Search:

SIYE Time:1:06 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Addicted
By razzbery_91

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:All, Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff, Romance
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 7
Summary: This is my take on Bill's wedding. Takes place the summer after the sixth year. As wedding bells are ringing at the Burrow our boy wonder is trying his hardest to refrain his thoughts from straying over to a certain red-head angel. Major Fluff! Please Read and Review.
Hitcount: Story Total: 3686



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work. The song is "addicted" by Enrique Eglesias. I own nothing.



Author's Notes:
Hey all!
This is my first fiction. I realy hope you all like it. All suggestions and comments are appreciated.

I would like to give a big big thankyou to my amazing beta Amelie. she has been a great help.
this fic is completely fluffy, also it isnt excatly a songfic, just a littel bit like it towards the end.
Please read and review.




ChapterPrinter


“Bloody buggering fairy lights…stupid veelas…” grumbled Harry while kicking everything that was in his vicinity. The night was fairly pleasant, but the cool breeze did little to calm Harry as he ruthlessly wrenched his bow tie lose. The mop of black hair that had been painstakingly set by Hermione using a Muggle gel now stuck out at odd angles, his rumpled white shirt unbuttoned up to the third button made him look utterly disheveled. “What exactly did I do?! ”, he muttered desperately as he paced around the meadow thinking about the past few hours…
 
  
The backyard was almost unrecognizable when Harry, Ron and Hermione stepped out of the front door. Fairy lights adorned the hedges and trees. Chairs covered in white satin were lined up on both sides of the aisle. The guests had already taken their seats and Harry could feel numerous eyes on him as he made his way over to the front row, where Mr. Weasley had asked him and Hermione to sit. They took their seats as Ron joined Fred and George on the platform beside Bill and Charlie.
 
Harry could hear Mrs. Weasley sniffling as Mr. Weasley comforted her. All the Weasley men were dressed in midnight blue tuxes and the fact that Fleur and Mrs. Weasley insisted that he too followed the same dress code as the rest of the family was very touching for Harry. And he had to admit that Fleur really did have great fashion sense…all men did look exceptionally good tonight. Fleur had insisted that all women wear different dress robes to “accentuate their features”, whatever that meant, and so he sat beside Hermione who wore a periwinkle blue gown, her hair twisted into a knot much like the Yule ball’s and judging how Ron couldn’t take his eyes off her the entire evening, Harry guessed he approve Fleur choice too.
 
As he had never been to a wedding before, let alone a magical wedding, Hermione was feverishly whispering the Wizarding tradition to him.
 
“…it’s much like a Muggle wedding, only here the bride and groom are actually bound together by magic, it’s kind of like a soul bond…”

The rest of her words drowned as the music began playing and the ceremony began. However, Harry doubted he would have heard anything even if it were absolutely quiet and Hermione were shouting in his ear, because just that minute all sensible thoughts left Harry as he watched a red-headed angel walk down the aisle. In Harry’s mind, Ginevra Weasley had never looked more gorgeous…no, beautiful, ever before. Her strapless gold dress clung to her like a second skin showing off her curves more than ever. The sprinkle of freckles over her left shoulder was so inviting that it took all of his might not to cross the aisle and take her in his arms and shower her perfect collarbones with kisses.
 
He could not tear his eyes away from her as she elegantly walked down the aisle. He barely noticed Gabrielle Delacour, who was sending very suggestive smiles his way. Fleur and Gabrielle together literally had every male in the garden swooning out of their seats, that is, every male…except Harry. Of course it took him a while to realize this when he finally woke up from his trance as Hermione pinched him. He turned a deep shade of red as he practically felt Hermione smirking at him. ‘Boy, this is going to be harder than I thought,’ Harry thought as he resolutely began studying his fingers.

The ceremony, Harry felt, was too long as he fought to keep images of Ginny in the white silk that currently clung to Fleur’s body out of his mind, but he couldn’t keep himself from wishing that one day it would be him and Ginny sharing this special that Bill was sharing with Fleur.
 
When the ceremony was officially over, Mr. Weasley vanished the chairs and the marquee was transformed into a dance floor. Soft music was playing and the newlyweds enjoyed their first dance as husband and wife followed by the best man, Charlie, and maid of honor, Gabrielle. As Harry settled himself in one of the chairs, his eyes automatically sought Ginny, who was dancing with one of Fleur French friends. Jealousy flared up inside him as he saw her laugh at something the blonde git whispered in her ear.

He was too busy planning the most painful death for the Blonde Git (which was his official name as far as Harry was concerned) that he didn’t notice that a French blonde was coming his way too, only this was a girl.
 
“’aary…I ‘ave been loookeeng for ‘ou.”, a heavily accented voice startled him out of his musings and he dragged his eyes off the dance floor, only to find Gabrielle Delacour’s baby blue eyes staring up at him through thick long lashes merely inches from his face.
 
He jerked back and accidentally knocked the glass on the table, blushing beet root, both, because of her closeness and his clumsiness, Harry stammered out a “yy-yes?”
 
Gabrielle giggled and tossed her shiny mane over shoulder and said in a throaty voice, “Will ‘you dance with mee, ‘aary?”
 
He opened his mouth to politely turn her down, but she was already dragging him to the dance floor where she placed herself so close that he knew she would have gained herself a serious bat bogey hex from Ginny if she were still his girlfriend…only, he thought with a sigh, “she wasn’t! And that’s all because you’re a noble git! ”
 
After shifting awkwardly from one foot to another, which Gabrielle didn’t seem to notice at all, he tried to excuse himself. But she apparently had other plans as he felt her hand trail down his back, dangerously close to his bum. He nearly jumped out of his skin as he felt her pinch him there. He pushed her away and hurriedly scanned the room to see if anybody had noticed…apparently no one had…no one, except Ginny.
 
He saw her eyes narrow as she excused herself from her partner and stalked off to the Burrow, her eyes burning holes into Gabrielle, and Harry knew that if looks could kill…the blonde before him would be six feet under, the very blonde who was gazing up at him innocently, as if she had no idea what she had done wrong.

Harry muttered a hurried “excuse me” before going in search of Ginny. Apparently Gabrielle was not accustomed to being ignored by boys, as her outraged expression told Harry he should stay clear of her for the rest of her visit. But she was the last thing on his mind that time while he fervently searched for Ginny. His Ginny, whose eyes, if he wasn’t wrong, were shining with unshed tears as she had hurried into the Burrow. And that’s what really had him worried…Ginny rarely cried.
 
He ignored Ron on his way as he bounded up the stairs that lead to her room.
 
“Ginny! Gin, open up!” he cried as he knocked her door. When he received no response, Harry opened the door and stepped inside. He found her leaning against the window. She seemed to have regained her composure, but it wasn’t a comfort for Harry as he saw her turn around at lightning speed, wand at the ready. He visibly gulped at her hissing menacingly, “What?”
 
“I… I… er… wanted to know if you were alright…”, Harry trailed off uncertainly as he saw her arch up a perfectly made eyebrow.
 
“Alright? Oh of course, ’aarrry,” she said sarcastically in a heavily made up accent.
 
“Hey, I was just making sure…” he began defensively, but he was rudely cut off by her scathing tone.
 
“Making sure? Making sure what exactly? That I was okay? That’s a bit rich coming from you, don’t you think?...first breaking up with me for some stupid noble cause then dancing with that French veela…getting your bum pinched!...and then coming and asking if I was “okay”…only you could manage such a mess, Harry Potter...” she said in an extremely cold tone.
 
His protest died in his throat as he watched her hair fan out around her face, which was red with anger, her curls coming into her mouth as she spoke. Harry desperately wanted to tuck them behind her ear. To him she was a vision of beauty… a dangerous forbidden fruit that he was finding harder and harder to resist.
 
He stood transfixed as he watched her vent out her anger. The monster in his chest purred as he realized she was jealous. A harsh poke jerked him back to reality.
 
“Are you even listening to me?!” She all but shrieked at him.
 
“Uh…yeah…of -of course Gin,” he stammered feeling truly afraid of her as she pointed her wand at his throat.
 
“You know what, Harry-bloody-potter? Get the bloody hell OUT OF MY ROOM!” she shrieked as she banished him out of her door.

 _________________________________ _____________________________________

And so now he paced around the meadow trying to figure out how was Gabrielle pinching his bum supposed to be his fault. His muttering continued as he heard Hermione’s voice from round the corner.
 
“Harry! Where on earth have you been? Everyone’s been looking for you and what have you done to your tux? Fleur would kill you if she saw this…” she scolded him as she came into his view.
 
He stared at her dumbly as she asked him question after question. He’d learnt long ago not to even try to keep up with her questionnaires. He heard her sigh exasperatedly at his look before she dragged him back to the party.
 
It seemed like he had missed the toasts, and now it was time for a game Fred and George had planned. He was already weary and was very careful not to look in Ginny’s direction, and Gabrielle’s too, for that matter. He seemed to have a rotten luck when it came to women, except for Hermione and Mrs. Weasley, of course, but he wondered if sisters and mothers counted.
 
“Witches and Wizards…” Fred’s voice boomed across the garden.
 
“Gred and Forge are proud to present…”

“…the very first…”

“…wizard’s karaoke machine!” George finished in a flourish as Fred unveiled a very Muggle-looking machinery.
 
There was a makeshift dance floor with a floating screen which a crystal ball made on it. Two speakers were behind the floor and a microphone was floating in the center.
 
“The game is simple,” began Fred
 
“…you just step on the platform”, said George completing Fred’s sentence.
 
“…touch the crystal and …”
 
“…it will read your mood …”
 
“…and according to it…”
 
“…the screen will display a song…”
 
“…which you’ll have to sing! ” finished Fred with an wicked smile.
 
There were a few protests, but they were drowned amidst the cheering. Harry wanted to crawl under the table to escape. There was no way he was ever going up that thing.
 
He watched as bill and Fleur sang ‘this is the night’ together, and he couldn’t help but wish it were him and Ginny. It seemed that Fred and George had charmed the microphone to enhance the voices as the voices coming out of the speaker sounded almost professional.
 
After about half the wedding guests had been up on stage, Harry finally felt relaxed feeling that maybe he wouldn’t be picked after all. But his relief was short lived as he saw the twins give each other gleeful smiles and point towards him. The next thing he knew was the whole Weasley clan and Hermione, minus Ginny of course, dragging him up the stage.
 
He could feel himself sweating as Ron forced his finger to touch the crystal. A moment later he saw the words forming on the screen and he felt himself growing hot from embarrassment as the screen displayed the words “addicted”.
 
He could almost feel the knowing looks and smirks he was getting from half the wedding guests, all of whom, he was sure, knew about his feelings for Ginny.
 
The Weasleys left him alone and he could feel hundreds of expectant eyes on him. He took in a deep breath and let the music take over as the speakers blared out the familiar tune of the song he’d heard once coming from Dudley’s cd player.
 
Well if I am going to hell…I might as well do it thoroughly, he thought as he began singing.
 
Have I told you how good it feels to be me,
when I'm in you?
I can only stay clean
when you are around.
Don't let me fall.
If I close my eyes forever,
would it ease the pain?
Could I breathe again?

 
He didn’t dare to look up as he heard a few gasps around him. He could feel his neck grow hot, but he continued with the song anyway, this time in earnest.
 
Maybe I'm addicted,
I'm out of control,
but you're the drug
that keeps me from dying.
Maybe I'm a liar,
but all I really know is
you're the only reason I'm trying.

 
He finally looked up to see many eyes brimming with tears, of which he recognized only three -Hermione, Mrs. Weasley and, shockingly, even Professor McGonagall’s. He tore his eyes away from their caring and empathetic faces and found solemn looking Weasley men with an expression that was nearly close to pride and respect. He quickly turned his eyes back at the screen and continued.
 
I am wasted away,
I made a million mistakes.
Am I too late?
There is a storm in my head;
it rains on my bed
when you are not here.
I'm not afraid of dying,
but I am afraid of losing you.

 
He finally worked up the courage to look at Ginny. The look in her eyes broke his heart into a million pieces. Her eyes were glazed over, her cheeks tear stained as she looked at him with such a loving look that his knees could have given out. There was no contempt in her eyes…no anger…just love, complete and true love. He was sure that he had never felt for anyone so strongly as he did for Ginny Weasley that very moment as he sang his heart out to her. Looking into her eyes for the very first time that evening, realizing truly how wrong he had been… his eyes were begging for forgiveness as he sang,
 
When you're lying next to me
love is going through to me.
Oh it's beautiful.
Everything is clear to me
'till I hit reality
and I lose it all...
I lose it all...
I lose it all.
Nah nah nah nah nah nah.....
nah nah nah nah nah nah....


His legs seemed to have a mind of their own as they moved towards her. He saw her stand up and make her way towards him, tears flowing freely from her eyes.

You're the only reason,
Yeah, you're the only reason I'm trying,
Oh, I'm trying, I'm trying, I'm trying,
Don't want to lose it all,
Don't want to lose it all,
I'm trying, I'm trying..
I'm trying...

 
He met her half way through the dance floor and gathered her into his arms as he sung softly into her ear…

Yeah, you know I'm addicted,
You know I'm addicted,
Yeah, you know I'm addicted....

 
 
He finished and looked deep into her eyes and found complete understanding. No words were needed between them as he dipped his head and claimed the love of his life in a searing kiss.
 
The end!!!


see that cute little box below?... :-P....yeah thats right!...please review!!!
Reviews 7
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear