Search:

SIYE Time:9:53 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Seekers
By sand

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Oliver Wood, Ron Weasley
Genres: Drama, Fluff, General, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Mild Sexual Situations
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 13
Summary: Harry Potter is the Seeker of Puddlemere United. What happens when a Reserve Seeker joins the team?
Hitcount: Story Total: 4228



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
Hurray!! Here is my 4th story on SIYE !!

Before you ask, no I haven't stopped writing "That Longing For Your Love". I'll update the next chapter of it soon.

The idea to write "The Seekers" popped in my mind and I decided to just go with it. Please read it and tell me what you all think about it :)




ChapterPrinter


Chapter 1: The Reserve Seeker

Harry Potter, the Seeker of the Puddlemere United team flew around the pitch, basking in the smell of the blowing wind. That’s what he had always wanted to do. Fly freely.

All his life, he had known nothing but to catch the dark wizard, Voldemort. He had done enough of running around the Death Eaters and their master to last a lifetime. After the war, he had decided to try out for professional Quidditch. He got offers from many teams saying they wanted him to be a part of their team without tryouts. But Harry rejected them all. He wanted to join a team because of his Quidditch talent and not just because he was the ‘Boy Who Lived’. However, he didn’t give up and tried for Puddlemere United and got selected into the team. It had been one year since he had joined them. Since he became Seeker, the team had won all the games. Puddlemere United was now the number one team in Professional Quidditch.

In a few weeks, the European championship was about to start. Oliver Wood, the captain of Puddlemere, and Mark Rooney, the coach, had planned strenuous training sessions for the team. That included flying, running, exercises and defence sessions. Mark was at least lenient at times, but Oliver was too much. The team cursed him, but Harry knew that Oliver wanted to win the championship at any rate. Sometimes, in theory sessions, Oliver would become so emotional that Harry thought his friend would cry at any moment. He imagined how the captain would look when he cried. Harry smiled thinking about that. He got down his broom and went to join his team mate, the Beater William Smith.

“You look very happy today, Harry. What’s the matter? Thinking about a date with a beautiful chick, huh?” Smith asked raising his eyebrows.

Harry grimaced, thinking about the pissed blonde witch who had openly suggested that they shag when he was having a nice time with his friends at a pub. He had looked at her in horror and dismissed her right away.

“No girl troubles for me. Thanks, mate,” replied Harry making a face.

Smith laughed and patted Harry on the back. “Just taking the mickey, pal.”

Harry rolled his eyes.

“So, heard anything about the reserve Seeker tryouts?”asked Smith.

Harry shrugged. “Nothing much. Although Mark told me that he received a vast number of applications. Said they are almost done with the tryouts. I guess our new teammate will be joining us pretty soon.”

Smith whistled. “I hope it’s a she.”

Harry raised his eyebrow. “Intent on dating a teammate, Smith?” he teased.

William sighed. “There isn’t even a single witch in our team. Don’t know why Oliver or Mark won’t take at least one girl.”

“May be they think with you being on the team, any girl would get easily get distracted from the game and instead would become busy swooning over you,” Harry snickered.

William punched Harry good naturedly. “At this rate, I’m sure you’d remain a bachelor forever. And even if you get married, it would be after you lose all of your teeth.”

Harry shrugged. “Let it be. Girls are the least of my concerns right now,” he smiled.

Smith just rolled his eyes. There was no use talking sense into such a stubborn person.

*********************
Ginny Weasley was very happy. No, that’s not the right word. She was excited, exhilarated, and felt like she was on top of the world. She hurriedly Apparated to her parents’ home, the Burrow.

“Mum! Mum, Dad, come quickly!” she shouted.

Hearing her voice, Molly, Arthur, and her brother Ron hurried to see what happened. Ron almost took his wand out sensing trouble. Seeing that Ginny’s face bore no expression of panic, he took his hand out of his pocket.

“I got selected into the Puddlemore Team!” Ginny said, excited.

Her Mum and Dad hugged her while Ron patted her on the back.

“Good job, dear,” her father congratulated her. Her mother beamed proudly at her only daughter.

“What position will you be playing for?” Ron asked.

Ginny smiled. “I’m going to be the reserve Seeker,” she answered.

Ron sighed. “But you were interested to be Chaser. You chose the wrong team, Ginny. If you’d have gone to Chudley Cannos...”

Ginny rolled her eyes. Here he was, going on and on about his favourite team again.

“I’m happy to be selected as reserve Seeker, Ron. They said if I played consistently well, in future I can try out for a Chaser position. I heard their Chaser Joscelind Wadcock will be retiring soon.”

Ron opened his mouth to reply, but Molly interrupted him, “Enough of Quidditch for now. Come on, Ginny dear, I’ll prepare your favourite apple tart.” Molly took her daughter to the kitchen.

The whole family had a great time at dinner, with Ginny sharing the good news with all her brothers. Ginny beamed, looking at the smiles on the faces of her parents and brothers. She was especially happy to see George smile, for whom it was very hard to come out of his shell after Fred’s death last year at the Battle of Hogwarts. Things were at last coming back to normal and her family was moving on.

***********************
Mark had said that physical fitness was very important along with the ability to fly. His exact words were, “A player who doesn’t have enough stamina, can’t stay on the broom during long lasting matches”. And so, Harry, along with the other players, ran around the pitch, sweating it out.

Harry smirked, looking at William, who had suddenly stopped and was huffing. He jogged back to join his friend.

“Harry, I have an offer for you. You kill either Mark or Oliver. Better yet, kill them both.” William glared at the back of Oliver, who was shouting at his teammates to jog fast.

Harry laughed. “Yeah. But I have a better deal. Why don’t you kill them both?”

William opened his mouth to reply, but instead froze, gaping at something in front of him. Harry thought he looked pretty funny with his mouth hanging open like that. He turned around to see what was the reason for his friend’s apparent astonishment. Harry found himself gazing at a beautiful redhead.

“Wow, what an angel,” whistled Smith, staring at the girl, who was walking beside Mark. Harry couldn’t agree more. Her graceful walk, her petite figure, her beautiful smile as she talked with Mark, and her long red hair that shined in the sunlight...everything about her was enticing. She indeed was gorgeous.

Harry observed that his other teammates were also watching the girl. Harry and William joined their teammates when they saw that Mark was moving towards them. He whispered something to Oliver.

“All right, guys. Let’s get back to the locker room,” Oliver announced. Everyone obliged and walked towards the locker room with Mark and the girl following behind them.

Once everyone was assembled, Oliver cleared his throat to get their attention.

“Hello team. Let me introduce you to our new reserve Seeker, Miss Ginny Weasley. She was the captain for Gryffindor team at Hogwarts for three years as Seeker. Before that, she had played as Chaser too.”

Ginny Weasley smiled warmly at her new teammates. Oliver proceeded to introduce her to the Puddlemere team.

“Of all the times; did Oliver have to introduce her to us when we are horribly sweaty and probably stinking?” William groaned. Harry grinned.

“Hi, I’m Ginny Weasley,” Ginny held out her hand to William.

“Hello. This is William. William Smith, Beater.” He cleaned his right hand on his pants and shook her hand for longer than was necessary.

Ginny smiled at him, “Pleased to meet you.”

She then turned to Harry, who was the only one left to be introduced.

“Hi, Miss Weasley. I’m Harry Potter,” he extended his hand, his eyes locking with Ginny’s.

**************************** ***
A/N: So, how was it? This is the first time I'm writing a story which doesn't involve Hogwarts. I hope you all will like it.
Thanks to dearest 'Ginny Guerra', who agreed to beta read this story along with my previous ones. And thanks a lot all the readers, who have given me great support :)

Reviews 13
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear