Search:

SIYE Time:5:44 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Trying To Stop The Knight Bus
By Penny Flamel

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/AB, "Baby, It's Cold Outside" Challenge (2008-1)
Characters:None
Genres: Comedy, Fluff, Romance, Songfic
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 12
Summary: Ginny sneaks off to see Harry, but an unfortunate series of events leave her stranded at Grimmauld Place. Will Harry help her get back in time...? Or does our hero have other plans...?
Hitcount: Story Total: 6178



Disclaimer: As you may be able to tell from my writing, I am not J.K., I will never make any money from these stories, because no one in their right mind would actually pay good money to read them.



Author's Notes:
I really liked the Challenge, so I decided to write my first one-shot. ^_^ Enjoy, and tell me what you think, I always like to get feedback, good or...not-so-good (never bad) :-)
Many thanks to my unofficial beta MyGinevra for making sure I don't get to carried away with ellipses.

Read and enjoy! Any reviews, comments, suggestions, questions, let me know, and I'll be more than happy to respond! ^_^ Please leave a rating at the very least...? *tear* please...?




ChapterPrinter


Harry sat in the study at Grimmauld Place, reading (or trying to read...) one of his Auror manuals in front of the fire place. He flipped idly through the book, hoping to grasp something eventually. He stared longingly at the picture on his desk, it was Ginny on a broom, smiling and waving at the camera. He remembered the day he took that picture; it was the day Ginny got her Holyhead Harpies broom. He also remembered, quite vividly what they did later that evening...He sighed - Ginny was away in Wales training, so he might as well banish the thought.

He continued skimming the pages of the voluminous manual, stopping to look at strange diagrams and incantations, hoping one of them would come up in his exams. Then he noticed the poker emitting a pale bluish glow, and in a swirl of color, Ginny appeared, landing with the grace Harry had never been able to master.

"Gin-?" Before he could finish his sentence, she was in his arms, hers wrapped tightly around his neck.

"I've missed you so much," she whispered, "I had to come, even for just a little bit."

"It's like you were listening in on my thoughts." He brought his lips to hers and kissed her with unbridled passion and he couldn't believe he'd gone two months without her.

Ginny pulled away, a sad smile on her face, "I forgot to mention one little thing, Harry. I have to leave in a few minutes - I snuck out at dinner, and I have to get back or Gwenog will have my head...I don't think we should, you know...do that."

"So you just came to wave hello, and grab a sandwich?" Harry asked incredulously.

"No, I came to see you, I needed to see you...But I have to get the portkey ba-" Harry's kiss cut her off, and this time Ginny didn't pull away.

The kiss deepened, Harry's hands found their way to the fastenings on Ginny's Quidditch robes and he kept her distracted enough not to notice the portkey glow warningly, counting down in his head, "...four, three, two, one..." and with a small pop, it was gone. He couldn't keep her from hearing that.

"Harry!" Ginny almost fell out of the chair they were sitting in. "I missed it!” she ran her hands through her hair frantically, “How am I going to get back now?! Why didn't you warn-" She noticed Harry didn't look sorry at all, in fact he almost look pleased with himself.

"You saw it glow! You watched it leave and you didn't tell me!" Ginny looked right ready to pull her wand on Harry.

"Well, no way of going back now... How about staying the night?" Harry asked sheepishly.

"Not on your life, Potter. I have to get back tonight, or I'll be in big trouble with Gwenog, and Angelina and everybody else if they find out."

"Ginny, it's freezing outside, the snow is several feet deep, you can't Apparate from this far, the only Floo connection is to the coaches' quarters at the camp, and-"

"The Knight Bus!"

"You really don't want to stay here tonight, do you?"

Ginny's expression softened a little at the look on his face, "Harry, you have to understand, I just can't. I'm still new on the team; I don't want to get a bad reputation. It's already bad I enough I left, what will happen if I stay the night?"

"You'd have to wait in the freezing cold for the Knight Bus..."

"I'll use a Warming Charm."

"That won't keep you warm like I will..."

"Harry, you're making this really hard, I need to get back." She put a hand on his cheek. "I miss you lots too, Harry, but there's only about a month left of training, and I'll be back for as long as you want me."

"I want you now though."

"I want to stay too, Harry, but think of what the consequences will be...The entire team will absolutely loathe me, it'll somehow get leaked to the press that I left the camp, and you know they're going to twist it into something dirty sounding like, 'Weasley Abandons Training For Romp With Her Chosen One', my family's going to get wind of it eventually...It's just not a good idea."

She started to get up towards the door, but Harry stopped her,

"How about you change your clothes; wear something warmer and maybe have a bite? It's terrible out there, you don't want to go out in that," Harry suggested innocently.

"Um, Harry I'm not sure..." She glanced out the window at the blizzard howling outside - Harry had a point - it looked really bad.

"Your clothes are upstairs, I can get Kreacher to make us dinner," He moved closer to her, so close that Ginny could literally feel the warmth emanating from him."We could just sit by the fire, where it's nice and warm," he added with a sly smile. Maybe a little bit longer wouldn't hurt after all, Ginny thought.

"Okay then," she smiled, "Maybe a little while longer..."

"Excellent." Harry leaned in to kiss her again, but this time Ginny stopped him.

"But you have to promise to behave yourself. Think of what my mother would do to you if she saw that headline. I'm going to go get out of these robes now; I've been in them all day."

"Right. I'll be on my best behavior," Harry said with a look that clearly showed he intended quite the opposite

"Kreacher!"

"Master Harry called?" Kreacher croaked in his bull-frog voice.

"Dinner plans changed Kreacher, Ginny's here. Could you, uh, try to make it special, you know with flowers, candles or something? "

"Of course, anything for Master Harry and Miss Wheezy. Kreacher will get right to it now Master Harry."

"Thanks, Kreacher."

The house-elf bowed and disappeared with a crack. Now, to formulate a plan to keep Ginny here the rest of the night, Harry thought. Everything was out except for the Knight Bus, so how to stop her from leaving...? Like a lightning bolt (no green flashes, and mass-murderers this time), a brilliant idea struck Harry; he knew exactly how to keep her at Grimmauld Place!

He walked over to the bookshelf and began looking through a bunch of Muggle records until he found the one he was looking for. He smiled, mentally patting himself on the back for an ingenious plan. If he knew Ginny, she wasn't going to resist this. She’ll thank me later, he thought.

As he put the record on the old turntable, Ginny walked in, wearing grey sweat pants and a faded green Harpies t-shirt.

"What are you up to Harry?" she asked, a small smile on her face.

The record started playing.

"Dance with me." Harry offered her his hand

"Harry, come on, not now..." Ginny said, clearly amused at Harry's attempts.


I really can't stay (but, baby, it's cold outside).
I've got to go 'way (but, baby, it's cold outside).
This evening has been (Been hoping that you'd drop in)
So very nice (I'll hold your hands, they're just like ice).


"Please?" Harry asked, with what was supposed to be an innocent look on his face.

Why not, Ginny thought, it wasn't like they were doing anything else...

Harry put his hands on her waist, Ginny's slid around his neck.

My mother will start to worry (beautiful words you're humming)
And father will be pacing the floor (listen to the fireplace roar).
So really I'd better scurry (beautiful, please don't hurry)
Well, maybe just a half a drink more (put some records on while I pour).
The neighbors might think (but, baby, it's bad out there)
Their noses were just barely touching now.


"You know, I'm not supposed to be doing this. I should be at camp, thinking of doing this," she whispered.

Say, what's in this drink? (no cabs to be had out there).
I wish I knew how (your eyes are like starlight now)
To break the spell (I'll take your hat, your hair looks swell).
I ought to say no, no, no sir (mind if I move in closer?).


"Well isn't the real thing so much better?" Harry whispered back. Ginny thought she could get lost in his eyes, those amazing green orbs, she could fall in love with a thousand times...

At least I'm gonna say that I tried (what's the sense of hurtin' my pride?).
I really can't stay (Oh, baby, don't hold out).
Ah but it's cold outside (baby, it's cold outside).
I simply must go (but, baby, it's cold outside).
The answer is no (but, baby, it's cold outside).


"You know, I really ought to get going soon, Harry." She heard the words come out, but all she really wanted was to stay in his arms all night...

The welcome has been (how lucky that you dropped in)
So nice and warm (look out that window at that storm).
My sister will be suspicious (Gosh, your lips look delicious),
My brother will be there at the door (waves upon a tropical shore).
My maiden aunt's mind is vicious (gosh, your lips are delicious).


"It's absolutely freezing outside," He leaned in so their lips were almost touching, "Stay here with me, we'll keep each other warm..."

Ginny felt her knees go weak. "Harry...I'll be in a lot of trouble if I don't go soon..."

Well, maybe just a cigarette more (never such a blizzard before).
I got to get home (but, baby, you'd freeze out there).
Say, lend me a coat (it's up to your knees out there).
You've really been grand (I'm thrilled when you touch my hand).
Why don't you see (how can you do this thing to me?).


"Just one night, you can't go out in this," he whispered in her ear, sending shivers down her spine.

There's bound to be talk tomorrow (think of my lifelong sorrow),
At least there will be plenty implied (if you caught pneumonia and died).
I really can't stay (get over that hold-out).
Ah, but it's cold outside (ah, but it's cold outside)…


Ginny gave in, "I suppose, I'll think of something in the morning."

"I like that idea." Harry finally brought his lips to hers, kissing her softly.

"I think being the fiancée of the Savior of the Wizarding World comes with its perks..." Ginny murmured against his lips.

Where could you be going?
When the wind is blowing,
And it's cold outside?
Baby it's cold, cold outside.


Harry kissed her again, this time it was deeper, his hands began roam under her shirt, Ginny's were in his hair...

"Maybe we should take this upstairs Harry..."

"I agree..." At that he carried her upstairs, the dinner plans he gave Kreacher long forgotten...

******

Much later that evening, Ginny lay half-asleep, her head on Harry's chest, his arms around her. She thought of how much trouble she would be in tomorrow.

Almost as if he heard her thoughts, Harry whispered, "Don't worry about later. I don't think you'll get into too much trouble if you tell them you were snowed in...with your fiancé."

"There's nothing more dangerous than a boy with charm. Especially if that boy is Harry Potter..."

"Ah, so was it my irresistible charm that made you stay?"

"No, it was cold and you had a warm bed. Maybe the charm part, but mostly the warm, cosy bed."


A/N: So there it is, most of it written at the oddest times of the night under the influence of large amounts of caffeine. I know it isn't perfect, so tell me what was wrong, what you liked, what you thought. A rating and review would be very nice. ^_^

Reviews 12
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear