Search:

SIYE Time:23:13 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Book of Memories
By faded memories

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP, Post-Hogwarts
Characters:Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Minerva McGonagall, Other, Ron Weasley
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, General, Romance
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 16
Summary: Harry Potter is an Auror. When he is away on business, Ginny reads to their children from an old book about her and Harry.
Hitcount: Story Total: 26465; Chapter Total: 2699





Author's Notes:
Breathe. This is the fourth chapter I've written today. I really need a
break. LOL




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


A few days later, Hermione came into my room to find me looking at a picture of my family: Percy, Bill, Charlie, Fred, George, Ron, my parents, and, of course, myself.

“Are you okay?” she asked, placing a hand on my shoulder.

“Yeah, I'm fine. I just miss them all, even Percy.” I sighed. “They gave their lives to save Harry and me. I feel guilty. Fred would have married Angelina by now if he hadn’t been killed trying to save me.” A tear made its way down my cheek. “Mum really wanted to see Bill marry Fleur, but she got hexed by Bellatrix when the Death Eaters tried to take over Hogwarts. Bill died right before his son was born. Dad didn’t even live to hear Percy apologize for being a git. Percy died during his wedding. George had the opportunity to save himself, but he chose to give Harry time to kill Voldemort. At least he went fighting. George always said he would like to die fighting than because of some disease or because of old age. Charlie and Ron are the only ones still alive.” By now, I was sobbing openly.

Hermione hugged me. “At least you’ve made up with Ron.”

“Yeah. Did Ron tell you about our mission?”

“Yes, he did.” Hermione flicked her wand at the door of the room and placed an Imperturbable Charm on the room. “Do you need anything? I have loads of stuff in the potions lab in the basement, and I’ve set up this huge library in the blue sitting room!”

“It’s okay, Hermione. I just need to know that if Harry and I don’t make it, the kids have you and Ron to look after them.”

“Of course. What do you think we would do? Let them starve?”

I paled. “Ginny? Are you okay?”

“I’m sorry. It’s just, that’s what Remus said to Mum when she worried about what would happen to Ron and me if she died.”

Hermione just hugged me harder.

We had our Christmas a few days late, owing to the fact that Harry, Ron, and I needed time to settle in.

The kids woke up at around 5 AM, clamouring for presents. Hermione and I promised them that we would open presents after breakfast.

Opening presents was fun. I got a gift certificate to Flourish and Blott’s from my children and a De-Gnoming Potion from Ron and Hermione’s kids. Harry gave me a box of Hondeyduke’s Finest Chocolates, Ron gave me an album by the Weird Sisters, my favourite band, and Hermione gave me a mirror.

“It’s enchanted, like the on Sirius gave Harry. I have the other end. It’s so when one of you is on vacation you can visit with your family.”

“Thanks, Hermione.”

“You’re welcome.”

I was playing with the triplets and some of Ron and Hermione’s younger kids a few days later when Harry poked his head into the room and said, “Gin, dear? It's time to pack.”

“I've got to go,” I said to the kids as I disentangled the triplets from my lap. “Bye-bye.”

I followed Harry into our room and began packing. Harry smirked as I set stuff into my trunk. I raised my eyebrows at him and said, “Why are you laughing at me?”

“Nothing,” he said hastily. Seeing my expression, he said, “Alright, I was just thinking of the last time you packed that trunk. I seem to remember everything flying around. I'm just glad you're not doing that now, otherwise I would have serious head trauma, due to being hit in the head by flying debris.”

“Must your accounts of your thoughts be so long-winded?” I asked playfully, before swatting him with a towel in equal playfulness.

“Yes. Are you packed? We have to get going in a few hours.”

“I just finished packing.” I looked over at Harry’s trunk. “Oh, Harry! You should have told me you have too much stuff. Here, put the excess stuff in the third compartment of the trunk. Its Moody’s magical one.”

“Thanks, Gin.” He kissed me swiftly on the cheek. “Let’s get going.”

I pointed my wand at my trunk and muttered, “Locomotor Trunk!” the trunk followed me faithfully down the stairs. Mad-Eye had put a charm on the trunk so that, if you levitated it, you didn’t have to keep your wand up, the trunk would follow you until you said, “finite incantatem!” at which point it would lower itself almost gracefully onto the ground. I reminded myself to send a thank you note to him when this business was all over.

When I had first joined the group of Aurors, I had been surprised to see that Mad-Eye’s face was conspicuously absent from said group of Aurors. It wasn’t until I pestered Harry that I found out that Mad-eye was retiring soon, and he wanted it to be a surprise for me because this meant he got to spend more time being a godfather to the triplets.

Hermione and the kids gathered on the front porch to wave us off. Hermione was having a hard time of quieting my kids. Lily was the only one who wasn’t sobbing. Just before we Disapparated, I heard her whisper, “Stay safe, Mum. I love you.”

An unwanted tear coursed down my cheek. Even though I was in the middle of Apparating and I knew she couldn’t hear me, I said, “I will, Lily, dearest. I love you, too.”

We landed, not at the site we were supposed to meet, but at the Burrow.

I looked at Harry in mock disgust, and said, “I told you that I should have done it. Well, let’s get on our way.” I waved at my father and yelled, “Say hi to Mum! Sorry we can’t stay, but we’re off to save-” My voice was cut off as Harry Apparated to the meeting site.

“Let’s get our stuff in the tent,” I said, and walked over to the tent.

“Gin-” Before Ron could warn me, I was covered in stinksap.

“EUGH! Nice way to greet a friend, Kingsley,” I shouted genially. I was pretty sure this was his idea. Kingsley was quite the practical joker.

“Sorry, Ginny. That was meant for Harry. Let’s get you inside.” I smiled and entered the tent.
Reviews 16
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear