Search:

SIYE Time:12:57 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Darkness Rising
By hgromance

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP, Alternate Universe
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, James Potter, Lily Potter, Luna Lovegood, Minerva McGonagall, Other
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance
Warnings: Death, Disturbing Imagery, Intimate Sexual Situations, Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: R
Reviews: 245
Summary: ON HIATUS FOR NOW. Sequel to Innocence Lost. Read that one first. Harry's fifth year. More surprises are in store for Harry and company. Harry has to learn how to handle an evil teacher, an evil wizard who wants him dead. He finds the answers to why he and Ginny can practically feel the others' emotions. Oh, and Harry's parents are alive? He has a sister?
Hitcount: Story Total: 108180; Chapter Total: 5123





Author's Notes:
more anti-Tort activity, another prank. Sorry it took so long. Hope you like the prank.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Ch 24



Thursday evening, Harry met HEDGE members and a few newcomers in the Come and Go Room. He looked around at those who had rallied behind him, willing to do anything he needed. Besides his little group, Cho, Justin, Colin, Dennis, Ernie, Susan, Hannah, Dean, Seamus and Ginny's friends Amelia, Renee, Crystal, and Haley and many others. They had all risked detentions to be there. Harry swallowed past the sudden lump in his throat and glanced at Ginny. Her supporting smile bolstered him, not to mention what she was wearing. He still couldn't believe she'd chosen to wear the knee-length summer uniform skirt. What was she thinking? It's making me barmy, it's so hot. He shook his head to clear it and turned back to the crowd, clearing his throat.

"Thank you all for coming again tonight. I think it's time we step things up a bit. I say, whoever's willing of course, we start using Defense class for its intended purpose. It'll mean detentions but it'll show others that we need to be using magic. And then there's the added bonus of making Tort go barmy."

"What did you have in mind, Harry?" asked a wary Justin.

"Dueling." The grin on Harry's face found its mirror image on the excited faces of many of the others. "Someone from this group can jinx someone else from this group during class. Just start a duel in the middle of class. Those who don't come to these meetings will see how woefully inadequate Tort's method is. Be prepared to be disarmed or attacked by Tort. Like I said, the detentions are bound to be unpleasant. Do this only if you're willing to suffer the consequences."

"What about us, Harry?" asked a young second year. "Should we do it, too?"

Harry looked over at the small boy, thoughtfully. He hated the idea of what Tort might do to him as punishment. Then he thought about how everyone around him seemed to make decisions for him and how much he'd hated it.

"Only if you're comfortable doing it and only if you have a partner from this group with you. I'll leave the ultimate decision to you."

After they discussed the next part of 'Operation: Reclamation' as some were calling it, they spent time practicing dueling. Harry had them pair up while he wandered the room and gave pointers where it was needed. No matter how hard he tried, his eyes kept returning to Ginny in her gray skirt. He found himself just waiting for the next flash of bare leg. He tore his eyes away and tried to clear his mind. Things were beginning to stir that had no business being stirred at the moment.

Turning away from the enticing view, Harry stopped a pair of third years who were struggling with their spells. After giving them a few tips, they continued on and Harry moved to the next pair. Once again, Harry's eyes drifted to Ginny. Oh, there it is! God, I can practically feel her skin against my hand. What I wouldn't give to just drag her out of here, right now and... Gah, does she even have a clue what she's doing to me? His eyes traveled languidly upward and caught hers. Her expression stated that yes, she clearly did know what she was doing to him. Frustrated, he turned away and tried to gather some semblance of control.

Ginny had always worn the black trousers or calf-length skirt as her uniform. She hadn't wanted to wear anything so short before. Seeing it at Malkin's store, however, she decided to try it. She'd gotten it but chickened out when school started and reverted to her standard uniform. After she and Harry had become intimate, she found herself wanting to tease Harry. She'd had no idea how he'd react to the skirt but finally got up the nerve to wear it.

She hadn't been disappointed. From the moment she'd put it on, it had caught his attention and hadn't let go. He hadn't said anything but he didn't need to. Harry tended to speak with his eyes and she'd seen them darken as they usually did when fooling around. All during the HEDGE meeting, she'd noticed Harry looking and made sure to move enough to raise her skirt a bit. To her great amusement, she'd seen him shake his head clear. Perfect. Just the reaction I had hoped for. God, this is so much fun. Why didn't I do this ages ago?

Finally, Harry called a halt to the practice and dismissed the group. He turned back to his regular group of friends, eyes seeking Ginny out, once again. As soon as he turned around, though, Hermione started in.

"Harry, do you really think it wise to encourage dueling during class? There's no telling what Tort will do to them."

"Oh, come off it, Hermione," Ron retorted.

"You'll notice, our wonderful bookish friend, that Harrikins here--,"

"--said to do it only if they're willing to suffer the consequences."

"You'll also notice," Ginny added, "that he left the decision up to them. He didn't tell them they had to. If you're against it, don't participate. You are a Prefect, after all."

"Sorry, Hermione," Harry looked a bit sheepish. "I forgot about you and Ron being Prefects. Maybe you two shouldn't take part." Harry turned to the only other boy he could duel with during class.

"Neville, would you be willing to spar with me?"

"Me?" Neville all but squeaked. "Uh, I guess so."

"Great. Tomorrow, then. I'll start it."

Seeing the look of doubt on Neville's face, Harry guessed what the other boy was worried over.

"You'll get some hits on me. I promise. There won't be any serious or dangerous spells cast, just what we learned here."

Neville looked only slightly relieved. "Okay."

"Well, I still don't think it's a good idea. I mean, look at what she did the last time you started something."

Harry felt his temper rise. That was not his fault. Ginny and Cherish turned on the girl faster than Harry thought possible.

"You can't be serious!" came from Cherish.

"That wasn't Harry's fault!" was from Ginny. "You're going blame Harry for getting mad at Tort for using a Companion Blood Quill? That's low, Hermione."

"Well, it's one thing for Harry to break school rules, he's got his name to get him out of bad spots, but to encourage others? Especially those whose parents work at the Ministry."

Harry rubbed his forehead. Listening to Hermione gripe was beginning to give him a headache and he didn't want to go to bed with a headache, knowing what was likely to happen in Potions and the coming detention from Tort.

"Fine, Hermione," he snapped, "When Neville and I start, keep your head down, don't participate, don't do anything. Be just like everyone else. That's how we got into our current situation. Too many people keeping their heads down and not doing a bloody thing."

Harry grabbed his bag, stuffed his Cloak and the Map inside with a few Defense books he'd been using that evening and headed for the door. Just as he reached it, he felt Ginny duck under his right arm, draping it over her shoulders and run her hand soothingly over his back. They walked in silence but before they reached the Fat Lady, Ginny pulled Harry into a broom cupboard.

"Gin?"

"Shh. I've always wondered about the attraction of broom cupboards."

She captured his open mouth and proceeded to thoroughly investigate its depths, moaning quietly when he finally responded. Her hands lost themselves in his hair while his grabbed her hips and pulled her closer.

Footsteps and voices reached their ears stopping them mid-kiss, lips hovering over lips, hands stilled, while their hearts pounded frantically, breathing heavily.

"--really don't understand, do you?" Ron was asking.

"I see his point. Why can't he see mine?" Hermione asked in return.

"He does. That's why he told them to make their own decisions."

"But he's Harry Potter. He should know people are going to do whatever he says."

"People are responsible for their own actions. We've been telling Harry that for years. Or was it all just talk?"

"Of course it wasn't," Hermione said, exasperated. "But this is different. This is--,"

Ron and Hermione passed the cupboard and out of earshot, even for Harry and Ginny's super hearing. Ginny, fearing Harry's reaction to the overheard argument, closed the gap between them and picked up where they'd left off. It took some persuasion but he came back around to her way of thinking.

Ties were loosened and removed, buttons suddenly were undone. Harry trailed kisses down Ginny's neck, across her shoulder, down to her collar bone and then made the return trip on the other side. Ginny purred her enjoyment. Their lips met again in a heated kiss.

Ginny's hands slid out of Harry's hair, down to his chest where his shirt hung open. They trailed along the developing muscles down to just inside his waistband and back up, a gasp from Harry making her smile. On their second trip down, they stayed and, within seconds, his belt was no longer an obstacle.

Harry's hands ran through Ginny's hair, inside her collar, down her sides, around to her stomach and back upward. He loved the feel of her skin, didn't think he'd ever get tired of its softness. Of their own accord, his hands traveled back downward to pull her close as he braced them against a wall. Her leg moved and suddenly he was touching her thigh. Trying to slow down, he pulled his mouth from hers.

"I couldn't believe it when I saw you put this skirt on. I would have thought it too cold. Suddenly, I find myself glad you're wearing it."

"Good," Ginny rasped back at him. "Thought you might like it."

Between kisses along her jaw and neck, Harry said, "You. Planned. This. Didn't. You?"

"And if I did?"

"Not. Complaining."

A few more kisses were shared and hands roamed along bare skin before either of them spoke again.

"You drove me to distraction during the meeting. I never realized how sexy the school summer uniforms could be."

Ginny chuckled. "I know. Every time I looked at you, I could see it in your eyes. Now, less talk. More...yeah...that." She nearly whimpered the last bit as he leaned more against her.

++++

Harry knelt beside the wall, Ginny still in his arms, her back still braced against the wall. Their harsh breathing as they attempted to draw air into their lungs was the only sound either could make. Harry's forehead rested on Ginny's shoulder. He shivered at the feel of her hand through his damp hair then gave another at the touch of her lips on his ear.

Ginny slowly inhaled before quietly speaking, "Huh, so that's the attraction to broom cupboards." Harry laughed. "Seriously, though, we should probably be heading back."

Harry protested. "I don't know if I have enough energy to stand just yet."

However, with a final kiss just below Ginny's ear, he managed to stand, setting Ginny on her feet. Shirts were buttoned but left untucked, ties stuffed into robe pockets, other clothing straightened. Harry cupped Ginny's face and stared into her eyes.

"That was so hot. I love you." Harry spoke with absolute reverence and kissed Ginny gently before pulling back.

"Yes, it was. We'll have to do it again sometime. I love you, too."

Another gentle kiss was exchanged before peeking out into the hall. Seeing it was empty, the couple hurried out and left the tiny room behind. Upon entering the common room, Ron accosted them.

"Just where were you two? You left before us."

Ron took in the tousled hair, untucked shirts, missing ties and the rosy flush to their skin. His eyes widened and his face screwed up in disgust.

"Broom--," was all the further Harry got before Ron interrupted him.

"Never mind," the redhead said adamantly, waving his hands in front of him, as if trying to block that visual from his brain. He started to walk away when another thought hit him.

"Where?"

"Where do you think, Ron? In a broom cupboard." asked Ginny with a smirk. "What else do you do in broom cupboards? That's where the brooms are. If you're going to perform broom maintenance, you kinda have to go where the brooms are, don't you think?"

By this time, Harry was having a hard time keeping a straight face, especially since Ron now seemed confused.

"You mean, you weren't...you were actually checking on brooms?"

Ginny rolled her eyes. "Bloody hell, Ron. What does it look like we've been doing? Are you seriously that thick?"

Ron looked them over again and spotted the dirt marks on Harry's knees. That could mean anything. But Ginny doesn't have any dirt on her and she likely would have if... Wait, Harry's knees are dirty so he was kneeling and yet Ginny is completely clean so she was standing. What could they have been doing with Harry kneeling, Ginny standing...Oh ewwww. I did NOT need that image. Ron's imaginative mind gave him a false visual but he didn't know that.

Seeing Ron's expression change once again, Harry couldn't hold it in any longer and laughed. He laughed even harder when Ron stalked off muttering something about 'scourgifying his brain'. The couple waved good night to Hermione, Neville, and Cherish and entered their rooms.

"It's just too easy with him," Harry laughed, wiping his eyes and holding his side.

"I know," Ginny snickered. "You'd think he'd be used to it by now."

After putting in some time completing homework, they worked on the Animagus transformation. It took a few attempts but on the last try, Ginny opened her eyes to see a paw where her hand should be.

"Oh, Merlin, Harry, I did it!"

She flexed her 'fingers' and watched the claws as they fully extended. She relaxed and watched them partially retract.

"How does it feel?" asked an excited Harry.

"Kinda weird but kinda natural. It's hard to explain."

Ginny closed her eyes and concentrated. Opening them again, she found her hand back to normal. Back and forth, she practiced until it took little effort whatsoever. Turning her attention to Harry, she lifted an eyebrow.

"Okay, luv, your turn."

Harry concentrated on the flow of his magic and how it felt to have a paw instead of a hand. Before he knew it, his hand had made the change.

"You did it!"

"I did," Harry agreed, somewhat flabbergasted. It had been a whole lot simpler than he'd thought it would be. "We both managed the first part within a week. Maybe that bodes well for the rest."

"Maybe. Hope so."

Harry reached out and tickled Ginny's cheek with his paw. The sound of Ginny's response could only have been described as a purr. Harry practiced until he, too, could make the change and back quickly.

"Can't wait to see Sirius' face Monday night."

"I know, huh?" Ginny pulled out pajamas and disappeared into the loo. "How long did it take for Sirius and your Dad?"

"The better part of their time here at school."

"Huh. It just doesn't seem that hard." Ginny exited the loo and climbed into bed.

"I know but we're different, as everyone loves to point out."

Ginny snuggled close to Harry before replying sleepily, "Wouldn't change it for anything."

Harry hugged her close and placed a light kiss on her head. "Me neither."

++++

It may have been Friday but Harry was NOT looking forward to the day. Double potions and dealing with Snape, not to mention still working with witch hazel. This time, it was a potion to treat laryngitis. After lunch it was double Defense and while he looked forward to the duel, he wasn't looking forward to the punishment sure to come.

Harry, Ginny, Ron, Hermione, Cherish, and Neville were all sitting together at breakfast.

"Cheer up, Harry," Ginny soothed, "It'll be over before you know it."

Harry sighed, "I know."

Ginny knew he wouldn't eat unless his mind was taken off the coming day so she did what she always did. She distracted him. Under the table, she took Harry's left hand, slid it up under the edge of her robe and placed it directly on her thigh, just above her knee. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Harry's head whip around. Nonchalantly, she went about fixing and eating her breakfast.

Harry couldn't believe where Ginny had placed his hand. They were in the Great Hall, for Merlin's sake! Anyone could see! But he couldn't stop his hand from caressing her. He'd groaned most pitifully that morning when he'd seen that she was wearing another of those summer skirts. Well, at least I have that to think about now. Keeping his hand exactly where it was, Harry managed to eat his cereal and drink some juice.

"Oh, hell,"

"What's wrong, Gin?"

"I forgot that essay for Binns. I've gotta go."

Reluctantly, Harry moved his hand but not before Ginny had covered it with her own and pushed it a little further north. With a wicked grin and a twinkle in her eye, she gave Harry a quick kiss good-bye and hurried off, throwing her bag over her shoulder. Harry followed her with his eyes, a glazed look in them.

A smack upside his head painfully brought him out of his trance.

"Ow! Bloody hell, Ron, what was that for?"

"For looking at my sister like you were going to devour her. I don't mind you doing...what you do...but I sure as hell don't want to see it or hear about it."

"Come on," Hermione said with an eye roll. "We're going to be late for class."

Harry rubbed the sore spot on the top of his head and glared at Ron before grabbing his bag and following the other two to the dungeons. He'd only made it through half the class the day before but it was a single period so he'd done okay. Harry hoped today would go better. As usual for this class, luck was not on Harry's side.

Thirty minutes into class, Harry sneezed. No warning, no tickle. He glanced at Ron and Hermione who had turned to him, eyes wide. Another two sneezes and he was out the door. This time, Harry didn't stop in a classroom. He sneezed half the way to Gryffindor tower and spent the other half rubbing his temples. Great. I don't even get a warning now. There's got to be something I can do to get over this...reaction.

Loosening his tie and untucking his shirt, Harry slipped off his shoes and collapsed onto his bed. He fell asleep to the relentless pounding in his temples.

++++

Harry woke to a feather light touch on his lips and a flowery scent in his nostrils.

"Hey," he sleepily said.

"Hey, yourself. Ron and Hermione told me about Potions. Sorry."

"S'Okay. I'm feeling better now."

"Well, I brought you some lunch, anyway."

Harry sat up. "Good. I'm starved."

They ate sandwiches and fruit in silence. Finished, Ginny climbed onto the bed next to Harry and leaned against his chest. Harry captured her shoulders and held her close a few moments before speaking.

"It's getting worse, Gin. I didn't even have any warnings this time. It just happened. I wish there was something I could do about it."

"Maybe there is. Maybe Hermione will find something. She's looking into it, you know."

"Really?"

"Yes, really. What, did you think Hermione would be able to leave this particular puzzle alone? I thought you knew her better than that."

Harry chuckled, "Yeah, I suppose." He glanced at his watch. "Well, I should be heading for Defense class and you to the dungeons. I got him all warmed up for you."

"Gee," Ginny dryly responded, "thanks a million. Don't know what I'd do without you."

Reaching Harry's class, they shared a brief but thorough kiss before parting ways.

"OI! I thought I told you I didn't want to see that. Besides, people are talking."

"Sorry," Harry dazedly answered then came back to himself. "People talk, Ron. They always have and they always will. Everyone knows what Ginny and I get up to, anyway. We are married."

"OI!" Ron slapped his hands over his ears and muttered, "Don't wanna hear, don't wanna hear."

Harry glanced around them. Ron was right in that girls were staring at him and whispering, some guys were smirking at him, giving him a thumb's up, others frowned jealously, but Harry just couldn't care. It didn't bother Ginny so he wouldn't let it bother him. Besides, there was no way he was going alter his behavior with her just because of a little gossip.

The classroom door opened and everyone shuffled in. Harry glanced at Neville and raised an eyebrow in question, silently asking if he was still wanting to go through with the planned 'takeover'. Neville nodded affirmatively and Harry turned back to the front.

"Okay, class. No need for wands. Open your books and begin the next chapter on shield charms." She narrowed her eyes in Harry's direction before sitting at her desk.

For his part, Harry opened his book to the appropriate page and ducked his head as if reading. Slowly, Harry he pulled his wand from the holster on his left arm, the same one he'd received for his birthday. Pointing it at Neville, Harry sent a mild stinging hex at him.

"Ow!" Neville rubbed his shin.

"What's the meaning of this?"

Tort had looked up from her desk and stared at the usually quiet boy.

"Well?" she prompted.

"Harry hexed me."

"That's right, I did. And I'm about to do it again so get ready."

Harry jumped up from his desk and retreated to one wall. He watched as Neville gulped and stood, retreating to the other side of the room.

"Now, see here," Tort began imperiously, "there will be no wand play in my classroom."

Harry just ignored her and sent another stinging hex at Neville, who easily blocked it. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Tort drawing her wand. Imperceptibly, he nodded in her direction and, with a nod from Neville, they both turned and aimed their wands at Tort. However, only Neville's voice called out.

"Expelliarmus!"

Neville, surprised at himself, caught her wand in both his hands. Still a little dazed that he'd basically attacked a school professor, he turned to Harry, in time to see another spell heading straight for him. Reflexively, he conjured a shield and sent a few stunners Harry's way.

Spells volleyed back and forth before a few others joined in the mock battle. Two on Neville's side and two on Harry's, keeping the teams even. Most of the other students ducked under their desks to avoid being hit. Tort, however, wasn't so lucky. A Body-Bind spell bounced off Harry's shield and hit the unlucky and not-so-popular professor.

Papers fluttered in the breeze as spell beams zoomed passed. Bodies launched themselves in all directions as they dodged incoming spells. As time progressed, more students from HEDGE joined in, Hermione and Ron among them. Ron took Harry's side and Hermione joined Neville.


Harry was becoming winded and was sweating rather heavily when he heard he watch beeping. He'd set it to go off five minutes before the end of class. Erecting the strongest shield he could, he called out to his classmates until the dueling had stopped.

"Okay, that went really well, I think." He turned to all the ones who'd hidden under their desks. "You can come out now, we're done. I want you all to think about something. Could you have accomplished any of what you just watched using the method Tort is promoting? Think about it."

Harry glanced at his watch, still trying to catch his breath and wiped sweat from his eyes. "There's only a few minutes left. I'd suggest you all get out of here. I'm about to release our dear professor and it's not going to be pretty."

All those who'd remained sitting, that is to say, those who hadn't been a part of HEDGE, scrambled out of their seats and hit the door as if Voldemort, himself, had shown. Harry turned back to their illustrious professor and whispered the canceling spell's incantation.

Immediately, Tort jumped to her feet, screeching. "THAT'S IT! YOU ARE THROUGH! ALL OF YOU!"

Harry crossed his arms over his chest. "All of us? If you haven't noticed, that's half the class. What if we refuse? You're forgetting we still have your wand."

"Don't threaten me, Potter. I'll find a way, you just wait. Now, give me my wand."

"I don't think so. Not right away, at least. We'll leave where you'll find it, though."

"I still have the Ministry on my side. You all attacked a teacher and that's a serious offense."

"On the contrary," Harry smugly smiled, "you were hit by accident. A spell bounced off my shield and hit you. The only one who was really 'attacked' was Neville."

"I'm not pressing charges," Neville spoke up.

"See?" Harry shrugged. "No case."

Tort was so angry, Harry could see a vein popping out of her forehead. It briefly reminded him of his uncle. Turning his back to her, he gathered his belongings and walked out the door. Everyone else followed.

"DETENTION! FOR ALL OF YOU! GREAT HALL TONIGHT AFTER SUPPER!"

Harry turned to Neville. For once, the teen looked more sure of himself. "You did really well, Neville. And as I told you, you landed a few stingers on me."

"Thanks, Harry."

Harry motioned for Tort's wand and Neville handed it over. He looked around for a place to stash it.

"Where you going to put it, Harry?" asked Seamus.

"Not sure, yet. Anyone have any ideas?"

"I have an idea."

Harry turned to Hermione. He wasn't sure he was going to like what she was going to say. Probably something like marching right back and handing it over. What she actually said dropped his mouth open.

"Why don't we write a note saying it belongs to Tort and slip it under Professor McGonagall's office door?"

"She'll know it's us because of our handwriting," put in Dean.

"So," Ron shrugged, "she'd know it was us anyway as soon as Tort told her."

"I know of a handwriting disguising spell we can use."

Harry grinned at Hermione. "Who are you, really? Because you certainly aren't acting like Hermione, the Prefect."

"No," the girl sighed, "I'm the Hermione who wants to survive this war."

"All right, then. Let's do it."

Hermione pulled out parchment and quill. After writing the quick note, she cast the spell on the ink and watched as it shifted on the paper, forming the letters differently. She wrapped the note around Tort's wand and the entire group hustled off to their Head of House's office. Hermione slipped the wand under the door and then they headed for the Common Room.

Harry waited for Ginny to return before heading down to supper.

++++

After supper, the dueling fifth years sat through five hours of detention. For some unknown reason, she hadn't tried the Companion Blood Quill. They sat at their tables and wrote an essay on the chapters they had read so far. If it didn't meet Tort's standards, which it rarely did, it had to be redone. Having not read many of the chapters, Harry was hard pressed to come up with something to write.

One by one, others got approval to leave. As they left, they met Harry's eyes and he could tell they'd still stand with him, that they thought their activity far outweighed any consequences. A few even pat him on the back or grinned at him, giving him a thumbs up. Harry was instantly relieved.

Finally, Tort huffed up to him. Harry looked up and realized he was the last one. Even Ron had managed to finish before him. He watched the professor study his parchment. To his astonishment, she took it.

"Get out of here, Potter. You'll be back tomorrow evening. Understood?"

"Yes."

Harry left. What was that about? She actually let me go. Granted, I have go back tomorrow, but still... He pondered the situation all the way to the tower. Entering the common room, he found his friends waiting.

"Hey, Harry!"

"Hey, Neville."

Harry plopped himself tiredly onto the sofa next to Ginny. She immediately linked the fingers of her right hand through his and rubbed his forearm with her left.

"That was much easier than I had expected," Ron spoke up.

Harry laughed halfheartedly. "Yeah, wonder what she's up to."

"Are we still on for tonight?"

"Yes."

Harry looked over to the twins. "Do you have them? Are they ready?"

Fred looked at George. "Is he really asking that? Us? Not ready?"

"No, brother mine, your ears are not deceiving you. He really did ask that."

Together they said, "Shame on you, Harry. Of course, we're ready."

++++

Footsteps crept along the corridor until they stopped at the Great Hall. A hand appeared out of thin air and the door opened. Footsteps again and the door closed. Just inside the door, another hand appeared with a small lidded container. The lid was pried off and several tiny winged creatures buzzed out.

I sure hope this works the way its supposed to.

The cloaked figure exited the Great Hall and cautiously headed for his dorm and bed.

++++

The following morning, Harry and company were sitting at the Gryffindor table enjoying their breakfast. Every so often, something would buzz by their ears and they'd give it a swat but continued chatting. A surprised cry sounded, calling attention to the Staff Table. Giddy laughter quickly followed the cry and, suddenly, Tort began to float.

"Hey!" she shrieked and giggled. "Get me down from here!"

Tort floated all the way to the ceiling and bounced along it. Her arms and legs flailed in an attempt to get down but the more she moved the harder she bounced. Catcalls, whistles, claps and laughter rang out from the four tables. No one heard the deeper cry of surprise but the laughter was heard.

To Harry's utter shock, Snape began to levitate out of his seat. He giggled and turned flips in the air. He swam across the Hall to the door then flipped onto his back and casually floated back, all the while calling out.

"This is the most fun I've had, EVER! Oh, hello, Madame. Fancy meeting you up here. You should relax and enjoy yourself."

By now, the Hall was filled with noise. Harry held his sides, he was laughing so hard. Ginny had to lean against Harry to keep from falling off the bench. Ron pounded the table with his fist, head down and laughing. Hermione quit trying to hold in her laughter but she had a hand covering her mouth. Neville's face was scarlet and he wiped his eyes. Cherish, too, was clearing the tears of laughter from her face, only to look up at Snape and laugh some more. Dudley fell off the bench and sat on the floor, guffawing. The twins sent a conspiratorial wink in Harry's direction.

Minerva stood and spoke a spell to magnify her voice.

"Caitiff, Severus, please make your way to the Hospital wing."

"But why, Minerva? This is fun!" Severus performed another back flip.

"I must insist, Severus."

Snape pouted. "Party pooper. Come on, Madame, we are needed."

Snape took Tort's hand in his own and, together, swam their way to their destination.

McGonagall glanced at all the students, Harry and his group, in particular.

"If I discover who has done this, they will be severely punished."

The Deputy Headmistress left the Great Hall in a rush. Harry and his friends headed for the grounds. It was cold but the sun was shining and there was no wind, for once. They made sure to be far enough away before falling over in laughter.

"That was hilarious!" giggled Cherish.

"Whoever thought Snape could...giggle!" Harry collapsed on the ground, laughing silently and holding his sides again.

"Oh, that was priceless," Ginny panted through her own giggles.

The group spent the morning having a snowball fight before heading back in to warm up.

Reviews 245
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear