Search:

SIYE Time:5:07 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Can't Sleep... Without You.
By G and H

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:None
Genres: Angst, Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 3
Summary: ONE SHOT... He can't sleep, he finds himself in front of her bed watching her sleep, wondering if he made the right choice.
Hitcount: Story Total: 7239



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
Characters and the Wizarding world belong to JK Rowling. Hope you like this one... my first official story. it's one I thought up one night when I couldn't sleep.




ChapterPrinter


He slowly walks into her room and watches her sleep, she lies there unknowingly watched. He lays a hand on her shoulder and softly smiles down on her. She stirs from the touch and opens her eyes to see his dark misty green eyes. "I can't sleep... had a nightmare," he says. She nods and slides over for him to lay down next to her, he slips under the light blue covers next to her, "Thank you," he mumbles sleepily. She lays her head down on his bare chest and closes her eyes whispering "I missed you," then falls asleep. He slides his hands through her fire red hair before falling asleep with a small smile on his face.

The wind was loud against the windows this night and again he found himself staring at her. He leans down and kisses her cheek, she opens her eyes. "I can't sleep," he says, "Nightmare?" She ask, "No, the wind is keeping me up." She smiles tiredly and scoots over, letting him in her small, but comfortable bed. She, again, lays her head on his bare chest listening to his heart beat. He slides his hands through her silky red hair, they don't sleep right away this night. Silently they both just listen to the wind and each others breathing, he listens to her breath on his chest while she drew circles on his bare chest.

He wakes in a sweat like most other nights, but this was not a nightmare... it was her. He walks into her room for a third night in a row, but this time she is not asleep. She lays awake watching him walk in the room and she asks, "nightmare?" He shakes his head no and simply says, "You." He walks up to her and kneels looking into her lovely brown eyes, he leans close and kissers he lightly on her soft lips. She pulls back and slides over for him, he slides onto her bed and lays down pulling her close to him. She lies her head on his bare chest like she had the past two nights and whispers, "Can't sleep... without you."

She sits on her bed as her door opens again like it had the past three nights, "Nightmare?" She asks with a small smile knowing very well that a nightmare had not brought him here to her room tonight. "No, I just can't sleep," she stands up and walks over to him laying both hands on his bare chest. "You need me... I need you. You are always welcome to join me in bed Harry." She smiles softly up at him and he nods, "Thank you... I just can't sleep without you Ginny." He kisses her perfect light red lips and leads her to the bed. Laying her head on his bare chest she thinks about what the future may hold for them after the up coming year. Before drifting off to sleep she hears him whisper softly, "My Ginny.. I won't sleep without you."

The next morning Ginny awakes in Harry's arms still lying on his bare chest, looking around at the clock on her wall she sees eight o'clock and jumps. "Harry wake up, mum has been up for two hours! She could walk in any..." She stops looking up seeing her mother standing in the door way, her arms crossed in front of her chest. "Down stairs, living room, both, NOW!" She walks out leaving a shocked Ginny and Harry jump out of bed and walk down the stairs feeling like death awaited them. They sit on the couch waiting for Mrs. Weasley, and most likely Mr. Weasley as well, "Gin... I'm sorry about this," Harry says with a sad look. "Harry... it's okay, I wanted you there, it's my fault too."

They smile at each other and watch as Mr. and Mrs. Weasley walked down the stairs. "What were you doing sleeping in the same bed! It's NOT right for you to be in the same bed, not appropriate for a witch to be sleeping with a boy at your age!" Mrs. Weasley was rambling on with an fierce look on her face, while Mr. Weasley just stood there watching his wife yell at the two youngest members of the family. He had come to know Harry as his own son now and that would make him his second youngest child now. "MUM! We weren't doing anything wrong! Harry was just having a nightmare and came to me, I... I make him sleep better and he makes me sleep better too,"

Ginny had finally got her say in and looked at her mother hoping she had made her understand. Mrs. Weasley looked shocked at those words, "So... you... you haven't done anything in bed?" She looked a bit relieved hearing her daughter tell her they were just making each other sleep better and nothing was going on. Ginny looked at Harry, "Mum, we were going out, but... but Harry decided to wait until Voldemort was gone. He's being a noble GIT," Ginny told her mother while watching Harry look down sheepishly. "I.. I love him, but I'll wait if I have too though," she smiled as she said this. Harry looked up at her and whispered, "But I don't want to wait anymore... I love you Ginny, I love your eyes, your lips, your hair, your smooth face... I just love all of you." Ginny smiled with tears in her eyes, "No waiting till it's over Gin, I want to stay together through everything that may happen this year... I'm going back to school." He moved closer to her lifting her head and kissing her with more passion than he had any other time they had kissed. "Remember Harry... You can't sleep... without me." Harry smiles at her words and sighs while he hugs her tightly to him, "I'll be there every night, I promise you that," he whispers in her ear, "you are definitely right... I can't sleep without you."
Reviews 3
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear