Search:

SIYE Time:6:32 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Firsts
By lilyevans_Jan30

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP, Post-HBP, Post-DH/AB
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Harry/Ginny
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Intimate Sexual Situations, Negative Alcohol Use
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 102
Summary: Harry and Ginny have fun learning that there's a first time for everything. What are friends for, right?
Hitcount: Story Total: 51782; Chapter Total: 10812





Author's Notes:
Thanks for enjoying and commenting! And for those who don't like discussions about premarital sex, I suggest you not continue with this story. It isn't going to be anything explicit, but it's there.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


July 31, 1998

Harry gazed lazily at the dragonflies chasing each other around the edge of the pond. Occasionally one would even land on his chest or leg, obviously mistaking his lethargic stillness for a log or lily pad or something. He flicked a finger at them once or twice and then gave up; they weren’t bothering him, and really, just laying here with absolutely nothing to do besides listen to the breeze was heavenly.

Beside him, Ginny gave a contented sigh. “This is like heaven, isn’t it?”

Harry chuckled. “Have you been secretly studying Legilimency? I was just thinking the same thing.”

Ginny poked him in the side. “I just know the way your mind works Potter. I just can’t believe we all finally have a day to just do nothing — and on your birthday, no less.”

“Ummhmmm,” Harry agreed. The months since the war had ended had been almost frenetically busy, between memorial services, rebuilding Hogwarts and meetings at the Ministry as Harry and his friends decided what to do in the coming year. The offer Kingsley and others had come up with was probably the best situation possible, given the circumstances.

“I can’t believe you and Hermione and Neville and Ron are going to be lecturing at Hogwarts this year,” said Ginny, guessing Harry’s thoughts yet again.

“And a few others,” added Harry. “Kingsley wanted to draw on all our experiences to add to the curriculum from time to time. It’ll be a good break from Auror training every month.”

“I know you’ll do great, and we all know that Hermione will probably be ridiculously over-prepared and set way too much homework. But what in the name of Merlin is Ron going to be talking about?”

Harry chuckled. “Strategy, actually. You’d be surprised at how well the game of chess can be applied to real life defense. Plus, we’ll be teaching together, dueling and stuff like that.”

“You mean, you’ll be putting hexes and things on my brother and he’ll be trying to dodge them?”

“Something like that. Although if we want to make it really interesting, I’ll set him against Hermione.”

Ginny snorted. “Given the way he looks at her these days, he’d probably just consider it a really intense form of foreplay.” She was quiet for a second before looking back at Harry.

“They’re sleeping together, you know.”

Harry sat up quickly. “They . . . what?”

“I walked in on Hermione practicing a contraceptive charm on herself and she admitted it to me.” Ginny shuddered. “I’m just glad it was her I saw and not Ron.”

Harry thought about the news and realized he wasn’t really surprised. “It makes sense. Things really changed for them after Malfoy Manor. I guess I didn’t think about what that meant.” He leaned back in the grass and put his hands behind his head. “Wow, ickle Ronniekins. No longer a virgin. I guess that’s why we haven’t seen as much of him and Hermione in the past few weeks.”

Ginny laughed. “They’re just lucky the twins haven’t found out yet.”

“Yeah. But I hope I’m around to watch when they do.”


“Harry?”

“Yeah?”

“Are you?”

“Am I what?”

“You know . . . are you a . . . I mean, have you ever . . .?

“Oh, right. Umm, no. Of course not . . . who would I ever have done it with? Cho?”

“Heh, I guess not. And this past year . . . ”

“Definitely not.”

“Yeah, I guess not.”

. . . .

“Ginny?”

“Yeah?”

“What about you? Did you and Dean . . .?”

“No! Not even close. And not with Michael either, if you were going to ask.”

“Neville?”

“What??”

“He did invite you to the Yule Ball.”

“I actually went with you, Harry, remember?”

“Seamus?”

“Harry!”

“ Sorry, sorry. Just wondering.”

“No one. I haven’t slept with anyone either. Once again, I’m probably the only one in my year who hasn’t. I’ll probably be a virgin forever.”

. . . . .

“Ginny?”

“Yeah?”

“You know the summer before my fourth year? When we uhhh, practiced kissing on each other?”

“Yeah.”

“Well, I was wondering if you wanted to do that again.”

“Harry, I know it was a year ago, but if I remember your last birthday correctly, I think you already know how to kiss.”

“No, I didn’t mean practice kissing. I meant . . . other things.”

“You want to practice having sex on each other for your birthday this year?”

“No! Well, not exactly. I was just thinking . . . forget it.”

“Harry . . . tell me.”

“It’s stupid.”

“I’m sure it’s not stupid. Please? We’re friends, we can tell each other anything, right?”

“Nice try, Ginny.”

“I thought you loved backrubs!”

“I do. Yours especially . . . I just don’t want you to think I’m that easy.”

“Harry, you’re propositioning we have sex. What am I supposed to think?”

“Good point. Okay, fine. Umm, I was thinking that since you’re a virgin, and I’m a virgin, and neither of us have any immediate prospects to change that status — right?”

“Right, Harry.”

“Okay, right then. So I was thinking that maybe, if neither of us have changed our status in say, a year, we, er . . . we do something about it. Together.”

“We sleep together, you mean.”

“Yeah, I guess so.”

Silence

“Make it six months.”

“Six months? Really, Ginny?”

“Yeah. I mean, we’re not getting any younger, right?”

“Right! I mean, sure. Six months is good.”

“So, six months. That will be . . . January 31?”

“Heh, it’ll probably be too cold out to do anything else, anyway.”

“Harry!”

“Sorry.”

. . . . .

“I still didn’t get you anything for your birthday, Harry.”

“Well, I liked last year’s present . . . .”

****************************
Sept ember 30, 1998

“I think I’m going to throw up.” Harry was pacing back and forth across the Gryffindor common room shuffling feverishly through a sheaf of parchment covered in messy notes.

“Harry, you’re going to be fine,” said Ginny reassuringly. “ We’re talking about a bunch of First Years. They’re going to be a lot more scared of you than you are of them.”

“Exactly. They’re going to stare at my scar and expect me to banish Voldemort right in front of them and when I can’t they’ll probably decide I’m the most boring teacher at Hogwarts. Including Binns.”

Ginny rolled her eyes at him. “Harry, you were great with the DA. This is the same thing. And . . . who says you can’t show off a bit for them? Give them what they expect — a great show of you , defending yourself against Dark forces.”

“And who are these Dark forces — Filch and Mrs. Norris? Blame your brother for not being here to help me. His first Auror training class and he ends up in St. Mungo’s, the git.”

“I’m sure they’ll figure out how to remove his tentacles soon. But if you need help, I’m free next period.”

Harry looked at Ginny. “You’d give up your free time to come help me teach a bunch of ickle firsties? I thought you wanted to go fly, Miss Quidditch Captain.”

Ginny shrugged. “You’ll just have to come out and help me plan our playbook later, Mr. former Quidditch Captain.”

“It’s a deal.”

Even with Ginny beside him, Harry was nervous walking into the classroom for his first DADA guest lecture. As he entered, there was a rustle of excited female whispering. Several of the young witches began fluffing their hair and giving him winning smiles, reminding Harry uncomfortably of his second year and Professor Lockhart.

Most of the male students were still staring dumbly at their professor and Harry exchanged a grin with Ginny. Fleur was proving to be an excellent DADA teacher but even a month into the school year it still took her ten minutes at the start of every class to get the attention of most of the boys.

Fleur smiled encouragingly at Harry and went to the front of the classroom.

“Class, we ‘ave a very special lecturer today. ‘E needs no introduction, I am certain. Mr. ‘Arry Potter is going to be giving you a demonstration of Defense Against ‘ze Dark Arts and it looks like Miss Ginny Weasley, a Seventh Year, is going to be ‘elping him. Correct, non?”

“Non, I mean, yeah,” said Harry hastily, ignoring the giggles from the front row. He turned and faced the class.

“Umm, okay. Defense Against the Dark Arts,” he began. He really wasn’t sure how much to show or tell this group of students. Some of them had probably lost family members to Voldemort. Others were probably the children of Death Eaters, or at least those who had supported them.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a boy in a green robe lean across his desk to whisper into the ear of another Slytherin. The smirk on the boy’s face wiped away all of Harry’s nervousness.

“CONSTANT VIGILANCE!” he yelled loudly, smacking his books down on the desk and watching as all the students jumped.

“That is your first lesson,” he said firmly. “No matter how safe you think you may be, no matter where you are, never forget, there are dark forces and evil people who will try to do you harm. Facing them takes skill, practice, nerve, and luck, although not necessarily in that order.” At the side of the room, Ginny was laughing and giving him a thumbs up.

The class laughed hesitantly, and then a small girl in the front row raised her hand.

“Yes Miss . . . ?” he began.

“Calhoun,” the girl said, blushing furiously. “Professor, is it really true that you killed V-v-voldemort with the Disarming Spell?”

Harry smiled back at her. “First of all, ten points to Hufflepuff for saying Voldemort’s name. Fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself. Remember that. And, yes. That’s more or less how it happened. Why don’t I show you?”

Beckoning to Ginny, Harry pulled out his wand.

“Now, class, this is Ginny Weasley, a good friend of mine who’s wicked with her wand. I expect her to give me a run for my money, okay?” He directed the last to Ginny. She nodded, a slight smirk on her face.

“You’re going down, Potter,” she muttered, pulling out her own wand.

“We’ll see about that, Weasley,” he replied out of the corner of his mouth.

They faced each other and bowed. Raising their wands, both yelled, “Expelliarmus!” at nearly the same time. Harry was a hair faster, and Ginny’s wand soared out of her hand and into Harry’s. The class applauded.

Ginny grinned and turned to the students. “And that, class, is how Harry defeated Voldemort.” She winked. “I let him win, you know.”

Harry handed Ginny’s wand back to her, nudging her with his hip at the same time. “Did you, now? Well then, why don’t we demonstrate how good you are at dodging hexes, hmm?”

Ginny grinned again and crossed to the other side of the room. Harry began firing hexes and jinxes at her and Ginny dodged every one. The class was oohing and ahhing and Harry had just lowered his wand to speak to them again when out of the corner of his eye he saw Ginny raise her wand and point it at him.

“MYOTIS MUCOCUS!!” she yelled, and a bright yellow light flew out of the end of her wand.
Harry managed to get his shield up just in time and Ginny’s Bat Bogey Hex bounced off it and dissipated.

“Hey, not fair!” yelled a number of the first years. “Yeah, he wasn’t even looking!” cried one girl from the back of the room.

Harry turned towards the class. “And you think your enemies will always wait until you’re looking before they attack you?”

“What was that hex she shot?” asked a boy in Gryffindor robes.

Harry grinned. “That was Ginny’s infamous Bat Bogey Hex. I’ve been on the receiving end of it only once, and trust me, it’s not something I ever want to experience again.” He looked at Ginny. “How about one more demonstration before the end of class — has anyone here heard of a Patronus?”

An eager looking girl in the front row threw her hand wildly into the air. Ginny looked at Harry and he could tell she was trying not to laugh; the resemblance to Hermione was uncanny.

“It’s a positive force used to repell Dementors,” the girls said breathlessly without waiting to be called on. “It takes the shape of an animal, but it’s really a reflection of your happiest thoughts and memories,” she continued. “But they’re supposed to be really, really difficult to conjure,” she finished weakly.

“Ten points to . . . Gryffindor,” said Harry. “Good job. Every person’s Patronus is different. You won’t know what yours is until you conjure one for the first time, but they often take the form of an animal that has special meaning to the caster, or else one that has characteristics that are representative of the witch or wizard the Patronus belongs to.”

He looked at Fleur. “Do you want to demonstrate too?” she nodded and came to stand next to Ginny. Harry looked at them both. “Ready?”

Ginny and Fleur nodded.

Harry didn’t have trouble coming up with happy thoughts these days; almost any recent day worked now that the war was over. He counted to three.

“Expecto Patronum!” Harry, Ginny and Fleur all yelled at the same time.

“Whoa, cool!” the students in the class were duly impressed and began chattering among themselves. Fleur’s large peacock jumped onto the desk and unfurled its feathers causing the class to break into applause.

Harry watched his stag canter lightly around the classroom; he hadn’t conjured it since the Final Battle, he realized. He watched it fondly, not really paying attention to the rest of the class until the voice of one student broke into his thoughts.

“Awww, that’s so cute, they match!” The girl that looked like Hermione was pointing at another silvery figure across the room.

Harry was confused. Snape’s dead. He pulled out his wand and then realized that Ginny was standing next to the silver doe with a perplexed look on her face. She caught Harry’s eye and shrugged.

Fleur had banished her own Patronus with a flick of her wand. “Okay everyone, that’s enough for today. We ‘ave about five minutes for me to set your ‘omework before the bell rings.” She turned to Harry and Ginny.

“Thank you so much for the demonstration, mes cheries,” she said. Her eyes were twinkling at them and Harry got the impression she was trying to hold back a smile.

“We will see you again later for my second and third years, non?”

“Uhh, yeah,” said Harry. “I’ll be back later. But I think Ginny has class then.”

“I do,” she said. She seemed distracted.

They left the classroom together and walked along the corridor in silence. Finally Harry spoke.
“When did your Patronus change to a doe?”

“I don’t know.” Ginny’s voice was small beside him. “The last time I conjured it was at the Final Battle. It was still a horse then.” She looked up at Harry. “I don’t want you to think . . .” she began, just as Harry said, “Maybe it’s because . . .” He stopped.

“Go on,” said Ginny. “Maybe it’s because what?”

Harry shuffled a bit. “Well, maybe it’s because of our agreement, you know?”

Ginny wrinkled her brow. “Yeah, but people have sex all the time and their Patronuses don’t change.”

Harry shrugged, non-plussed. “Most people don’t make a formal agreement to have sex some time in the future either,” he said. He knocked his hip into hers. “Or maybe you still have that old crush on me?”

Ginny smacked him on the shoulder. “I was afraid you’d think that!” she cried. “And no, I don’t, thank you very much. I have no idea why it changed. Maybe I was always meant to have the doe but couldn’t as long as Snape did.”

“Hmmm, maybe,” said Harry.

They didn’t mention it again. Fleur never said anything either, for which Harry was glad. He could only imagine what Ginny’s brothers would say about something that really was not a big deal at all.
Reviews 102
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear