Search:

SIYE Time:8:25 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


If Ever I Would Leave You
By Spidey

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/PM
Characters:All
Genres: Fluff, Romance, Songfic
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 12
Summary: How he ever left her, he never knew.
Hitcount: Story Total: 5096



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
This is dedicated to the wonderful Knightsbridge who suggested I write a story to this song. It took me a while, but I finally came up with the perfect story to suit a perfectly beautiful song. The song was sung by Richard Harris and is absolutely beautiful. I hope that you all enjoy this, please R&R. if you notice the repetition, its meant to be like that. Knightsbridge, this is for you.




ChapterPrinter


How he ever left her, he never knew.

Looking at her now, the wind and sunlight in her hair, he couldn’t leave her in summer.

The way the sunlight played upon her hair, casting gold streaks running through it. The way her freckles shone against her porcelain skin, her laughter echoing around the burrow as she ran around, being chased by her eldest brother Bill. Every so often, she would look behind her, laughing as Bill tried to catch up with her, her hair whipping around her face, temporarily blocking her vision. Harry stood, leaning against the doorframe looking out at the woman he loved and his future brother-in-law.

It was simple moments like these when he reflected on the war and wondered how he ever had the strength to leave her. The days in the war, he had been deprived of her for so long, that it may have been easier to leave her then, than it would be now.

He stood, smiling and sipping on juice as he watched Bill catch and tickle her. Ginny’s melodic laugh reaching him and his smile grew wider. Her face shone with happiness, her aura casting a youthful glow about her. They stopped their game, hands on their knees, catching their breath and giggling at random moments. Ginny looked up, caught his eye and smiled graciously, his whole body flushed with heat at the simple gesture. He returned her smile turned and walked inside as Ginny and Bill resumed their game of tag.

When the sun sat lazily on the horizon, he would find her, leaning against a tree and absorbed in a book, the light summer breeze gracefully playing with her hair. She looked so peaceful and serene. Harry would always just stand and watch her, sponging her image into his memory. Never had he laid eyes on something more beautiful in his life, the summer sunset seemed to pale next to her, nothing was as bright or as beautiful as she was. She must have sensed his eyes on her because she looked up. Her brown eyes meeting his emerald ones, they smiled at each other before Harry moved and sat down next to her. Ginny snuggled herself into him, her head resting just below his chin on his shoulder. It was her spot and she fit perfectly into his arms. Most nights they sat outside, enjoying the closeness of each other, watching the sun set and the stars emerge from the night sky.

*~*~*~*
If ever I would leave you, it wouldn't be in summer
Seeing you in summer, I never would go
Your hair streaked with sunlight, your lips red as flame
Your face with a luster that puts gold to shame
*~*~*~*

How he ever left her, he never knew.

Looking at her now, standing next to him in her white dress, he couldn’t leave her in autumn.

Leaves of red, orange and yellow fell around them in the orchard, their family and friends together to celebrate their marriage. Ginny had caught leaves in her hand as they gently floated down around them, casting a carpet of brown, red, gold, orange and yellow at their feet. Ginny’s hair was tied simply behind her head, her red hair falling in curls down to her waist, her silk dress hanging precariously on her every curve. Between the plunging neckline of her dress, with no back to it or the split that ran up her right leg, Harry was having a hard time keeping his hands in a respectable position on her body, his left hand resting at the base of her ivory back as she continued to stare up at the sky and catch the falling leaves. It was a comfortably warm day, even so, at the slightest shiver; Harry would pull her into him and bury his head in her luxurious hair, drinking in the scent of white nectarine and pink coral flower that followed her everywhere.

He looked down at the ground around him and bent down to pick up a leaf. He twirled it in his fingers. He studied it for a moment before Ginny plucked it out of his hand; he looked at her as she turned the leaf in her hand, studying the veins that ran through the once alive leaf, which was now frail with draining life force. He placed his hand upon Ginny’s and she let it flutter to the ground. Gently he pulled her face towards his and placed a kiss upon her red lips; she pulled back and smiled up at him. He cocked his head to the side and studied her beautiful face for a moment before a smile tugged at his own lips; he watched her blush and walk away to talk with Hermione.

His eyes never left her, the way her hair swung with her every move, the way her eyes sparkled with gold. She sensed his eyes upon her and turned around, her brown eyes met his emerald ones, and they smiled at each other before Harry moved to stand next to her. Ginny pressed herself into him, leaning against his chest, Harry’s arm wrapped around her waist. The celebration running late into the night, they danced as the moonlight illuminated the land around them and the stars emerged from the night sky.

*~*~*~*
And could I leave you running merrily through the snow
Or on a wintry evening when you catch the fire's glow
*~*~*~*

How he ever left her, he never knew.

Looking at her now, playing with their son on the floor, he couldn’t leave her in winter.

He watched as James cooed and crawled excitedly towards the Christmas tree that was overflowing with presents for their first born child. Ginny laughed as she picked James up and brought him back to her before he would giggle and make his way towards the tree again. The fire was dancing happily on the fire place giving the room and the scene before him a warm glowing feeling. The snow was falling gently outside; music was playing softly in the background. He stood leaning against the doorframe sipping on hot chocolate and watching his wife and son playing their little game. His dream had become a reality, he spent many moments watching his wife and son playing and interacting, he loved them more than he ever thought was humanly possible.

The image of the two of them was enough to give him that gooey warm fuzzy feeling inside. His heart overflowed with happiness as he watched Ginny pick up his almost sleeping son and rock him gently to sleep, her voice singing a lullaby that only her son could hear. She must have sensed his eyes on her because she looked up. Her brown eyes meeting his emerald ones, they smiled at each other before Harry moved and sat down next to her, gently stroking and leaving a soft kiss on his son’s head as his mother held him. Nothing was more warming than the scene he saw before him, nothing was more simple or profound than the moment he was in, Ginny rested her head on his shoulder as he took his son in his arms. He held his sleeping son, just watching his little chest rising and falling, studying his peaceful little face and his tiny hands.

Ginny got up and gently took James from Harry; she walked to the stairs to put James to bed. Harry cocked his head to the side and watched her leave; she turned around and looked at him. He winked at her as she smiled and made her way up to James’ bedroom.

*~*~*~*
If ever I would leave you, how could it be in springtime
Knowing how in spring I'm bewitched by you so
Oh, no, not in springtime, summer, winter, or fall
No never could I leave you at all
*~*~*~*

He sat on a step looking out at his wife and children in the pleasant spring heat. He watched as Ginny held Lily’s hands as she made her way towards her mum, her steps clumsy and awkward, James and Albus looking at their baby sister over their mothers shoulder. The boys, on Ginny’s instruction delicately took their baby sister hands and walked her, an arms length away form their mum. They let go of Lily’s hands and ran back to stand behind their mum and watch their little sister. Ginny was sitting on her knees beckoning her daughter forward, James and Albus cheering their little sister on. Lily took her first step, then another, then another before falling onto her bum in her mothers lap. Ginny and her boys all crowded around Lily engulfing her in a group hug and laughing along with their cooing little sister.

Lily was Harry’s prized little angel. She looked so like her mother, on with his emerald eyes, with a slight resemblance to his mother. His precious little daughter looked up into her daddy’s eyes. Soon Ginny, James and Albus looked up at him and they all waved. He waved back capturing the mental picture and storing it away in his mind. James and Albus turned to coo and play with their little sister, but Ginny’s brown eyes never left Harry’s emerald ones, they smiled at each other. Ginny cocked her head to the side and winked at him, he got up from where he was sitting and joined his family playing in the grass. He picked up Lily and fell on his back holding her up in the sky, watching her giggle, James and Albus fell to his side laughing and smiling. Ginny snuggled next to him, her head resting just below his chin on his shoulder, in her spot.

No, never could he, or would he ever leave her.

Somewhere above, a higher power smiled.

Reviews 12
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear