Search:

SIYE Time:3:19 on 18th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Adventure Runs in the Family
By pokecharm

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/AB, Twin Travel Challenge (2008-3)
Characters:All, All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, General
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 28
Summary: Lily and James Potter accidentally take a trip through time when they stumble into their aunt's study. When their father has to bring them back, a very startling set of circumstances erupt as the past and the present co-exist for a few short hours.
Hitcount: Story Total: 7959



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
This was a very compelling challenge and I couldn't help but write something. This is weighing in at 9600 words, just under the 10,000 word limit for being read! I want to give a huge thank you to Ginny Guerra and drawjones for reading this and telling me it was worth entering. I have made a point of not reading any of the other entries, so any similarities are strictly coincidental.

I also threw in a little something into this story about the name I post under here; pokecharm. If you can correctly identify what it is and what my name means, big ups :) I'd 'award' something, but I expect the mods wouldn't like that.

I hope you all enjoy what was actually a lot of fun to write - thank you for your support and reading this rather long fic!




ChapterPrinter


The Burrow was always busy. Molly and Arthur Weasley had always wanted a large family, and they had been blessed with one and an ever-growing extended family as well. Their youngest son’s two closest friends often spent the summers with them and this was no exception. The family was sitting down to dinner, Molly was thankful her two eldest sons, Bill and Charlie, were able to join them.

The dinner table was, as was often the case, a cornucopia of mixed conversations. Fred and George were describing one of their newest inventions. Molly didn’t like that they had never outgrown their penchant for making toys, but they didn’t always seem as academically strong as her other children.

Harry had been unusually quiet during dinner. He had just been brought by the Order of the Phoenix to Grimmauld Place. But that evening, the Order needed some time without the children around, and Molly and Arthur had volunteered to have dinner at home. Hermione and Ron were arguing animatedly while Ginny glanced warily between them to Fred and George.

Fred was demonstrating what their latest invention should do when a loud crack was heard from the sitting room. Not one, but two voices could be heard. Both were arguing and they both sounded very, very young. Arthur stood up first, but Charlie, Bill and Harry grabbed their wands and followed him. Hermione and Ron exchanged worried glances, while Ginny felt her mother put her hand on her shoulder, signifying she should stay put.

Ginny sighed and rolled her eyes at her mother. Arthur stepped into the sitting room first and was very confused by the sight that welcomed him. There were two children, perhaps a year apart; one boy with dark coloured hair who was standing next to something that looked gold or bronze and slightly resembled a Time Turner. The object seemingly had fallen to the floor and was clearly broken. With the boy was a girl with bright red hair and glistening green eyes, she looked very scared. She turned to Arthur, her eyes brimming, ‘Grandpa! James did it. I was just watching to see what would happen!’

James shook his head emphatically and said, ‘You told me to! I didn’t think it’d do anything, you know how Rose is with magical stuff.’

Arthur stood, dumfounded for a moment, but Molly came racing past him, ignoring the startled and confused looks around her. On seeing her, the two children raced to her. ‘Gran! Don’t tell mum and dad, mum will kill us!’ the little girl squeaked out.

Molly felt her head go light and slumped onto the floor, the two kids looking very confused. Harry took a step forward, clearly wary of the entire situation and the kids, upon seeing him, froze. Harry wasn’t sure if he should be concerned by their reactions, but after having seen Voldemort reborn, he wondered if this wasn’t some trick. The kids looked strangely like his parents, but they had called Mr. and Mrs. Weasley Grandpa and Gran.

Lily stood behind her brother and said, ‘It wasn’t my fault, dad, James did it.’

Harry looked around, but he could see both children were staring squarely at him. He didn’t realise he’d been clutching his wand so tightly. He lowered his wand slowly and said very quietly, ‘What did you just call me?’

Lily and James took a step back, clearly scared that their own father didn’t seem to recognise them. Unbeknownst to the rest of the family, Fred and George had gone around the house to block the front door, Ginny had followed them. They had quietly opened the door and could just see their mother slumped on the floor.

This was the first moment Ginny got a good look at both children and was shocked at their appearance. Although they weren’t facing her, the little girl with the streaming red hair reminded her of when she was younger. But the boy didn’t seem familiar at all. She edged close to George, who stepped slightly out of her way so she could get a better look. She just heard Harry asking them why they were calling him dad, when she noticed her mother was on the floor rubbing her temples worriedly and looking at her father.

Ginny re-entered the house and took a few steps towards her mother, passing the children. She bent down, and when she turned to look at the children, they both seemed delighted and terrified. The little girl bounded to Ginny, throwing her arms around Ginny’s neck, her eyes brimming. ‘Mum, if it wasn’t for James, this never would have happened!’

Ginny’s eyes went wide, but she returned the embrace just the same. James gave Lily a nasty glare and said, ‘It isn’t my fault.’ He looked pleadingly at Harry but Harry was too dumbstruck to say anything. James edged closer to Harry and said, ‘You believe me, don’t you, dad?’

Harry nodded dumbly and James gave Lily a triumphant smile. Hermione and Ron had been standing behind Harry, confused by the whole situation. James spotted Hermione and said with great pride, ‘Aunt Hermione, I told Rose it wouldn’t work, but see, she was wrong, and now we’re at Gran’s and Grandpa’s house.’

Hermione inhaled sharply and said, ‘Where should you be?’

James looked guiltily at the floor. ‘At your house…with you. How’d you get here so fast?’

Lily was still crying and Ginny was trying to console this strange child who thought she was her mother. ‘Lily?’ she said warily.

The little girl nodded, wiping her eyes. ‘You’re going to punish us, aren’t you?’

Ginny didn’t know how to respond to this and shook her head. ‘No…why would I punish you?’

James smiled and took a step closer to Ginny. ‘Because you told us we shouldn’t go into Aunt Hermione’s study, but Rose took us in, so it can’t be my fault! We were just playing, since you and dad went out to dinner and told us to play with Rose. Aunt Hermione was too busy with her work to notice what we were up to.’

Lily let go of Ginny abruptly and pushed James. ‘Mum is going to take your broom away when we get home!’

James crossed his arms. ‘Dad would never let her. I’m a great flyer, like mum and dad are.’

Ginny looked to her parents but they both had solemn expressions. Arthur said quietly, ‘Lily, James, where’s home?’

James and Lily exchanged confused looks and James said, ‘Grandpa, you’ve been to Grimmauld Place, you know where we live.’

Arthur nodded. ‘Right, of course, well, perhaps your Gran and I should take you there now.’

Most of the Weasley family was still very much in shock, but Harry was in no mood to be trifled with. ‘Wait, you can’t just take them there. We don’t know if…’

The look on the children’s faces stopped him. They looked mortified that their father would not let them go home. Arthur and Molly watched the exchange closely; uncertain of what was the right thing to say. Arthur took a step towards Harry and said, ‘I think this would be better sorted elsewhere.’

Harry shook his head. ‘No, and I don’t need this decision made for me, they could be working for Voldemort!’

Everyone in the room cringed at the name, but the little girl looked at her brother, who shrugged and asked, ‘Who’s Volde…zort?’

All eyes turned back to the children and James said quietly, ‘Why are you staring at us like that?’

Molly seemed to regain her composure and said, ‘No reason, dear. Come on, why don’t you let Grandpa and I take you home?’

Both James and Lily looked delighted at this and Lily asked, ‘How come mum and dad are here? They should be at home now. They were supposed to pick us up before bed-time.’

Arthur scratched his head and said, ‘Well, let’s beat them home!’

Ginny reached a hand out to the children absently, still not able to believe her eyes. Lily smiled at her and asked in a quiet voice, ‘How’d you get here so fast?’

Ginny didn’t know what to say, but hugged Lily. She smiled at her and said, ‘You look adorable.’

Lily grinned and hugged Ginny again. ‘You always tell me that, mum.’

Ginny couldn’t help herself and felt tears threatening. Here were these two beautiful children that claimed she was their mother. Lily poked her and said, ‘Dad says you shouldn’t cry. He says it’s his job to make sure you’re happy.’

Lily stole a glance at Harry, who gave Ginny a bewildered look. Molly stood up slowly and reached a hand out to Lily and one to James. ‘Off we go then.’

Harry was seething. ‘I want to come.’

Arthur didn’t waste one second and led Molly to the grate in the kitchen. ‘No, that is not a good idea. All of you need to stay here while we get these two home.’

James looked up at Mr. Weasley and said, ‘They don’t seem angry.’

Mr. Weasley took the broken magical object from James and said, ‘I’m sure they’re just happy to see you.’

He gave everyone a warning look, though Harry looked as though he were going to jump through the grate after them. Mr. Weasley gave Bill and Charlie a nod and they both understood that to mean to keep everyone at the Burrow. With a burst of green flame both Mr. and Mrs. Weasley and Lily and James were gone.

Harry had clenched his jaw and said, ‘Why did they just leave? They could be agents of Voldemort!’

Ginny was wiping her face and said, ‘Harry, they were kids. I don’t think they even knew who Voldemort was.’

Harry rolled his eyes. ‘Yeah, and they thought we were their parents. Rubbish.’

Ginny visibly bristled and said, ‘If that’s so disgusting to you, please let me know so I can avoid you altogether.’

Harry sighed, admitting slight defeat and replied, ‘That isn’t what I meant.’

Ginny sat down on the couch, in no mood to discuss it further. Hermione said quietly, ‘Did they call me ‘aunt’?’

Fred and George both nodded. George commented, ‘But you’re not related to either Ginny or Harry…’

Harry paced the floor and said, ‘You’re all insane! They aren’t ‘our’ children! They’re just two random kids that…’

Bill said quietly, ‘That what? Come on, Harry, they knew all of us. They recognised all of us. They called our parents Gran and Grandpa. What evil plan of Voldemort’s could this be?’

Harry grumbled something under his breath and sat down on the nearby staircase, not looking at anyone. Hermione and Ron exchanged worried glances. Harry had been acting erratically all summer and this certainly didn’t make things any better. Hermione said quietly, ‘What was that thing they had? That they said they’d taken from ‘my’ study?’

Bill looked at her thoughtfully. ‘I didn’t think time travel was possible.’

‘It looked like my old Time Turner. But it was different, had more dials on it,’ she commented.

Hermione sat next to Ginny and said quietly, ‘Are you okay?’

Ginny sighed. ‘That was a bit surreal…I mean…’ She looked at her brothers and said, ‘Didn’t I look like that when I was that age?’

Fred laughed. ‘Yeah, and you tattled like that too!’

Ginny gave him an irritated look. Hermione said, ‘I wonder how far back in time they went. If they are your kids…why did your parents take them away?’

Bill and Charlie exchanged worried looks and Bill said, ‘Well, if we know too much about the future, you can change it, you know? And that could prove very dangerous.’

Harry scoffed. ‘They didn’t seem to know anything! Didn’t even know who Voldemort was!’

Ron said quietly, ‘Maybe that’s because he isn’t around in their lives.’

It took a moment for everyone to let that sink in. Harry stood up suddenly. ‘I’m going over there, now.’

Bill stood in front of him. ‘No, you’re not. If they are your children travelling through time, you probably shouldn’t be talking to them.’

Harry glared at him, but knew he couldn’t best Bill magically or physically. He gave a pleading look to Hermione and Ron, but neither looked as though they were going to help.

Back at Grimmauld Place, Sirius and Snape had been arguing for hours. Snape had left in a huff. Tonks and Moody had gone off to find news of another sighting of Voldemort. This left Sirius and Lupin to mull things over. They were thankful to get some peace and quiet for one evening. The constant chatter from the Weasley children was hindering any clear thought processes.

Lupin had been trying to convince Sirius that although he was stuck here, he was still contributing a great deal to the Order. He sighed. ‘Sirius, you really shouldn’t let Severus get the better of you. He is just trying to goad you.’

Sirius gave his friend a sharp glance. ‘You maybe right, my old friend, but he is still an insufferable git.’

The flames from the grate burst to life, and both Lupin and Sirius were surprised to see the Weasley parents come out. They became even more surprised when they noticed the two children with them. The little boy eyed the kitchen warily and said, ‘This isn’t how we left it…’

Molly smiled at him. ‘No, I expect not. Remus, perhaps you could help us with something.’

He nodded, eyeing the children with curiosity. Sirius laughed. ‘Is there something you want to tell us, Arthur?’

Arthur didn’t laugh, but set Lily down on the table. ‘I wonder if there aren’t any sweets around here.’

Lily smiled at him and looked over at Sirius. ‘Who are you?’

Sirius leaned close to her and said, ‘I’d like to ask you the same thing.’

She smiled at him and Arthur nodded. ‘I’m Lily Potter. And that’s my brother James.’

Sirius gave her a confused look. ‘Lily and James? I had two old friends named Lily and James…’

She nodded. ‘My mum and dad named us after my dad’s parents, who died when he was really young. But we have another brother who’s named for some old teacher at Hogwarts: Albus.’

All the adults exchanged worried looks and Remus said, ‘What is that you’re holding, James?’

The little boy placed the broken contraption on the table. ‘It’s Aunt Hermione’s, but she didn’t seem upset earlier that I broke it.’

Remus pointed his wand at it and said, ‘Reparo!

The pieces flew back together, but Arthur commented, ‘It can’t have been that easy. Especially if it makes one travel through time.’

James looked up at his grandfather and laughed. ‘Don’t be silly, Grandpa! Aunt Hermione says it isn’t possible to travel through time.’

Sirius commented, ‘She may be smart, but nothing’s impossible; and she knows that.’

Lily looked almost mortified. ‘Even mum says Aunt Hermione is brilliant!’

Arthur put his hand up. ‘That maybe the case, but what we need to know is how you got this to work. You don’t have wands, do you?’

James smiled. ‘You don’t have to have your wand to get it to work…’ He looked at his sister thoughtfully, as if trying to remember something stored far back in his mind. He look shyly at Molly and said nervously, ‘I’m not sure how to say it right, but Rose said it was a meta…meta-timer…or something.’

Lily looked over at Sirius and said in a serious tone, ‘It’s supposed to let people see things that have happened.’

Lupin looked at the object and said, ‘But how does it work?’

James stepped forward, clearly wary of this person, and said, ‘You just have to turn the knobs to where you want to go and then pull it like a top.’

Lily nodded. ‘Then a burst of blue flame comes around whoever’s touching it and you disappear and reappear where you wanted to be.’

‘What did you put in?’ Sirius asked.

James looked nervously at the floor and said, ‘We were playing…I’m not really sure.’

Molly was looking increasingly nervous and asked, ‘Where’s Tonks? She could keep these two out of trouble, couldn’t she?’

Lupin shook his head. ‘She went off with Moody. I’m not sure when they will return.’

Sirius looked at the two children and said, ‘Isn’t it past your bedtime?’

James gave Sirius a defiant look and said, ‘No! I’m allowed to stay up past nine!’

Lily shook her head and started to argue when Molly broke in, ‘That’s enough, dears, why don’t you go have your grandfather get you something sweet to eat?’

Arthur gave her an irritated look, but while the two kids weren’t looking, Molly waved a silencing charm around them. ‘We have got to send them back to their time. They don’t belong here!’

Sirius tapped the table. ‘Who’s kids are they? The boy looks like Harry, but the other…’

He didn’t say and Arthur quickly went through what the children had said at the Burrow. Then Molly released the silencing charm and James commented, ‘Mum does that to us all the time.’

Molly shook her head. ‘You mean Ginny?’

Lily nodded. ‘Of course, Gran! She’s your only daughter!’

Molly wiped her hand across her face. ‘Thank heaven’s that doesn’t change.’

James said in a conspiratorial manner, ‘But you always tell Aunt Hermione she’s like a daughter to you.’

Molly looked as though she were going to ask more questions, but Arthur stopped her. ‘Molly, we can’t ask them. The more we know…’

She gave him a tired look, but nodded. Sirius asked quietly, pointing to the odd device, ‘I guess one of us should try this before putting Harry’s and Ginny’s children in harm’s way.’

The room got very quiet and no one met anyone’s gaze. Molly said quietly, ‘We can go a very short period of time, that shouldn’t affect anything.’

The grate behind them burst to life, but there was a blue, not green flame coming from it. Molly stood in front of Lily, blocking her from any danger. Arthur had lifted James into his arms. Molly feared that Harry, in all his anger, had come over. But the room silenced when a much older Harry came out of the grate. He brushed the soot of off his cloak and looked around the room. His eyes met Sirius’ first. Right behind him a much older Hermione came out of the grate. As if half the conversation had been spoken, she continued, ‘…I just don’t think they could have figured it out, this is very dangerous…Harry.’

She said his name slowly, seeing the looks on the faces around them. She nudged Harry gently and said quietly, ‘Don’t.’

He turned to her, his eyes wavering. He whispered something to her quietly, but she shook her head again. James was hiding in his grandfathers’ arms, but Lily looked around Mrs. Weasley and exclaimed, ‘Dad! There you are, and you look…different, and you changed clothes!’

Harry rolled his eyes, holding a similar device that Lily and James had. ‘Yes…I…changed my clothes, now we need to go home before your mum finds out what you and your brother did.’

Lily stated matter-of-factly, ‘She already saw us and took my side.’

James started to argue when Harry put his hand up. ‘She what? You saw your mother? Here?’

Molly said quietly, ‘No, they appeared at the Burrow, not an hour ago.’

Hermione smiled at her and said, ‘We weren’t sure where they’d end up.’

Mr. Weasley said, ‘They broke your…what was it James?’

‘Meta-turner!’ he proclaimed.

Hermione started to argue and walked slowly over to the table, picking it up. ‘It looks to be in one piece, but that’s just physically.’

She tried to smile but her face contorted into a grimace. ‘Hello, Professor Lupin.’

He nodded at her. ‘My, you two have grown up so much…’

His eyes flowed from Hermione to Harry and he said, ‘Harry, you’ve absolutely adorable children.’

Molly was brimming, her tears spilling down her face. She whispered, ‘Please tell me I get to spend time with these two darlings.’

Harry looked over at Hermione. He laughed. ‘There’s actually been a point where you’ve told us to take our kids away from you because they’re too much to handle.’

James gave his father a sullen look and said, ‘They were kidding when they said that and I didn’t do anything!’

Harry rolled his eyes. ‘Yeah, you never do anything. That’s why you were told not to go into your Aunt’s study.’ He gave Hermione an irritated look and said, ‘Why don’t you lock it?’

‘I did. Rose…’ She faltered, looking at Harry doubtfully. ‘She managed to find a way in,’ she said finished quickly.

Harry rolled his eyes and started to say something but stopped. Hermione looked at the two children and said, ‘Your mother is going to have a coronary when she finds you two have…’

Harry looked at Molly and Arthur and asked, ‘How did Ginny react when she saw them?’

Hermione shook her head. ‘Harry, it doesn’t matter.’

Molly volunteered, ‘Better than you did.’

Harry sighed and ran a hand through his hair. ‘Merlin, I was such a prat back then.’

Hermione laughed. ‘Just back then? I’m sure Ginny will disagree with you.’

He gave her an irritated look which quickly turned to concern on seeing Molly’s expression. Hermione sighed. ‘Less, you need to learn to say less, Harry!’

Molly was beaming. ‘So you and our Ginny…’

Arthur put his hand up. ‘Molly, we really shouldn’t be hearing any of this.’

She nodded slowly and said, ‘But Arthur...’

Hermione nodded. ‘He’s right. We need to get those two and get out of here before we do any lasting damage.’

Lupin looked cautiously at the two and said, ‘So you figured out how to travel through time?’

Hermione blushed. ‘It was those two; actually, I didn’t think it would work. If anyone at the Ministry finds out we’ve done this, I could be in a lot of trouble.’

Harry rolled his eyes. ‘I highly doubt that.’

Hermione set the device down and said, ‘I don’t think we can leave with all of you knowing that we were here.’

Molly eyed her warily. ‘What are you saying?’

Harry reached a hand out to Lily, who ran to her father. ‘Hermione isn’t saying anything crazy…Mrs. Weasley.’ He gave Hermione a strained look at this and continued, ‘We just need to make sure that none of us remember this, it could have some very negative effects.’

Hermione nodded. ‘You’ve probably already figured too much out as it is. I know Ginny keeps a good amount of supplies for potions here, but I don’t recall if Sirius ever did.’

Sirius pointed to a cupboard past Arthur and said, ‘I do…and the way Harry’s looking at me makes me wonder what happens during this war against Voldemort.’

Lupin shook his head at the mention, and James started to say something when Harry put his hand up. ‘Not now, no more questions from you, young man.’

James looked sullenly at the floor, but didn’t say anything. Sirius laughed. ‘He looks like your father.’

Harry smiled. ‘Does he? I never really found any baby pictures of either of my parents.’

Hermione nudged Harry and headed for the cupboard. Molly looked at them both and said, ‘Can you prove that you’re not trying to kill us?’

Both Harry and Hermione turned to her with surprised looks. Hermione said quietly, ‘We’d never…’

She looked over at Harry who asked, ‘How can we prove we’re from the future? Or should we prove we’re who we say we are?’

Molly nodded and Lupin said, ‘You should be able to tell us something that happened to you, by your fourth year at Hogwarts, that wasn’t news-worthy.’

Hermione smiled. ‘Come on, Professor Lupin, we could have just stolen someone’s memories or something.’

He and Sirius both laughed. ‘You always were too clever for your own good.’

Harry smiled. ‘You could wait an hour and make sure we’re not using Polyjuice Potion, though you should know by now the kids aren’t.’

Lily made a disgusted face and Harry lifted her into his arms. ‘You’re looking like it’s time for you to go to bed.’ He looked over at Hermione as Lily rested her head on her father’s shoulder. ‘What kind of time are we looking at?’

Hermione emerged from behind the cupboard and replied, ‘At least a few hours, though I think if we can get those things working properly, we can appear at home as soon as we left.’

‘Are you sure?’ he asked. ‘Ginny is going to kill me, after she hollers at these two, if we aren’t back soon.’

Hermione rolled her eyes. ‘Don’t worry; I’ll have a talk with…’

She shot a glance at Molly and stopped. Arthur said quietly, ‘I think we’ve already figured out you’ve a daughter named ‘Rose’ who was the third party in this little adventure. She obviously has your intelligence, but one does wonder who the father is.’

Molly was grinning and Hermione was biting her lower lip. ‘Where’s your cauldron, Sirius?’

Harry was smiling but neither confirmed nor denied what Arthur had alluded to. Molly looked at Hermione and said, ‘If you’re going to prove who you are, now would be that time.’

Hermione sighed and looked at Harry. She tapped the counter absently and said, ‘During my fourth year, I went to the Yule Ball with Viktor Krum, and this made Ron insanely jealous. You probably already know how much…’ She looked at Harry but he shrugged and she continued, ‘You probably already know how much we care about each other, though it’ll be some years before the constant bickering finally comes to something other than just bickering.’

Molly beamed. ‘I knew it! I always knew you and Ron would be together. So I have another granddaughter.’

Harry sighed and said, ‘My turn? Well, I know the TriWizard Tournament was pretty engrossing, but most people don’t know that it was Barty Crouch Jr. masquerading as Mad-Eye Moody who almost got me killed.’

This didn’t seem to convince anyone and he laughed. ‘It isn’t fair, at the time, I was in the Daily Prophet all the time!’

He looked at James and said, ‘My second year, do not tell your mother I told you this story, Ron, Fred and George came to break me out of my aunt’s and uncle’s house in a flying car and Ron and I lost the car after that; though it saved us in the forest later that year.’

Arthur and Molly looked at each other and Molly said, ‘Are you going to tell us what kind of potion you’re making?’

Hermione laughed. ‘I shouldn’t have to! You taught it to me, years from now.’

Hermione pulled out a piece of parchment from her bag and listed out the potion and its ingredients. Molly looked over her shoulder and nodded. ‘Ah, of course, a temporary memory potion. We all sleep for a few hours and think this was a dream.’

Hermione nodded. ‘I think all of us will have to take it. Wait, how many people saw them at the Burrow?’

There was a pregnant pause before Arthur said, ‘Everyone, practically. The whole family was there for dinner. Fred, George, the two of you, Ron, Ginny, Bill and Charlie.’

Harry and Hermione exchanged worried looks and Hermione nodded. ‘This may take more than two hours. I don’t think we should be seen. They won’t come here, will they?’

Molly and Arthur both looked at Harry and Harry sighed. ‘I was so stubborn back then.’

Hermione nodded. ‘Ginny really was the only one that could handle your moods that year.’

Harry sighed. ‘I don’t know why I didn’t see that then.’

Hermione started to say something but laughed. ‘I won’t say it…’

‘Please don’t. Ginny’s going to be homicidal when she sees what you two have done.’ Harry gave his son another hard look and this seemed to be more then he could bear as tears began to threaten in his eyes.

Hermione shook her head and said, ‘James, your mother’s going to be angry with your father and me, more than she will be with either of you.’

‘Lily said she’d take my broom away,’ James said quietly.

Harry sighed and said, ‘No, she won’t.’ He looked over at Hermione, his arms already full and bent down slowly. ‘Come on; let’s get you two to lie down while your aunt and I try to fix this.’

James grabbed his father’s outstretched hand and Sirius and Lupin showed him to the bedrooms upstairs. Harry tried not to stare openly at either man, but they both seemed to notice this. Lupin said quietly, ‘Something happens, during this war, to us, doesn’t it? That’s why you keep looking at us. As if you haven’t seen us in years.’

Harry set Lily down first and then helped James get his shoes and socks off. He kissed them both and then shut the door slightly. Sirius gave him a hard look and Harry nodded slowly. ‘Yes, something happens to both of you, and…I’m sorry, it is, to some extent, my fault.’

They looked as though they were going to ask more questions, but Harry put his hands up. ‘I don’t think this is a good idea.’

He cast a charm on the door, to let him know if either of the children stirred and went back to the familiar kitchen. Hermione seemed to be fending Mrs. Weasley off as best as she could, but the questions didn’t cease. Harry looked at the group and said, ‘I don’t think we should say more. I think we’ve proven who we are, though there still may be some doubt.’

Lupin nodded. ‘Both stories are certainly true enough, but we’d really need to get your current selves here to prove or disprove your identity.’

Harry laughed. ‘Before my fifth year, I doubt I’m a whole lot of fun to be around.’

Molly said quietly, ‘She is brewing the potion she’s saying she’s brewing, so they aren’t trying to kill us.’

Sirius commented, ‘I’d much prefer if you did it, Molly.’

Hermione gave him a defeated look and stepped away from the cauldron. ‘If that would make you feel better, then by all means.’

Harry motioned towards the table and Hermione sat down with him. Harry said, ‘How is the Order fairing this summer?’

Lupin eyed him cautiously. ‘Good, better if we had more numbers.’

‘Sadly that doesn’t change,’ Hermione noted. ‘But had you ever trusted any of us, even if we were young, we could have helped more.’

The room fell into silence. So many questions were on everyone’s minds, but it seemed imprudent to ask. It was an hour before the grate burst to life and Harry grabbed Hermione’s arm. She froze for a moment before they saw the green colour and Apparated up the flight of stairs. Sirius followed their movement and could see them on the upstairs landing as the younger Harry came out of the grate.

He glared around the room and said, ‘Where are they? Are they real or are they spies?’

Hermione looked at the older Harry and commented, ‘It’s too bad you don’t grow out of that.’

He rolled his eyes and stopped as Ginny came out of the grate. ‘Harry, don’t be stupid, they are children, not spies!’

The older Harry sighed and rested his arms on the banister, leaning down. ‘Merlin, she’s gorgeous. I am such an idiot.’

Hermione laughed. ‘I’m not arguing with you. If you hadn’t been such a prat back then, you two could have been together so much sooner.’

Harry gave her a playful smile. ‘Too bad I know even if I talk to…myself…I won’t listen.’

Hermione laughed. ‘No, you’ll think you’ve gone mad.’

They both quieted down as the younger Harry stalked around the kitchen towards the stairs. Hermione grabbed Harry’s arm and pulled him out of sight. Arthur was trying to reason with the younger Harry, but he would not listen.

‘You’ve got to trust us, Harry, we’re doing what we think is best,’ he said quietly.

Harry stalked back into the kitchen, his eyes glaring. ‘You didn’t just get rid of them, their Time-Turner is right here!’

He pointed at the table and the older Harry nudged Hermione, saying quietly, ‘Good job.’

She rolled her eyes and replied, ‘I’m trusting Ginny to take care of this.’

Harry scoffed, ‘She hardly knows me!’

Hermione put her finger to her lips. ‘Could you be a little quieter? We don’t want…you to hear us!’ She continued quietly, ‘And she’s always known you better than you’ve realised! If anyone can calm you down, it’ll be Ginny.’

Harry sighed and they pulled out of sight again as the younger Harry circled the table. He confronted Ginny and said, ‘Help me find them.’

She shook her head. ‘Harry, please, listen to me, they are two little kids.’ She reached a hand out to him, resting it on his shoulder and continued more softly, ‘They aren’t agents of Voldemort and I think you need to calm down.’

Hermione and Ron burst out of the grate and Sirius commented, ‘Why did we even bother sending them away tonight?’

Lupin stood up to his full height and said, ‘You all should not be here. Whatever is going on, we’re taking care of it.’

Harry gave Lupin a defiant look, the effects of Ginny’s words dissolving in seconds, but said nothing. Hermione stood in front of Harry and said, ‘I can’t imagine how crazy this must all seem to you, but Professor Lupin is right. We shouldn’t be here.’

Harry gave her a nasty look and said, ‘Please, you all can’t honestly think that Ginny and I get married and have kids and name them after my dead parents! That’s rubbish!’

The older Harry started to lean forward away from their hiding place, but Hermione pulled him back, giving him a warning look. They both watched as their youthful selves battled further.

Hermione looked at Ginny and said, ‘Harry, I’ve never known you to be this rude.’

Harry put his hands up and said tersely, ‘I’m sure Ginny’s never wanted to marry me! I’m the problem of the magical world, isn’t that why no one ever talks to me?’

Ginny glared at Harry. ‘I’m so glad everything is about you. You are such a foul git sometimes.’

Harry rolled his eyes and shot back, ‘You think I’m a foul git? Yeah, just enjoying my time in the sun with all your hateful stares.’ He glared at all three of his friends and stated, ‘You all just hate me, don’t you?’

The older Harry had stood long enough, watching his younger self berate his future wife. Before Hermione could stop him, Harry Apparated downstairs and punched his younger self, knocking him to the ground. ‘She’s right, you are a foul git.’

The adults in the room looked mortified, but the younger Harry sat on the floor, his jaw wide open. It was hard to refute if the children were his or not when his virtual double stood in front of him. The younger Harry’s hand immediately went to his scar as the older Harry turned with sad eyes to Ginny. He whispered, ‘I’m so sorry.’

He reached a hand out to her, but the older Hermione Apparated next to him. ‘Bloody brilliant, Harry.’

Ginny jumped back and the younger Hermione fainted on the spot. Ron caught her well before she hit the ground and the older Hermione looked at Ron and said with a smile, ‘Thanks.’

Ron was shaking Hermione gently, trying to get her to come to, while Ginny looked at these two older versions of Harry and Hermione. She took another step back and said, ‘This can’t be real.’

Harry started to say something when Hermione grabbed his arm roughly and turned to Molly. ‘Please, please tell me that potion is done.’

Molly shook her head and said quietly, ‘At least another half hour.’

Hermione groaned while Harry couldn’t stop smiling at Ginny. She continued to back away as the younger Harry finally found his footing and stood up. Hermione looked at all four of them and said to Harry, ‘This is too much; we need to get rid of them.’

She looked apologetically at Ginny and pointed her wand at her. Harry grabbed her arm and said, ‘You are not cursing my wife.’

‘Harry,’ she said in an exasperated tone. ‘I was going to use a stupefy spell on them so they wouldn’t have to see us. And she isn’t your wife. She’s a younger version of her and by the looks of it; she doesn’t believe either of us.’

Ginny was looking at the older Hermione and said, ‘I really get married to Harry?’

The younger Harry pointed his wand at the older version of himself and Hermione, but his older self turned and grinned. With a swish of his wand, the older Harry had two versions of his own wand in his hand. ‘I always thought too much back then.’

He held up both wands and looked at the Weasley parents. ‘This should prove something, how could I have two of the exact same wand?’

Lupin commented, ‘It could take weeks to prove they’re the same.’

Harry sighed. ‘I wish you would believe us.’

His younger self gave him a defiant glare. ‘There’s no way to prove who you are.’

Hermione shook her head, but Harry rolled his eyes in response. ‘I bet you still haven’t told them where you really slept before you got your own room with Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon.’

His younger self balked and stepped back. The older Harry continued, ‘And I bet you never told anyone what address your Hogwarts letter really had on it, did you?’

He took another step away from his double and stood close to Molly and Arthur. ‘This isn’t possible. This isn’t magic, it’s…’

Hermione sighed. ‘Yes, it is. It’s just magic none of us should be using.’

Hermione was slowly coming to on the floor and sat up, her eyes looking at her older self. ‘I’ve never heard of this kind of magic really working.’

Ron helped her to her feet and she eyed her older self strangely. ‘I don’t age well, do I?’

The older Hermione rolled her eyes and shot Harry an irritated look. ‘I don’t want to hear it, Harry.’

Molly said quietly, ‘You could doubly prove yourself now.’

Hermione pursed her lips together and said, ‘Almost anything that happened before I became a witch would count. But if we want something we can all believe, I turned into a half-cat when Harry, Ron and I mis-used Polyjuice Potion our second year.’

The younger Hermione balked and everyone in the room turned to her with surprised expressions. Ginny said, ‘I thought you’d just gotten sick!’

The younger Hermione flushed and Ron and the younger Harry looked more perplexed. The older Harry took another step towards Ginny, though she didn’t recoil. The older Hermione tried to push him back. ‘Harry, I can’t imagine this is a good idea.’

He looked imploringly at Ginny. ‘Merlin, and you think I’m a spoiled git, but just wait until we get older. I promise, I’ll be…I think I treat you so much better.’

He looked as though he were going to go on and Hermione put her hands up. ‘Enough, Harry. They aren’t going to remember this anyway.’

The younger Harry took a step forward. ‘Why not?’

Molly, standing next to him, gave him a slap on the arm. ‘Because you’re finally going to listen to us. Now all of you sit down while this potion is completed. And no more talking.’

She eyed both Harrys warily and pointed at the older one. ‘Especially you…although I’m happy to see you’re love-struck just seeing Ginny, I don’t think someone your age should be making romantic gestures to a girl who is still in school.’

Hermione nodded approvingly. ‘I told you so.’

He glared at her and turned away from Ginny. He gave his younger self a hard glare before leaning against the counter near Molly. Hermione stood near him, both of them watching the reactions on their younger selves. Ron kept eyeing both of them and finally broke the silence, ‘Can I ask a question?’

Both Weasley parents, Lupin and Sirius all stated, ‘No!’

Harry and Hermione shrugged at him and he furrowed his brow, leaning close to the younger Hermione and Harry. Ginny had her eyes trained on the older Harry and he kept his eyes on her as well. Hermione finally stood between them. ‘Stop it, Harry.’

She turned slowly back to Ginny and sighed. ‘He makes it up to you later, but this Harry…’ she pointed at the younger Harry. ‘It’ll take him a while to come around.’

After another hour had passed, the room had grown quiet and anxious. Molly said quietly, ‘I think it’s ready, Hermione?’

The younger version looked up, but realised it was not she being called and sat back, looking absently at the table. The trademark wisps of smoke came off of the cauldron and Hermione nodded at Molly. ‘It’s ready. Should we call the rest of the family here?’

Harry and Hermione both looked eagerly at one another. It would be amazing to see one more face they’d lost during the war, but they knew hoping was all they had. Molly shook her head. ‘Ginny, are your brothers at home?’

She nodded absently at her mother, not looking at anyone in particular. Harry looked at her sadly and Hermione shook her head again. Molly and Arthur conferred and she said, ‘You’ve trusted us, I’m sure you can trust us to get them this potion as well.’

Hermione and Harry exchanged wary glances and Arthur sighed. ‘Perhaps we should call them back as well.’ He looked at both Harry and Hermione and continued, ‘You really needn’t be here for that…unless there is someone you’d like to see.’

The both looked away from him and Molly gasped. ‘One of them…doesn’t make it through this war?’

Hermione shook her head. She started slowly, as if this pained her, ‘Mrs. Weasley, it won’t change things…and we can’t…change things…it could wind up hurting more people instead of less.’

Harry said slowly, ‘There are losses in this war, as you might expect.’ He looked up at Molly and said, ‘If I could have done anything to stop it, I would have.’

Molly looked as though she were going to cry and Ginny got up abruptly and walked out of the room. Hermione and Harry both looked at their younger selves, but neither of them moved. The older Harry shot his younger self an angry look and said, ‘You need to grow up.’

His younger self balked and Hermione called after him as he chased after Ginny, ‘Harry! Don’t do anything foolish!’

Harry bounded down the hallway, leaving Hermione with an uncomfortable situation. He knew where Ginny would go. He bounded around the corner to what would later be their sitting room. She was sitting quietly, her head in her hands. He looked at her sadly and said quietly, ‘I’m so sorry, Ginny.’

‘Who is it?’ she asked, not bothering to hide her tears. ‘Who gets killed?’

He looked at the floor. ‘It doesn’t matter, love. Nothing will change if you know, even for a few hours.’

She ran a hand across her face and laughed. ‘Did you just call me ‘love’?’

He grinned at her and edged into the room, knowing Hermione would kill him if he snogged this younger Ginny. ‘I do it all the time. You grow up to be a beautiful woman, and we have three wonderful children together…it’s what I’ve always dreamed about having…I just wish that prat would get his head out of the clouds.’

Ginny shook her head and laughed. ‘He won’t ever notice me.’

Harry wanted to hold her, to console her, but stood in the doorway, knowing physical contact would be too much for her. ‘You’re wrong. That guy,’ he pointed his thumb out the door, ‘there’s going to be a point where you won’t be able to get rid of him. He loves you…I love you…’

He tried not to look too deranged but she sat back heavily and asked, ‘Who is it?’

He shook his head. ‘I can’t tell you that. I won’t.’

‘Are you always this stubborn?’ she asked.

He laughed. ‘You know it and you love it.’

‘Somehow I doubt that,’ she quipped.

He gestured back to the kitchen. ‘Come on; give a foul git one more chance.’

She shook her head. ‘I want you to tell me.’

He shook his head as she got up slowly. ‘You won’t remember anyway.’

‘Then it won’t matter,’ she countered.

He shook his head and said, ‘Hermione will kill me, and you’ll kill me later tonight when I get home.’

She walked ahead of him, her eyes on the ground and said, ‘You said you loved me, so why won’t you tell me?’

‘I don’t want to upset you,’ he said. ‘That is the last thing I ever want.’

She nodded slowly. ‘That’s what Lily said…she said it was your ‘job’ to make sure I was smiling or something.’

He nodded, willing himself to stay a step behind her. ‘It is…and I take that very seriously. Your happiness is one of my greatest achievements.’

She rolled her eyes and said, ‘Please tell me you get better at sweet-talking me when you get…you are older.’

He sighed and nodded, eyeing his younger self as they walked back into the kitchen. ‘No, it doesn’t get better.’

Fred, George, Charlie and Bill were all present in the kitchen and Hermione gave Harry a nervous look. He walked over to her and she said, ‘Please tell me you didn’t do anything stupid?’

He rolled his eyes. ‘I didn’t snog her, if that’s what you’re asking.’

‘If a man your age snogs a girl that age, that’s just vile…’ She shook her head disapprovingly.

Molly was watching them closely, trying to get a clue as to who it was that would not make it through the battle, but they did not make eye contact with anyone. Molly set the potion on the table and asked, ‘Who’s going to take it first?’

All eyes turned to the older Harry and Hermione and Hermione said quietly, ‘If we take it, we won’t be able to get home.’

Harry said quietly, ‘Let me get Lily and James, we’ll be home before they know it.’

Molly looked horrified and said, ‘That is a powerful potion to give to children.’

Harry sighed. ‘You still don’t believe us, and I don’t blame you, but this should prove something. That’ll I’ll allow my own children, your future grandchildren, to take this should mean we trust you.’

Harry Apparated upstairs, and found James awake and looking around the room curiously. ‘Come on, James, time to go home.’

James got up quickly, slipping into his shoes. Harry lifted Lily up off of the bed, she was fast asleep. He looked at James and said, ‘To make sure you get home safely, your Gran made something for you and your sister.’

James followed his father down the stairs and the room grew quiet again. James headed over to Mrs. Weasley expectantly. She smiled at him and said, ‘Did you get any rest?’

He shook his head. ‘It’s weird, that isn’t my room. That isn’t a room in our house at all. Where are we?’

He looked at his father and Harry had sat down at the table with Lily in his lap. ‘James, just drink the potion please.’ He looked at Ginny slowly and said, ‘Your mother is going to be wondering where we’ve gone off to.’

James gave his father a funny look, not noticing that there were two Harrys in the room. James drank the potion and his eyes drooped almost immediately. Harry gently passed Lily to Hermione and picked James up. James started to nod off as his head hit his father’s shoulder. Molly tipped the potion to Lily’s lips and she drank it, falling back asleep in Hermione’s arms.

The room grew quiet once again and Molly looked at the two children, now very much asleep. ‘I don’t think there’s any reason to delay.’

Hermione shifted Lily in her arms and said, ‘Do you have any phials Harry and I can take with us?’

Sirius gestured towards the cupboard. Arthur emerged with two phials and corks and handed them to his wife. She poured the liquid, still steaming, into the vials. ‘The warmer it is when you drink it, the more potent and fast-acting the sleep will be.’

Harry nodded. ‘Isn’t someone here going to take it? So we know you all take it and don’t remember this horrible little accident?’

The younger Harry gave his older self a glare and said, ‘I’m not taking it.’

The older Harry and Hermione both rolled their eyes in irritation. Harry said, ‘You bloody well are and you’re going to stop being such a spoiled rotten git.’

The younger Harry stood up abruptly. ‘You think I’m a spoiled git, wait till I get to be your age. I won’t make a mess of my life!’

The older Harry stood up slowly, James in his arms. ‘You need to get over this…whatever happened when you watched Cedric die, everything that happens after that; it isn’t going to change anything.’ He softened his tone, ‘Trust me, I know. You have to trust your friends, Ron, Hermione and Ginny are going to get you through this, I promise.’

The younger Harry looked as though he were going to bolt and Ginny reached across the table abruptly. ‘I guess someone has to go first.’

Both the older Harry and Hermione balked as she drained the glass. Without thinking, Harry passed James to Bill, who was standing closet to him. The effects were almost immediate and Ginny started to fall off of her chair. Harry caught her quickly, lifting her gently in his arms. He shook his head and said, ‘You weren’t supposed to drink that much of it…’

He pulled her close in his arms and asked, ‘Which room is Ginny sleeping in?’

Fred gestured to the stairs. ‘I’ll show you, Harry.’

The younger Harry looked startled at the effects of the potion, but the shock was mixed with concern. As Harry shifted Ginny in his arms, he could hear his younger self asking Mrs. Weasley if Ginny would be alright.

Harry and Hermione locked eyes for a moment as he followed Fred down the hallway. Fred opened the door to the room that Harry recognised as the one that Hermione and Ginny had shared that summer. Fred pulled the covers off of the bed and quipped, ‘So this must not be anything new for you now?’

Harry laughed as he gently laid Ginny in the bed. ‘No, but she doesn’t need me to carry her, we’ve got three kids that exhaust the both of us.’

He gently pulled her shoes off, pulling the covers up to her chest. He whispered something to her quietly. It took every ounce of self control for him to get up and leave her side. He looked at Fred as they shut the door. ‘How are things, Fred?’

Fred grinned at him, oblivious of the battle raging within Harry’s head about seeing this ghost. Fred smiled. ‘I think George and I are really making progress with this joke stuff, I know mum doesn’t take us seriously…but it could take off.’

Harry stopped at the foot of the stairs and said, ‘It does, you both make loads of money.’ He glanced at Hermione, who was looking anxious at the end of the hallway. He embraced Fred. ‘Anything that happens, to anyone, I would trade almost anything to stop it.’

He stepped slowly back into the room and could see Ron and George were about to take the potion. His younger self still looked defiant. Hermione had passed Lily to Molly while Harry was gone, having a quick word with her younger self. Harry rolled his eyes and said, ‘We’d best be off then, I think Ginny, as usual, proved something.’

The younger Harry rolled his eyes but the adults in the room nodded. Arthur kissed Lily on the forehead. ‘I didn’t realise how much I’d like to be a grandfather until now.’

Harry tried to compose himself, looking at Sirius, Lupin and Fred. He embraced everyone in the room. He said quietly to Sirius, ‘You were one of the best influences in my life. I never really got to thank you for that.’

Sirius gave him a restrained look. Harry pulled James out of Bill’s arms and waited as Hermione shifted Lily back into her arms. Harry sighed, patting the phial in his cloak. ‘I’m really sorry about all of this; I hope you’re not all going to forget something important.’

Molly and Arthur gave them both a worried look and Arthur said, ‘Everyone will take the potion, it is for the best.’

Harry gave one final look at his younger self before stepping into the grate and pulling the device. In a burst of blue flame, he and James were back in their version of Grimmauld Place. Ginny was sitting at the table and looked up, startled. ‘Since when does our grate have blue flames?’

He smiled at her, relief washing over his features as Ginny, his wife, stood up. She raised her eyebrows as he made no response. She crossed the room and put a hand on James’ forehead. ‘It’s not even eight, is he okay?’

Harry nodded and leaned over, kissing her softly. ‘I missed you.’

She put an arm around his waist and said, ‘Harry, you went to pick the kids up and were gone a few minutes.’

Hermione burst through the grate, her eyes red. Ginny looked between the two of them. ‘What happened? Hermione, are you alright?’

Hermione shook her head. ‘I’m going to put Lily to bed.’

‘Wait!’ Ginny called out. ‘What have you two been up to? What are you both holding? I thought you said those didn’t work.’

Hermione looked at the device in her hand and said, ‘We walked into a bit of a nightmare…’

She hurried down the hallway and Ginny turned her gaze to Harry. He sighed and relented, ‘Can I at least get James in bed before you read me the riot act?’

She rolled her eyes. ‘You’re lucky Al’s down too, or else you’d have more to deal with.’

They headed up the stairs and found Hermione in Lily’s bedroom. Hermione was picking up Lily’s favourite orange dragon which Charlie had given her. Lily wrapped her arms around it as Hermione shut the door. Ginny ignored Harry long enough to confront Hermione for a few moments. Harry set his son down and kissed him before leaving his room. Hermione had her hand over her eyes and looked up at Harry. ‘I don’t think we should upset anyone else tonight.’

Harry tapped the phial and looked at Ginny. ‘We can share.’

Hermione shook her head. ‘I just want to go on the record as having said this was a bad idea.’

He rolled his eyes. ‘We won’t remember that record tomorrow.’

She sighed and said, ‘I just want to go home. Harry, you can tell Ginny whatever you like.’

Ginny looked at Hermione imploringly, grabbing her arm. ‘Are you okay?’

Harry handed her the device and she nodded slowly. Hermione hugged Ginny and said, ‘Fine, I just need to get some rest. I’ll see you tomorrow, maybe.’

With that she left and Ginny started to head back downstairs. Harry caught her arm and pulled her back. ‘Why don’t we get in bed?’

‘Harry, its not even eight.’ She rolled her eyes and continued, ‘I expect you to tell me what you two were up to, not shag me.’

He chuckled. ‘Although that crossed my mind, once I tell you what we were up to, we’ll need to take a memory potion, and it’ll make us sleep.’

She furrowed her brow. ‘Who made it?’

‘Your mum,’ he answered honestly.

She raised her eyebrows. ‘You couldn’t have Flooed to Romania…where did you two go?’

He led her down the hallway and said, ‘Ginny, have I ever told you how much I love you?’

She rolled her eyes and sat on the bed. ‘Every day, but I don’t get tired of hearing it.’

He leaned close to her and kissed her softly, his fingers running through her hair. ‘I am so lucky to have you.’

He leaned back heavily on their bed, kicking his shoes off. He had dropped his cloak on the floor and Ginny was already somewhat dressed for bed. He pulled her into his arms and said, ‘Our children are just as adventurous as we once were. They did something I wish I didn’t have to forget, but it’s for the best.’

They talked quietly into the night until Harry had finally gone over the events that had happened that night. With the greatest reluctance, he poured half the phial into one tea cup and half into another. He looked at Ginny, tears still littering her face. They both drank the tea quickly and Harry smiled at her as they settled down to sleep the strange events away into a dream.
Reviews 28
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear