Search:

SIYE Time:10:57 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Parents, Apparently
By lilyevans_Jan30

- Text Size +

Category: Pre-OotP, Post-DH/AB, Twin Travel Challenge (2008-3)
Characters:None
Genres: Comedy, Humor, Romance
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 90
Summary: ** Winner of Parenthood in the “Twin Travel” Challenge **
NOW COMPLETE - Harry and Ginny wouldn't do that to their own children, would they? Why yes, they would. But the joke might just be on them. Written for the Twin Travel Challenge.
Hitcount: Story Total: 28066; Chapter Total: 9507





Author's Notes:
So here is Chapter One of my challenge entry. I couldn't get Harry and Ginny to stop talking in my head unless I started writing, so that's what I did, and what I ended up with is a somewhat different take on the challenge theme. Oh, and for those of you who thought that An Icy Reception was too confusing to read, don't worry. The dialogue at the beginning of this chapter only goes on for a couple of sentences. Please review!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


“Did you get everything added, Harry?”

“I think so, did you?”

“Hopefully. And what about the others?”

“I’m sure Hermione covered everything important from her end, and made sure Ron did too. And I know your mum put in as many details as possible. As for what the rest of your family did, let’s just hope there aren’t any serious gaps.”

“I guess we’ll know soon enough.”

“Are you going to watch now, or wait until the class?”

“Oh, I’m going to watch now. I can’t wait to see this. You’re not going to know what hit you, when those two get finished with you.”

“Me?? What about you? You’re the youngest, remember? There’s no way you’re going to know what to do with them. You’ll be pulling your hair out after an hour.”

“That sounds like a bet, Mr. Potter.”

“Why, yes, I think it is, Mrs. Potter. Same terms as always?”

“Oh, I think we should up the stakes a bit. Say, to two weeks?”

“Two weeks?? Ginny, are you serio . . . well, yeah. Fine. Two weeks it is . . . and what a relaxing two weeks it’s going to be for me, too.”

“Don’t bet on it, Harry. There is no way I’m going to lose this.”

“I hate to tell you, Ginny, but it’s totally out of your control. Remember what you were like the summer you turned 14? That’s right before you started dating Corner, wasn’t it?”

Silence.

“Is it too late to change the bet?”

“Yep. Now where is your mother?”

As if on cue, Mrs. Weasley appeared in the doorway of the Burrow’s living room.

“I’ve just started Lily and James on a plate of chocolate biscuits. The more sugar, the better, you know. What are you holding there?”

Harry held up his Invisibility Cloak. “Ginny and I thought we would go with you and watch.”

Mrs. Weasley frowned. “You can’t talk, you know, or give them any indication you are there. There can be no interference for this to work right.”

Harry smirked. “I think Lily and James are going to be interference enough.”

Ginny looked concerned for a moment. “And you’re sure it’s safe?”

Harry put his hand on her arm reassuringly. “Perfectly. Even with the modifications, it’s still a contained environment.”

“Yeah, but, what if they get scared?”

“Those two? They’re going to think it’s a big adventure.” Harry smirked. “Actually, I bet they don’t even notice the difference.”

Ginny punched him in the arm. “Are you saying I haven’t changed at all since I was fourteen?”

“Probably not in the eyes of a six-year-old. And I think you are beautiful at any age.”

“Oi. Nice try, Potter.”

Ginny looked at her mum. “Do you think we need to, I don’t know, coach them, a bit?”

Just then, a crash sounded from outside, near Mr. Weasley’s shed. After a moment of silence, two childish voices started screaming at each other.

“Now look what you did, James!! You broke it!”

“I wouldn’t have broken it if you hadn’t pushed me, Lily!”

The bickering continued as Mrs. Weasley looked thoughtfully out the window.

“No, I think they are going to be perfect, just the way they are. Now why don’t both of you jump in ahead of me? I’ll get Lily and James and send them along presently. I’ll be Disillusioned, so I can stay in the background and take notes.”

A moment later, Harry and Ginny had covered themselves in the Cloak and disappeared. Mrs. Weasley carefully picked up the large stone basin and carried it to the kitchen table, and then went to the door of the Burrow and called for Lily and James to come inside with the promise of a package of Chocolate Frogs each. They appeared in the door, looking guilty, biscuit crumbs around their faces, and still arguing with each other.

“Grandma! James broke Grandpa’s vaclune sweeper!”

“Did not!”

“Did too!”

“Prove it! I don’t think it ever worked anyway!”

“Well, now it never will because you busted it!”

“I did not!”

“Did too, did too, did too!!!”

“Lily, James,” said Molly calmly, as if the two children were merely having a discussion about the weather. “I need you two to help me for a minute. The rest of the family is on their way for dinner and I haven’t begun to get ready. I need you both to stay here in the kitchen and keep out of trouble while I collect eggs for tonight’s custard. And please, whatever you do, don’t touch your father’s Pensieve.” Molly gestured towards the stone bowl she had placed on the table. “It can be very dangerous if you don’t understand how it works. I’ll be back in a minute. Now, eat your Chocolate Frogs quickly, and I won’t even tell your mum that you have already had sweets today.”

Lily and James nodded at their grandmother, both ripping open their Frogs and, of course, fighting with each other over the cards. But Molly noticed James beginning to eye the Pensieve with interest even as he swiped his sister’s Chocolate Frog and stuffed it in his mouth.

“Oi. I got another Harry Potter — I only have about a hundred of those already!”

“Oh James, I’ll take it — I love the picture of Daddy. Hey, where’s my Frog? It can’t have hopped away!”

Smiling to herself, Molly left the house and waited just outside the door, listening. Presently she heard the sounds she had been waiting for:

“Don’t James! Grandma said not to touch it! It’s too dangerous!”

“Oh, don’t be a fraidy cat, Lily. It won’t do anything. You need to add those things from your head with a wand first. See, I can lean right over it and . . .”

“James!!! Come back! Where are you?? James! I’m telling!!!”

Silence.

Walking back into the Burrow, Molly surveyed the now empty kitchen. Grabbing a roll of parchment and a quill, she quickly cast a Disillusionment Charm over herself and followed her grandchildren.


Reviews 90
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
! Go To Top !

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding 2008 by melkior and Bear