Search:

SIYE Time:5:10 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


A Simple Moment
By GinervaMollyWeasley

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst, Fluff, General, Romance
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 4
Summary: A moment between Ginny and Harry in the time before he leaves for the Horcrux search.
Hitcount: Story Total: 3988



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work. [ This is JKR's world, I'm just playing in it.]



Author's Notes:
This is my second story! Just an idea I had in my head. Hope you like it! Reviews are much appreciated! (:




ChapterPrinter


In a shady and secluded corner of the Weasley property, a red-headed witch sat. She rested her head against the bark of the tree, letting her eyelids flutter closed and a heavy sigh escape her lips. All of the trees around her seemed to whisper moods of doom to the sky, and she thought once again of the battle that was sure to come.

Ginny knew Harry was inside the Burrow, with Ron and Hermione. They were quiet, always off somewhere inside the house, planning their search for Horcruxes, which would lead to the final battle and the fall of Voldemort.

I mean Riddle, Ginny thought, he doesn't deserve that high-and-mighty name he christened himself with.

The trio's journey was essential, she knew, for the fate of the Wizarding world. The light would always defeat the darkness, which is why Ginny had no doubt Harry would succeed.

All the same, she was angry at them for going. She was angry that they were all going to risk their lives again, for the millionth time. She was also angry that she couldn't come along. She was younger, but only by a year. She wanted to be part of Riddle's downfall and she knew she could handle it.

The thing that made her most angry was Harry's noble attitude. Ever since Dumbledore's funeral, there had been no communication between them. It seemed as if Harry was avoiding every possible encounter with her, and she knew he believed it to be for good reason. Still, it irritated Ginny to the point of wanting to Bat-Bogey Hex the boy.

Ginny didn't quite understand why she had come out to the backyard in the first place. She felt a bit lonely sitting in the tree-filled section of the property, yet she felt even worse inside the Burrow. She was sick of the trio shutting everyone out, and the bad moods of her family due to the darkness in the near future.

At that, she started to feel guilty. There would be a war, and she was sure of it. Wars take lives, even innocent ones, even family members. She wanted to spend as much time with her family now before anything could come and take them apart, she reminded herself. She dreaded the battle with all of her being.

Disappointed to leave the hidden setting behind her, she stood up and set her mind to go back inside.

Ginny walked through the winding path of the thickly wooded area she had brought herself to. She allowed herself a small, sad smile at the memory of a tiny auburn-haired girl, running through the woods for an escape from her family. She often used to come crying for solitude in her hideout after being offended or refused by her big brothers.

As she got to the end of path and looked up through the trees to see her home, she stopped.

Harry, the bat-bogey hex-worthy idiot she would forever love, was walking toward her. She stood, realizing he didn't see she was there. She imagined he must have gotten away from Ron and Hermione planning to take a walk in the woods.

Suddenly, she felt awkward. They hadn't spoken since the funeral, not one word. She didn't even have a slight idea of his feelings for her anymore and he seemed to just want to be alone.

Through all these thoughts, the thing she felt the most was longing for Harry. She wanted to talk to him, as much as she wanted to scream at him. And she wanted to scream at him very much.

He looked up from the ground, hands in his jean pockets, and finally stopped as he saw Ginny.

A tense moment of many feelings Ginny couldn't quite sort out passed between them.

"Gin..." Harry said, trailing off, looking lost for words at her sudden appearance.

"Harry." Ginny replied defiantly. She felt many feelings at the moment, but even through her heart racing and stomach doing cartwheels, she felt mostly annoyance at his never failing I-must-be-noble-so-no-one-gets-hurt attitude.

"I was just going for a walk, to think for a bit." He spoke awkwardly, shuffling his feet on the dirt path.

"Yeah, I was just going back inside," she said as she studied him as well as her own courage. Ginny decided she felt brave enough to start the conversation she really wanted to hear.

"Needed a break from shutting everyone out of your plans, did you? Surprising, you'd think you might actually want to spend time with someone besides yourself, Ron and Hermione." She started to let her temper rise.

"What are you talking about?" He looked hurt. "Gin, look-" As he started to explain, Ginny cut him off.

"Yeah, Yeah, I've heard it before, Harry. It's an important mission to seek out all of the Horcruxes in order to kill Vold- ... Riddle. And you must shut everyone else out and be your three noble little selves once again because it's that important." Ginny started to remind herself of how her temper can sometimes get out of control.

"I think you should have thought about something else, Harry. You three are leaving on this journey you might not come back from. Did you ever think anyone might care about seeing you before you leave? You always do this, Potter. You try to save people by shutting them out, save them from the hurt. Except it doesn't work that way, Harry. You just hurt everyone around you by being an idiot!" She was shouting now.

The silence in the woods was enough to bring Ginny back to her senses. Embarrassed and hurt at how she just shouted at the man she loved, she brushed past Harry to continue back to the Burrow.

When she was a few feet past him, he called out softly.

"Ginny... stop."

She slowed her pace, and finally turned around to face Harry. She saw the raw emotion in his face, and felt more ashamed than ever.

Suddenly, he came toward her and took her face in his hands. She shivered at his touch, and was momentarily paralyzed by this random action.

He searched her eyes, for what, she couldn't guess, but then pressed his lips firmly to hers.

The kiss was maddeningly passionate, full of so much hurt and so much longing. It shocked Ginny into emitting a soft moan from her throat.

Harry slid his hands around her waist and drew her close as he deepened the kiss. She could hear that his breathing was low and shallow, intermixed with quiet gasps on her part.

Ginny circled her arms around his neck, finally breaking out of paralysis.

Seconds, hours, days, years (which, she didn't know) later, the kiss ended. Harry broke away from her and stepped back. He looked like a small, lost child rather than a teenage boy with the world on his shoulders.

"I love you, Ginny. You don't know how much I would rather just stay here with you and let someone else fight this. But it has to be me. And I'm going to have to do it. I can't take you with me, and I know that's what you want. But I cannot risk anything happening to you, Gin! You're the reason I have strength to fight him! If you will stay safe, stay here and wait for me to come back, we can be together. We can have all the time in the world. But for now, I have to fight to make sure we get that time." he explained.

"I love you so much, Harry." It was barely a whisper from Ginny's mouth, but it was all she could get out.

She momentarily lost control of her actions, and threw herself into his arms, committing the moment to memory.

He hugged her back with all of his strength, and buried his face in her hair.

Ginny pulled back from his grasp and looked up into his green eyes once again.

He let out a long sigh, and looked back into her chocolate brown eyes.

She took his hand, and together, they walked back to the Burrow. Ginny now had a new understanding of Harry's wishes for her, and the reason he shut her out. Harry now had more strength to finish his task and come back to Ginny.

~~~~~~~~~~

Ginny woke up the next morning, with thoughts of many things in her head. Suddenly, the most important one floated to the surface: Harry.

She jumped up and out of her covers, nearly flying down the stairs.

When she got to the kitchen, she didn't know what she expected to find, but she found her mother cooking breakfast, the only one awake. As per usual, she thought.

Molly Weasley turned toward her daughter, and at seeing the expectant look on her face, responded with, "Good morning, Ginny. If you're wondering, they left this morning." There was a sad note in her voice, making it quiet in the small kitchen.

Ginny's felt as if her heart had dropped out of her feet, and she sat down with a thump in her chair at the kitchen table.

Now, all she could do was wait.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Thanks for reading! Once again, I really would love some reviews! (:

Reviews 4
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear