Search:

SIYE Time:6:21 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Cosmic Jam
By Ellery

- Text Size +

Category: First Week Challenge (2008-2)
Characters:None
Genres: Comedy, Fluff, Humor
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 23
Summary: (Couldn't think of a good title, so I borrowed this one from Bill Bailey)

The start of Ginny's first year. How could a glass of water change everything.

Loads of cuddles and fluffy stuff, sadly they're a bit young for kissing. Aww...
Hitcount: Story Total: 8076; Chapter Total: 2991





Author's Notes:
I'm working on the second chapter, but you wouldn't have got anything, if it wasn't for Spenser Hemmingway, Beta Extraordinaire.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Harry awoke on the morning of September the first, to the shouting, bumping, and crashing that could only be the large Weasley family, belatedly, getting ready for Hogwarts.


It was lovely and warm in bed; Harry thought it was the softest bed he had ever slept in. Indeed he thought it was the best night’s sleep he had ever had. He rolled out of bed, to be met by a shrill scream.


“I don’t look that bad in the morning do I?” he said groggily, looking up to find, not Ron, but Ginny staring wide-eyed from the same bed.


‘Oh bugger,’ Harry thought, blushing profusely. “S-Sorry, I must have gone back to the wrong bedroom last night, when I got a drink downstairs,” he stuttered out, noticing that Hermione was, thankfully, still asleep in the next bed over.


“That’s alright Harry,” Ginny said, blushing slightly and playing with a strand of her fiery, red hair.


Harry ran out of Ginny’s room and up the stairs, to the safety of Ron’s room, where he collapsed onto his own bed.


“Hey Harry. Where’ve you been?” Ron asked, sleepily.


“Oh…uh…nowhere Ron. We should probably get dressed; I think your mum’s making breakfast.


It wasn’t long before the Weasleys, Harry and Hermione were dragging their trunks to the car. Harry took one last look at the Burrow, which he had come to love almost as much as Hogwarts itself, and settled down between Ginny and Hermione on the back seat. It reminded him of how comfortable he’d been that morning.


Just then, Ginny yawned, and rested her head against his shoulder to sleep. Harry, though surprised at first, gave in to temptation, leaning his head against hers and dozing off as well.


Molly Weasley, looking in the mirror, smiled at the two of them, then glared at her sons, as if to tell them, "Don't even think about it."


I wasn't until they reached the station that Harry and Ginny woke up, both blushing furiously at their positions.


"Come on, you two. We've only got twenty minutes to get you on the train," said Mrs. Weasley, shepherding them through the crowds of Muggles.


They reached the barrier, and Molly called, "Right--Harry and Ginny go first, then Ron and Hermione."


Harry took Ginny's hand and they walked confidently towards the barrier, pushing their trolleys in front of them. When they reached the barrier, Ginny went through first, and then Harry followed.


*****


Dobby the house-elf was furious; he couldn't seal the barrier while the entire Weasley family was present. ‘That’s that plan gone out the floo then. Dobby had better start on the next one,’ he thought, disappearing with a pop.


*****


Harry and Ginny made their way across the crowded platform together. Harry made sure to keep a tight hold on Ginny’s hand as he wasn’t sure that he would be forgiven by Mrs. Weasley if he lost her only daughter.


Together they made their way to the back of the train, hoping to save a compartment for when the others arrived. Harry helped Ginny lift her trunk on board and found an empty carriage at the rear of the train.


They had both just placed their trunks in the luggage racks when there was a loud crack and the door of the compartment slammed closed. Harry and Ginny both spun round in shock, wondering what was going on.


Seeing the door closed, Harry walked up to it and attempted to open it, but try as he might, he simply could not open it. Even when he risked punishment from the Ministry, by using ‘Alohomora’ the unlocking charm, he still couldn’t budge it.


“If it wasn’t for the fact that we got here before them, I would have said that this was the twins’ work,” Ginny said, looking out the window with a frown.


“Maybe when the others come along, we can get them to let us out,” said Harry, plonking himself down on one of the benches.


Ginny turned around, and looked at him, “And what if whoever did this, put some sort of silencing, or concealment charm on the compartment?” she asked, while slumping down into the seat next to him.


“At least we’ve still got our trunks with us, and your mum gave us some sandwiches and pumpkin juice,” Harry offered, going over to his trunk and opening it.


“Oh shoot,” Ginny said, suddenly getting up and moving over to her own trunk. “I knew I’d forgotten something!” she exclaimed.


“What is it Ginny?”


“Oh, just my diary, that’s all.” Ginny returned to her seat and sighed as she lay down on it.


Harry could tell that she was upset, and desperately racked his brain for a way of cheering her up. Then he spotted something in his trunk, something he had completely forgotten about, until then that is.


He picked it up, and carried it over to Ginny. Sitting on the edge of the bench in front of her, he looked down at her.


“I missed getting you a gift before Ginny, so consider this a late birthday present from me,” he said, handing her a small, leather-bound, diary. The book had been one among many of Dudley’s untouched gifts, left to moulder in his old second bedroom. Harry had originally picked it up, thinking that it might be useful, before his first year at Hogwarts, but had never found the time.


Ginny gasped, sitting up slightly. “Thanks Harry,” she said, as her eyes moved from the diary, to his face.


“It’s nothing much. It really belongs to my cousin, but he’s not missed it yet, and I doubt he ever will.”


“That’s alright, Harry. It’s wonderful,” Ginny put the book down, and pulled him into a hug. Harry stiffened slightly at first, but then softened into the embrace, as a warm, tingly feeling entered his belly. Reluctantly they eventually let go of each other.


“I didn’t know that’s the way it felt. To be hugged, I mean,” Harry whispered.


“Anytime you need a hug Harry, just ask, okay?” she said, smiling the brightest smile Harry thought he had ever seen.


Harry’s face broke out in an immense grin. “Now that I would enjoy,” he said, both of them immediately turning bright red.


Harry couldn’t resist, and brought Ginny into his arms once again. “You’re the first I ever done that with,” he said breathlessly, coming out of the embrace.


Ginny yawned, followed shortly by Harry; both of them feeling the effects of such an early morning. Harry lay down next to her, and the two of them drifted off to sleep.
Reviews 23
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear