Search:

SIYE Time:15:45 on 18th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Potters' Secret
By Dorothy

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/AB
Characters:None
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 7
Summary: The Weasley family grows suspicious of Harry and Ginny's actions, and are baffled when they learn their secret.
Hitcount: Story Total: 7417



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
This story was written for 'takingitinturns' fest on LiveJournal, The theme was Keeping Secret/s

quidditchmum requested something Harry and Ginny are keeping from the family, mystery/adventure type secret; quidditch, Harpies (if post DH), don't mind AU, i.e. them getting together before book six.

Hope I have done justice to your request.




ChapterPrinter




Harry Potter Apparated to the front yard of the Burrow. The Weasleys were always loud; be it a park, a museum or King Cross Station. They were always heard. It was how he had heard and followed them during his first year at King Cross Station. He smirked a little at the commotion going inside the Burrow.



Today was one such day, for it was Ginny's very crucial match which would decide whether she got a spot in Britain's World Cup team or not. The whole lot of Weasleys were going to the match to support her.



Ginny had left Harry fast asleep in bed at Grimmauld Place at six in the morning, because Gwenog had commanded them to come in early to get warmed up and also for the pep talk.


Harry walked into the Burrow's kitchen and was welcomed by a mass of redheads, dotted by black, blonde and bushy hair. Molly Weasley hugged him in a rib cracking hug and offered him a plateful of breakfast.



*********

When everybody Apparated, they found their seats in one of the private galleries reserved for the family members of the players. Today the Harpies were playing against Puddlemere United.



The Harpies had done wonderfully in the series and Puddlemere United were their only hurdle to the championship. Harry looked around and saw the pleased faces of his adopted family. Even the kids Teddy and Victoire were on their best behaviour.



Just then the commentator announced the arrival of the teams and the players on the ground. The captains shook hands and all the players flew into the air. Harry saw Ginny circle the pitch before she took her spot. She was wearing a look of deep concentration, which Harry associated with she achieving whatever she had planned. The referee blew the whistle and released the bludger, snitch and the quaffle.



As soon as the quaffle was released Ginny grabbed it instantly and flew towards the other team's hoops. The commentary below was floating," Ginny Potter instantly grabbed the quaffle and racing towards the Puddlemere's Keeper: Oliver Wood and Potter looking over her shoulders for her fellow chasers and she found White. Joanna White has the quaffle now and the quaffle has been passed to another chaser Taylor who in turn passed it to Potter and she throws the quaffle through the right ring and scores the goal within first minute of the start of the match."



"The score is Harpies: Ten and Puddlemere United: Zero, a huge surge of applause from the Harpies fans."



"The quaffle now in possession of Puddlemere Chaser Kevin and, Kevin racing towards Harpies' Keeper and a bludger hit him..., and Ginny Potter holds the quaffle and flies in opposite direction with fellow Chaser behind her, but this time its direction..."



This commentary continued for another hour with Ginny scoring goals over goals. The Weasleys and Harry were thoroughly enjoying every moment of the game. Ron had his omnioculars out and said, "I want to watch her every move in slow motion and enjoy Ginny kicking Oliver's arse."



Hermione who said she didn't care much about Quidditch was yelling at the top of her voice whenever Ginny scored.



The score was two-hundred and seventy for the Harpies and only sixty for Puddlemere United. Ginny was the centre of the whole match. If she kept up that performance, she would surely have a spot in the World Cup team.



A bludger brushed past Ginny which unseated her from her broom, but she recovered quickly.



There was a chorus intake of breath among the audience and Harry held onto the railing of the gallery so hard that his knuckles were white. He seemed as though he would jump from the balcony and go after Ginny.



The commentary bellowed from below, "This action has made the other Chaser lose her grip on the quaffle and Potter has caught it and has scored again. What a show put up by Harpies to their fans."



At the end of the match, however Puddlemere United's seeker outsmarted the Harpies' and the final score was Harpies two-hundred and ninety to two-hundred and ten for Puddlemere. Ginny had scored eighteen goals out of twenty-nine.



When the players came down the family rushed towards Ginny to congratulate her. She looked very tired and tendrils of hair escaped her long plait.



George patted her back and said, "Saved the Harpies arse," and Ginny smiled.



When Harry hugged her, she quickly said in a low voice, "I think Gwenog will let me out early... have you got it?"



Harry grinned and patted his pocket and said, "Here!"



Ron, who overheard them, asked, "What did Harry get?"



But before Ginny could answer Molly spoke, "Will you be coming to the Burrow with us, dear? Everybody will be there for the dinner tonight."



Ginny smiled and said, "Yes, Mum, sure will be there. I have a feeling Gwenog will let me out early today."



"Or else we could wait," said Molly, looking at her.



"No! I will be there as early as possible, I have a lot of catching up to do," said Ginny, almost mumbling the last part.



"What catching up?" asked Ron, who now looked confused. "We meet each other every week."



But Ginny was saved from answering, by a call from her teammate for an after match analysis talk.



Ron looked at Harry and he merely shrugged.



When everybody Apparated to the Burrow, Ron was watching the recording of the match again through his omnioculars and giving out a commentary of his own.



Molly was putting the food on the table. Ron entered the kitchen looking over his shoulders for Harry and Ginny but didn't find them. It was like they were there a second before with him and they were gone the next second. But he was too distracted by the food to get to the bottom of this. In between mouthful of food he turned to his left and found Harry and Ginny eating with everybody else.



"Where were you? How did you get here?" asked Ron, almost astonished.



"What! Ron? We've been sitting here all the time," said Ginny, rolling her eyes.



He gave them a confused look and turned back to his food.





Few days later...

"There is something fishy about it," George was saying. "The other day Harry and Ginny both entered the shop, I tried to greet them, but they seemed to be occupied in some sort of conversation, and before I could go and catch their attention it got crowded but I swear they didn't leave the shop or Apparate. And after an hour or so, I saw them enter the shop again with mud and dirt all over their faces and looking very happy. I asked them how could they be coming into the shop, when they were already inside the shop? They both simply gave a baffled look and said that I was distracted by the customers and that was their first time coming into the shop that day. Harry was also carrying a small ball and three sticks and something which seemed like a bat."


"Yeah, something similar has happened with me too," piped in Ron.


He pulled a small pouch of his pocket and tapped it with his wand and pulled out a frisbee, a basket ball, a cricket ball, bat and stumps. He also pulled out a bicycle.


"Found these in their house."



Everybody were stunned. No one except Hermione had any idea of what those were.



"Are they having a baby?" asked George now examining them.



"No, these toys are for 7 or 8 year olds," corrected Hermione.



"Are these for Teddy?" asked Percy.



"Doubt it," said Molly. "I haven't seen him playing with these things. Besides, they are all dirty and muddy and Harry wouldn't give such things to Teddy. He would buy him new ones."



Everybody nodded their agreement. Arthur had taken special interest in those toys and was admiring them. He asked what those were and Hermione explained what a frisbee was, and what Cricket sport was about; although Cricket was one of the popular games among Muggles in Britain, yet the Wizarding community was unaware of it.



"Do you think they are imposters under Polyjuice potion?" asked Bill with concern.



"In that case, we should immediately notify the Ministry," declared Percy.



"Relax, I have a feeling about what's going on, but it will be confirmed when we ask them," said Hermione, patting her lips with her index finger.



"Let's not take any chance, let's be prepared, you know, 'Auror Motto'," said Ron.



"Yeah," agreed everybody in unison.



**********



Harry and Ginny found themselves level with Ron's wand.



"Did you give any present to Harry on his seventeenth birthday?" asked Ron.



"What!" exclaimed Ginny.



"If you are not an imposter, then you'll answer this."



Ginny glared at Ron for a full minute with her arms crossed over her chest and finally said, "Yes! Which you ruined royally."



"And what was the present, Harry?" questioned Ron, now pointing the wand to his face.



Harry grinned and said," A kiss." He muttered under his breath, so only Ron could hear, "The most wonderful present I ever got."



Ron's ears turned Weasley red, however, he lowered his wand.



"What's going on?" asked Harry.



"You tell us," said George, gesturing towards the table where all the Muggle toys were now displayed, " why you both have been behaving very oddly."



Harry's shoulders slouched and he gave Ginny a look and she gave a tiny nod which said go on.



"Fine!" sighed Harry.



"The Department of Mysteries has developed a new kind of time-turner..."



As soon as he said this, Hermione screamed," I knew it!"



Harry calmed Hermione and continued, "They wanted people to test it. Kingsley offered me one. Initially, I rejected it, but when I discussed with Ginny, she had brilliant ideas and I agreed to have a time-turner for two months."



"Wow!" said George and everybody kept gazing at him.



Ron then recovered and asked, "Why do you have those toys?"



Harry took a deep breath and said, "This time-turner is special. It is a time-space-age turner. It travels to different time, space and also the age you would be at that time."



"Wicked!" exclaimed George and Harry saw he had some really mischievous plans for his joke-shop.



"So, I am trying to live my childhood once again, only better this time, because, I have Ginny to keep me company," said Harry happily.



Everyone turned to Ginny and she shrugged but said, "We are turning time to the years when Harry was 8 or 9. It is lot of fun playing Frisbee, Cricket and riding bicycles. But, basketball is my favourite."



Harry squeezed Ginny's hand.



Hermione breathed, "Harry, you need to be careful because, Voldemort would be still out there at that time."



"Hermione, I know the concepts of time-turner very well. We are always careful about being seen, and whenever we feel tired we both wear that chain and call out the present time period, and we are back," answered Harry.



This relaxed everyone, and they all went about their own business.



"We didn't tell them that we visit the time of your sixth year at Hogwarts," whispered Ginny.



"That is for me and you only, nobody needs to know it," said Harry with a wink, but pulled Ginny close for a kiss.
Reviews 7
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear