Search:

SIYE Time:18:14 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Seven Ways to Harry's Heart
By bd813

- Text Size +

Category: Seven Words Challenge (2009-4)
Characters:None
Genres: Fluff, Romance
Warnings: Mild Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 8
Summary: Harry needs a bit of help becoming the best boyfriend he can be. Ginny has just the answer, her Young Witches Romance novels and seven carefully chosen words to act out. Will it be enough to win Harry's heart?
Hitcount: Story Total: 4280



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
This is my first fanfiction. Please be kind!
STAFF NOTE: I proofed this story for BD813 so it would get in before the deadline. It has been corrected to a sufficient standard for validation, with no major changes made beyond basic grammar and punctuation. /Torak




ChapterPrinter


Chapter 1 Spontaneous

Ginny Weasley had loved Harry Potter since she was ten years old. Since before Harry knew her as Ron’s little sister, since before Harry knew her as a friend and fellow DA member and especially before Harry knew he loved her too. This love would guard and protect Harry from Voldemort and bring them back to each other after the war. A rare love indeed though neither of them knew it. Harry knew his feelings for Ginny were special and precious, but he had trouble releasing and embracing those feelings. Ginny, on the other hand, wore her feelings on her sleeve, expressing them whenever and wherever an opportune moment presented itself.

Ginny wanted to help Harry free the love he kept hidden in his heart for her. After all the war was over, no more hiding or guarding it was necessary. As men go, Ginny knew that Harry was the bravest and most loyal one she would ever know, but as a boyfriend, he was seriously lacking. Having lost his parents at such an early age, Harry had no example to guide him in the ways of the heart and how to act on those feelings. He seldom held Ginny’s hand, kissed her or even told her he loved her. All the things Ginny longed for from Harry.

As the daily routine at the Burrow turned into night, dinner together had become a necessity. Following the war and the loss of Fred and other loved ones, Mrs. Weasley insisted that Harry stay with them. Harry was delighted of course, closer to Ginny and Ron too. No one really minded dinner together, especially Harry. Although he would always miss his mom and dad, the Weasleys had become the closest thing to family to him. When dinner was done, the dishes washed, and the family all tucked into their beds, Ginny began her favorite part of her day, reading. Not spell books, or history books, but romance novels. Ginny allowed the fantasy of her Young Witch Romance novels to transport her and Harry to a new level of love, devotion and desire by pretending they were the hero and heroine of the books. On this particular evening, Ginny had begun a new novel borrowed from Hermione, since she had read all of hers. Once again while reading the first chapter Ginny allowed Harry to become the hero and herself the heroine. As she delved further and further into her novel, Ginny’s mind became flooded with images of places and feelings she wanted to share with Harry.

“Maybe one day,” Ginny sighed to herself, continuing to read her book as the hero and heroine of the story’s romance ’blossomed like a rose’.

“A rose,” Ginny said whimsically, “I’d love to show Harry the roses growing across the stream.”

Then she surprised herself by summoning parchment and a quill, and making a list of all the things she would like to show and share with Harry. Some ideas were simple, like the roses, but some ideas were extremely complicated, like deep affection. How would she ever get to do all these things?

“Too much for one day,” thought Ginny, “maybe if I spread it out over several days or a week I wouldn’t freak Harry out and we could enjoy each moment together."

Ginny began to make a plan. She needed a theme for each day, some sort of guide. As she glanced down at the novel it was opened to...



Chapter 2 Adoration and Excitement.

“That’s it!” cried Ginny. “The things I want to share with Harry can be centered on a word.”

Ginny busily wrote down words that represented her innermost feelings for Harry, including excitement, adoration, simplicity, spontaneity, playfulness, flourishing and enduring.

Ginny was so excited about her plan she jumped out of bed and began to creep her way upstairs to where Harry slept.

“Harry, wake up,” Ginny crooned. Nothing happened.

“Harry. Harry, it’s me, Ginny.” She poked him in the side. That did it; Harry was very ticklish on his side.

“What is it Ginny? What’s wrong?” Harry woke with a start. He grabbed his glasses and put them on as Ginny came into focus.

“Nothing is wrong Harry, I just had an idea and I wanted to tell you about it,” said Ginny.

“What sort of idea?” asked Harry, pulling up the covers as he slowly backed away from Ginny.

“I know you have issues with feelings and I want to help you get past that, so I wanted to surprise you with things to do based on a word I choose each day for seven days.”

“I don’t quite understand,” said Harry.

“You don’t really have to,” said Ginny, “but do you trust me?”

“Yes, but...” Harry began.

“If you trust me then you know I won’t do anything to embarrass you or hurt you,” Ginny stated.

“I know,” Harry said sheepishly as he yawned.

“Then can we try this, please?” using her chocolate brown eyes to look deep into Harry’s green eyes. As Harry looked back into Ginny’s eyes he could see the importance of this to her.

“OK Ginny, sure, we’ll try whatever this is.” Harry gave in.

“You’re the best,” Ginny shouted a little louder than she anticipated, causing Ron to snort loudly and turn over in his bed. Ginny then got up from sitting on the side of Harry’s bed.

“Goodnight Harry,” said Ginny placing her hand on the doorknob.

As Harry threw back the covers and got out of bed he walked three steps until his body stood within inches of Ginny’s. Harry could feel himself falling deeper and deeper into Ginny’s pools of brown eyes, before he finally whispered “Goodnight, Ginny."

Shaking with every fiber of her being, Ginny leaned towards Harry and kissed him quickly but squarely on the lips. She then promptly opened Harry’s door, let herself out and crept back to her own room. Even though Ginny’s heart was nearly beating out of her chest, she was happier than she had been in a long time. What she didn’t know was that upstairs Harry’s heart also was racing after Ginny’s kiss. Once she had shut the door, Harry stepped towards the door and slid down it to the floor, completely stunned.

As night gave way to morning’s early light, Ginny got out of bed, showered and dressed, taking extra care in her choice of clothes and fixing her hair. She even applied a hint of makeup, an unusual act for her.

“Today it all begins,” thought Ginny excitedly.

“Today is...” She thought for a minute. “...spontaneity day. I am going to catch Harry off guard like I did last night so he can see how good it feels to enjoy the moment,” Ginny decided.

Once she had decided her hair was perfect and her make up just right, Ginny proceeded downstairs where everyone was feasting on breakfast. She walked right over to Harry, kissed him on the cheek and chirped “Good morning”. Ginny then took her seat at the table. Harry blushed 12 shades of red while the rest of her family looked at each other, totally confused and awestruck.

“Good morning dear,” Mrs. Weasley said to Ginny. “Glad to see you in such a... er... loving mood today.”

Ginny glanced sideways as Harry responded “Sure, mum.”

Day one had officially begun. Ginny was exactly sure what she wanted to do today and how she would accomplish it. After breakfast Ginny suggested to Harry that they take a walk.

“Sure,” exclaimed Harry. As they grabbed their coats and headed out the door, Harry took a deep breath and turned to Ginny.

“I’m not sure what is going to happen today, but the suspense is killing me. This has to be better than anything I have been through till now.”

“You’ll see, love,” said Ginny, “you’ll see.” As the two began walking to Ginny’s favorite tree, Ginny spontaneously grabbed Harry’s hand.

“Do you mind?” asked Ginny

“Not at all,” Harry said regretfully. “I’m just sorry I didn’t think of it first.”

“Don’t be sorry, Harry. All that matters is that we enjoy holding hands,” Ginny assured a sad Harry.

“I absolutely love holding your hand Ginny,” said Harry once again looking into Ginny’s brown eyes.

“Um, let’s go this way,” said Ginny as she led Harry towards the edge of the tree line. For the better part of the day into the early evening, Harry and Ginny walked the woods surrounding the Burrow, talking and laughing about nothing in particular. As they returned to the house, Ginny stopped just feet from the back door and turned to look at Harry.

“What? Do I have wrackspurts floating again?” Harry asked as he pretended to shoo them away with his hands.

“No, Harry,” said Ginny, “it’s... well, just this.” Ginny leaned to Harry, closed her eyes and kissed him.

It started as just a peck, but as Harry allowed himself to let go, he allowed the kiss to deepen, putting his hands on Ginny’s waist as she wrapped hers around his neck. This kiss was like no other kiss they had ever shared. In a word it was wonderful. When the kiss ended it was Harry who spoke first.

“Where did that come from?” he asked, a bit breathless.

“I don’t know,” said Ginny, “but let’s find out again soon.”

Harry chuckled as Ginny opened the door to her awaiting family. Later, as Ginny and Harry lay in their own beds, Harry could finally fully appreciate all the facets of their day together, the touching, the laughing, the talking and the kissing.

“She made my toes curl,” said Harry, a bit too loud.

“What did you say, mate?” asked Ron.

“Er, nothing, goodnight,” said Harry as he removed his glasses and laid them on the nightstand.

“Goodnight then,” said Ron, a bit confused but too tired to care.

Downstairs Ginny was reveling in her accomplishment today, showing Harry how to be spontaneous.

“Now, what will tomorrow be?” she asked herself. “I know: excitement. I will show Harry some excitement - after all, that kiss was pretty exciting!” she said as she lifted her wand. “Nox.”

Snuggling deep into her bed and hugging a pillow, pretending it was Harry, she sighed. “I can hardly wait to see his reaction. Sooo excited,” Ginny lazily said as she dozed off to sleep.



Chapter 2 Excitement

As Ginny woke up, the previous day’s events came into her mind.

“I get to see Harry,” Ginny sang over and over as she danced around her room. After she washed her face, combed her hair and dressed, she opened her bedroom door only to find Harry standing in her doorway.

“Good morning, beautiful,” said Harry a bit startled

“Good morning to you, handsome,” said Ginny. Then out of nowhere, Harry leaned over and kissed Ginny on the cheek.

“What was that for?” asked Ginny curiously.

“Just good morning,” said Harry as he took Ginny’s hand to lead her downstairs to the kitchen, but not before she looked back into her room to catch a quick glance of her Young Witch Romance book and smiled to herself.

Once breakfast was finished and the daily chores were completed, Ginny asked Harry “How about a ride around the house?”

“Absolutely!” responded an excited Harry.

If there was only one thing that Ginny and Harry knew about each other it is their love of flying. Both of them loved the thrill and excitement of the wind whooshing past them as they flew through the air.

“I’ll race you to the broom shed,” called Ginny as she took off running.

“Oh no you don’t,” called a second-place Harry.

Just as Harry caught up to Ginny she suddenly stopped, grabbing her ankle and cried out in pain. Harry immediately rushed to her side, crouching down, prepared to pick her up.

“Fooled you,” Ginny laughed as she jumped up and ran towards the shed, leaving a completely bewildered but amazed Harry behind.

“That’s not fair,” cried Harry as he charged towards Ginny.

“What’s not fair?” asked Ginny.

“You cheated, you tricked me,” Harry said, a bit flustered.

“All is fair in love and war,” Ginny said confidently.

As Harry stepped forward to enter the shed, Ginny grabbed him by the front of his shirt and not so gently slammed him into the door of the shed.

As she moved closer to Harry, still clutching his shirt, she said to him “How is this for fair?”

“I’d say you won fair and square,” Harry replied as Ginny inched closer to him.

At that moment no one else existed but Harry and Ginny. The electric charge in the air was unmistakable as Harry looked deeply into Ginny’s eyes allowing her to draw him closer, their bodies touching. As Ginny feverishly kissed Harry, he responded to her touch by tightening his grip around her body, landing his hands around her lower back. Ginny, unwilling to end the kiss, relaxed her hands as they slid up Harry’s neck and locked behind his head. The magic of their connection was obvious as the kiss lingered and deepened, leaving both Harry and Ginny gasping.

“You are so unpredictable, Ginny Weasley. I lo-” Harry suddenly stopped.

“You what?” asked a stunned Ginny.

“Um, I love your appetite for life,” Harry stuttered, trying to cover up what he really meant to say.

“I think, Harry Potter, you love more than that, but that will do for now,” Ginny said as she let go of Harry’s neck. As she did, she quickly kissed him once more, leaving Harry dismayed at himself and amazed at her.

Ginny turned and walked away from Harry grabbing the broomstick from the shed.

“You coming?” she asked Harry as she took off on her broom.

After flying around the yard, in between the trees and over the stream, an idea struck Ginny. “Let’s rest on the bank of the stream for a bit” she said.

“Ok” responded a happy Harry.

He is glad to be able to spend more time with Ginny, alone. As they both landed their brooms, Ginny led Harry to a large tree by the side of the stream and sat down under it. They talked about school, friends and life dreams before the conversation turned to the war and loved ones lost. Ginny, sensing Harry was slipping into a dark place again knew it is up her to change the subject.

“How about a swim” Ginny asked Harry smugly.

“We don’t have our suits Ginny” a baffled Harry answered.

“We don’t need a suit” Ginny replied as she walked to the water’s edge.

Dipping her foot into the water felt so good that Ginny proceeded to slip her other foot in the water also and take a few steps until she is ankle deep in the cool rushing water. Realizing Ginny had every intention of swimming; Harry got up and walked to the edge of the bank.

“Glad to see you decided to join me” Ginny said to Harry as she kicked a stream of water at him, soaking the front of this shirt.

“Oh you’re in for it now” said Harry as he removed his shoes and stepped carefully into the water.

“Come and get me” Ginny yelled to Harry as she walked deeper into the stream.

Never one to back down from a challenge, Harry started to follow Ginny, and then stopped. He had a better idea. He then kicked water at Ginny, soaking her shirt and pants. As the water fight continued Ginny and Harry moved closer to each other until they were mere inches apart, soaking wet. At once, Ginny and Harry grabbed each other, kissing the other passionately until they fell back into the water.

“A little excitement does a wizard good,” Ginny said complacently as she got up and headed towards the stream bank, using her wand to instantly dry her clothes.

Harry smiled as he exited the water and followed suit. Returning to the Burrow in time to help Mrs. Weasley with dinner, Ron and Harry played a few games of wizard chess while Ginny, tired from the day, bade everyone goodnight. She had been anxious all night to escape back into her Young Witch romance book to make plans for tomorrow. Reading the next few chapters inspired Ginny’s next word to shower Harry with clues... adoration.



Chapter 3 Adoration

Ginny awoke that morning, puzzled. “How do I show Harry how to adore me?” she asked herself.

“This one is hard,” she said as ideas began to pop into her head.

“I could make him breakfast in bed,” she decided, “and I could make him a treacle tart, its Harry’s favorite.”

As Ginny dressed and headed downstairs before anyone else, she was especially quiet. She went into the kitchen and eagerly prepared Harry eggs, fried sausages, and toast with jam and pumpkin juice. Once his breakfast is ready Ginny placed it on a tray and charmed the tray to float in front of her up to Ron’s room. As she silently opened the door, she saw Harry’s green eyes already opened. He smiled widely when he saw her.

“You’re already awake?” Ginny asked him a bit disappointed.

“I was dreaming of you when I smelled your perfume coming up the stairs,” Harry said, and seeing the floating tray of breakfast asked “What is this for?”

“Just because I wanted to,” said Ginny.

“You are so good to me, Ginny,” Harry said as he leaned towards Ginny to kiss her on the cheek.

Harry then sat up as Ginny placed the tray on his lap, then sat on the edge of the bed.

“What’s all the racket?” asked Ron as he opened one eye to see Ginny on Harry’s bed.

“Ginny, what are you doing?”

“I’m bringing Harry breakfast, you prat,” said a flustered Ginny.

“Do it quieter will you,” snorted Ron.

“Go sleep somewhere else,” Ginny told Ron. With that he grabbed his pillow and blanket and headed out the door.

“He is so pathetic,” said Harry, still laughing at his best friend.

“My brother the pathetic prat, that’s him,” said Ginny with a matter of fact tone.

“How is your breakfast?” Ginny asked Harry as he continued to eat.

“Excellent,” Harry confirmed.

Ginny got up to leave. “Will you stay with me while I finish eating?” Harry asked.

“Of course,” Ginny replied.

“What a wonderful way to start off the morning,” Harry told Ginny as he took her hand.

“Thank you Ginny,” said Harry. “You’re so...so... adorable.” Ginny blushed at Harry’s words.

She liked the fact that he thought she was adorable. After Harry finished his breakfast and Ginny took the dishes, she asked Harry how he would like a treacle tart for dessert that night.

“How can I say no, it’s my favorite!” exclaimed Harry.

“Exactly,” said Ginny as she took out her wand and began to summon the ingredients she would need.

As they flew from the cupboard to the kitchen counter, Ginny had a rather brilliant but odd idea as the bag of flour landed beside her.

Ginny called out to Harry, “My hands are full, can you get that pan for me?” She pointed with her elbow to the top of the cabinet.

As Harry whipped out his wand to get the pan, Ginny reached back, took a handful of flour and threw it at Harry, hitting him squarely in the face. Harry, completely astonished, could only look at Ginny as he planned his attack. He looked her dead in the eyes, smiled a mischievous grin and took a few steps forward until he reached the bag of flour. He pointed his wand at Ginny, making her very nervous as he took a handful of flour in the other. Fluidly but skillfully Harry threw the flour at Ginny giving her a good sprinkling from head to toe. The fight was on. Harry summoned his own bag of flour as he and Ginny threw it at each other laughing all the while. Once their senses returned about them, they looked around the kitchen.

“Mum is going to kill us,” cried Ginny.

“Not if we get it cleaned up before she gets home,” said Harry as he began to siphon the flour up with his wand.

Just as Harry began the diligent task of cleaning up the mess, Ginny once again peppered him with the messy flour.

“Ginny!” cried Harry a bit irritated.

“Haaarrrryyyy!” responded Ginny as she ran from the kitchen and Harry’s wrath.

“I am trying to clean up before your mum uses the Cruciatus Curse on us,” Harry told her.

“OK,” Ginny admitted defeated as she too began the task of cleaning up the mess.

At that very moment Harry looked at Ginny, seeing the fun and loving way she lived her life and the way she loved her family. Never had Harry’s feelings of adoration and love been stronger for Ginny than at that moment. That powerful pull willed Harry to stare into Ginny’s big brown eyes, walk over to her, put his arms around her and kiss her deeply. This took Ginny by surprise, but once she recovered from the shock she wound her arms around Harry’s waist, holding herself up from collapsing under the weakness of her knees. The kiss lasted long enough that they both began to get carried away and forget that they were in the kitchen of the Burrow until a familiar sound reminded them.

“Ginevra Weasley and Harry Potter, what have you done to my kitchen?” Mrs. Weasley shouted.

At that moment, reality came crashing back to them as they realized just where they were and the state of the room around them.

“Um, we were making a Treacle tart for dessert, mum,” Ginny said more like a question than an answer.

“For Merlin’s sake look at this mess,” Mrs. Weasley said to Ginny and Harry.

“We’ll get right on it Mrs. Weasley,” Harry said quickly.

“And Harry dear, what are you doing kissing my daughter?” Mrs. Weasley asked him accusingly.

Harry gulped before responding.

“You know Ginny and I are more than friends, well she was just so gorgeous covered from head to toe in flour, I couldn’t resist.” Harry took a deep breath and waited.

Mrs. Weasley took a step towards them and stared before extending her arms and pulled them both into a crushing hug.

“We all knew of course, but well it’s exciting to see firsthand none the less,” Mrs. Weasley informed the stunned couple.

She left Ginny and Harry to continue cleaning up the kitchen, all the while secretly spying on them from time to time, finding them either smiling at each other or in deep conversation, filling her heart with joy.

Once the kitchen was spick and span, Ginny and Harry were free to do what they wanted. As much as they hated to separate, Harry needed to see Professor McGonagall and Ginny, who wasn’t invited along, wanted to read more of her Young Witch Romance book to prepare for tomorrow’s clues. The rest of the day passed uneventfully with Harry not returning home from his errands until late and Ginny reading all afternoon in to early evening until her mother called her to help with dinner.

“This idea just has to be true,” Ginny thought out loud to herself, “I read it in my Young Witch Romance and it hasn’t let me down yet!”

Ginny decided the next day’s clue word then went on downstairs to her family and her love.



Chapter 4 Simplicity

‘As Nicholas attempted to win over Emma’s love, he began to shower her with life’s simplicities; a rose, and a nature walk,’ Ginny read in her book.

“That’s it today, simplicity,” Ginny announced to herself as she dressed for the day.

She knew exactly what simple things she wanted to show Harry: the roses growing in the woods, playing a game of checkers, just being together. After breakfast and the chores were completed, Ginny enticed Harry into playing a game of checkers with her. Such a simple game to play, but with huge results for Ginny. She and Harry laughed at themselves and each other while trying to maintain the game. It was so hard for them to do because they would rather make sure the other won the game. After several hours and a tied game, Ginny and Harry both decided to end the game — tied.

“Let’s go for a walk. I want to show you something,” Ginny suggested to Harry.

“OK, sounds great,” Harry accepted eagerly.

Once outside, Ginny began to lead Harry towards the woods on the western side of the house when all at once, he stopped her.

“Wait,” said Harry nervously.

“What is it?” asked Ginny puzzled.

“This,” said Harry as he took her hand in his.

“Now,” said Harry, “we can go.”

As they continued walking Ginny responded to Harry’s gesture of holding her hand by saying “simplicity.” Harry looked at her a bit bewildered but said nothing. He definitely was catching on. They wandered through the woods, looking at flowers and plants as they walked until Ginny stopped at a particularly grand green bush.

“This, Harry, is what I wanted to show you,” said Ginny as she leaned towards a tall bush with large thorns and small green buds.

“My great-great-grandmother planted this rose bush before her only daughter got married. It blooms the most beautiful fiery red roses you can imagine, the color of a Weasley’s hair. Once her daughter, my great grandmother, was married the magnificent blooms fell off and died. Since I am the first girl in seven years, and I am of age, the bush has begun to produce roses again,” Ginny explained as she looked at Harry.

Ginny, for once in her life, didn’t know what to say to Harry. She thought his face reflected love, adoration and awe, but she wasn’t sure until Harry spoke.

“It’s so simple isn’t it, the rose?” Said Harry truly touched Ginny had shared this with him.

“Yes. Once we, I mean my true love, decides in his heart that I am his true love, and plans to propose marriage the rose bush will bloom and continue to bloom until seven days after my wedding. That is just long enough after a wedding for me to plant a piece of it for my own daughter one day.”

“How wonderful,” Harry responded as he once again took Ginny’s hand as they continued their walk, commenting on the birds flying overhead and the deer lurking about.

The rest of their walk back to her house was quiet. Ginny was sure she had messed up by showing him the rose.

“How stupid am I,” Ginny said to herself lying across her bed in her room once they had returned to the Burrow.

Rarely did Ginny cry, but tears were escaping from the corner of her eyes before she could stop them. She felt sure this afternoon’s revelation about the rose had scared Harry away. How truly wrong she was. She just wouldn’t find out until the moment was right. A quiet knock on Ginny’s door startled her.

“Can I come in?” called Harry nervously as Ginny sat up and quickly wiped away her tears.

“Yes,” responded Ginny as she sniffled and forced a smile.

“I was wondering if you would like to enjoy the fire with me downstairs. Ron has taken Hermione to dinner and George and your parents are at Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes so we are all alone.”

Ginny, taken back by Harry’s suggestion, was sure she had frightened him this afternoon, quickly responded “of course”. She took Harry’s arm as they proceeded downstairs into the living room and onto the couch. There in the fireplace was an incredible roaring fire fronted by 2 glasses of Butterbeer.

Ginny, her mood improving vastly turned to Harry. “This is lovely Harry, thank you.”

“Simplicity,” is all Harry responded.

It was at this point Ginny knew Harry got it. This was no longer a game, but about love.

“Simplicity,” responded Ginny.

At that moment Harry pulled Ginny closer to him, placing his hands in hers and drew her head into his chest. Speaking very little, they just enjoyed the moment, being in the presence of the other. Wrapped in each other’s arms was how Mr. and Mrs. Weasley would find Harry and Ginny upon their return to their house.



Chapter 5 Playfulness

Awaking on the fifth morning, Ginny lay in bed and recounted all of her and Harry’s wonderful moments together the past few days. She was surprised and jubilant to see that Harry had learned to take the initiative on more than one occasion. He was learning slowly but surely to be a better boyfriend. After the serious tone yesterday had taken, Ginny wanted today to be a more relaxed day, playful even.

“A trip to Diagon Alley would be great,” Ginny resounded.

“I could go to Flourish and Blotts to get the new Young Witch Romance that came out yesterday. I’m gonna need some new ideas after tomorrow,” she decided, knowing there were only two chapters left in her book.

Ginny got up, showered and dressed for the day, passing Harry in the hallway. After receiving a very quick kiss hello Ginny asked Harry his plans for the day.

“I have an appointment later today but I thought we could spend the better part of the day together,” Harry told Ginny.

“That would be great Harry,” Ginny responded eagerly.

“What would you like to do,” asked an excited Harry of Ginny.

“I need to go to Diagon Alley for a few things if that is ok,” said Ginny.

“Sounds great. I’ll meet you downstairs in 20 minutes.” With that Harry ran up the stairs to the room he shared with Ron.

Ginny returned to her room, making sure she looked her best, once again applying the slightest bit of makeup and brushing her hair.

“Perfect,” said Ginny as she looked in her mirror one last time.

“I couldn’t agree more,” said an awestruck Harry from the doorway of Ginny’s room causing her to jump in surprise.

“Sorry Ginny. I was passing by to meet you, but your door was open so I looked in as always and there you were, like Snow White, fairest of them all,” Harry said apologetically.

“Who?” asked Ginny.

“A fairy princess from a muggle story who was very beautiful,” answered Harry.

“Never mind, I forgot you don’t know the stories. I’ll have to tell you it one day,” said Harry to a mystified Ginny.

“Does it have a happy ending?” asked Ginny not sure if she wanted to hear the ending.

“They lived happily ever after,” said Harry as he smiled the most brilliant smile at Ginny she had ever seen.

With that she took his arm to the kitchen, from where they apparated to Diagon Alley. After visiting the apothecary for Mrs. Weasley, Ginny and Harry set out for Flourish and Blotts.

“What are you looking for?” Harry asked Ginny.

“Oh, the new Young Witch Romance novel that just came out,” Ginny said as she pushed her way through the aisles full of witches and wizards.

“You read romance novels?” Harry asked, baffled by the image of a quidditch-playing Ginny reading a romance novel.

“Yes,” said Ginny, blushing a bit in embarrassment. “I, um, like to read them at night before I go to bed. I like the romance, the true love between the hero and heroine,” Ginny explained to Harry, still a bit flushed.

“You amaze me more and more every day, Ginevra Weasley” said Harry as he leaned over and kissed her right in the middle of the bookstore, then playfully tugged at her hair.

Once Ginny had bought her book, the two wandered from store to store just browsing, playing around wherever possible. In the toy store, Harry chased Ginny around with a giant stuffed Hippogriff and Ginny scared Harry when she put on a Death Eaters toy mask. They left the store hand in hand, laughing at each other.

“Let’s get some sweets at Honeydukes,” suggested Ginny.

“Great idea! I haven’t had a Chocolate Frog since last year,” said Harry, momentarily reflecting on all that had happened in the past year.

“All right you. No brooding. It’s done,” said Ginny trying to rekindle the playful mood they were in.

“I know, it’s just-” began Harry, but was stopped both in motion and in words by a kiss from Ginny. As the kiss lingered for a moment, Ginny was the one who ended it.

“Honeydukes?” reminded Ginny.

“Oh yeah, right” Harry said as they grabbed each other’s hands and apparated right outside of Honeydukes’ Sweet Shop.

After buying chocolate frogs for Harry and a licorice wand for Ginny, the two apparated back to the Burrow.

“Let’s go and sit under the tree,” said Ginny to Harry.

“Great idea, it’s a beautiful day,” said Harry as Ginny led him once again to the large tree by the stream.

This time when Harry sat he motioned for Ginny to sit between his legs, leaning back on his chest so he could put his arms around her. Feeling exuberant, Ginny complied happily. As they chatted on about their day and the different things they had seen in the store windows, Ginny reached back to grab Harry’s shirt, but accidentally tickled him instead.

“Who knew Harry Potter was so ticklish,” said Ginny as she tickled him again.

“Stop it Ginny,” said Harry between his laughter.

“Not on your life,” said Ginny as she turned around to face him, tickling him with both hands now.

Taking advantage of the tiny instant that Ginny’s hands relaxed, Harry seized the moment to grab Ginny around the waist and tickle her full on, forcing her to lean back until she laid on the ground still laughing and writhing from side to side. Harry and Ginny both were laughing so hard neither one of them saw Ron walk up.

“Oi you two, you look like a flobberworm,” uttered Ron, a bit disgusted.

“Harry, get off my baby sister,” Ron continued once he realized the position Ginny and Harry were in.

“You’re so impossible you prat,” said Ginny as she pushed Harry off her and stood up, Harry doing the same.

“Where is Hermione?” Harry asked Ron a bit severely.

“She is spending time with her parents,” Ron replied a bit taken aback by Harry’s attitude.

“Where is she when we need her,” Ginny mumbled as she walked away from Ron.

“Mum wanted me to tell you supper is ready,” Ron said apologetically to Harry as he walked away from him and caught up with Ginny, wrapping his arms around her waist as they walked into the house.

“I think I just lost a baby sister,” Ron said as he walked into the kitchen smiling to himself.

As Ginny lay in bed that night she couldn’t go to sleep. Harry has kissed her goodnight on her doorstep like the proper boyfriend she knew he was deep down inside. The kiss made her toes tingle!

“What should I do tomorrow?” Ginny asked herself as she was reading her book.

“It’s time to see how serious Harry is about me, I wonder what Harry would do if...” Ginny smiled to herself as she snuggled into her bed, smiling as she drifted off to Dreamland with Harry.



Chapter 6 Flourishing

“Fancy a go? Ginny asked Harry after a breakfast of porridge with toast and jam.

“Absolutely, Gin,” Harry replied to Ginny who didn’t miss the pet name he had just called her. Ginny loved it!

As Harry took off into the air on his broom, Ginny said to herself “Oh we will see, Harry Potter. We. Will. See.”

With that Ginny took off on her broom after him. They flew around for hours, playing quidditch for a while then just flying, sometimes behind each other; other times flying side by side holding hands.

“Watch this, Ginny,” Harry said as he let go of Ginny’s hand and sped up until he was flying at full speed. Ginny, having landed, watched in amazement as Harry turned and swerved gracefully, like he was born to fly. As Harry began to fly lower on his broom, he flew headed down, straight for the ground. Ginny instantly knew Harry was going into the Wronski Feint, a professional quidditch move. As Ginny’s heart pounded with excitement, something seemed off about Harry’s descent. Just as Ginny figured out Harry was plunging too low and too fast, Harry’s broomstick brushed the ground for a flash, causing him to lose control and smash into the side of the broomstick shed. Ginny’s feet could not carry her fast enough to him. It was if she was moving in slow motion.
“Harry! Harry, are you alright?” Ginny cried over and over before she got to his side. He was not moving.

“Harry, wake up!” Ginny shrieked as tears began streaming down her cheeks. Ginny gently shook Harry’s chest.

“Harry don’t leave me, I love you! I want to marry you!” Ginny sobbed.

At that instant Harry’s eyes opened up. He looked around trying to figure out what happened to him when he heard Ginny’s voice.

“You crazy, foolish, crazy man! I ought to...” Ginny began to get angry now.

“Did I just hear you say you loved me?” Harry asked Ginny, stunned, as he began to sit up.

“Don’t move! You might have broken something,” a frantic Ginny yelled at a bewildered Harry.

“You didn’t answer me. Did you just say you loved me?” Harry said to Ginny a bit more urgently now.

“Yes,” Ginny simply replied as she knelt beside Harry.

“That is what I thought I heard. Ginevra Molly Weasley, why does it take a near death experience to get you to tell me you love me but better yet, for me to admit that I love you too?" Harry asked a still shaken Ginny.

At that moment, one they would never forget no matter where life took them, Harry and Ginny’s magical connection was complete. They were in love. Not just any love. True, simple, adoring and exciting love and nothing could ever change it.

As Ginny helped Harry up, the rest of the Weasley family came outside.

“Harry dear, are you alright?” cried Mrs. Weasley as she grabbed him into a crushing Weasley hug.

“Yeah, I am fine and, I love your daughter” said Harry as he backed away from Mrs. Weasley, awaiting her reaction.

She reclaimed the steps and put her hands on Harry’s shoulders.

“Merlin’s beard it’s about time you realized it dear! We have known it for ages,” a tearful Mrs. Weasley cried.

“Really?” asked Harry, stunned.

“Really, dear,” Mrs. Weasley answered as tears began to flow down her cheeks.

As Ron and George picked up Harry’s broom pieces, Harry asked Ron what time it was.

“You aren’t seriously worried about the time are you mate?” Ron asked incredulously.

“I have somewhere to be right now,” gasped Harry as he attempted to stand up all the way.

“Seriously mate, did you hit your head on something?” Ron whispered to Harry.

“I am OK Ron, really, but I need a favor from you if you can,” said Harry to Ron as he began to whisper to him.

Ginny, seeing the whispering and not liking it, interrupted them saying “I just got him Ron, your turn is over.”

With that Ginny walked up to Harry and grabbed his hands.

“He is all yours sister,” said Ron as he began to walk away.

“Thanks mate,” said Harry to his retreating friend who was headed to the house with his family, leaving Ginny and Harry alone at last.

“What were you and Ron whispering about?” Ginny asked Harry quizzically.

“You’ll find out later,” said Harry as he began to work out, his tender muscles now stinging a bit from the fall.

“Harry James Potter, if you are keeping secrets from me...” With that Harry silenced Ginny with kiss, a hard, fast magical kiss.

“Now you were saying something about keeping secrets,” Harry asked her, grinning widely that glorious smile he knew she loved.

“No. Kiss me again,” said Ginny as she pulled Harry closer to her, kissing him lovingly and affectionately. Later on, once Harry had cleaned himself up, he assessed the damage to his broom. It was completely destroyed.

“Oh well,” he thought, “it was worth it to finally figure out I loved Ginny and she loves me, true love.” An idea popped into his head.

If nothing else in his life was as easy as this love for Ginny, Harry knew this week of Ginny’s clues and hints had taught him how to be a better boyfriend, friend and man. With an idea, he set off towards the woods alone. Meeting Ron outside, he gave Harry the square box from his secret errand.

“Thanks mate, I owe you one,” said Harry to Ron.

“Just be good to my baby sister,” Ron said to Harry proudly but hesitantly.

“I will love her until the day I die” Harry said to his best friend as he continued on his walk and disappeared into the trees.

“Ron, have you seen Harry?” asked Ginny as she came down the stairs after her shower.

“Yeah, he said to meet him at the tree,” Ron told Ginny confused.

Ginny grabbed open the back door and headed for the tree by the stream, their tree. Once close enough to the tree, she saw Harry.

“Ron says you wanted to me to meet you here,” Ginny said to a zealous, kissing Harry.

“Yes, thank you for coming,” he replied to Ginny in between kisses.

“Harry, I will always come when you ask,” answered Ginny, lovingly looking into Harry’s eyes as he began to speak.

“Ginny, you know I love you. What you don’t know is how much I love you. My love for you is simply eternal."

With that confession Harry pulled from behind his back one single fiery red rose in full bloom.

“My rose!” exclaimed Ginny, recognizing it immediately.

“That would mean...”Ginny looked bewildered at Harry.

“Exactly, I am your true love Ginny. You have taught me with your words and actions what life and love was about,” Harry said to Ginny as tears welled up in his eyes.

“Ginevra Molly Weasley, will you marry me?” Harry asked a weeping Ginny.

As he patiently waited for his answer, an entire lifetime of life and love passed before Ginny’s eyes all containing images of Harry. Harry and Ginny celebrating their engagement. Harry and Ginny at their wedding. Harry and Ginny on their honeymoon. Harry and Ginny welcoming their first child. Everything included Harry, her true love.

“Of course I will marry you Harry,” cried Ginny.

With that she launched into Harry’s arms and kissed him, knowing a lifetime just isn’t long enough.



Chapter 7 Enduring

As Ginny and Harry’s wedding day dawned a jubilant Ginny sprang out of her bed.

“It’s my wedding day,” she cried, running her fingers over her gown.

Lying on the table beside the hanging gown was her Young Witches Romance novel, the romance book that brought her to where she was today.

“I know just where this book belongs,” Ginny thought to herself as she quickly dressed and headed downstairs.

In a flash she was out the door, headed towards the tree line. Ginny swiftly headed for her rose bush, finding it full of the fiery red roses. She picked seven roses, one to represent each one of the seven words that brought her true love. With her roses secure, Ginny raced to the house with her roses and book in tow to get dressed for her wedding to Harry.

As the music began, Ginny stepped out of the house with her father on her arm, seeing the backyard in all its magical glory for the first time. Every inch of it was covered in white silk bunting and white roses all charmed to open from bud to full bloom throughout the ceremony. It was at this moment that Ginny saw Harry. Dressed in new robes, Harry was the most handsome man Ginny had ever seen or would ever see. A magical glow radiated from his smile when he looked up to see Ginny coming towards him.

“Absolutely beautiful,” a tearful Harry whispered to Ron, his best man.

“Yes, she is,” Ron wholeheartedly agreed.

Ginny was a vision in white coming towards him shrouded in satin and lace from head to toe. Her train flowed behind her like a cascading waterfall, trailing the length of the aisle. Once Harry allowed his eyes to leave this angel-like vision, he noticed that she carried a bouquet of the fiery red roses arranged around her Young Witch Novel. As Ginny reached Harry her father placed their two wands together creating a shower of white sparks and a murmur about the crowd. Only a gift of true love could create the bond that now had been formed. As Ginny and Harry looked into each other’s eyes, the Minister of Magic, Kingsley Shacklebolt, began the ceremony.

“Welcome, family and friends, to the joining together of Ginevra Molly Weasley and Harry James Potter," Minister Shacklebolt expressed.

“Ginny and Harry have asked to exchange their own vows to each other,” Kingsley explained to the audience before gesturing to Ginny to begin.

“Harry, first of all I know you and everyone else is wondering why I am carrying a book in my bouquet. It is because of this book I stand here today. For seven days before I told you I love you I read this book to get clues on how to help you love me. For seven days I chose a word to better love you. So I stand before you now my heart full of love for you Harry, asking you if you will love me as I love you spontaneously, excitedly, adoringly, simply, playfully, flourishingly and enduringly. Will you, my true love?”

With that said Harry took Ginny’s free hand and simply said “I will.”

Kingsley turned to Harry and gestured for him to begin.

“Ginny, I knew that book played some part in our life, but I didn’t know I would owe it for everything I hold most dear. I love this book,” continued Harry as he reached out to touch it. “Everyone should own one. This book showed me what life and love was about. It brought me Ginny, my true love. For seven days I saw a glimpse into the life I wanted, the love I needed. So I stand before you now, my heart full of love for you my Ginny, asking you if you will love me as I love you spontaneously, excitedly, adoringly, simply, playfully, flourishingly and enduringly. Will you, my true love?”

With that said Ginny took Harry’s hand and simply said “I will.”

As the minister declared them husband and wife, Harry kissed Ginny, the beginning of a lifetime of kisses. As the evening turned into night, Ginny and Harry’s reception became a party of magical proportions. Everyone danced including the bride and groom.

Following the cutting of the cake Harry turned to Ginny and said to her, “I have a present for you, Mrs. Potter.”

“Accio present!” shouted Harry as he pointed his wand under the cake table.

A large silver box emerged and flew right into Ginny’s waiting arms. As she opened it tears formed in her eyes again.

“Oh Harry,” is all she could manage to say before she was completely sobbing. In the box was a clock just like the one in the Weasleys' house. Harry and Ginny’s spoons pointed towards honeymoon.

“What are these?” asked Ginny, pointing to the blank spoons.

“Those,” Harry said, “are for anyone else that becomes part of our family in the future.”

All Ginny could manage to say to Harry was “I love you Mr. Potter,” before crumbling in his arms.

After a few more tears from Ginny and Mrs. Weasley, Ginny told Harry “I have a present for you too, Mr. Potter! Accio present!”

This time no box came from under the table but a broomstick from the open window of Ginny’s old bedroom. The broom came to Harry and hovered.

“This is incredible Ginny, you shouldn’t have, but I am glad you did,” Harry said as he leaned over to kiss his wife.

“Well it was my fault yours got broken. You were trying to impress me and because of that I almost lost you. I know how much your broomstick means to you, so I wanted you to have a new one, from your wife," Ginny explained.

“I love you Mrs. Potter,” Harry smugly smiled as he picked her up and twirled her around.

“Alright you two. Just a bit longer,” said Ron as he picked up Harry’s new broomstick.

Harry put Ginny down swiftly and took his broom from Ron’s admiring hands.

“That is a present from my wife,” Harry said as he flashed a grand glowing smile at Ginny.

“Ginny dear, it’s time to throw the bouquet,” Mrs. Weasley informed Ginny just as she and Harry shared another kiss.

“OK mum, I’m coming,” said Ginny grudgingly.

“You two have a lifetime of kissing and only one chance to throw the bouquet,” Mrs. Weasley urged the happy couple.

“Yes mum,” was all Ginny and Harry replied.

“OK. On the count of three, OK? Ready one...two....three..." Ginny and Harry counted.

With that Ginny’s bouquet sailed through the air as an extraordinary transformation occurred. All the rose petals fell off before the bouquet touched Hermione’s hands.

“I guess the tale is true, the roses bloomed only for me,” said Ginny, as astonished as Hermione.

“Here. I have something better for you,” said Ginny to her best friend Hermione as she walked to the cake table and picked up her Young Witch book.

“With Ron you’re going to need all the help you can get,” Ginny told a reluctant Hermione.

“This is your book, don’t you want it?” asks a puzzled Hermione

“Oh yes, but I don’t need it anymore. I have my true love. Remember Hermione it only takes seven words to find yours.”

With that Harry whisked Ginny into his arms and onto his new broom, flying off together to live magically ever after.

Reviews 8
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear