Search:

SIYE Time:12:52 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Book of Memories
By faded memories

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP, Post-Hogwarts
Characters:Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Minerva McGonagall, Other, Ron Weasley
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, General, Romance
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 16
Summary: Harry Potter is an Auror. When he is away on business, Ginny reads to their children from an old book about her and Harry.
Hitcount: Story Total: 26468; Chapter Total: 2699





Author's Notes:
I really need reviews to know what people think about my style. I'm new.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Before we entered the castle, we all pulled out our Invisibility Cloaks and put them on. Then, we opened the castle doors. It was not an easy feat; taking ten people just to crack it open a foot. Then, it took the rest of the party to open it further. We didn’t want to risk anybody seeing the flash of light that the spell to open the door would produce.

I was the first of our group to step into the castle. I took a deep breath, trying to catch the familiar scents of ink, quills, and parchment. It was all there, and I felt a wave of nostalgia just being there. Quietly, I walked over to the Great Hall. It was lunchtime, so everyone was there. I saw Lily and George eating in their own groups of friends, and breathed a sigh of relief.

As I turned away from the Hall, I heard a scream. Resisting the urge to throw off my cloak and help whoever was hurt, I just stood there, unmoving. The other Aurors had heard the commotion as well, and they moved so they were standing by the wall, out of the way of anyone walking past. A minute later, Minerva McGonagall and Madam Pomfrey walked out of the Hall, leaving a stunned silence in their wake. I looked to see who was on the stretcher they were carrying, and I caught sight of red hair and freckles before they moved out of sight. I ran to catch up with them, and Minerva turned around. “Who’s there?” she asked.

I pulled off my Cloak. “Minerva. What. Is. Wrong. With. My. Daughter.”

“I don't know,” barked Minerva. “She screamed and fell. This has happened a few times this year, usually before an attack. It has been enough to put her under suspicion, the poor girl.”

“Minerva, I need you to wake her up.”

Madame Pomfrey sniffed. “The poor girl has just-“

I cut her off. “Lily might be a Seer. I need to know what has happened.”

Lily stirred. “Mom? What are you doing here?”

“Never mind that, Lily. What did you see?”

“Snake… a big one. Two snakes… were attacking. This time… they will try… to kill.”

I swore. “Minerva. She shouldn’t go into the hospital wing. It’s not safe. She should just go about her business as usual.” I turned to my daughter. “Lily, you are not to talk about your vision, or the fact that I'm here. You just had a bad headache.”

“Yes, Mum.”

I walked over to our group of Aurors. “Follow me.” I walked over to the Room of Requirement and paced back and forth in front of the seemingly blank stretch of wall, thinking, We need a place to stay, somewhere safe, where no one will find us. A door opened in the wall, and I ushered everyone in. the Room had changed itself into a two story flat. Downstairs, there was a kitchen, a living room, and three bathrooms. Upstairs, we found bedrooms and a small library. I put my trunk in the master bedroom and flopped down on the bed. Harry came in and sat down beside me. “Who was on that stretcher? Is it someone we know?”

“Lily’s been having visions all year, usually right before someone gets attacked. It was her on the stretcher, but she’s fine. They just want to check up on her, and then she will go back to her normal work. I know she's not possessed.”

“Ginny, what did she say about the vision?”

I told Harry what she said, word for word. He got up and said, “We’d better go down right now.”

“Harry, shouldn’t we wait until we know where the culprit is? Otherwise, this could happen a third time.”

“Fine.”

The next day, as we were making our way down to the kitchens, a group of terrified students who were huddled in the corridor by Moaning Myrtle’s bathroom obstructed us. One girl was crying as her friend comforted her. With a pang, I realized the hysterical girl was Rose, Hermione’s daughter and Lily’s best friend. I didn't see Lily anywhere in the crowd. A gasp behind me made me focus on the words “Lily Potter’s mangled body will lie in the Chamber of Secrets forever.” The message was written in blood.

I tore off my cloak and rushed over to Rose. “Rose, dear, it’s me, Aunt Ginny. I need you to tell me where Lily is.” I was answered with sobs, so I turned to Daisy, Luna’s daughter and Lily’s other best friend.

“Daisy…”

“Lily’s gone. The last I saw her, she was sobbing her eyes out in the bathroom. I left to go get her makeup for her, and then she wasn’t there, and this… message was up on the wall.” I pulled Rose and Daisy into a hug.

“Prefects, round up your House and take your House to the Great Hall. Barricade the door, and if you see a snake, do not look it in the eyes. I want two Prefects per House, and the rest of you, go to Minerva McGonagall and tell her what has happened. I want to talk to Rose and Daisy, so will five Prefects stay with us.” I turned toward Rose and Daisy as the others followed my orders. “Why was Lily crying? Was she hurt?”

“No,” Daisy said shakily. “Tom Malfoy turned her down in front of everyone when she asked him out for a date in Hogsmeade. She was really upset and stormed off. Rose and I followed her and when she stopped crying, we went to find her makeup so she wouldn’t look so upset. Then, when we got back, this,” she gestured to the hateful writing, “was on the wall, and Lily was gone.”

“Is this right, Rosie?” Rose nodded. “I want you guys to go to the Great Hall and stay there, alright?” the girls nodded and clung to each other as they walked away.

As soon as they had rounded the corner, Harry flung off his cloak, and all the Aurors followed suit. “Let’s go!” Harry yelled, and we stepped into the bathroom.

Harry walked up to the sink with the picture of the snake etched into it. Harry hissed, and the sink flew aside, revealing a hole in the ground. Harry jumped down, eyes shut tight. “It’s safe,” he yelled, and I jumped into the hole, as well.
Reviews 16
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear