Search:

SIYE Time:7:21 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Book of Memories
By faded memories

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP, Post-Hogwarts
Characters:Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Minerva McGonagall, Other, Ron Weasley
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, General, Romance
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 16
Summary: Harry Potter is an Auror. When he is away on business, Ginny reads to their children from an old book about her and Harry.
Hitcount: Story Total: 26467; Chapter Total: 2874





Author's Notes:
I wrote this in about half an hour, but I think it's okay. Let me know what you think.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


I quickly ran upstairs to Lily’s room, so I could wave to Harry out the window. I went there not only to say goodbye to my husband, but also to make sure Harry was gone before I pulled out my trunk. This trunk was a gift to me from my dear friend Alastor Moody. This trunk had seven compartments. The first compartment was the size of about five Muggle paperback romance novels, the second was bigger, and the compartments got bigger and bigger. The last compartment was big enough to hold a full-size man; in fact, Moody had been locked in there during my third year while an impostor took over his class.

I tapped the trunk with my wand, and muttered the Disillusionment Charm, and I did the same to my Firebolt, which was a wedding gift from all of my brothers. Then, I put my Invisibility Cloak on, and flew out of the house.

I touched down on a hill overlooking Ottery St. Catchpole. I pulled out my wand and thought the words that would activate the device I had put in Harry’s robes. The spell was a nonverbal version of the “Point Me” spell: my wand would turn in the direction of the device I had named along with the spell.

I breathed a sigh of relief when the wand swivelled, and pointed in the direction. I could now use the wand for any other spell; I just had to mutter the right words to temporarily deactivate the spell temporarily and then reactivate it later.

That night, I settled down about a kilometre away from Harry’s position, and pitched my tent. I put all the protection charms I could think of around my tent, and stepped in.

The tent was one of the two tents my father had been given for the Quidditch World Cup. I put my trunk at the foot of one of the beds, and went over into the kitchen to make supper. It was odd, not cooking for at least one other person, and I found myself beginning to miss the groans of my kids when I cooked something they did not like. I desperately needed to see my kids, so I brought out a photo of them all arguing at the table. I had taken this photo while under the Invisibility Cloak, and they still did not know about the photo. I took it out whenever I was away and needed some noise.

I ate my dinner slowly, and then cleaned up, put my photo away, and went to bed. I woke up just before dawn the next morning. I decided to pack up and get on my way. When I got to the place where I had seen Harry’s tent, I found him sitting there. Turning around, I decided to go back and wait for him to continue on. As I turned away, I stepped on a twig and froze. The crack made Harry jump up from where he had been sitting by the fire.

“Who is it?” he asked, pulling out his wand.

I pulled out my wand and wrapped the Cloak tighter around me. I stuck my wand through the little opening in the cloak, and muttered, “Expecto Patronum,” under my breath. A horse erupted from my wand, went up to Harry, and nuzzled him.

Harry looked around confusedly. “Ginny?” he whispered.

My Patronus nuzzled him even harder and said, “Yeah. What are you going to make of it?”

Harry glared in my general direction. “Ginny, I told you not to come with me.”

I pulled off the Invisibility Cloak and said, “Yeah. I heard you the first time. You forgot to say I could not follow you Mr. Potter. Am I allowed to kiss you, or am I to bad for you?” I pursed my lips in a mock pout.

“You’re too bad for me, Mrs. Potter, “Harry said, but, all the same, he pulled me into a warm embrace and pressed his lips to mine. “Ginny, I don’t want you travelling alone. How about you come with us? We could use your help with your gadgets. Half of my Aurors do not know a thing about the devices they are supposed to use. Do not worry. It’s a fairly big tent, and everyone has his or her own room. Well, of course you’d be sharing with me, but you know what I mean.” Harry kissed me again.

“Sure, Harry. I’ve got my stuff here.” I tapped my things with my wand and Disillusioned them.

When I stepped into the tent, my brother dropped the mug of Firewhiskey that he had been drinking from a second earlier. I walked over to him, pointed my wand at the shards of glass on the floor, and whispered “Reparo.” Then I turned my attention to the floor, and muttered, “Scourgify.” I then rounded on my brother. “Hello, Ron. Is the sight of a girl coming to help you so stunning that you had to drop a mug full of fine quality Firewhiskey on the floor?” Seeing my brother’s shocked expression, I continued. “Yes, I know my ales. I have five children, one of whom is fifteen, and a headache to boot.” I turned to address the table at large. “Hello. My name is Ginevra Molly Potter, but, as my dear brother knows all too well if you call me by my full first name or my middle name, you will have the Bat-Bogey Hex put on you.” I smiled and was greeted by a round of silence. “That was a joke. Just please call me Ginny. I am here to help you with the devices Ron’s wife and I designed.”

There was a round of murmuring, and one of the Aurors stood up. He was a tall, black man, and he sported a small gold hoop in his left ear. “Kingsley!” I cried, and hugged him. Kingsley was a good friend of mine, and a member of the original Order of the Phoenix to boot. “It’s so good to see you! I heard about you running for the Minister, and you have my vote.” Realising I had probably interrupted something he was about to say I smiled with chagrin. “Go on.”

“You and Hermione made these things?”

“Yep. I actually had put one on Harry before he left, so I could track him.”

“WHAT?” Kingsley thundered. “And he didn’t notice? Ginny, you and Hermione have genius. Let’s get going, people. We can’t wait around all day. Ginny, could you show us how to use this magical rope?”

I tied the rope the way it was supposed to be tied, and tapped it with my wand. “There,” I said to Kingsley and everyone else in the room. “Our brooms will keep in formation, led by Kingsley and Harry. If you tap the rope with your wand and say, ‘Diffindo,’ you will be free, and you can come back in by holding the broken ends of the rope together and saying, ‘Reparo.’ If everyone disconnects, we’ll have to land and do this again.”

“Let’s move, people!” yelled Kingsley, and we were off.
Reviews 16
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear