Search:

SIYE Time:4:07 on 19th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


You and Me, Anytime, Anywhere
By MarauderWannabe

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: Mild Language
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 5
Summary: A blast from the future sends Ginny and Harry into a conflict that might change things between them. A short H/G one-shot originally written for the Twin Travel Challenge, but it takes place after HBP which is against the rules. Rated PG-13 for language, just to be safe.
Hitcount: Story Total: 5795



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
I wrote this for the Twin Travel challenge, until I realized that the stories were supposed to take place after GoF, not after HBP. This plot bunny refused to die though, so this is the product. Hope you enjoy!

~kel




ChapterPrinter


The longer Harry stayed at the Burrow, the harder it was going to be.

Ginny couldn’t believe how he could just ignore her like he was. It was as if she wasn’t even in the room. He was just staring at the food on his plate as he shoveled it in a Ron-like fashion into his open mouth. The only time he looked up was if someone, other than her obviously, asked him a direct question.

The rest of the table was bubbling with conversation; even with the war going on, talk of the wedding that had taken place only a few nights ago was the main discussion. Forks clattering against plates and easy conversation filled the air.

Ginny just played with her peas. She rolled them around, absentmindedly. Her mind was on other things. Ginny thought to herself. She stabbed a pea with her fork, before stabbing another and another in a rather violent manner. Hermione, who was sitting next to her, nudged her quietly with her elbow.

“What?” Ginny said.

“What did those peas ever do to you?” Hermione asked, gesturing toward Ginny’s massacred peas.

“Nothing,” Ginny replied tensely, pushing her chair back, staring blatantly at Harry, which he didn’t reciprocate. She scowled as she left the loud kitchen, turning up the stairs and into her room.

***


“Are you even going to ask what is wrong with her, Harry?” Hermione said in a somewhat hushed tone.

“With who?” Harry asked, playing with his peas.

“Really Harry? Are you seriously going to pretend that there is nothing going on there? Are you saying that you haven’t noticed how she has been acting ever since you got here?”

“What are you guys talking about?” Ron interrupted. “Hey, are you going to eat those?” he mentioned, gesturing to Harry’s plate of leftover food.

“Nothing, absolutely nothing,” Hermione answered, turning back to her own food. None of the trio noticed when Arthur Weasley left the table, venturing outside of the kitchen when he heard people talking.

***


“Gra ndpa!” two voices screamed at Arthur Weasley. Sooner than he thought possible two blurs, one red and one black, came flying towards him, wrapping their arms around him.

“It was all James’s fault Grandpa! I swear! I mean, I’m your little Lily. I wouldn’t do something like this. I’m not that dumb!” the little redheaded girl told him, glaring at the black-haired boy.

“No it wasn’t! Don’t let her lie Grandpa! She was the one that wanted to go find out how to get into Dad’s office! She was the one that touched it!” the black-haired boy called James reciprocated.

Arthur looked at them dumbstruck.

At that moment, Harry came out of the kitchen, swinging the door wide open as he went. As soon as the two young children saw him, James flew over to Harry, running into his path.

“Don’t believe a word she says Dad! She’s lying!”

“What?” Harry asked, dumbfounded.

“I’m not lying! It’s your fault!” Lily yelled back.

“Is not!”

“Is too!”

“Is not!”

“Is too!”

“What is everyone yelling about?” Ginny asked as she came down the stairs.

“Mum! It’s not true! Whatever James says is not true!” Lily screamed as she ran towards Ginny.

Ginny and Harry just looked at each other, as Arthur still stared at the two young children, and then to Harry and Ginny.

“Did you just call me Mum?” Ginny asked Lily.

“Duh, you are! Geez Mum, what’s wrong with you?” James replied. “And he’s Dad. Remember?”

Ginny and Harry exchanged even more significant glances while James and Lily giggled.

Well this isn’t exactly why I wanted Harry to be noticing me Ginny thought, staring down at the adorable little girl staring up at her. Well, at least she has Harry’s eyes.

“Harry, Ginny, why don’t you bring these two upstairs to Ginny’s room?” Arthur suggested. “I’ll go try and explain to Molly what is going on.”

He went and whispered in Ginny’s ear, “And try and figure out what exactly I’m supposed to be telling her.”

Ginny nodded as she took Lily’s hand in her own and gestured for Harry to do the same with James

All Harry could think as he took this small boy’s hand somewhat awkwardly, What the hell is going on?

***


Harry just sat and watched as James and Lily sat there, playing absentmindedly with Ginny’s broomstick and Ron’s Quidditch balls, admiring the Golden Snitch.

Ginny broke the silence.

“Um, James, Lily, how did you two get here?”

James looked up and responded, “Well, we were walking around Potter Manor and we found this door that we had never seen before on the third floor. Lily said that we should try and get in. We finally figured out the password-“

“Ginny? I mean honestly Dad, couldn’t be a bit more creative?” replied Lily.

Harry blushed at his future self as James continued.

“Once we got in, we started looking through all the stuff in there. There were all these things in the cabinets. There was an old cup, a diary, and some weird ring! Just junk basically.”

“But then we saw this weird, hourglass looking thing, see,” Lily said, pulling what looked remarkably like a Time-Turner to Harry out of her pocket.

“So, me and Lily both touched it as she started to turn it around in circles. We started to see all these colors whirl by us. All I could think of was I wanted you guys.”

“Next, think we know, we were sitting inside of Grandma and Grandpa’s house,” Lily finished.

“Mum, Dad, what’s going on? Where are we?” James asked.

“You’re in the past. It’s 1997. You must have gotten sent back in time,” Ginny explained cautiously.

“Wow,” James and Lily answered in awe.

“Cool,” James replied.

“Hey Harry,” Ginny said, finally gaining the courage. “Don’t you think we should talk? You know, alone?”

Harry snapped out of his daze, glancing at Ginny, “About what?”

Ginny just looked away, “Nothing Harry, about nothing.”

“No really,” Harry said, seemingly interested. “What do you want to talk about?”

“Harry, are you really that blind? I thought you were smarter than that.”

Ginny stood up from where she was sitting and exited her room, Harry stood up and followed, telling James and Lily they would be right back.

“Wonder where they are going?” James asked Lily.

***


“Ginny, stop.”

Ginny stopped but didn’t turn around. “What?”

“You said you wanted to talk, so let’s talk,” Harry replied.

Ginny turned around, walking back towards him.

“I don’t want to talk, I just think we should! I mean look at those kids Harry! Look at what they are calling us! Do you have any idea what this means?”

“What is it supposed to mean? That we get married Gin? That we live happily ever after? Do you honestly think that’s going to happen?” Harry answered angrily.

“Why not Harry? Would that be so bad? Marrying me? Having kids?” Ginny retorted, crossing her arms.

“That’s not what I meant.”

“Then what was it supposed to mean?” Ginny asked, exasperated.

“It means, in order for them to be alive, I have to live.”

“Yes,” Ginny prompted.

“It means I survive or it means that Voldemort is still out there in ten or fifteen years!”

“That won’t happen,” Ginny answered, standing closer to Harry.

“Oh, thanks for the faith Gin, like I didn’t already know that I might not win. But at least I know I have you behind me,” Harry bit sarcastically.

“That isn’t what I meant!”

“Oh, here we go again.”

“Harry, you know I believe in you! All this proves is that you survive. I survive, Mum and Dad survive. We all make it. You and I, we are together again, just like you told me we would. WE have a life after this war, there’s a light at the end of the tunnel. Why can’t you just accept it? We can be together Harry! You and me, anytime anywhere.”

“Ginny, not this again.”

“Not what again Harry?” she asked simply.

“Not this whole, ‘I’m coming with you’ rubbish. You aren’t coming with. We don’t know if you came with or not and we both survived. Maybe, you didn’t come and that’s why you lived. This doesn’t change a thing. You’re still not coming.”

“Why the hell not Harry?”

“Because you’re not getting hurt because of me. I know you Ginny, I know how strong you are, and that’s why you’re not coming. You would risk your life to save me, or Ron, or Hermione, because that’s the person you are. And it may be selfish, but I’m not going to take that risk. No, I’m not going to let you take that risk.”

“But Harry, it’s MY decision. You shouldn’t have a say in the matter at all!” Now Ginny was getting angry. He was bringing her safety into this.

“Yes, I should!” Harry replied, just as angry as he stared down at her.

“Why? Why should you have a say in what I do?” Ginny replied, her eyes smoldering as she glared up at Harry’s green ones.

“Because I love you, dammit! And I am not going to lose you like that. I’m just not,” Harry finished with finality as he turned around, walking down the stairs.

Ginny just sank down to the floor, her back against the wall.

***


Harry quickly explained to the other Weasleys how the two small children had arrived at the Burrow. They all concluded that the simplest way to get them back would be to use the Time-Turner. It worked one way, and then it required no Ministry interference.

“Do you want us to come with you?” Hermione asked Harry after he had told the group that he would go send them back.

“No, I’ll be fine,” Harry assured them as he ascended the stairs. He walked into Ginny’s room to find the two children sitting there playing with the broomstick still. He walked over and sat on the ground next to them.

“So,” Harry began awkwardly, “Do you guys like Quidditch and all? I mean, in the future, do I teach you?”

“Of course, Dad! I mean, I think you started teaching is us before we could walk,” James answered. “Even Lily is pretty decent at it, but I’ve never seen a broom like this before, it’s weird to see one like this. I mean, I didn’t even know they had a brand of broom like this!”

Lily sat, bewildered by the Golden Snitch, Harry noticed and asked, as if by instinct, “So, Lily, are you a Seeker?”

“Well, no, I mean, yeah, but I’m not very good. I don’t have the arm to be a chaser like Mum, so I figured…well,” Lily stumbled.

“Well, I was, I mean I am, a Seeker. I could give you some pointers. You know, if you ask me when you get back…”

Ginny walked in and closed the door behind her. She saw Harry talking animatedly with Lily and James and Ginny couldn’t help but smile. It just looked, well, right.

Ginny coughed and Harry turned around.

“Oh, um, Gin, we have to send them back now,” Harry told her once he broke her glance from the two children.

She nodded solemnly as she stood up and walked over to the two of them. They both kneeled next to them.

“It’s time for you to go back now,” Ginny said with a smile as she took the Time-Turner from Lily, placing the chain around both of their necks.

“Will you be where we are going?” Lily asked, looking at Harry.

“Of course we will,” he said reassuringly as he stared at his two future children.

“Now, what year is it where you came from?” Ginny asked them.

“2015, of course,” James answered as if it were the easiest question in the world.

Ginny leaned forward and kissed both of them on the forehead.

“Goodbye, James and Lily,” she said affectionately.

“Yeah, ‘bye you two,” Harry said, love coming out of nowhere for these children.

Ginny instructed Lily on how to turn the Time-Turner the correct number of times, and both watched as the two small children disappeared before their eyes.

Both Harry and Ginny stood up.

Ginny slapped Harry. Hard.

“What the hell was that?”

“Um, excuse me?” Harry answered questioningly.

“ ‘Because I love you dammit’?” Ginny quoted angrily.

“Oh…Listen Gin, I didn’t-“

“You didn’t what? You didn’t mean it?” Ginny said, through a sarcastic, teary, smile.

“Of course I meant it,” Harry answered exasperated.

“Well, when most guys tell a girl that they LOVE them, they stick around for an answer! A response!”

“Listen, Ginny, I-“Harry began but was cut-off by Ginny’s lips on his.

The sweet taste of her filled him as he tried to regain consciousness of what was going on. She had her small hands in his unruly hair as she stood on her tiptoes to reach his lips. The kiss was gentle and loving. All Harry could think about was Ginny, Ginny, and more Ginny. The kiss ended too quickly for Harry and Ginny looked up deep into his eyes.

“Well, At least we got one thing out of this whole experience,” Ginny said, as she leaned her head against his chest.

“What?” Harry asked, seriously confused.

“Now you know that I love you,” Ginny stated matter-of-factly.

Harry smiled a big one and covered her mouth with his.
Reviews 5
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear