Search:

SIYE Time:0:11 on 18th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


It Was Your Heart
By hgromance

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:All
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: Mild Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 8
Summary: It takes a negative for Harry realize he has a lot of positives in his life.
Hitcount: Story Total: 5291



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
This is a one shot that I've been wanting to do for a while now. The rating is mainly because of the part of OOTP in which this story derives from. The warning is only because of a kiss that is shared, just wanted to cover my bases.




ChapterPrinter


It Was Your Heart

The screams were horrifying. They echoed off the walls and were multiplied exponentially. They sounded half-human, half-animal, but full of agonizing pain. Ginny ran towards those screams, fearful of what she would find. She burst into the atrium with Hermione, Ron, Neville, and Luna on her heels. What she saw in the middle of the room made her blood run cold. None of the rooms’ destruction registered. Only the sight of Harry on the ground, with Dumbledore leaning over him, had her attention. No! Harry!

Harry, body rigid from the pain, let loose another torturous scream, this time weaker than the others. He thrashed and jerked as if trying to break free from an unseen bond, to no avail. He rolled onto his side. His whole body twitched and ached. He just wanted it to stop. He gazed, unseeing, in the direction of the others, lost in the visions replaying in his mind.

Ginny couldn’t stand to see Harry this way. Why wouldn’t Dumbledore do something? She was half-way to them when Dumbledore held up a hand to stop her.

“Stay where you are, Miss Weasley,” he ordered. “Voldemort is in control. This is one battle Harry must win on his own.”

Despite the warning, Ginny continued to walk towards Harry. When she reached his side, she dropped to her knees, as well. She looked down at Harry’s trembling body. He was loosing the battle, she could see it in his eyes, could hear it in his ever weakening cries of pain. She tentatively reached out and touched the hand closest to her.

“Don’t give up, Harry,” she begged. “Please, don’t give up. We need you.”

Harry moaned again and closed his eyes. Why won’t someone just end it? Please, just make the pain go away.

Pleading wasn’t helping, so Ginny decided to take a different tact. She cleared her throat, brought her emotions under control, and in as firm a voice as she could muster, she spoke.

“The Harry I know wouldn’t give up. He’d fight until his last breath. There’s no way he’d ever let–Voldemort–win. The Harry I know is much too good, too noble, too caring to allow that to happen.”

As she spoke, something inside Harry changed. Instead of visions of death and destruction, his mind showed him scenes of joy and happiness. Instead of Sirius dying, he saw Sirius alive and well. Instead of that night at the graveyard, he saw himself with the Weasleys and Hermione at the World Cup. He saw the DA and all the accomplishments they had achieved. Most of all, he saw his friends, sticking by him through it all. It was this that brought Harry back to himself.


“Tom Riddle,” gasped Harry. “You have never known love or friendship. You’ll never understand what those words mean and for that, I am sorry.”

Suddenly, Harry twisted away from Ginny, in agony once more. His screams filled the room and the echoes bombarded those within earshot. An eery, black mist exited Harry’s body and disappeared.

“You did it, Harry,” whispered Ginny through her tears.

“We did it,” replied Harry, hoarsely, then closed his eyes and fell into oblivion.

When he next woke up, he found himself in the hospital ward at school. Ron and Hermione were standing at the foot of his bed having a whispered argument. He fumbled around for his glasses, which caught the attention of his two best friends.

“Harry! How are you feeling?”

“Pretty sure, I’ve felt better, Hermione.”

“You really had us worried, Harry. You ever do that again, I’ll have to hurt you.”

“Thanks, Ron.”

The door to the hospital wing opened and in walked Ginny. She saw Harry was awake and immediately froze. Harry looked over and smiled. Ginny, too, smiled. Another bond had formed between them. They could feel it in their hearts, their souls. A bond Harry wanted to explore further.

Hermione looked from one to the other, then cleared her throat.

“Ron, why don’t we go down to the kitchen? I’m feeling a bit hungry.”

“Okay. We’ll be back soon, Harry.”

Ginny approached Harry’s bed hesitantly. She wasn’t sure what to say to him after their shared experience at the Ministry.

Harry met her eyes, then looked away, slightly embarrassed. This was going to be very difficult to say. He’d never been good with expressing his feelings, but he knew it had to be said, now, while he still had the courage to say it.

“Ginny, sit down, please.” Harry scooted over to make room on the bed next to him. “I want to thank you. I was very close to giving up, but somehow I think you knew that. If you hadn’t said what you had, I wouldn’t be here now.”

“Harry, you just needed a bit reminding. That’s all. You did all the work. Guess we’re even now.”

Just do it, Potter. You know you want to and this may be your only chance. Taking a deep breath, he took her hand and gave it a tug, hard enough to bring her face to within a couple inches of his.

“Yeah, even,” he whispered. Then he closed his eyes and bridged the gap between their mouths.

It was a kiss filled with uncertainty, at first. Soon, it became more than a mere meeting of lips. Mouths opened and rubbed against each other gently. Lost in the kiss, Harry ran a hand through her hair. It was as if someone had put a spell on time to slow it down or stop it entirely. Harry didn’t want to stop kissing her, but he needed air, so he pulled back slightly. The sound of their breathing the only sound heard in the room.

“It took Voldemort, then you, to make me realize what I had and what I would be missing if I just gave up.”

“Yeah, bet it put his knickers in a twist, to know that he’d been beaten by you. AGAIN.”

Harry could only laugh. She was good at that, making him laugh. She was good at a lot of things, but mainly she just made him feel whole. The sun was a bit brighter, the clouds weren’t as dark, the future wasn’t so bleak when Ginny was by his side. He vowed he’d never take her for granted again.
Reviews 8
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear