Search:

SIYE Time:5:40 on 18th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Love Talk
By somethingwicked

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:None
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 10
Summary: Harry and Ginny have a heart-to-heart conversation and realize things about each other they didn't know before.
Hitcount: Story Total: 5742



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
I hope you enjoy, and PLEASE review!




ChapterPrinter


Love Talk

Ginny snuggled into her pillows luxuriously and let out a sigh of contentment. She pulled the cover up to her chin and turned to look towards her window, which was piled high in snowdrifts, only to see that it was still snowing, hard. She let out a sigh and curled up like a cat under the warm blankets, grabbing the open book on her bedside cabinet. She was not one for romance novels, but it seemed like the perfect thing to read on a wintry night with a cup of hot cocoa. The weather outside was terrible. Had Mr. Weasley not transfigured something in every room into a toasty fireplace, it would have been simply impossible to stay in any of the rooms. Even then, Ginny, as every other person in the Burrow, was bundled warmly into her pajamas, two sweaters, and fluffy robe on top. Speaking of the robe, she wondered whose exactly it was. It was extremely fluffy, maroon in color, and had a Snitch embroidered on the breast pocket. Ginny shrugged. It must be Ron’s, everything Mum makes him is maroon, she thought to herself. Thoughts on the robe aside, she went back to her book and was at the climax of the book where the ridiculously gorgeous heroine was saved just in the nick of time by the ridiculously handsome hero from some evil villain, when a timid knock sounded at her door.

“Ronald Weasley! I told you if bother me one more time, I will Bat-Bogey Hex you into oblivion!” yelled Ginny, her eyes still glued on her book. She heard someone clear their throat and say, “Umm, Ginny, it’s me.”

“Crap! Its Harry!” thought Ginny to herself.

“Umm, Harry?” asked Ginny timidly, as if she didn’t already know who what it was.

“Yes, can I come in?” asked Harry’s muffled voice.

“Yeah, come in, I’m decent,” laughed Ginny, pulling a red afghan onto her shoulders.

Harry walked in and looked around her room. It was the first time he had ever been in here. His eyes roamed the small room, looking at the white dresser and closet, the full bookshelves, and the many posters that papered the wall, ranging from The Weird Sisters music band, to the Holyhead Harpies, the all-women Quidditch team. His eyes landed on the bed where Ginny was sitting in and he looked in her face and smiled. She smiled back uncertainly and placed her open book on the table beside her. Harry came and sat at the edge of her bed.

“Hey, Harry. What’s up?” she asked.

“Nothing much. Hermione and Ron are bickering again, and I just couldn’t take it anymore. If you’re busy, I could leave,” he said.

“Oh god, what are they arguing about now?” she asked, stressing on the word “now”.

Harry laughed. “I’m not exactly sure. They keep switching to different arguments. When I left they were arguing over how Ron never takes notes in class and takes them from Hermione.”

Ginny rolled her eyes. “I’m going to have to side with Hermione on that one.”

“You were going to side with Hermione regardless.”

“That’s true. Ron really needs to grow up. He acts like an immature baby!” she said, proving her point by banging her hand on the blankets.

“Do you think I act like an immature baby?” asked Harry, with an amused look.

“No, not really, you’re pretty responsible for your age. But most boys your age are so immature and stupid, I wonder how they can feed themselves.”

“But you don’t think Dean is an immature baby?” asked Harry, trying to look indifferent and failing miserably.

Ginny scoffed. “Dean? I dumped him ages ago. I hated how he always thought I couldn’t do anything on my own. Always helping me up the portrait hole, refusing to duel me properly during D.A meetings because he thought I would get hurt, ugh! Don’t remind me!” she said.

“You dumped him?” asked Harry, keeping his eyes carefully on the embroidered flowers on the rug.

“Yeah, is something wrong?” she asked.

“No, just asking.” he replied. “Quite the contrary, in fact,” he added under his breath. “I never liked Dean; anyway, he wasn’t good enough for you.”

“Really?” asked Ginny, a pretty blush reddening her cheeks. “So, who do you think is?” she asked, smoothing the covers around her.

Harry coughed and rubbed the back of his neck. “Err…well you know, him.”

“Really, him?” she asked, her mouth slightly upturned at the corners, as if hiding a grin.

“Yeah, him, he’s perfect,” stuttered Harry; fully aware that whatever it was he was saying was making absolutely no sense whatsoever. “Anyway, this weather is absolutely terrible, isn’t it?” asked Harry, a desperate attempt to change the topic.

“It’s horrible. We haven’t had a storm this bad in years. Look how much I’m wearing! Pajamas, two sweaters, Ron’s robe, and an afghan,” she replied.

“How come you aren’t wearing your robe?” asked Harry.

“I don’t know where it is,” she replied.

“I do. Someone put it in my room by accident,” he said, pulling out his wand and muttering “Accio robe!”

A white robe with flowers embroidered all over the sleeves and a rather stupid looking unicorn embroidered on the back came zooming through the door. Harry caught it and handed it to Ginny.

“Ugh. I was hoping I’d never have to see this again.”

“Did you put it in my room?” asked Harry.

“No, but I didn’t exactly go look for it either,” she replied, looking at the robe with evident dislike.

“What don’t you like it? I think it’s cute,” said Harry, smirking.

Ginny grimaced. “I’m not exactly four years old, if you haven’t noticed.”

Harry was about to reply and say that he in fact did notice she wasn’t four anymore, but changed his mind and laughed. “It is rather ugly. Reminds me of Umbridge’s office.”

Harry and Ginny simultaneously shuddered. “Where’s your robe?” asked Ginny.

“I wanted to ask you that. Mrs. Weasley said you did the laundry yesterday and might know where it is,” he replied.
.
“Yeah, I should know. How does it look?”

“Well, its maroon and has a Snitch on the breast pocket,” he said.

Ginny reddened. “Oh….erm, I think I know where your robe is.” She pulled the afghan off her shoulders and got up, revealing the maroon robe. “I’m so sorry. I thought it was Ron’s. I could wash it again if you like,” she said, still very red.

Harry swallowed hard, his throat was suddenly very dry. “No. Its ok, honestly. I don’t want it right now, anyway. You could keep wearing it,” he said, rubbing the back of his neck. “Looks better on you than me anyway,” he added to himself under his breath.

“Well, this is awkward,” said Ginny, laughing nervously.

“Harry James Potter! Come up here right this minute!” yelled Hermione from the top floor.

Harry groaned. “I think they want me to settle their argument. If I take Hermione’s side, Ron gets all mad and acts as if I betrayed him or something. If I take Ron’s side, Hermione says how I always take Ron’s side because he’s my best friend. I can’t take it anymore!”

Ginny laughed. “Take Hermione’s side, she’s right anyway. Ron will get over it.” She grinned. “When are those two ever going to realize they’re meant for each other?!”

Harry shook his head. “They’ll never get together until Ron says something. I think he’s afraid that Hermione won’t feel the same way he does. I don’t blame him, he must be scared,” said Harry.

“How can he be scared? He must be blind if he can’t tell how much Hermione likes him,” replied Ginny.

“Yeah, well most people can never tell just how much they love each other until someone speaks up. And most of the time they’re too scared to do that,” said Harry, looking at Ginny with such intense scrutiny that she blushed and looked away.

“Well, they should always give it a chance because they never know just how much that person might love them back,” said Ginny, with the odd feeling that this conversation wasn’t pertaining to Ron and Hermione any longer.

“Then I - they should definitely give it a try,” said Harry, staring straight into her brown eyes.

Ginny breathed deeply. “They definitely should,” she said, a bit dazedly.

“HARRY JAMES POTTER!” screamed Hermione again.

“Ugh. I got to go,” said Harry, never breaking his gaze away from Ginny.

“Ok. Come again later. We should talk more…it was nice,” she said. “Oh. And good luck!”

Harry grinned. “Thanks.”

Reviews 10
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear