Search:

SIYE Time:9:13 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Cosmic Jam
By Ellery

- Text Size +

Category: First Week Challenge (2008-2)
Characters:None
Genres: Comedy, Fluff, Humor
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 23
Summary: (Couldn't think of a good title, so I borrowed this one from Bill Bailey)

The start of Ginny's first year. How could a glass of water change everything.

Loads of cuddles and fluffy stuff, sadly they're a bit young for kissing. Aww...
Hitcount: Story Total: 8073; Chapter Total: 2890





Author's Notes:
Well here's the second and final chapter. Again, it's named after a show by Bill Bailey. Of course you could say Ron's a bit of a troll in this chapter, but I'm not going to.

I've been asked to continue this story, but at the moment, as you can see from my Bio, I've got plenty of fics to be getting on with (and I haven't even listed all of them).

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


The two of them woke sometime later, arms and legs tangled. Harry stretched, looking at his watch, and then out the window.


"I think we're nearly there, Ginny," he said. "We must've slept for hours."


"Mmmgh," Ginny yawned, "I'm sooo hungry; have we got anything to eat?" she asked blearily, looking around.


"We have your mum's sandwiches over there," Harry replied, pointing out the two packages. Harry rose to get them, as Ginny sat up and stretched.


"It shouldn't take them long to get us out of here, once we arrive," he said, returning to his seat, and handing Ginny her sandwiches.


They ate their meal together in silence, before changing into their plain black Hogwarts robes. As the train rolled into the station, they looked out the window, hoping to see a professor, or some other adult, who could help them.


"'ello 'arry," the familiar, booming of Hagrid's voice came through the window, causing the glass to rattle slightly. "I 'ear you 'ave a bit of a problem with your compartment.


"Uh, yeah Hagrid," Harry replied. "We can't open the door. How did you know?" he wondered, aloud.


"Ron and 'ermione reported your disappearance to the conductor. After findin' one o' the compartments locked, an' that 'e couldn' open it, 'e contacted the 'eadmaster," Hagrid explained. He then took out his pink umbrella, tapping it against the window frame. "There you go," he said, as the glass vanished from the window.


"Thanks Hagrid!" Harry exclaimed, climbing through the window, and turning to help Ginny through.


"Ah, Mr. Potter, and Miss Weasley I presume," a strict, though not unkind, voice echoed from further down the station as Professor McGonagall stepped out of the shadows. "The headmaster wishes to see the both of you before the feast. We will take a carriage up to the school," she said, turning away and walking towards where several were lined up.


*****



"Hello Mr. Potter, Miss Weasley," Professor Dumbledore greeted them, as they entered his office. "I was wondering, whether you would perhaps tell me what happened on the train," he enquired, eyes twinkling.


"Uhh... We didn't do anything wrong together sir, we just hugged and slept most of the time," Harry explained rather nervously.


"That's... interesting, but I was referring to how you managed to be locked inside the compartment in the first place." Dumbledore smiled at them, his eyes seemed to be twinkling furiously now.


"Well," replied Ginny this time, and Harry was secretly thanking Merlin that she had got over her shyness around him, "we don't really know. You see Professor, Harry and I were the first through the barrier. Instead of waiting for the others, we decided to head straight onto the train to find a compartment. We put our things inside, and we were about to head back to the platform to wait for the others, when the door banged closed, and Harry and I couldn't get out!"


"Hmm... I'll have to think on this Miss Weasley, Mr. Potter, but right now it's time for the Sorting and the feast," Dumbledore said, hurrying them on their way.


*****



Gi nny nervously entered the room the other first-years were waiting in. Not wanting to draw attention to herself, she moved towards one corner of the room. On her way however, she was distracted by a familiar, dreamy-looking face.


"Luna," she called, hurrying over to greet her childhood friend. "Sorry I missed you on the train Luna, I got locked in a compartment with Harry Potter," she explained, rather smugly.


"That must have been nice," Luna said. "I wonder why they did that to you; they’re such nice creatures usually…”


*****




"Harry, where were you?" Ron immediately cried out, as Harry sat down beside him.


"Uh, can this wait until after the feast?" Harry asked, feeling rather nervous as to the Weasley brothers’ reactions to him being locked up alone with their little sister.


Ron looked at him strangely for a moment, but then they were distracted by the Sorting. Harry and the Weasleys cheered louder than all the other Gryffindors combined, as Ginny was sorted into their house. Harry stood up as she came over to the table, giving her a hug before sitting down next to her.


There was an immediate intake of breath from beside him, “What did you just do, Harry? Did you just hug my sister? Is that what you’ve been up to all afternoon? Taking advantage of my little sister!”


“Oh, shut up Ron,” Ginny cut in, kicking him hard on the shin. This made several nearby Gryffindors chuckle quietly to themselves.


Harry meanwhile was trying to edge as far away from Ron as he could. He had noticed that the other Weasley brothers’ reaction was not as drastic as Ron’s. Indeed the twins were positively beaming, though this could have been attributed to Ginny’s actions.


All in all, the feast was as magnificent as always, although Ron continued to sulk, even after his third helpings. After Dumbledore had finished his speech, they all got up, and headed towards the Entrance Hall. Ron, it appeared, had still not gotten over seeing Harry and Ginny so friendly with each other. As soon as Dumbledore had excused them, he stormed out of the Great Hall, not giving Harry or Ginny a second look.


“Don’t worry Harry. He’ll calm down soon enough; he always does,” Ginny soothed, as they made their way up the marble staircase.


“That’s easy for you to say. You don’t share a dormitory room with him!” Harry said, causing them both to grimace.


The next week went by quickly for the two of them. They made sure to catch up with each other’s news regularly, causing Ron to walk off in a huff more than once.


Another development of the week was Lockhart's admission that he was an incompetent fraud. No, he didn't admit it in so many words, but rather his actions. By the end of the week, all but his most diehard fans amongst the students and staff believed he was.


“Ginny, do you think Ron might be jealous?” Harry asked, as they worked on their homework together in the Common Room.


“Probably, Harry. He no doubt thinks that I’m trying to steal you away from him,” Ginny distractedly replied, trying to finish off her Potions essay.


"I've tried talking to him, you know?" sighed Harry.


"I know Harry," Ginny said, closing her books, and pulling Harry back, into an overstuffed armchair to cuddle.


Maybe it was the incentive of Ginny's hugs, but Harry always seemed to have his homework done those days.





Reviews 23
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear