Search:

SIYE Time:2:28 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


When True Love Meets
By potters_girl

- Text Size +

Category: Post-Hogwarts
Characters:All
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 6
Summary: How did Harry propose to Ginny? One-shot.
Hitcount: Story Total: 5437



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
This is a one-shot about how Harry proposed to Ginny. I apologise in advance for any cheesiness :) Please read, review and enjoy!




ChapterPrinter


“Ginny!” Hermione shouted from the door step, “Oi, Ginny, there’s something here for you, come quick!”

Ginny was just stepping out of the shower when she thought she heard her flatmate’s dulcet voice calling her name. She wrapped a fluffy white towel around her before progressing out of the bathroom and down the hallway.

“Where’s the fire?” she asked, frustrated, although slightly interested at what had been left for her. They barely ever received post unless it was something dull like a bill, for the flat they rented was owned by muggles. Her family, of course, sent all their post via owls. However, due to the beaming smile on Hermione’s face she somehow doubted it was a bill this time.

She was right. Laid out on the top step was a single sunflower: her favourite type of flower.

“Oh,” she gasped as she hurried forward, still clutching her towel tightly around her, “How do you know it’s for me?”

“There was a note,” her friend replied practically jumping with excitement, “Go on, read it!”

She did, and it read…

Dearest Ginny,

Here is the first symbol of our love, so cheerful and bright just like you and always able to put a smile on my face even in the gloomiest of times. However, our love stretches deeper and further still, so please follow the trail of love I have laid down for you. First you must go to the place where we first met and find your next clue. I hope to see you soon.

All my love,

Harry xoxox

Ginny froze, her heart pumping, could this be…

“He’s going to propose!” Hermione cried, no longer able to contain her excitement, “Oh I knew it, he loves you so much Gin…”

“Hang on Hermione, we don’t know that, don’t go jumping to conclusions,” Ginny replied, but even as she said it she hoped that Hermione was right, she just didn’t want to get her hopes up.

“Well what are you waiting for? Go get changed, there isn’t a moment to loose!”

Ginny felt her brain click into gear. Hermione was right, what was she waiting for? This was what she had been dreaming of her whole life and now it might actually be coming true. She felt like fireworks were going off inside her, and in a dream like state she got dressed and rushed out of the door, still holding the flower and note in her hand. She didn’t even register what Hermione was saying to her as she closed the door behind her all ready to apparate, but then a thought struck her...Where was she apparating to?

The first time they had met…. Her initial thought was the Burrow, and she cringed as she remembered putting her elbow in the butter dish all those many years ago. However, then a small boy, with messy black hair, striking green eyes and glasses swam through her mind, so politely asking how to get onto platform nine and three-quarters. The first time she had met Harry hadn’t been the Burrow at all- it had been King's Cross station. Without further ado, she span on the spot thinking of the three D’s. The busy traffic noise changed to the whistling of trains and as she opened her eyes she found herself looking at a familiar bit of wall she knew was between platforms nine and ten.

Leaning against the wall was a small broomstick; the sort children played with that only hovered a few inches off the ground. Instantly Ginny knew what it meant: their first kiss had been during the celebrations of a Quidditch match. She happily replayed the scene in her mind...Harry running up to her and throwing his arms around her, true joy present on his face.

Wedged between the twigs was a second note. She opened it up, butterflies in her stomach.

Ginny,

Congratulations on finding the second symbol of our love. We share the love of this sport, and its thanks to this that that long overdue, first kiss finally happened. The next place you must go is that place we both love to call home. The clue is not in the house though, but it is in our special spot.

All my love,

Harry xoxox

Well that was definitely the Burrow, she thought, apparating there immediately. Yet, instead of proceeding into the house, she did as the note said and remained outside. Plus, she didn’t really want her mother knowing what was going on much, she’d be unbearably excited- worse than Hermione, and would be sure to want to join in.

The only special spot she could think of was the secluded area hidden by some trees that she and Harry had often liked to sit in during the summer when they first, officially got together. She walked over there, holding her breath as she anticipated what she would find.

Nailed to the tree was a photo of her and Harry, laughing together and shooting one other admiring glances every now and then. It had been taken at Bill and Fleur’s wedding for she recognised the golden dress she had been wearing. With a pang she realised it had been the last time they had seen each other for almost a year. She took the picture down from the tree, and turned it over for the note had been scrawled onto the back of it.

Ginny,

I hated having to leave you during the war, but you were what kept me going throughout it and every night I would think of you before I went to sleep. You were, and still are, my reason to live. Next you must go to the place I learnt that you were a fiery woman, and no longer a little girl. Here we fought side by side, and I knew I would always want you by my side forever more. The clue you seek is placed in the entrance we used.

All my love,

Harry. xoxox


This clue took Ginny a little longer to work out, the place they had first fought side by side…? Well there had been the chamber but that wasn’t really a battle, next there was the ministry. That was it! Of course, and the entrance they had used that night had been the telephone box. It must be in there. Excitement exploded in the pit of her stomach. Trying to focus, she apparated to the Ministry of Magic.

She laughed out loud when she found herself in the phone box, with a miniature statue of a Hungarian horntail perched on top of the receiver. A conversation they’d had around the lake suddenly floated back into her mind. They had joked around that Harry had a Hungarian Horntail tattoo- “Much more macho,” than a Hippogriff, she had told him. She found herself giggling at it again, despite her eagerness to read the next note which had been rolled up and clamped into the dragons jaw.

Ginny,

Well I said you were fiery! We are nearly there, so now I’ll give you your final destination. Come meet me at The Orange Tree, that lovely restaurant in London we often go to. I’ll be waiting so don’t be too long.

All my love,

Harry xoxox

Well if she’d been nervous before, it was nothing to what she was feeling now. She didn’t think she could even apparate for she was so nervous, scared, excited and overwhelmed all wrapped into one: she didn’t think she’d ever felt this alive before. Concentrating, she apparated to the restaurant. Her knees felt like jelly and she could hardly stand. As soon as she’d appeared a smiling waiter appeared before her.

“Miss Ginny Weasley?” he asked.

“Yes,” she just about managed to whisper.

“Please follow me.”

Her legs by this stage were so weak she thought she was going to collapse. Instead of going into the usual part of the restaurant they normal ate in, she was led into a smaller room off to the side that was candle lit, with a single rose on the table accompanied by a bottle of chilled champagne.

Then a husky voice said behind her, “And this is the final symbol of our love.”

She felt warm hands spin her around, as a handsome man, with dark messy hair stood before her. He stroked her cheek gently before placing a kiss on her lips.

“Ginny, will you do me the greatest honour in becoming my wife?”

“Yes,” she said through tears of happiness, “Yes Harry, I love you.”

And they kissed passionately for a long moment, both overcome with emotion and joy.



A/N: Hope you enjoyed this- please review!! Also, check out my other story- Harry Potter: The Normal Life

Reviews 6
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear