe. He dropped with a heavy splash into a puddle of slushy snow. One down, four to go, Ginny thought, taking aim again. Her next spell was just as successful and she zeroed in on a third victim.

“Cast that spell and your brother’s dead,” a cold, cruel voice rasped in her ear.

Ginny froze. Which brother? she wondered absently. She had two in close proximity.

“Lower your wand and lay it on the ground.”

Slowly, Ginny did as she was told. When her wand lay in the snow in front of her, she chanced a glance behind her. The welt-faced Death Eater stood with his wand trained Fred, his eyes on her.

“That’s better,” the Death Eater snarled.

Gathering her courage, Ginny challenged, “Let my brother go!”

The Death Eater appeared to consider this. “And what will you let me do to you if I let him go?” he snarled.

Ginny trembled all over as she nearly whispered, “Kill me instead! I’m Harry Potter’s girlfriend and my boyfriend is dead! I can’t live without him!”

Ginny, what are you doing? Don’t do this! I need you! Harry cried desperately in her head.

Ginny ignored Harry’s plea, instead focussing on the Death Eater.

The welt-faced Death Eater smiled evilly and slowly swung his wand towards her. “Is that so?” he asked, looking quite pleased with himself. He leered at her with eyes that were nearly swollen shut. “Well, maybe I will and maybe I won’t. Gotta find out what you’re worth. Hey, Wilber!” he called to one of the other men in black robes. “This one says she’s Potter’s girlfriend. Do we take her or can I kill her?”

Panic sluiced through Ginny, but she stood her ground as Wilber answered, “Well, if she’s Potter’s real girlfriend, we’d better take her to the Dark Lord.”

Welt-face walked over to Ginny. He poked at her with his wand, making her wince. “What if she’s using Polyjuice?”

A motion to Ginny’s left caught her attention and she swung her eyes in that direction: George had bested his opponent and was now sneaking past the Death Eaters who held her to where Fred lay. She could see that he had a Portkey out and ready to activate, so she kept still, hoping fervently that she could fool the Death Eaters standing in front of her.

“She isn’t,” Wilber said, walking over as well. He glanced down at Fred. “Look who she’s got with her? This one and his twin own that joke shop in Diagon. Well, let’s see who’s joking now? We got three of them Weasley brats.”

Welt-face chuckled malevolently. He swung his wand like a pendulum between Fred and Ginny, muttering, “Which one? Which one?”

Avada Kedavra!”

The spell emitted from Wilber’s wand took the three Weasley’s by surprise. Fred didn’t even have time to react before the spell struck him in the chest and sending him sliding back a few feet.

“FRED!” Ginny shrieked. “NO! NOT FRED!”

George yelled, “Stupefy! ” hitting Wilber in the back as Ginny dove for her wand and Harry yelled in her head, BE CAREFUL!

The next few minutes were a blur to Ginny as she and George fought and eventually subdued the two Death Eaters. Then, through eyes nearly blinded with tears, she and George activated his Portkey and took Fred to the school where they laid him next to Colin Creevey.

“We have to tell Mum and Dad and the others,” George murmured woodenly as he and Ginny stood holding each other at Fred’s feet, both unwilling to leave their brother.

A large hand gently squeezing Ginny’s shoulder made her jump and look around for the owner. A sad-looking Dudley Dursley stood behind them, his clothes more rumpled and blood-splattered than when she’d seen him last.

“He’ll be fine right here,” Dudley assured them. “I’m keeping an eye on everyone we place here. I... I’m sorry.”

Tears coursed down Ginny’s cheeks as she turned and included him in her hug. “Thank you,” she managed to whisper before waves of grief overtook her and she crumpled against George. The two boys held her until her tears subsided and she felt them step back.

“We need to tell the others,” George said again. Ginny nodded and they turned to leave.

“I’m sorry,” Dudley said again, looking concerned.

Ginny squeezed his bicep as she passed him on her way out the door. “Thanks.”

A moment later, she had Apparated back to the graveyard gate where she spotted George talking to her parents. As she watched, her mum’s face crumpled and she sagged into Ginny’s dad who caught George up in a family hug. They stood huddled together as spells zipped past and people duelled all around them, while Ginny searched frantically for her other siblings. When at last she had rounded them all up and sent them to meet the others at the school, she rejoined the battle, though her heart really wasn’t in it.

Her only comfort was Harry’s voice in her head, the one thing she clung to because only she knew he was alive and truly aware of her grief.

*

Ginny? Ginny! Harry’s voice was sorrowful. Meet me at the vault in two minutes.

All right,
Ginny answered half-heartedly and she Disapparated, leaving a bewildered opponent behind.

When she arrived at the Potter vault, Harry let her in and held her close, rubbing soothing little circles on her back. They were both crying.

Eventually, Harry kissed the top of her head, causing her look up. “Was it awful?” he asked. “Did Fred suffer?”

Ginny shook her head, unable to speak. Finally, she managed, “He’d been Cruciated. It... it... was so sudden... there was no time.” And she began to cry again.

“Oh Ginny, I’m so sorry he’s gone,” Harry choked. It was a long time before they left the vault.

~

Several hours later, during a lull in the fighting in which the villagers began collecting the injured and the dead, Voldemort appeared in the Godric’s Hollow village square. He looked a bit piqued and was flanked on both sides by a multitude of Death Eaters. Ginny and Harry watched the procession from their hiding place in the bell tower of the church as the Dark Lord progressed across the square towards the bandstand.

“It looks as if he’s going to make an announcement,” Ginny murmured.

“Let’s get closer,” Harry suggested. He threw the Invisibility Cloak over his shoulders and stepped close to Ginny to cover her as well.

“Harry, we’re safe here,” Ginny protested.

“I know, but it’s hard to hear in here,” Harry argued. “Echoes.”

Ginny scowled, but ducked under the cloak. She didn’t like the fact that Harry wanted to Apparate into the midst of the sea of Death Eaters, but she didn’t say anything. She just gripped Harry’s arm.

“Hold on,” Harry whispered and a moment later he Apparated them into the bushes surrounding the bandstand, just as Voldemort pointed his wand at his throat. As he did so, the villagers and their reinforcements stopped their labours and began gathering in doorways and along fences. Every face looked frightened, exhausted and careworn.

“You have fought bravely and I commend you in your efforts to defend your homes and businesses,” Voldemort called, his high, cold voice sending tendrils of fear down Ginny’s spine. “But it is foolish to continue to do so. You have lost your battle and it is time for my loyal followers to take over this village.”

“We won’t let them!” some brave soul called from the graveyard.

“Harry Potter is DEAD!” Voldemort shouted. “I know you are hiding his body! If you do not surrender Harry Potter’s body in ten minutes time, I will direct my Death Eaters to search every building in this village for it. They will be given orders to kill anyone who refuses to let them enter. You have ten minutes!”

Harry’s voice echoed in Ginny’s head. The villagers don’t have my body, he said, sounding agitated. I can’t let them take a punishment meant for me, and I know they’ll still try to prevent the Death Eaters from searching for a body they don’t have.

Ginny put a hand on Harry’s arm. What are you going to do?

Harry drew a deep breath and she could feel him straighten his shoulders. It’s time, Ginny. It’s time to prove the Prophecy right or wrong.

Ginny turned to face him. She put her arms around his waist saying, I love you, Harry. I hope you know that. And no matter what happens, I will love you forever.

Harry kissed her forehead. I love you, too, Ginny. I’ll do my best to stay alive, he promised as the Death Eaters began fanning out in every direction to do their master’s bidding. I want us to be together forever. The ten minutes was nearly up.

I know you will, Harry, but time is slipping away... And before Harry could protest, she kissed his cheek and then crept from beneath the cloak to hide underneath the bandstand. A moment later, the bushes rustled a little as Harry Disapparated.

Ginny chewed her lower lip as Harry landed in front of the bandstand with a splash, catching everyone by surprise. Whipping off the Invisibility Cloak, he bellowed, “Tom Riddle, you will NOT send your Death Eaters to terrorize these villagers. They won't need to search for my body. I'm alive and I challenge you to a duel to the death.”

A malevolent smile formed on Voldemort’s snake-like face. He said nothing as he descended the steps while cries and exclamations of, “It’s HARRY! ” and “He’s alive!” rippled through the crowd which closed in to form a circle with Harry and Voldemort in its centre.

To the rest of the on-lookers Harry called, “This is my fight and my fight alone! Everyone stand back and give us room! I have a few scores to settle!”



A/N: Well, there it is... the large fight’s over and now it’s up to Harry in the next chapter to do the villain in! I hope I haven’t made too many of you angry with me for following canon and bumping-off Fred. I know Aggiebell was frustrated with me for doing that!

Speaking Aggiebell, I again thank her for the quick turn-around on yet another chapter. I keep feeding them to her nearly two at a time and she’s doing a marvellous job of correcting, commenting and suggesting with so little time in between chapters. Aggiebell, you’re the best!


Reviews 392
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
! Go To Top !

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding 2008 by melkior and Bear