Search:

SIYE Time:12:04 on 18th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Darkness Rising
By hgromance

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP, Alternate Universe
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, James Potter, Lily Potter, Luna Lovegood, Minerva McGonagall, Other
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance
Warnings: Death, Disturbing Imagery, Intimate Sexual Situations, Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: R
Reviews: 245
Summary: ON HIATUS FOR NOW. Sequel to Innocence Lost. Read that one first. Harry's fifth year. More surprises are in store for Harry and company. Harry has to learn how to handle an evil teacher, an evil wizard who wants him dead. He finds the answers to why he and Ginny can practically feel the others' emotions. Oh, and Harry's parents are alive? He has a sister?
Hitcount: Story Total: 108169; Chapter Total: 4668





Author's Notes:
A bit of tissue warning for the first part of this.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 16



"Okay, I need all of you out," Madam Pomfrey declared. "It's supper time. Go and take a break. I don't care if you eat or not, but you can't stay here all the time. At least take an hour. Come back before an hour is up and I'll forbid you to come in here again."

Ginny refused to budge, as did Lily. Pomfrey conceded defeat on that quarter but held her ground against everyone else. They continued to bathe Harry as best they could through all his movements. Severus and Pomona continued to search for what poison had been used.

An hour later, everyone minus Dumbledore, returned to the ward. Harry had been raving about more of his time with the Dursleys and his so-called punishments. They returned in time to see Harry suddenly begin flailing about and shouting as best as his fractured voice could.

"NO! GINNY! How could he get to her? She was supposed to be safe! You were supposed to be safe!"

He turned frantic, unseeing eyes to Ginny, tears that he would never have shed in public, coursed unchecked down his cheeks.

"School is supposed to be safe. How did he get you? I'm so sorry, Ginny. I couldn't save you. He killed you because of me. It's all my fault. I couldn't get to you, I couldn't save you. I was supposed to protect you and I failed. I failed you, Gin. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, I'm sorry. I wasn't there when she needed me. I don't deserve your love anymore."

Harry turned his hands palms up and a horrified look crossed his features as he studied them. Then he began wiping them on himself as if trying to get rid of whatever he saw on them.

"No. Not you, too. Mrs. Weasley? Mr. Weasley? No, you can't be dead. Ron? Fred? George? No. No. Percy? Bill? Charlie? No. None of you can be dead. You can't be. Hermione? You, too? No, no, no, no. Sirius? Remus? Mum? Dad? Oh, God, Cherish. I'm sorry. Sorry. So sorry. I wasn't the big brother I was supposed to be. I was supposed to watch out for you. I failed you, too. I failed everyone. I failed. I'm sorry. I just want to die. I can't live without Ginny. There's nothing for me now. Please just let me die and be with her. Please let me die now. Please..."

Without warning, Harry began convulsing. Pomfrey banished the water and basins and waved her wand over him again. She tapped his throat to force him to swallow any pooled saliva to prevent him choking. Struggling to keep him from hurting himself, she turned to Ginny, who had frozen in fear.

"Talk to him, Ginny. He needs to hear your voice right now. It doesn't matter what you say, just say something. He thinks you're dead and is trying to give up and it's warring with his magical core which is trying to keep him alive."

"Harry!" Ginny spoke sternly through her tears. "Harry, listen to me. I'm alive, do you hear me? I'm alive so you'd better not do this. You'd better not give up. The Harry I know would never give up during a fight. The Harry I love is no coward."

As suddenly as the convulsions started, they stopped and Harry went limp. He gave no indication of being aware of anything going on around him. In fact, he appeared to be in a deep sleep.

"NO! What happened?" Ginny cried, panicking. "Oh, God. I can't feel him! I can't feel him anymore! I can't feel him. He's not there!"

She raised her hand to her heart and rubbed at the spot as if trying to rub away the barrier keeping her from Harry.

"What do you mean, you can't feel him anymore?" asked an alarmed Lily.

"His emotions! They're gone! I can't feel them. I can't feel him. What's happening?"

"I'm afraid Harry's gone into a coma. That's probably why you can't feel him, Ginny. A coma is a deep sleep that the mind uses when it needs to retreat from something and it suppresses feelings or awareness of surroundings. I don't know if this is a symptom of his poisoning or a by-product of it. I can't even tell you how long it will last. What I can suggest, however, is that you all continue talking to him. If he can hear you at all, it may help to bring him back."

++++

The days that followed saw everyone taking shifts to sit and talk to Harry, though he never gave any indication of hearing them. The one constant was Ginny. She absolutely would not leave him, no matter how much anyone begged her.

"Have they figured out what was used yet?" asked Hermione gently.

"No," Ginny wouldn't look anywhere but at Harry. "They say they've been through their texts and can't find anything that matches all the symptoms." Tears clouded her eyes again. "It's been two days, Hermione. What if they never figure it out? I hate seeing him like this. I hate not being able to feel him."

"Of course, they'll figure it out. Then he'll be back to normal. You just wait and see."

A small commotion from the nurse's office grabbed their attention.

"It has to be," Sprout was saying. She shook her head, rubbing her eyes. "All this time, the answer's been right in front of us."

"It would certainly make sense." This from Snape. "It would also take someone with a talent for potions in order to pull this off."

Snape stood up and walked over to Ginny and Hermione. He studied the unnaturally still form of the boy who was a walking reminder that he'd lost the only love of his life. Severus still found it disconcerting how much Harry looked like James, acted like him, too. And yet, he didn't, not completely. Lily's eyes stared back at him whenever Harry looked at him. Hearing some of the things Harry had endured at the hands of his Uncle, it truly was amazing that Harry could still have so much love and compassion inside. It was his mother's influence, had to be. Snape looked to the young redheaded witch at Harry's side. Seeing the two together was like he'd used a Time-Turner and was seeing James and Lily. As painful as it was, Severus knew he'd help Harry however he could, not for some prophecy, but for Lily.

"Tell me again exactly how things began. Don't leave anything out no matter how insignificant you think it may be."

Ginny started at the beginning, leaving out no little detail. When she was finished, she stared at the Professor before her.

"What are you thinking?"

"We're thinking it isn't just one toxin but several. We're just not sure which ones."

"Several?" Ron asked, causing the others to startle. No one heard him come in. "Like some super toxin or something?"

"Yes. Someone knew what they were doing. It could have killed him outright. Now we just have to figure out what will interact with what. It's progress."

With that, Snape left the students alone to do some more searching.

Ron looked down at the lifeless figure on the bed. His eyes immediately watered and his throat clogged. He turned to Hermione.

"Can I have a minute with Harry and Ginny, please?"

Hermione gave Ginny a reassuring hug and walked out of earshot.

"I wanted to apologize to you and Harry for what I said that day. I know you told me that you weren't...you know... but when I walked in on you and saw, well, you know what I saw, obviously, I just jumped to the wrong conclusion. After thinking about it, I realized you had clothes on and in their proper places, which meant you either got dressed faster than could be believed or you'd always been dressed. I'm sorry. I know I've hurt you both. I can't believe that soon after I said that, this happened and now it might be the last thing I get to say to him that he hears."

"Don't talk like that, Ron," Ginny said, determinedly. "He's going to get better. He will. You have to believe that."

Ron nodded then did something completely uncharacteristic of him. He walked to where Hermione was waiting, took her in his arms, and kissed her. Seeing Harry like that brought it home to him in a way nothing else could. Life was precious and you had to live it to its fullest before it was gone.

++++

"Harry, it's me, Cherish. Neville's here, too. You need to come out of this. You have no idea what you're doing to Ginny. She hasn't left this ward since she brought you in."

"Harry," Neville spoke quietly. "I like Cherish. I mean, really like her. I want to ask you if you're okay with the two us being together but you have to wake up so you can give me your answer. I know she's younger than Ginny but that doesn't bother me. I'd never do anything to hurt her. I want you to know that."

++++

"Okay, as our financial backer...,"

"...there's some things we need to discuss with you. You need to come...,"

"...back to us now so we can get this over with. Come on, Harry, you're missing out...,"

"...on all the planning for pranking Tort. We need your input being the son of a Marauder and all."

++++

"Harry, it's Hermione. Please come back. We miss you terribly. I wanted to thank you, Harry. Ron and I are together, now. He said you had convinced him to show me how he feels about me. He's really sorry about everything that happened between you, him and Ginny. He feels awful about it. Wake up and tell him he's forgiven. Please."

++++

"Harry, it's Sirius and Remus. When you come back, we'll tell you everything you ever wanted to know about the Marauders. We'll even show you how we made the Map. Of course, you'd have to promise not to make more of them."
"And if you'd like, we'll help you learn to become an Animagus. Something tells me you'll be a quick study. Just come back to us."

++++

"Harry, dear, it's Molly. Arthur wanted to be here but he had to work. Neither Bill nor Charlie could get away but they wanted me to tell you to wake up. Oh, Harry. You're going to be okay. You're going to be back on your broom in no time. They've nearly got it worked out as to what was used. All they have to do then is brew the antidote. Hang in there. I just wanted you to know that, even though you have your parents back and a sister, too, well, you'll always be one of mine and not because of the Union you have with Ginny. You became one of mine the minute Ron wrote home and told us of his new friend. Just hold on, Harry, dear."

++++

"Harry, it's Dudley. I'm really sorry about everything I ever did to you, what my Dad did to you. Harry, everyone here needs you. They miss you. Come back soon."

++++

"Harry, it's me, your father. Your mother's here, too. I'm very proud of you, son. You've grown into a very respectable young man. I love you, son."

"Harry, I love you and miss you very much. You know, when I first saw you again, I couldn't believe my eyes. It was like seeing James at your age. My first thought was 'Oh, boy, I wonder if he's as much a handful as his father had been?' It seems you have been, hearing of your previous years. Harry, you've got a very lovely young lady who loves you completely. You need to come back to her soon."

++++

On the fourth day since Harry had entered the coma, Hermione and Ron had come back from their supper break which was what their group had decided to do. They'd split the mealtimes into shifts so everyone had the chance to eat and stay with Harry, too. Hermione took one look at the shadows beneath Ginny's eyes and dragged the girl to her feet.

"Come on. You need a shower and some clean clothes. What's Harry going to think when he wakes up and sees you looking like this?"

Too tired to complain, Ginny allowed herself to be dragged from the room. The pair had reached the Great Hall before Ginny had come to her senses.

"Wait. This isn't Gryffindor Tower. Where are we going?"

Hermione discreetly pulled her wand and placed the tip into Ginny's back. "Just keep walking and don't make a sound. You're right, we're not going to Gryffindor Tower. We're going to see someone who's been anxious to meet with you. Again."

The two exited the main doors and headed for the Whomping Willow. Once there, they waited and after a few minutes, Ron met up with them.

"Ron? What the bloody hell is going on?"

Ginny was starting to panic. She had an idea of who it was she was about to meet. After all, hadn't she heard Harry scream out his fears of her being taken to Him, just days ago? What if those weren't visions induced by his illness? What if those were actually visions planted in Harry's mind by Voldemort himself?

"Just shut up."

Ron pointed his wand at the deadly tree. When it was frozen, the three entered the tunnel under it and followed it to the Shrieking Shack. Evil grins spread across the abductors' faces. Hermione shot ropes from her wand and bound Ginny's hands together behind her back and then bound her feet together.

Ginny's eyes blazed with fury. "You're not Ron nor Hermione. Who are you?"

"Of course I'm not that stinking little Mudblood know-it-all."

The Hermione impostor shuddered before her skin began changing into a paler complexion, the frame grew taller and the facial features morphed. The hair drew backward into her scalp and turned black. Transformation complete, Pansy Parkinson stood in front of Ginny, smirking.

"Ewww. Could you imagine...?" joked the Ron impostor who slowly morphed into Blaise Zabini.

Catching the look of surprise on their captive's face, he laughed. "Expecting someone else? Like Draco perhaps?"

Pansy snorted. "He wanted to have a more direct hand in your kidnapping but no one could trust him with you." Leering at Ginny's assets, she snorted again. "Don't know why he'd want anything to do with you, especially after Potter's had you. Maybe that's the draw. To ruin you so Potter wouldn't want you anymore. Don't know, don't really care."

"You said he wanted a more direct hand in this. Does that mean he's still involved?"

Ginny hoped if she kept these two talking, someone would realize she was missing and come looking for her, though she didn't hold out a lot of hope.

"Who do you think slipped your boyfriend the poison?" Blaise asked scornfully. "A bit of brilliant work, actually. The last time, he just put it on the plate, fork and goblet where Harry normally sat. They figured out what it was too quickly so this time he used a combination of plants. Then he charmed the potion to only react to Potter so it didn't matter where he sat."

"You're saying Draco managed to put some on all of Gryffindor's place settings?"

"Right in one." Blaise turned to Pansy. "She's not as dumb as she looks."

"Well, well, well, what have we here?"

Ginny's heart dropped at that voice. She looked into the maniacal eyes of Bellatrix Lestrange. Determined to not let things get the best of her, Ginny raised her chin and faced the evil woman head on.

"Oh, wook," the woman used the baby talk she was known to use. "It's itty bitty baby Potter's wittle girlfwiend." She switched back to regular speak, a smile on her face. "Just wait until the Dark Lord is done with you. Potter won't want to touch you. If you live, that is."

Bellatrix turned her attention to Blaise and Pansy. "Very good work. You lived up to your side of the bargain. The Dark Lord will remember that. Now get back to school before you're missed. I'll be taking her with me."

"Where are you taking me?"

"Somewhere far from here. Don't worry. You'll love it."

Bellatrix grabbed Ginny's arm and, in an instant, were gone.

An instant later, they reappeared in a dingy, dank little shack. Stairs against one wall led to a single room above. There was a fireplace against another wall. A ratty rug covered the middle of the floor. A single run-down couch was the only furniture in the room. Wind howled outside and it came inside through long skinny cracks in the walls.

Bellatrix lit the fireplace, threw a small bag of food to Ginny and headed for the door. With a flick of her wand, she removed the bindings from her feet. Another flick and she freed Ginny's wrists from behind her back, only to bind them again in front of her.

"Better make it last. Don't know when anyone will be back. Don't think you can escape either. There's only one way here and I'm taking it with me. Wards are in place to prevent apparition, just in case you decide to try that. Personally, I'd love to see you Splinch yourself. Before you decide to move from that spot, count to 100. I would hate to accidentally hurt you before your time is up."

Reaching 100, Ginny opened the door and was dismayed to realize Bellatrix was right. There would be no rescuing herself. Her little shack was centered on the tiniest bit of land completely surrounded by ocean.

++++

"Professor McGonagall! Professor Dumbledore!"

Ron and Hermione raced up to the two professors, out of breath.

"Ginny's been kidnapped," Ron panted.

"They've taken her!" cried Hermione.

"Slow down, take a deep breath and tell me what happened," Dumbledore spoke quietly but firmly.

Hermione continued to cry so Ron started. "We were leaving the Great Hall after supper and were heading back to see Harry when they attacked us."

"Who attacked you?"

"Blaise Zabini and Pansy Parkinson."

"They jinxed us, tied us up, hid us in a broom closet, took some of our hair and impersonated us."

"That's how they got Ginny!" Hermione added, "We have to do something!"

"How long ago was this?"

"Don't know for sure but we were stuck in that closet a long time."

"Did they say anything about where they were taking her?"

"No."

"Very well. Minerva, escort these two to the Hospital Ward and discreetly put out the word. I'll be doing some searching, myself."

"Of course."

++++

"What do you mean, 'gone'?" cried Molly.

"I'm afraid she's been taken by a couple of students who have ties to those working for You-Know-Who."

"No. How?"

"I'm so sorry, Mrs. Weasley," Hermione answered her. "They used Polyjuice Potion to impersonate Ron and me. The Ron and Hermione who were here just a little while ago weren't us."

Molly sat in a chair and began to cry. "Why? What could they possibly want with her?"

"To get to Harry, maybe. She's a powerful witch, especially when combined with Harry's power. Maybe they want to find a way to use her. At this point, we just don't know. We're doing everything we can to find her. I promise."

An excited shriek came from the nurse's office. "That's it! Those are the only ones that, when combined, will produce those exact symptoms."

"The antidote will take about twenty-four hours to brew. I'll get started on it."

Severus strode quickly out of the Hospital ward. Poppy and Pomona came out to those gathered, smiling ecstatically.

"We've got it! Harry was poisoned with seven different known plant toxins."

"How can someone get hold of that many?" asked Ron.

"Well, Angel's Trumpet, Delphinium/Larkspur, Four O'clock, Opium Poppy, and Lupine are all flowers. White Snakeroot and Milkweed are both weeds. To answer your question, very easily."

"Opium Poppy?" Hermione asked fearfully. "As in the Muggle drug? The addictive Muggle drug?"

"That's right. We'll be brewing another potion to counteract the opium poppy's addictive qualities. He'll be taking that once he wakes up and will continue until his body rids itself of any addiction."

"Oh, that's good."

"Indeed."

Lily turned to Harry and whispered. "Did you hear that, honey? You're going to be back with us soon. Just hang in there a little while longer, okay?"

++++

As soon as the antidote was ready, Severus brought it to the Hospital ward. It appeared completely white with tiny bubbles rising to the surface. James propped his son up so the potion could be delivered easily. The matronly nurse had put it in a plastic pouch with a tiny tube attached to the opening. The other end of the tube was placed in Harry's mouth between his teeth and the inside of his cheek. They'd been giving him Sustenance Potions in the same fashion.

Pomfrey squeezed the pouch, sending a small mouthful down the tube. With her wand, she tapped Harry throat, making him swallow. She continued the process until the pouch was empty.

"Now it's just a matter of time," she sighed.

++++

Ginny was cold, she was hungry, and she was filthy. She'd somehow managed to keep the fire going but as drafty as the shack was, it did little good. Since Bellatrix had left, no one had returned. She'd been out of food and drink for quite some time. She looked up toward the roof when it started to rain. Searching desperately for something to hold water, she finally found an old discarded plastic cup. Throwing open the door, she ran outside and, bracing the cup with a couple of rocks, left it on the ground to collect rainwater. It may not have been the cleanest but it wasn't ocean water. She scrounged around and found another couple containers. One of them she braced, just like the cup. The other she held in her hand and drank greedily as soon as it filled.

It had been a day and a half since she'd seen Harry. She worried constantly about him. Suddenly, she felt something she hadn't felt in nearly a week. The cup dropped from her nerveless fingers as she concentrated on what she was feeling. Harry! I can feel him again! I can feel him again! He's come out of the coma! She laughed until she cried. Dropping to her knees on the rocky ground, head in her hands, she cried in relief. All the stress and the not knowing of the past few days came pouring out.

++++

Harry slowly opened his eyes. Everything was blurry so he shut them again. He felt like he'd been stomped by thestrals, tossed around by giants, and then burned by Hagrid's skrewts. Every muscle screamed in agony when he moved. His parched throat both ached and burned. He felt weaker than he'd ever felt before. His hand moved to his throat but only made it halfway before stopping. The movement was enough to catch someone's attention.

"Harry?" Hermione couldn't believe her eyes. She was afraid she'd imagined the motion.

"Harry?" His eyes opened and she smiled. "Oh, Harry, it's so good to see you awake. I'm going to get the nurse. I'll be right back."

She ran to the nurse, waking everyone in the process. "Harry's awake!" she yelled.

Everyone crowded around Harry's bed. Pomfrey waved her wand over him and nodded satisfactorily.

"Well, Mr. Potter, you gave us all quite the scare, but I think you're going to recover just fine."

Cheers went up at that announcement. Someone placed Harry's glasses upon his nose. Looking around, he noticed one particular face missing. Frowning, he opened his mouth and tried to speak but winced at the pain in his throat.

Glances shifted around, everyone knowing what it was Harry was going to ask. Pomfrey distracted the youth with her medical questions.

"Don't try to talk. You over stressed your vocal chords while you were ill. Do you remember being ill?" Harry nodded. "How much do you remember? Hold up one finger for just a little, two for a lot." One finger. "Are you in any pain other than your throat?" Head nod. "One finger for a little, two for a lot." Two fingers. "Okay, I'm going to get you something for that in just a minute. I'll get you some ice chips for your throat but you still cannot try to speak. Understand?" Head nod.

Pomfrey left to gather the necessary potions, ice chips, and some tea. While she was doing that, Harry looked around again, opened his mouth and closed it again, frustrated. He mimicked writing.

Hermione retrieved one of her Muggle notebooks and a Muggle pen then handed them over. When he turned it around, one word had been written.

Gin?

More anxious glances around, shuffling of feet. Annoyed, Harry wrote something else and turned it around.

What are you not telling me?

The nurse returned before anyone could answer. She took one look at the questions he'd written prior to taking the notebook and pen away. She held up a few pieces of ice.

"Open up, Potter. These will help numb your throat immediately so you can get these other potions down."

Resignedly, he opened his mouth like a baby bird awaiting its meal. The cold shocked him at first but the numbness helped some. The next thing he was given was a crimson potion. Looking warily at it, he sniffed.

"It's just a Strengthening Solution. Now, drink up."

It hurt so bad to swallow, it took several minutes for him to finish. After a few more pieces of ice, he was given a deep blue potion for pain. The effect was nearly immediate. His screeching muscles became slightly roaring ones. He would have sighed in relief if he'd been able. After the blue one, Pomfrey handed him a melon-colored potion.

"One of the poisons you were given was from an Opium Poppy."

Harry's eyes widened. He'd heard of the drug and its addictive properties.

"I see you're familiar with it. This potion," she pointed to the drink in his hand, "will help counter those effects. This one you'll be taking on a regular basis for a while until you no longer suffer any addiction."

Because of the pain potion he'd just drank, this one didn't take quite so long to finish. Upon finishing that one, a cup of tea came next.

"It's just plain honey and lemon tea, Harry. It will help your throat, as well."

Finally, after the tea, he was given a potion he knew very well. It was purple in color. He wasn't ready for a Sleeping Draught yet but apparently he wasn't getting any answers right away. Harry looked at each of them and tried to convey his frustration with them before downing it and falling asleep.

"We're not going to be able to keep the truth from him for long," Hermione advised.

"Maybe we won't have to tell him," Ron suggested.

"We will. I'm not looking forward to his reaction, either."

Silence reigned as each of them remembered his delirious ranting fearing Ginny had been caught and taken to Voldemort.

++++

The next time Harry woke, he felt slightly stronger. He had a long way to go still and knew it, but he could tell he was on the mend. It was still agony to move and his throat was killing him but he was happy to be alive. Silently hissing at the pain, he reached out and grabbed his glasses. He looked at the sea of faces. The one he most wanted to see wasn't there.

"Ah, Mr. Potter, how are you today? Pain?"

Two fingers. He mimicked writing and was given his notebook and pen.

Gin?

Pomfrey looked at all the others. A thwack brought her attention back to Harry. He repeated the motion, hitting the notebook on his lap twice more to get everyone's attention. Then he wrote.

Where's Gin?!!!!

"Harry," Lily said quietly. "There's something we haven't told you, you're right. About two and a half days ago, two students impersonated Ron and Hermione and kidnapped Ginny."

At first, Harry didn't react. Then his head began swinging back and forth wildly, screaming 'No' over and over though nothing came out. Face hidden behind his hands, he allowed himself to shed the tears that suddenly filled his eyes. His shoulders shook with deep, silent sobs. Slowly, he recognized a feeling of warmth and comfort, love. He closed his eyes and wrapped himself in those feelings. At least she was still okay. Emotionally drained, his energy sapped, he lay down and dozed.

Two hours later, Harry woke again. While he'd been sleeping, his subconscious mind had begun formulating a plan to rescue Ginny. It was a wild idea but it might work. Getting everyone's attention once more, he wrote out what he was thinking.

I think I can rescue Gin.

"How do you propose to do that when none of us knows where she is?"

My necklace.

Hermione explained about the necklace and protection pendant Harry had received on his birthday from Bill.

"But I thought you had to visualize where it was you wanted to go," stated a confused Ron.

I'll just visualize Ginny. That should do it.

"What if you run into a Death Eater or ten?"

It's a chance I'm willing to take. Just give me a Strengthening Solution and maybe that pain one too.

"It's not a chance I'm willing to take, Mr. Potter. You can't verbalize your incantations. How are you going to do any magic?" asked McGonagall.

I'm sure I could with Gin's help. Please?

"No, it's out of the question."

Then I'll go without those potions helping me.

Minerva scrutinized the young man in the bed. She had no doubt he would do exactly as he said.

Turning to the nurse, she asked, "Would he be all right taking those two potions and then doing this?"

"You can't be serious, Minerva. Surely you don't expect me to okay this."

"Then you look into that boy's eyes and tell him you're not going to help because you know as well as I do that he's going to go anyway."

Pomfrey looked at Harry, noticed the determined air about him. Yes, she knew very well how stubborn young Potter could be. Admitting defeat, she went to retrieve the necessary potions.

After downing the potions, Harry clasped the pendant in his hand and pictured Ginny in his mind. A tingling sensation began at the pendant and radiated outward. Fog-like clouds rotated outward from his hand, making Harry slightly dizzy. Quickly, the clouds dissipated and to his utter frustration, nothing else happened. In his disgust, Harry threw the pendant away from him. The chain was still around his neck, however, and the pendant ended up resting against his back.

"It was worth a try, Harry. You're just too weak right now."

It will work. I'll try again. IT WILL WORK.

"You need to rest, Mr. Potter. You expended quite a bit of energy just now. More than you really have to spare."

The nurse's choice of words caught Harry off guard for a moment. Melancholy tried to seep into him but he outright refused to feel it. When the others turned away to discuss other options, Harry pulled the pendant back around. He, then, unbuttoned a few buttons from his pajama top, lay the pendant against his bare skin, over his heart, and put his hand over it. With his other hand, he surreptitiously retrieved his wand, not wanting to draw anyone's attention. Closing his eyes, he focused on Ginny, her being, her soul. He began to feel pulled along a track, as if he was traveling their connection to her location. With a squelch, he disappeared.

Turning at the sound, everyone gasped. Harry's bed was empty. He'd done it.


Reviews 245
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear