Search:

SIYE Time:20:24 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


I'm Coming Home To You
By AdventureofLove

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/PM
Characters:None
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: Mild Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 7
Summary: Just after the Battle, Harry needs to get away from everyone. He knows where she will be and he needs to be with her.
Hitcount: Story Total: 8914



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
A small One-Shot Song fic, you have to read the lyrics of the song. I am not joking but I think these are the most appropriate lyrics for Harry after the final battle toward Ginny. Wow, amazing, still cannot believe how close the lyrics are!




ChapterPrinter


He could not stand everyone, they wanted to talk to him, to be with him and tell him how well he had done and that he had saved the Wizarding World. But he didn’t want to be with anyone. He wanted to be alone. Alone that is except for her. He needed her, he needed to find her.

Harry stumbled blindly through the crowds, people grabbed his arms but he paid them no attention and just shrugged them off. Why would they not leave him alone? How could they not understand that he did not want to talk to them? He did not want their sympathy and congratulations, he did not want to be carted off to St Mungo’s to be checked out like everyone else. He was fine, yes he was fine, or at least he would be if he could just get to her.
All he could do was think about her.

Yeah, you've been alone
I've been gone for far too long
But with all that we've been through
After all this time I'm coming home to you

He could not think of the possibility that something had happened to her, he had to find her. He had to go home.
Over the past year he had suffered so much, and every moment was worse, so much worse, when he did not have her to comfort him, to wipe away his fear. To make him feel normal, and yet so special.

Never let it show
The pain I've grown to know
’Cause with all these things we do
It don't matter when I'm coming home to you

Climbing higher and higher toward the top of the astronomy tower where he knew she must be. She always went there when she wanted to be alone. He had spent many hours under his invisibility cloak watching her. Just watching.

I reach towards the sky I've said my goodbyes
My heart's always with you now

How she did it he did not know, but she always made him see the truth. With Sirius she had made him see that it was not his fault. She would comfort him and tell him it was not his fault. He made a promise to himself and to her that he would not blame this on himself, for here he would not think about those who had died.

I won't question why so many have died
My prayers have made it through yeah
’Cause with all these things we do
It don't matter when I'm coming home to you

All he could do was write her letters, letters he could have never sent. He could give them to her now. Al of them, he would send them to her and let her know how much he had needed her, how much he had been clawed apart inside by the distance that separated them.

Letters keep me warm
Helped me through the storm
But with all that we've been through
After all this time I'm coming home to you

How could he love anyone else, there was no one, he loved her and he needed her so badly. His chest ached at the mere thought of his longing for her.
He needed her to know that she was the reason he came back, her love for him, his unbearably strong and passionate love for her.

I reach towards the sky I've said my goodbyes
My heart's always with you now

He had prayed for her safety, something he would never have done if it weren’t for the fact he loved her, he really loved her.

I won't question why so many have died
My prayers have made it through yeah
’Cause with all these things we do
It don't matter when I'm coming home to you

How could he love anyone else, there was no one, he loved her and he needed her so badly. His chest ached at the mere thought of his longing for her.
He wanted to hold her until the end of time. It was only her.

I've always been true
I've waited so long just to come hold you
I'm making it through

Far too long had he waited, but more had his love grown, like a flower hidden in the dark and thriving upwards the moment the sun reaches it, gracing the tender weakness within and pigmenting the colour. Deep and red, blossoming. Flowing over the surface and pouring it into her.

It's been far too long, we've proven our
love over time’s so strong, in all that we do

He pushed the hatch open and the deep purple sky weighed down on him, like a soft cushion, a ripple of stars spread like beacons of light, guiding him to his destiny.

The stars in the night, they lend me their light
to bring me closer to heaven with you

He slipped his arms around her waist and breathed in her heavenly scent.

But with all that we've been through
After all this time I'm coming home to you

Slowly he bent his head toward hers and captured her lips, heaven. Floating. Flying. Where love can take them now.

I reach towards the sky I've said my goodbyes
My heart's always with you now
I won't question why so many have died
My prayers have made it through yeah
’Cause with all these things we do
It don't matter when I'm coming home to you

Ginny Weasley buried her head in Harry’s shoulder and cried, her shoulders racked with sobs as she silently wept her heart to him. He held her close and let out the tears he knew he must cry. The tears he had held onto for so many years.

And with all that we've been through
After all this time I'm coming home to you

He was home.


Harry waited until she had calmed down, he had not know how long it would take, but he would wait. For her he would give up his life. He had given up his life just so she could be safe.

Slowly she began to ease her sobbing and she removed her head from his shoulder. He leaned down once more to brush his lips on hers, gentle and comforting. He wiped a few tears that still graced her face and tucked the loose hair behind her ears.

Even after she had just fought in this war, and she had cuts, bruises, torn robes and was covered in dirt and rubble from the falling Castle, Harry could not see a single fault in her.

She was perfect, and there was nothing that anyone could say or do, that would make her any less so.

Ginny looked up into his eyes and frowned sadly, “I thought you were not coming back. I really thought you had gone. I . . . thought you had . . . left me.” She hung her head, like a lowly child, and chocked back and few tears.

Harry lifted her chin up to look at him, “Ginny, I love you. I think I’ve always loved you.” He slid down to his knee and pulled out the box he had carried with him ever since Bill and Fleur’s wedding.
He grasped Ginny’s hand and placed it gently over the heavy thrum of his beating heart, “No one else can make my heart beat like this, you make me catch my breath. Ginny, it has ripped me apart being away from you this passed year.”
“So many letters I have written and been unable to send. I hated every minute that I could not spend with you.” He opened the box and turned it to her, she gasped. “Ginny, it was heart ache, being without you. I want, I need to be with you. Will you do me this honour and keep me sane, keep my world from crashing. Will you marry me?”

Words could no longer form in her mouth, she was speechless, she simply nodded, letting him slide the ring on her finger. Tears leaked from her deep brown eyes and she flung herself at him.

“Thank you Harry, you have given me what I had come to believe was never possible because of this war.” She kissed his softly, lingering on his taste before pulling back to look him in the eye. Those startling green eyes that caused her to loose all consciousness.

“And what was that?” he asked, pouring his soul out into her through his eyes.

“Love, Harry, love.” She smiled painfully at him, “I love you Harry Potter.”

“That is all I can ask of you.” He kissed her once more before pulling her into his arms.

“Harry?”

“Yes.”

“I’m home, Harry, I’m coming home.” She sniffed, “I am coming home with you.”

Harry smiled and squeezed her tight.

“Home.”
Reviews 7
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear