Search:

SIYE Time:4:51 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Book of Memories
By faded memories

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP, Post-Hogwarts
Characters:Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Minerva McGonagall, Other, Ron Weasley
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, General, Romance
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 16
Summary: Harry Potter is an Auror. When he is away on business, Ginny reads to their children from an old book about her and Harry.
Hitcount: Story Total: 26540; Chapter Total: 3558





Author's Notes:
Well, here's the seccond chapter. I hope you all enjoy it!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Harry came back from his latest adventure on August 31st, just in time to see Lily and her younger brother, George, off to school.

We climbed into the Ministry car provided us and got to King’s Cross half an hour early. The driver agreed to wait for us while we ate at the nearest Muggle restaurant, which happened to be an ice cream shop.

George, who had never been through the barrier on Platform 9 ¾ because he had had dragon pox last year, was scared and refused to approach what seemed like a solid brick wall. Rolling my eyes, I said sternly, “You’ve been reading too many Muggle comics for your own good. The barrier isn’t solid. It just looks that way. Now, go on before the Muggle conductors notice you. If it helps, I’ll go in with you.”

George grabbed my hand firmly and ran straight at the barrier, emerging on the other side. I hugged him and said, “Off you go then. Have a good year at Hogwarts and remember to owl me occasionally. Oh, and give me an owl letting me know if you’re coming home for the holiday or not.”

George rolled his eyes and said, “Yes, Mum.”

Turning to Lily I said, “You know the drill. Stay safe, owl me, and don’t break the rules!”

Lily sighed and said, “You sound like Grandma Weasley.”

The train’s whistle cut off my reply. “Hurry up, Lily! Have a good year!”

Harry came up behind be and said, “You sound worried.”

“Well, I have this odd feeling that something is going to happen to her this year. Something bad.” I shivered.

Harry looked at me with shock. He, like I, knew that the females of the Weasley family were Seers. However, we both thought that I would not be a Seer because I was the first female Weasley in six generations. We had found out that I had minimal gifts, just enough to sense when things were taking a turn for the worse. It was very strange that I was able to sense that something bad was going to happen to a specific person.

I looked at Harry and shrugged.

When we got home, Harry told me about his latest mission. Information had turned up suggesting that there was still an heir to Slytherin somewhere, and Harry, my brother Ron, and a team of Aurors were working to find out if there really was an heir, and who he (or she) was. They were currently trying to find out if Lucius Malfoy was a child of Voldemort or not.

“Harry, how long will you be gone this time?” I asked nervously. “I don’t want you to get hurt.”

“I’ll be fine, Gin,” he said evading my question.

Over the next few days, I watched Harry very carefully. The night before he left, brought the children over to their Aunt Hermione to look after.

“Hello, Hermione. I’m sorry to bother you, but could you take the kids for a while? I’m going on a trip.” I emphasized the last two words and accompanied them with raised eyebrows to let her know I was following Harry.

Hermione gave an uneasy smile and said, “Sure, come on in. You guys can put your stuff in your rooms.” My kids were over at Ron and Hermione’s house so much that they had their own rooms at Number Twelve Grimauld Place, my husband’s wedding gift to Ron and Hermione. Ron and Hermione’s seven children also had their own rooms at our Manor.

Hermione waved her hands at the children, signalling them to go up the stairs. She drew me aside.

“Coffee, Gin? Tea?”

“I’ll have coffee,” I said. “Thanks for everything.”

“No problem. I just want to make sure you’re prepared for anything that may come along, and that you have your alternate modes of communication, emergency contacts…” I began to recite the list with Hermione, “… spare Invisibility Cloaks, a Secret Keeper for the Fidelius Charm protecting the information about my location, a copy of The Order of the Phoenix’s Curse Manual for Combat Situations, an updated will, letters for my loved ones in case I die, a spare wand… Yep, Hermione I’ve got it covered.” I sighed.

A crease appeared between Hermione’s eyebrows, and she bit her lip. “Why are you so tense, Ginny? This is so unlike you. Even when we were on the verge of a battle in my sixth year, you managed some humour, but now…” She sighed.

I looked around to see if any of my children were in the room. They weren’t, but I still put an impermeable charm on the room before telling Hermione about my premonitions. “And, this means that Lily might begin Seeing things,” I finished and sighed.

Hermione hat back in her chair and whistled appreciatively. “You’ve certainly got a lot on your mind.”

“Tell me about it. In addition, I am going to have to follow Harry without him knowing it because he has expressly forbidden me to come along, but I think I should use my heightened abilities while they are still here. I am just worried about George and Lily. I mean, they’re still kids, and the Heir of Slytherin could be around any corner.”

Hermione rolled her eyes in exasperation. “Gin. Lily is almost fifteen, and your husband fought Voldemort when he was just fourteen. In addition, someone will make sure George stays safe. Have you written to Minerva?”

“Yes, but…”

“Then she will have put extra security measures in place. Ginny, it is late. Go home, say goodbye to Harry, and give him a hug for me, okay? I will see you in a few months. Goodbye.”

“See you. Tell my brother I said hi. Oh, I forgot! Ron is going with Harry. Goodbye!”

I wrapped myself in my cloak, walked outside, and Apparated home. When I got back, I found Harry putting a few last-minute things in his trunk. When he saw me, asked me where the children were.

“I left them with Hermione so I could finally get some work done,” was my reply.

“OK,” Harry said. “I’ll be leaving around noon tomorrow. You’ll have a chance to say goodbye to me before I go.”

That morning, I was up well before Harry was, and I cooked a large breakfast for the both of us. When Harry came down, his eyes widened at the sight of the breakfast, and he said, “Whoa! We haven’t had a breakfast this size in ages.”

Smiling and kissing him on the cheek, I said, “Well, I thought you might want to stock up on food, seeing as you’re going on foot and using Muggle transportation for most of your journey.”

“Thanks, Gin, dear.”

Later, as we stood on the front stoop, Harry pulled me into his arms and planted a long kiss on me. While I was hugging him, I slipped a device into a secret pocket I had sewn into his robes a day earlier. The device would let me know where Harry was and bring me to within a kilometre of where he was. Hermione and I had been working on this device. It was originally designed for use in the Auror Department, (that’s my job- designing devices, along with Hermione, for the Auror Department) but Hermione let me take a few with me.

Pulling away from the kiss, I said, “Harry, I’ll miss you.” Choking back a sob, I continued. “I want you to stay safe and come back in one piece, you hear me? I love you. you should get going. Goodbye.”

Harry gave me one final kiss and set out on his journey.
Reviews 16
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear