Search:

SIYE Time:13:14 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


From End to Beginning
By Emmaw

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/AB
Characters:All
Genres: General
Warnings: Mild Sexual Situations
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 3
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated in over 2 years ***

*** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated in over 2 years ***

The story begins where Deathly Hallows ended. The story will end at the beginning of the epilogue. What happens in between? You'll just have to read it to find out. Please read and review. Thanks. Update should be soon.
Hitcount: Story Total: 3316



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
This is my first fic, so try not to be too harsh.




ChapterPrinter


[Excerpt from the Deathly Hallows]
[“I’m putting the Elder Wand,” he told Dumbledore, who was watching him with enormous affection and admiration, “back where it came from. It can stay there. If I die a natural death like Ignotus, its power will be broken, won’t it? The previous master will never have been defeated. That’ll be the end of it.”

Dumbledore nodded. They smiled at each other.

“Are you sure?” said Ron. There was the faintest trace of longing in his voice as he looked at the Elder Wand.

“I think Harry’s right,” said Hermione quietly.

“That wand’s more trouble than it’s worth,” said Harry. “And quite honestly,” he turned away from the painted portraits, thinking now only of the four-poster bed lying waiting for him in Gryffindor Tower, and wondering whether Kreacher might bring him a sandwich there, “I’ve had enough trouble for a lifetime.][End of excerpt] All of us have.”

Hermione nodded, walking up to Harry, embracing him in a comforting hug. Ron soon joined and the three of them stood there, embracing each other in a moment of peace. The first peaceful moment they had had in months.

They broke apart, a smile creeping its way onto Ron’s face. “It’s really over then, you did it Harry.”

“We did it,” Harry corrected him, returning the smile warmly. He was content with the world for the first time in his life and his two best friends were here to enjoy this moment with him. “What will we do with ourselves now?” Harry asked playfully.

Ron and Hermione laughed. It was the first laugh he’d heard in ages and it was all he wanted to hear. “I think I’ll spend my time arguing with a certain red-haired boy,” Hermione joked, flashing Ron an almost un-Hermione like look. “And I’ll be enjoying every second of it.”

Ron replied, “Yeah, that sounds good to me, but I think I’ll enjoy the part where we make it up to each other the most.” Hermione nodded in agreement and Harry could clearly see that Ron and Hermione were going to make a great couple. He was just glad that they could finally see it themselves.

“What are your plans Harry?” Ron asked to make Harry feel like he wasn’t being left out. Ron and Hermione clearly wanted to spend their time alone together but they’d always be Harry’s best friends.

“Me?” Harry wondered aloud. He considered what he wanted to do, but quickly came to a decision. “Ginny, I want to spend my time with Ginny,” he answered truthfully. That was honestly all he wanted to do at the moment but he knew Ginny would want to be with her mother and family because of… His face went completely blank, all happiness gone. As suddenly as the happy moment had come, it had vanished, no trace of it left.

Fred, Moony, Tonks, and all of the others that had died in the battle returned to his memory and broke the dream like state he was enjoying. It turned into a hellish sort of nightmare that was sure to last days, weeks, even months. Funeral after funeral was soon to come and it was going to be almost unbearable to see some of his closest friends, friends close enough to consider family, lying motionless in their coffins.

He’d never get to see them, talk to them, laugh with them, or even cry with them again. The people closest to him always seemed to be the ones to go and it wasn’t fair. It struck him with more force than the killing curse he had just endured hours ago.

“Harry, what’s wrong?” Hermione asked taken aback by his sudden change of emotion. She placed a hand on his shoulder looking him in the eyes. He stared blankly back into Hermione’s. Knowingly she said, “It’s not your fault you know. We all knew what we were getting into from the beginni-”

And as if the sudden sadness had triggered it, Harry’s body surged with pain causing him to flinch quite noticeably. His head was throbbing, and the wounds from the battle were burning. The physical pain mixed with the mental exhaustion he had been fighting back overtook him and he passed out, Ron barely able to catch him before he could hit the hard stone floor.

--

Harry woke from a dreamless sleep to a delightful scent that seemed all too familiar. The curtains of his four-poster bed were closed around him. He could tell the sun was up because of the faint red glow being cast across his sheets. The first thing he noticed was that the pain was gone and his wounds were patched up; Madam Pomfrey was surely the cause of that.

The second thing he noticed was that he wasn’t alone in his bed. That was when he realized exactly what the smell was. Ginny was lying across his chest, her head tucked just under his chin. Harry stroked her long red hair. She still wanted him after he had left her. He couldn’t have been happier.

Ginny slowly raised her head to look at Harry. “Hey,” she said simply.

“Gin, I…” Harry tried to explain everything he was feeling. He wanted to tell her how much she meant to him, how stupid he had been. He wanted to know everything that she had been doing while he was gone and he wanted to tell her what he had been doing all along. But she obviously wasn’t going to have it.

“Not now Harry, you just need to rest,” she told him before climbing out of the bed, “we have all the time in the world, just rest.”
He lay there for hours before falling back to sleep. But as he slept, he dreamt about Ginny and himself enjoying a picnic down by the lake just outside of Hogwarts.

--

The next time he woke, the four-poster curtains were drawn back and sunlight was pouring into the room. Harry grabbed for his glasses, which he found to be in perfect condition. He took in his surroundings. He was glad to see that either a Weasley or a fellow Gryffindor occupied every bed.

Silently, he crept out of bed, gathering up his clothes as he walked to the showers. He took a long shower, scrubbing away at the scars he had obtained. His body was almost completely healed. Exactly how long had he been sleeping?

The common room was empty and he was disappointed to see that Kreacher hadn’t brought him a sandwich. Harry made his way down to the Great Hall, but quickly turned around at the sight of weeping families. He tried to clear his mind, just for the time being, of everyone who had died. He instead directed his path to the kitchens.

He tickled the pear and entered expecting to see Dobby… A tear slipped down his cheek at the memory of Dobby’s death. Instead of Dobby, Kreacher served him eggs and toast with orange juice. He had to admit, the food was delicious… It was just the sight of all the cheery little house elves that made him sick. He had to leave.

He entered the common room and this time he found Mrs. Weasley, Hermione, and George awake and sitting around the fire.

“Oh there you are Harry! We were all so worried,” Mrs. Weasley said as she stood and hugged Harry tightly. Her tear stained face didn’t have its usual cheery look. She had a fake smile on her face, one he wasn’t used to seeing.

Harry didn’t know what to say to her. One of her sons was dead, what were you supposed to say? He panicked and blurted out the first thing that came to his mind. “I’m sorry.”

“Oh, but for what dear?” Mrs. Weasley asked a look of concern dawning on her face.

“Well… For Fre-“ Harry began but was cut off.

“Don’t you worry about it, it wasn’t anyone’s fault except for those damned Death Eaters,” she choked out as a fresh wave of tears started streaming down her face. George quickly came to comfort her. This had taken such a toll on the Weasleys. Harry could barely stand it. Why did the nicest family he knew, his family even, have to lose a member? It just wasn’t fair, nothing about the war was.

Once again he was lost for words. Luckily, Hermione saved him. She nodded for him to follow her and they left the common room. He followed her silently out to the grounds where a large group of people were congregated.

Harry could tell it was a funeral. Everyone was wearing black robes and a few were crying hysterically.

“They’re burying everyone who died here on the grounds,” Hermione said, breaking the silence, “Lupin and Tonks are having their funeral at noon.”

Harry stared down at the ground. He knew he wasn’t going to be able to hold back his emotions forever. But for now he would.
Reviews 3
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear