Search:

SIYE Time:13:49 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Day That Changes Your Life Forever
By FredsGirl

- Text Size +

Category: Post-Hogwarts, Post-DH/AB
Characters:None
Genres: Fluff, General, Romance
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 18
Summary: It's the day Harry and Ginny have their first child and Harry can hardly believe it.
Hitcount: Story Total: 6859



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
This is my first ever fan fic. I have had this idea in my head for a while now and I just had to put it into words. Please read and review. Thanks!
I do not own any of the characters.




ChapterPrinter


The Day that Changes Your Life Forever


Harry was pacing back and forth in the hallway outside his and Ginny’s bedroom. Mrs. Weasley kicked him out as soon as she got there. He had objected at first, but Mrs. Weasley had given birth to seven children, she knew what she was doing. He hated the thought of Ginny in so much pain and he thought he should be by her side. He was thankful when his mother-in-law told him she would let him back in once Ginny was ready to push.

He couldn’t believe it had already been nine months. He could remember that day exactly. The day he found out he was going to be a father.

------------------------------------ ---------------------------------------- ------------------------------

He had woken up that morning as usual next to his beautiful wife, but on that day he noticed that she seemed to be glowing even more than usual. She was still fast asleep so he thought he would go down to the kitchen, make breakfast, and they would have breakfast in bed.

He had finished putting the bacon on the plates, and then the plates on the tray, and conjured a white rose, since those were her favorites, he carried the tray back to the bedroom. He placed it on the bed beside her and he knew she could smell the food because she breathed in deeply and as she exhaled she smiled. That smile, however, faded quickly as she opened her eyes. Her eyes went wide and her hand came to cover her mouth so quickly that Harry didn’t even see it move.

“Gin, are you okay? What’s wrong?”

She leapt out of bed and went straight for the bathroom. He knew he wasn’t the greatest cook in the world but he didn’t think he was bad enough that all she had to do was look at it and be sick. Then realizing that he had selfishly been sitting on the bed thinking about himself, he ran quickly to her side.

When she had finished practically emptying the contents of her stomach, Harry carried her back over to the bed and laid her down. When he saw her eyes widen again when she glanced at the tray of food, he immediately vanished it with a flick of his wand. He had never gotten out of the habit of carrying his wand with him at all times.

“Ginny what happened?”

“Oh, I’m sorry Harry I should have told you sooner, but I just wanted to be sure before I said anything.” Ginny said as she was staring at the spot where the tray of food was, perhaps wishing he could bring it back, since now she realized how hungry she was.

”What are you talking about?” Harry said with a very confused look on his face.

Looking back to Harry she said, “Well, for the past week or so I have been getting sick almost every morning, but then afterwards I would feel fine. Then I would be really hungry. I thought about it and realized that I was late, so I thought I might be pregnant. I had planned on going to St. Mungo’s yesterday, but we’ve been practicing like crazy for the World Cup that I didn’t get a chance and…Harry what’s wrong?”

At the word ‘pregnant’ Harry’s face went white and he thought it was his turn to run to the toilet. He must have been like that for a while because then Ginny took his shoulders and started to shake him back and forth.

“Harry snap out of it! Say something!” She commanded.

“I’m sorry, I thought I heard you say you were pregnant, but I’m pretty sure that wasn’t it. Right?” Harry asked.

“No Harry, I did say that I think I’m pregnant.”

“Oh.”

She let out a chuckle. “Look I know this wasn’t something we planned but it was bound to happen sooner or later. I mean as often as we go at it, the contraception potion was eventually going to stop working,” she said with a slight smirk on her face and Harry’s face turned a slight shade of pink but then quickly went back to white.

“But you’re not sure though right? I mean you only think you’re pregnant, so there could be a chance that you have some weird bug or something.”

“Oh it’s probably a bug alright. It has two eyes, a nose, a mouth, ten fingers and toes, and probably red hair.” As Ginny said this, her eyes lit up and she couldn’t help but smile.

Harry saw this and his face regained its color back. “You’re really excited aren’t you?”

“Yeah Harry I think I am. Well when the realization struck me at first, I was shocked and then scared but then I got really excited at the possibility of having a little Harry running around.”

“Little Harry? What makes you think it’s going to be a boy? What if instead we have a little Ginny running around? Oh, never mind. The thought of what sort of trouble she would get into is scary, especially if she’s anything like her mother,” Harry said with a sly smirk on his face. Ginny then attempted to swat him in the arm, but he was too quick and within seconds she was on lying on her back and he was on top of her holding her arms above her head.

“Harry James Potter! Let go of me this instant or I swear…”

”Swear what? You’ll hex me. You don’t have your wand Ginevra. I’ve got the...” but his words were cut off when she suddenly kissed him. He let go of her hands and she was able to turn him around so that he was on his back and she was on top of him.

“What? You’ve the got upper hand? Is that what you were going to say? Oh, what’s this? I believe it is I who has the wand and the upper hand now. Hmmm, what should I do to you, Mr. Potter?” Ginny said with a very mischievous grin on her face. “Oh don’t give me that look mister!” Harry had just used his puppy dog eyes on her and it was a look she could rarely resist. It was at that moment he started tickling her. Soon they were both laughing so hard they both just fell on to the bed laying next to each other gasping for breath.

After a few minutes Harry lay on his side and took Ginny’s face in his hand and turned it so she was facing him and looking him in the eye.

“You’re right. This is something we should be excited about and celebrating. I would be honored if you, Ginevra Molly Potter, would be the mother of my child.”

“And I would be honored if you, Harry James Potter, would be the father of my child.”

Then they shared a very tender, very long, kiss.

When they pulled apart, Harry asked, “So when do we find out for sure?”

“Well, I don’t have practice today and you don’t have to work. I think we should take a trip to St. Mungo’s this afternoon. What do you think of that husband?”

“Well, wife, I think that’s a great idea. But what shall we do until then?”

”Oh I have a few ideas, “ Ginny said with a very wide grin on her face.

------------------------------------ ---------------------------------------- -----------------------------

“Harry! It’s time! You can come in now!” Mrs. Weasley shouted, bringing him back to present day.

He held Ginny’s hand and told her he loved her as she pushed. She was cutting off his circulation from her grip, but he wasn’t about to tell her anything, judging by the way she was screaming, her pain was definitely worse.

Half an hour passed by, although it seemed like much longer than that, and now Harry and Ginny were the proud parents of James Potter. It was like out of a dream. Harry couldn’t believe that the tiny little bundle, with dark hair and brown eyes (just like his mother’s), in his arms was his son.

It was quite a feat, but Ginny was able to convince her mother that her and Harry could handle the night without her help, but she was welcome to come back first thing in the morning. After kissing her mother goodnight and watching her walk through the fireplace, Ginny walked back to the bedroom she shared with her husband.

She couldn’t have told anyone how long she was standing against the doorframe, it seemed like an eternity to her, but her eyes were drawn to her husband who was holding their newborn son in a rocking chair facing the window. She was in awe and she will never forget the look of pride she saw in her husband’s emerald green eyes.

“I want you to know, James, that you were named for a great man, your grandfather. Unfortunately, you won’t get to meet him, but I know he would love you almost as much as I do. You won’t get to meet your grandmother either, but I’m sure she would have felt the same. They died when I was a baby. You do have other grandparents and they already love you so much. Your grandmother didn’t even want to leave. You have many uncles and aunts and cousins. James Potter you are possibly the most loved boy ever. I am going to do my best to protect you, teach you, and most of all love you.” He kissed his son gently on the forehead.

“I really don’t think he understood a word you just said,” Ginny said softly as she was talking towards them.

“Maybe not now, but he will. I want him to know how much he is loved.”

“He’ll know. Trust me.”

“Gin, you should get some rest. I’ll stay up and watch him”

“What if he needs his nappy changed?” She grinned. “If I’m going to rest, I don’t want to be woken up for just anything.”

“Don’t worry, I think I can handle that,” he said not looking away from his son.

“Good. Then I’ll see you in the morning. I love you Harry Potter.”

”I love you Ginny Potter.” She kissed him goodnight first and then kissed her son on the forehead and started walking towards the bed.

“Hey Gin?”

“Yes Harry?” She stopped and turned to look at him.

Harry turned his head slowly, so he wouldn’t disturb the baby, and looked at his wife. ”Thank you for giving me the most beautiful son in the world.”

”You’re welcome,” she smiled. “Goodnight husband.”

”Goodnight wife,” Harry said as he watched his wife walk to the bed. He then looked down at the sleeping child in his arms, kissed the baby again and whispered, “Goodnight son. Wow, I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of saying that: son.”








Reviews 18
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear