Search:

SIYE Time:7:32 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Escape into the Music
By Tamaran Girl

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP, Post-Hogwarts, Post-DH/AB
Characters:None
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluff, General, Romance
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 25
Summary: It was wrong, yes, to be dancing like this with Harry but by Merlin, it felt good. She hadn’t seen him in so long that it was nice to be with him…it was almost like they were sixteen again… – Ginny and her husband have a fight and she finds her way to a nightclub, meeting a boy she thought she lost forever…
Hitcount: Story Total: 7548



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
Hey so here's my next one-shot. Please, don't just think 'cause Ginny's "cheating" this will be a bad story - please read the ENTIRE thing before passing judgment (also READ THE A/N AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE!!!). And please review!




ChapterPrinter


Escape into the Music

Music blared loudly and bodies were pressed together as people moved. Ginny for her part was dancing, spinning wildly, losing herself in the music and amongst the people that pressed against her.

Take a break?

Ginny shook her head and kept dancing, letting herself forget for a moment about her fight with her husband. However, the second she thought about him, a frown formed on her lips and she stopped dancing. Everyone kept moving around her, jostling into her, but still she didn’t move.

How could he do that to her? She thought as her body began moving towards the loo. How could he fight with her today, especially after he had been gone on his trip for three months?

-----------

“ It’s our anniversary.”

Her husband froze, his eyes widening. “Oh, shit, Ginny — ”

But this was the last straw for the redhead. Angrily, she grabbed her jacket and left that apartment without a backward glance.

-----------

The redhead looked at herself in the mirror. She was wearing a tight, strapless black dress — one that had drawn many eyes. She loved dancing; during those three months of him gone, she would blast the wireless radio and just dance, if only to forget her husband who always went on long trips.

She thought wistfully of a time when wearing this dress would drive her husband crazy with desire. Now, she thought wryly, he would barely spare her glance — if even that.

Stop that. You’re here to forget; let him go.

Ginny straightened, smoothing her body-hugging dress and arranging her features to hide her sadness. Her gold dangling earrings caressed her neck and her scarlet, wavy hair fell over her shoulders. She was image of a girl looking for a good time, a girl ready to move on with her life. And, she promised herself as she left the loo, when she went home, she would gain the courage to leave her husband — she would find the strength to find her happiness.

Finally, she left the loo and was greeted with loud blaring music. All she could hear was the music and it made her deaf to both the outside world and her inner troubles.

Smiling at this happy revelation, Ginny made her way back to the dance floor. She noticed a cute brown-haired man raking his eyes over his figure, a look of appreciation on his face. If only he gave her that appreciation…he once did…but then he changed…

NO! Her brain screamed. Shut up and just dance!

So, Ginny threw herself into dancing, daringly giving the man a wink before losing herself in the crowd. She briefly wondered if he would search for her in the throng of people but found she didn’t care — the music was soaring in her veins and she closed her eyes.

-----------

T he last time they had danced together had been formal — stiff. It took all her willpower not to scream with frustration as he held her delicately, held her as though she would break. He was detached as he danced, glancing around the room at the Ministry officials swarming about.

Go ask them to dance, she wanted to snap. Go dance with them and get married with them if you want to stare at them all night long.

But, as always, she bit her tongue. This Ministry function wasn’t to enjoy the time together; it was for him to talk with the officials, be congratulated on another job well done, and to be told discreetly there was a “big one” coming up with his name on it.

All the while, with the champagne glasses clicking and the uniformity tapping of heels on the floor, she would stand by the side, smiling on the outside while on the inside, screaming it was unfair the world got to see her husband while she was forced to stay behind and let the wedge between them grow bigger and bigger…

The music was coming to an end and her husband twirled her dutifully. Dutifully. Not passionately, not lovingly. Just…dutifully. As though it was all being dictated and there was no emotion in it at all.

Everyone had a breaking point. She knew she was reaching hers and if he didn’t return to her soon, there would be no coming back.

-----------

Sudde nly, hands were on her hips and suddenly, she was dancing with a man. Green eyes shone down at her, intensity within those eyes.

“Hey,” she didn’t hear but saw him mouth. She didn’t answer; all she did was arched her eyebrow and began dancing with him, challenging him to dance with her.

He wasn’t a man to deny a challenge; she felt him move his body against herself and she felt passion erupt in her heart, heat engulfing her as every touch sent electricity up and down her body. She wanted — no, needed more — him and tonight, she would get it.

It was wrong, yes, to be dancing like this with Harry but by Merlin, it felt good. She hadn’t seen him in so long that it was nice to be with him…it was almost like they were sixteen again…

She shook these thoughts away and escaped within the music, ignoring the sadness that enveloped at lost dreams and the prison she had been trapped in.

The music pounded in her head, her hips swayed against him, and she let herself lose herself and allowed this one dance with the man she loved.

-----------

“ Maybe you don’t love me.”

Ginny stared at shock at her husband, his eyes staring down at her.

“Of course, I love you — but you’re always gone — how long do I have to wait until you’re mine forever?”

His eyebrow arched. “Are you — do you want a divorce, Ginny?” His eyes widened. “Is there another man?”

Sparkling green eyes and a boyish smile with messy black hair entered her mind but she forced that thought away as she stared into her husband’s solemn eyes.

“Of course not,” she replied tersely. “I’ve always loved you — it’s always been you, only you.”

-----------

There were no words exchanged; there didn’t have to be. They understood each other on a level no one had ever been able to. Even after all these years, the two recognized the other’s touch — could feel each other — and it felt like heaven.

Ginny unconsciously licked her lips; she recalled it once had tasted like heaven too. Not at all like those pecks she occasionally got from her husband.

It was just one dance, Ginny reasoned with herself as her body melted with his. It was just one dance — just let me pretend it’s him I’m married to and not that man.

Every touch made her feel beautiful; only he could make her feel this way. It was so familiar — they were so familiar — and she reveled in it. He was back — he had disappeared years ago but her Harry was back. Of course, it was just for tonight — tomorrow she would have to face reality but tonight…

Tonight she would lose herself in him.

-----------

“ I’m tired, Gin,” her husband said, his voice drained. He looked at her exhaustedly. “Maybe another night, hmm?” he said before turning over on his side and falling into a fast slumber.

But sleep wouldn’t come for his wife. Ginny lay in bed, as she did most nights, and wondered why she was married to him. He never had time for her; it was all about the work and there was no time for her in his little world he created. Most husbands would jump at the chance of shagging their wives, such as she was offering when she began kissing his neck, looking for those weak spots he loved her to kiss. But now…

She had no place in his world except to be there, playing the dutiful wife. And she hated herself as she smilingly took that post, let herself fade into the background and just let her life fly by.

It was two years since they had gotten married and slowly during that time, he had pulled further and further away until she barely knew him anymore.

Maybe she never did. Maybe she never would.

-----------

She knew it was wrong. But as she and Harry kissed passionately against the wall of her flat (she had insisted on keeping her flat before moving with her husband, proving to be a wise thought when she wanted to escape), she didn’t care anymore because it felt so good.

Ginny trailed kisses up and down his neck and he moaned. She felt herself smiling like she hadn’t in ages and kept kissing him roughly, pleadingly, desperately.

“You’re so beautiful,” he whispered as he kissed her.

She arched her neck to give him better access.

“I love you.”

She closed her eyes, inhaling the words, letting them fill and overcome her. She had yearned so long to hear those simple three words…They sealed her fate and she eagerly accepted it as clothes were discarded.

Maybe this was a fantasy, maybe not…

If it was only going to last one night, then it was sure as hell was going to memorable.

-----------

S he danced, tears pouring down her cheeks. She kept on moving; she couldn’t stop for fear of remembering her pain of him leaving again.

He was gone. He told her he had a trip — a mission — and off he was, to Merlin knows where. He barely gave her time to digest — he had just returned from a month-long trip — when he sprung the news of leaving again. It was two years since they had gotten married and slowly during that time, he had pulled further and further away until she barely knew him anymore.

Was he cheating? The treacherous thought entered her mind wildly but suddenly, as she danced, all her fears disappeared, if only temporarily. For once she stopped, she would have to face the worries, the anxiety, the fear once more without shield.

Because one last thought entered her mind — when was the last time he told her he loved her? — before she escaped.

-----------

It went too fast yet went so slowly. All she knew was that she loved Harry — she always did, always would — but the issue of her husband still remained. It was only for tonight she would allow herself to escape; after tonight, she had to face her husband and reality.

She would give herself this one night to be loved in return.

As they lay panting side by side, his arms holding her and his fingers caressing her shoulder, she closed her eyes, reeling in his touch. He placed a kiss on her shoulder and she sucked in a quiet breath, burning that kiss there forever. His fingers found the clasp of her necklace and played with it.

“I gave this to you.” It was the first words the two had exchanged since his declaration of love.

“Yeah,” she replied, hating that was all she could say. “Two years ago…”

“…Right before the marriage,” he finished for her, his voice miserable. “Everything went downhill from there, huh? I really screwed up.”

She squeezed her eyes shut; he wasn’t supposed to be reminding her of all the bad. He was supposed to be reminding her of all the good times they had spent together.

“I’m sorry,” Harry whispered, turning her to face him. He put his forehead to hers, sorrow within those eyes. He looked deeply into hers, trying to convey his meaning deeper. She knew he wasn’t just apologizing for leaving her; he was apologizing for changing.

“You damn well better be,” Ginny whispered back. “What happened to that boy I fell in love with when I was fifteen? You changed, Harry — you’re not the man I married.”

Harry sighed deeply, closing his eyes momentarily before reopening them.

“The job — I just — I guess I just lost myself in it,” he said helplessly.

“And we drifted apart as you became so focused on the job.”

“So far apart you left,” he completed. “You actually — you left.” Pain laced his words. “You don’t understand how scared I was, Gin, when I realized what I had done — what I had taken for granted.” His grip on her tightened. “Why did you go to the club, Ginny? Were you looking for a one-night stand?”

She paused before answering.

“I was looking for an escape,” she said slowly. “At the same time, I was looking for what I had lost two years ago. The boy I fell in love with and married.” She met his eyes. “I found him tonight,” she whispered, her eyes filling with tears.

“Will you give me another chance, Gin? Please?”

She eyed him before disentangling herself from his embrace. She turned her back to him, hiding her face from him. He was good at reading her emotions; she didn’t want break before she could speak the words that needed to be spoken.

“That depends.” She steeled herself for what was to come. “If the boy I love is going to stay. Because if the man he turned into is the one who returns, I don’t want any future with him.”

A tear made its way down her cheek but she resolutely went on.

“I need that boy who was so sweet, charming, and mine. He took me for walks around the lake and whispered he loved me every chance he got. Whenever I was sick, he called in sick and stayed with me in bed, doing everything I asked. When he…when he made love to me, he meant it and made me feel wonderful. He was always by my side and once swore to me beneath a silver moon he would never leave it.”

She finally turned to face Harry, the tears blurring her vision.

“Is that the person I’m going to give the second chance to?” she asked quietly. “His name was — is — Harry,” she whispered, moving closer to him. Brown met green and for a moment, the world held its breath. “Just Harry.”

Harry breathed, “I swear, it’ll be the same person now and forever,” before she moved forward eagerly to close the gap between the two. As she kissed him, she felt dizzy with happiness:

Her husband was back. Harry — not Harry Potter the protector, the Auror always on duty, but her Harry, the man she loved with her whole heart — was back.

And he would never leave her again.


A/N: Okay, a reviewer brought up this point and I just want to be clear on one thing: Ginny was NEVER looking for a one night stand - that's just what Harry believed (and was afraid of). Ginny went to the club because, as the title says, she was escaping into the music - she loves dancing and that's the only time she was truly free. It was an escape from reality, from her failing marriage. It was when she was the happiest - and when she saw Harry there, she saw the man she had married, not the man he had turned into. So yeah, I'm definitely against adultery and Ginny was definitely just looking to go dancing - she would've gone back to her flat by herself and then face reality.
Reviews 25
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear