Search:

SIYE Time:10:52 on 16th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Perfect Proposal
By Harry_Ginny_4_eva

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/AB
Characters:None
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 9
Summary: It's Harry and Ginny's 4th anniversary since they got together, and Harry has a special evening planned. So... why is he taking Ginny to Hogwarts?
Hitcount: Story Total: 5454



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
Hi, just a short one-shot on how Harry proposed to Ginny. If this is recieved well I may write a sequel. Please read and review.




ChapterPrinter


‘Are you almost ready?’ Harry Potter called up the staircase. ‘You’ve been up there for an hour and we were supposed to leave-’ he glanced at his watch- ‘fifteen minutes ago!’

‘I’ll be out in two minutes, I just have to find my shoes,’ came the voice of a young woman Harry recognised to be Ginny Weasley, his girlfriend of four years (it was their anniversary tonight).

Harry sighed and paced up and down the hallway nervously, pausing to check his appearance in the mirror. He looked quite formal in a suit he borrowed from Ron, (hoping that by dressing up he was throwing Ginny off the trail) and apart from his hair, which was always sticking up at the back, Harry also looked quite handsome. Nevertheless, he desperately tried to flatten his hair with two sweaty palms, somehow making it messier than before.

Turning away, Harry resumed his pacing, as well as intermittently checking his gold watch (a present from Mr. and Mrs. Weasley on his 17th birthday). He was looking forward to this evening, but couldn’t shake the nerves that had overwhelmed him, and as he felt the ring box in his pocket press against his thigh, another wave of nausea hit him. Taking a deep breath, Harry willed himself to calm down. He closed his eyes and absentmindedly ran his hand over his lightning-shaped scar. He had taken on Voldemort, he reminded himself, proposing should be nothing. And besides, Ginny wouldn’t say no!

Filled with renewed confidence, Harry was just about to call up to Ginny again, when he turned around and saw her at the top of the stairs. Ginny wore a long, golden dress with a shimmering wrap around her shoulders; similar to the one she wore at Bill and Fleur’s wedding, and her hair looked elegant in soft curls that trailed down her back and framed her delicate features perfectly. Her high heels clicked on the wooden staircase as she fastened a gold bracelet around her wrist, flashing Harry a smile as she went.

Harry grinned. No matter how long he’d been with her, he never got over her stunning looks. Before she even got to the bottom, Harry pulled her towards him and planted a kiss on her luscious lips. As Harry went to pry his tongue into her mouth, she placed her hands on his chest and pushed him back. ‘Oh no you don’t, Harry. Not until you tell me where we’re going!’

Harry smirked sneakily, and grabbed her purse from the hall table. ‘In that case,’ he said, ‘I guess I’ll have to take you there right now!’ She squeaked in excitement and grabbed his arm, ready to apparate, but Harry stopped her.

‘We’re not going until you put this on,’ he said, withdrawing a blindfold from his chest pocket. Ginny giggled and reluctantly allowed Harry to tie it over her face, before clutching his hand eagerly. ‘Now can we go?’

‘You can’t see a thing? How many fingers am I holding up?’ Harry demanded, suddenly nervous again.

‘Wouldn’t have the foggiest. Now come on, Harry, you wouldn’t want to be late, would you?’ She teased, tugging his arm.

Harry laughed shakily, and spun on the spot with a loud crack. A second later, they were gone.

******************************* ***************************************


‘Harry, where are we?’ Ginny asked, as the cool night air whipped across her face. She shivered and huddled into Harry. She didn’t know where he was taking her, but she suddenly became aware of the fact that a flimsy wrap was not good at keeping a person warm.

‘You’ll see soon,’ replied Harry’s cheeky, if not a little nervous, voice, as he gently led her along, her heels clicking unsteadily on the cobbled path. With her eyesight gone, Ginny’s other senses went into overdrive. Her ears prickled as she heard an owl hooting dolefully, and another swooping nearby. So it’s probably a magical location, she reasoned. She sniffed the air for clues, smelling nothing particularly distinctive, then in the distance heard voices laughing and glasses clinking. Diagon Alley, perhaps? She contemplated, thinking of the Leaky Cauldron.

After five minutes of walking, Harry finally slowed down, and bustled around with something, making Ginny’s anticipation even stronger. She stood patiently for a few minutes, when suddenly she was swept up in Harry’s strong arms, and placed on what she assumed was a soft, velvet chair. She groped around, finally deducing that they were on a hippogriff and carriage, yet still felt around with her hands. That is, until she gave Harry a particularly painful poke in the eye as he climbed the steps to join her.

Ginny stifled a giggle as Harry cried out in pain, before tentatively reaching out and pulling him down to sit beside her. Wrapping his arm around her waist, Harry made a sharp movement with the other, and suddenly they started moving. Ginny squealed in surprise, wondering where they were going now, and decided to take a surreptitious peek out the bottom of her blindfold.

‘Hey! No peeking!’ Harry laughed, and yanked the blindfold back into place, causing Ginny to pout and playfully swat his arm.

After five minutes they were still travelling, and Ginny leaned into Harry’s embrace, resting her head on her shoulder and breathing in the cool night air, as well as Harry’s new cologne. Harry gave her waist a little squeeze, using his free hand to brush a strand of her hair off her glossy lips.

Finally they jerked to a stop. ‘Are we here?’ Ginny asked eagerly. But the only answer she got was Harry placing his lips on hers, as she was swept up in a passionate kiss. Ginny moaned into his mouth, as her brain was wiped from thought and she sank into blissful oblivion. She didn’t even notice Harry pulling off her blindfold until he drew away.

Blinking her eyes rapidly to readjust, she glanced around. In front of her was quite a scene to behold. Beneath the full moon and a sky of twinkling stars, a big picnic blanket was stretched on the ground, surrounded by candles and flowers. Kreacher stood at the edge of the blanket, wearing a little tux-patterned tea-towel that made him look somewhat, in a distorted way, cute. On the blanket, a big bottle of oak-matured mead stood in a bucket of ice, surrounded by strawberries and cream, a big slab of Honeydukes chocolate and two platters with lids on them. Then in the background she saw a castle. It then hit her where they were.

‘Oh, Harry, it’s beautiful!’ She exclaimed, then, ‘but… why Hogwarts?’

‘Because,’ smiled Harry, ‘we were at Hogwarts when we had our first kiss.’ And with that, he leaned down and kissed her again, inhaling the flowery scent that always seemed to accompany her.

They broke apart to see Kreacher standing at the doorway, holding his hand out for Ginny. She politely took it and allowed herself to be guided out of the carriage, with Harry right behind her.

Sitting down on the blanket, a warm breeze drifted over them, and the stars shone brightly. Kreacher withdrew the mead, and poured two glasses, whilst Harry smothered a strawberry in whipped cream and fed it to Ginny. Both of them looked forward to a delicious meal.

******************************* ***************************************


Hours later, Harry and Ginny lay back on the picnic blanket–Ginny leaning on Harry’s chest, Harry playing with her hair–watching the stars in a comfortable silence… until Ginny shifted and felt the ring box against her thigh. ‘Is that your wand or are you just happy to see me,’ she whispered seductively in Harry’s ear. He chuckled nervously, which was not Ginny’s desired reaction, and she rolled off him, a slight look of disgruntlement on her face. Harry looked slightly panicked; he couldn’t have Ginny angry with him now! He sucked in the night air, knowing what he had to do.

‘Look,’ Harry said suddenly, pointing to the sky, ‘A shooting star!’ He turned to Ginny and whispered in her ear, ‘make a wish.’

Ginny squeezed her eyes shut, and her lips moved in a silent wish, a slight frown still creasing her eyebrows. When she opened them, she found more shooting stars, all over the sky. Her eyes widened and all but a hint of angriness faded, as she watched them fly through the air, finally forming four words. She turned to Harry to demand how he made the words “I love you, Ginny” appear in the sky, but her question hung in her throat when she saw the position he was in.

Harry, on bended knee, took Ginny’s hand and nervously gulped. ‘I love you, Ginny Weasley, and I’d rearrange the sky itself just to show you that,’ Harry stated, glancing up at the sky briefly, and internally thanking Hermione (who was an Unspeakable at the Department of Mysteries and had, with much persuasion and permission from the Minister, agreed to alter the sky for the night). Harry took a deep breath before uttering the all-important question–’Will you marry me?’ And with that, he withdrew the little box and opened it, showing Ginny the most beautiful diamond engagement ring she’d ever seen.

Although not tearful very often, Ginny felt her eyes water up. ‘Yes, Harry, I’d love to marry you!’ She exclaimed, slipping the ring on her finger before throwing herself at him and showering him with kisses. Kreacher croaked something about getting back to the castle, before disapparating with a crack, not that Harry or Ginny noticed…

A little tent sprung up in the distance, and Harry’s lust overtook him. He got up and slowly led Ginny inside, to fully celebrate their engagement…

************************* **************************************** *****

The next morning, Ginny woke, wondering why she felt so good. Then she remembered she was getting married to the man of her dreams.

Harry rolled over, and Ginny let herself be engulfed in a cuddle from her fiancé. "Good morning, future Mrs. Potter," Harry mumbled sleepily.

Ginny smiled blissfully. ‘Say it again,’ she whispered drowsily.

‘Mrs. Potter,’ Harry grinned and Ginny giggled, still getting used to the term.

Beaming, they lay cuddling there for another hour, relishing the thought of their new engagement. Thoughts and questions raced through their minds: When to tell the family, when to have the wedding, when to tell the press (for Witch Weekly had kept close tabs on their relationship since they got together, and Harry and Ginny both knew they would practically froth at the mouth when they heard this piece of juicy gossip)… it was never-ending.

Finally though, they got up, dressed, and enjoyed a quick breakfast by the lake before setting up their tent and disapparating hand in hand back home (Kreacher had packed up everything else).

Later that day, Ginny twirled through the house, putting flower filled vases throughout it while Harry was at work, no doubt doing some tedious filing job; after all, he was only a junior auror (he sometimes envied Ron, who finally managed to control his nerves, and went on to become keeper for the Chudley Cannons, and claimed that this was their year, though Harry had his doubts).

Pausing briefly, Ginny looked down at her beautiful ring again, resting on her slender hand. Hermione, not to mention her mother, would be so excited! She admired the sparkling diamond, then realised something unsettling.

The house was so quiet. She looked around in the deafening silence, a daffodil dropping from her loose grip, and came up with a resolution. She walked into the kitchen and flicked her wand at the blinds, causing them to open and let the sunlight filter through. Grabbing another vase, she stared out the window at one of their garden gnomes filling Harry’s shoe with dirt and chewed her lip pensively whilst trying to articulate her thoughts. Ultimately, she realised one thing.

The moment she and Harry married, she would make it her mission to fill their home with kids.

And, she thought, placing the finishing touches on her wild flower bouquet, I don’t think Harry will mind at all…


Reviews 9
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear