Search:

SIYE Time:6:58 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Remember
By Spidey

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:All
Genres: Songfic
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 3
Summary: Do you remember? Cause I remember
Hitcount: Story Total: 4291



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
the song is by my fave band "Black Lab" i highly recommend them. This is part II or the sequel to Mine Again...you can read this by itself but I'm making it a 3 part thing...the next one will be up soon then it shall be done. the next one is very VERY emotional...this is sort of a stepping stone...please R&R i always appreciate and your feedback and constructive criticism is greatly appreciated




ChapterPrinter


So here she was.

Everyday, it was like this, an endless void of boredom, interrupted by moments of loneliness, fear, hatred and rage.

Today she found herself lying on her bed, looking upside down out her bedroom window at a grey, gloomy sky.

She had confined herself to her space for a few days now, nothing else had happened and she felt like a phoenix trapped in small cage.

Of course, she thought, a phoenix could always flame away. She couldn’t.

It wasn’t safe to go anywhere; it was safe to do anything. Hell, it wasn’t even safe to breathe.

The days and hours slowly and painstakingly ticked away, it felt like hours since she had shared lunch with her mother, looking at the clock she realized only half an hour had passed. She groaned in frustration and threw her pillow towards her door.

“GINEVRA! Don’t throw things!” she looked up to see that she had hit her mother with her pillow.

“Sorry mum didn’t see you there”. She got up and picked up her pillow and took a load of clothes from the over flowing washing basket.

Molly looked at her daughter, her eyes softening.

“I know that it’s frustrating being here, being prisoners in our houses, but don’t throw things love.”

“Ok mum, let me help with the washing”.

After an hour, when all the housework had been done, she trudged back up to her room and resumed her place on her bed, she looked lazily over at her desk, all her homework and assignments had been, she’d even looked over the N.E.W.T material she had, and she had nothing to do. She turned on her stomach, looked out the window and thought of him.

*~*~*~*
It was wild in the street
Wild in the night
Blistering cold in the cold daylight
I could feel your hands
Pushing hard on me
And all the fights that I tried to fight fair
All the nights that you spent with me I swear
*~*~*~*

She wondered where he was and what he was doing. She became angry. How dare he leave her here; how dare he leave her behind. Did he think that she would just fall back into his arms when he arrived home?

She wondered why he had taken Hermione and Ron when he told her so many times that she meant more to him. Why leave?

She remembered when he told her that no matter what he wanted her by his side, she was his strength, and he left her behind.

He left her in the middle of the war; he had all but abandoned her, left her at Hogwarts to suffer under Voldemort’s regime.

She didn’t understand if he needed her so much why did he leave her all alone?

She remembered the first time he kissed her, in the common room, after their quidditch victory. It was more than she had ever dreamed of. The way that they fit together, and the way that nothing else existed when he held her was exquisite.

She remembered the times they spent together, just the two of them. Back at Hogwarts before the war reached fever pitch. The days they spent lounging around the common room, discovering every corner the ancient castle had hidden.

*~*~*~*
Do you remember?
'Cause I remember
Do you remember?
'Cause I remember what you said to me
Remember like it was just some dream
But I lost my faith
Did you lose yours too?
Would you bleed for me?
I would bleed for you
*~*~*~*

The thing that annoyed her the most was that no one listened to her, everyone smothered her, it was always about everyone else and their issues, it was always about Harry, and here she was waiting for him to come home, she was always the one waiting for him.

She remembered back to when Sirius died, she comforted Harry, she was always there for that un-deserving prick and he didn’t even give her a second chance. He just broke up with her because he was a stupid noble git. At the time she had understood why he broke up with her, but it still didn’t make it any easier. She was so angry at him for abandoning her when she needed him the most. No hugs, no kisses, nothing. Not even a god damn letter telling her that he was fine, no word. Nothing.


He made excuses all the time why he couldn’t see her, he had to do this, he couldn’t leave, and he couldn’t be home for Christmas.


All those times she had spent alone with him, when it was the two of them. All the nights when she slept next to him to shield him from his nightmares, and after all that, he had just discarded her. It wasn’t fair, she didn’t need it, she didn’t deserve it, and she had been nothing but a good friend and an attentive girlfriend.

She remembered the first time he told her he loved her. One of those bleak winter days, they had stayed behind for the weekend instead of going home. They sat there content with each other, he was stroking her hair and hey were drinking steaming mugs of hot chocolate, curled up near the roaring fire. The common room was completely deserted except for the two of them. Ginny was lazily flipping through Hermione’s vogue magazine and every so often she or Harry would comment on something of interest. She had finished reading and curled up in his arms. He kissed the top of her head and told her.

“I love you Ginny”.

*~*~*~*
And the blood gets thick
At the end of the night
You in my sheets like a sodium light
I could feel your skin coming off your soul
Reeling me in like there's nothing you don't know
*~*~*~*

It had been that simple, no words were needed and they just sat there, not saying anything, sharing kisses. That was all. It was so simple and so honest, nothing huge, just a beautiful memory that was theirs.

She sat on her bed, anger radiating off her. She would not allow him back in, she didn’t care, he had hurt her, there was no excuse. She understood why he left, but not why he had abandoned her. She didn’t like the person she had become when she was with him, she had lost part of herself, she had lost her independence, she had lost the things she prided herself on, and she had turned into one of those girls. She hadn’t cried since her second year, she disciplined herself not to. When he broke up with her she cried for a week. If something was wrong, there was no one she could talk to, she had put up her barriers, her walls. She had 20 foot walls; everyone else only had 10 foot ladders. Yet, she found herself seeking his comfort. She had let him in, her barriers had been broken, and she was left vulnerable. She wasn’t in control, she didn’t like it.

*~*~*~*
And I won't speak I won't write
I won't call you on the phone
Won't listen to my mind
If I hear you call me home
*~*~*~*

She felt her gut turn and she looked out the window, the mood had changed. It wasn’t as dark as it was before. It began getting warmer, and rays of sunshine came filtering through the blackness.

They were coming home.

She rose from her bed to find her mother. She met her mother halfway on the staircase. Molly’s eyes were bright with unshed tears, a smile plastered upon her face, a letter clutched tightly in her hand.

“They’re coming home.”

Ginny smiled weakly at her mother, turned on her heel and walked back to her bedroom.

*~*~*~*
Do you remember?
'Cause I remember
Do you remember?
'Cause I remember what you said to me
Remember like it was just some dream
But I lost my faith
Did you lose yours too?
Would you bleed for me?
I would bleed for you
*~*~*~*
Reviews 3
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear