Search:

SIYE Time:7:05 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Forever
By Summer Potter

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst, Romance
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 8
Summary: Harry and Ginny are faced with every teenager's nightmare with the future changed forever, for better or worse. They'll need to find a solution before the wizarding world is immersed in war, and or else be torn apart forever over one complicated mistake.
Hitcount: Story Total: 13816; Chapter Total: 3628







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Ginny knocked softly before opening the office door. She paused in the doorway in mild shock to notice that Harry, her parents, Sirius, and Professor Dumbledore were all assembled in the room. Instantly, she felt her face drain of blood; she felt dizzy again. Her parents knew already? She kept her eyes away from her mother's face; dreading the emotions that would be vividly expressed there.

Harry was painfully staring at her; Sirius was leaning against a wall, staring at Dumbledore's desk. She chanced a brief glance at her mother who looked rather pale, and her eyes were red, as if she'd been crying. Her father was looking grave and highly disappointed. Professor Dumbledore was staring intently at Ginny, though he did not look upset or angry.

She tried to remember to breathe as she moved into the room.

"Come in, Miss Weasley," Dumbledore said calmly. Ginny moved unwillingly closer to the occupants of the office and took the last seat on the side. "Now, I think it time we discuss the issue calmly.. I'll give you ten minutes of privacy. Please feel free to the delightful raspberry treats on that little bowl there," he added, and swiftly left the office.

As soon as the door shut, her mother burst into hysterical sobs, Mr. Weasley refused to look at his only daughter, and Sirius seemed conflicted between the urge to lecture Harry or storm out.It was Harry who spoke first.

"Please don't blame Ginny for this," he begged Mr. and Mrs. Weasley. "I'm really sorry this happened. We had no idea..."

"Harry, believe me when I say this; I do not put all the blame on either of you,' Mrs. Weasley said rather coldly to him, which was a big change from what he was used to. "I'm VERY disappointed in the both of you." She frowned and then crossed her arms. "However, I'm willing to place all of this aside... for the baby's sake."

Harry hung his head. "Still...we were... careful... I never expected this to happen. I love Ginny more than anything, and I'll do anything for her."

Ginny glared at Harry, her temper rising over the panic. "Harry, stop being so damn noble, and shut the hell up!" Sirius's face twitched in mild amusement at the comment.

"Ginevra Margaret Weasley," Mrs. Weasley gasped.

"That was uncalled for," her father added, finally speaking up, but his eyes only glanced upon her and did not meet her eyes.

"So what ARE we going to do?" Sirius asked impatiently, standing up straight and looking at Ginny then Harry.

"Well...the punishment can wait until after Ginny has the abortion and then-" Mrs. Weasley responded a bit too quickly.

"NO!" Ginny yelled angrily, getting to her feet. "I'm NOT getting an abortion. I'm keeping this baby! It's not fair to destroy an innocent life because I was stupid!"

"We-We were so stupid" Harry corrected anxiously.

Ginny glared at Harry angrily, but tore her gaze from him when her father spoke up.

"Ginny, don't make this harder on yourself. You're too young to have a baby, and it's not fair to ask Harry to take on a responsibility. What about the things you want to do with your life... a baby will change all of that."

"He's got a valid point," Sirius remarked quietly, folding his arms, and leaning back against the wall.

"I can't and won't let my baby die," Ginny cried out frantically. "How could you even think of doing this to your first grandchild?"

"It's Harry's baby too," Mrs. Weasley reminded her loudly. "Ginny, you could seriously hurt yourself having a baby this young! What if there are complications and the baby doesn't make it? You're only sixteen! How can you even consider letting this one mistake ruin your life?"

"You'll have plenty of time for a family after school," Mr. Weasley inserted sternly.

"No! I can't let you kill my... er... our baby,' Ginny threw an angry look at Harry when she said this. "This child is here because of my stupid mistake. I'm sorry...Mum, Dad, Sirius. Harry-" she hesitated before turning to Harry.

"I'll be there for the baby too," Harry added firmly to Ginny's parents and Sirius.

Ginny decided to argue with him later on this point, so she kept quiet. She was still partly convinced he didn't want this as much as he said he did. There was still a distinct difference between wanting to be a father, and wanting her to be happy and have what she wanted.

"Ginny-" Molly began again, tears springing into her eyes again but Mr. Weasley placed a hand on her shoulder and murmured something into her ear. A long moment passed and then Mrs. Weasley sniffed and wiped her eyes.

"Fine," her mother snapped. "I know my daughter to know when she's made up her mind. I do not agree with this, Ginny. You know my opinion, and that I do not support this."

"Molly, isn't that a bit harsh?" Mr. Weasley asked his wife, but she ignored him.

Ginny glanced at Harry's face. His expression was heartbreaking to her. The pain in his eyes was making her feel horribly guilty. He looked tired, sad, and lost all at once.

"I've got to be going. I'll fetch Dumbledore on my way out," Sirius announced quietly, taking Ginny away from her guilty thoughts. "Let me know if anything changes," he added to the adults. "Keep in touch, and good luck," he muttered quietly to his godson before swiftly leaving the office.

"We'll go too," Mrs. Weasley said hastily, still looking angry with Ginny's decision. "Arthur, come along. Ginny, I'll be expecting an owl," she said hurriedly, already leaving the office as she said it. "Or several... I'll sleep again when I know you've got SOME sort of plan."

Once the door snapped shut, Ginny slumped miserably in her seat, feeling exhausted. This was emotional hell...

"I'm sorry about all of this," Harry told her quietly, once the footsteps had faded. "Gin, we've made a mistake, but I promise I'll be there. I'll do all I can to help."

"Can we not talk about this?" she asked rudely, looking away from him. "I can't believe this is happening! This is a COMPLETE nightmare," she moaned, covering her face with her hands.

"Ginny, what's wrong?" he begged, persisting in talking with her.

"What don't you understand about leaving me alone?" she snapped at him, just as Dumbledore re-appeared. She was totally fed up with Harry right now and she was worried that Harry insisting on speaking with her just might result in Harry having a broken nose.

"Miss Weasley, I've contacted a teacher to help you become a proper parent. She'll come Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Don't worry about the cost; school funds will be used to pay for it," Dumbledore said matter-of-factly, taking his seat behind his desk. "And Harry, of course, will be expected to attend as well," he added to Harry, who nodded in agreement.

"Ginny, there are options for you, as I'm sure taking care of the baby will be difficult for you on top of your studies. Therefore, you have three options: One, Harry can look after your child; two, you can higher a sitter; or three, take shorter courses. The third option will push your limits, but it will allow you to finish school by the middle of next year, which will be around the time of the birth of your child"

Without having much thought on this, she licked her lips and made a decision. "I'll finish early, sir" she told him, not even glancing at Harry for approval. "It'll be difficult... but I think that's what's best."

"Gin, I could look after the baby you know," Harry reminded her quietly, but right now, she didn't want their child near him. What was the point of having a father whose heart wasn't into having this baby in the first place? And another question, why did she keep asking herself this?

"You're courses start tomorrow. You won't attend class with everyone else. You'll have another teacher, who specializes in this area. Your day starts earlier than everyone else's, ends later, everything is taught quickly, so you really must concentrate. If you're successful, you can finish by December, and you'll have two months left to get a job and prepare for your child," the Headmaster explained carefully.

Ginny nodded. She watched as Dumbledore pulled out a folder and handed it to her. "Everything you will need," Dumbledore told her, watching as both Harry and Ginny got to their feet.

"Thanks," Ginny said and forced another smile. She then left the office; Harry was right behind her.

"Can I talk to you?" he asked irritably, grabbing onto her arm. "I think we've been through too much and known each other too long for you to keep storming off on me or snapping at me, Ginny."

Ginny stopped dead in her tracks and faced him. "Fine, Harry. Go ahead," she replied dully, her eyes flashing dangerously at him.

"Why are you pushing me away? I have just as much right as you do to be with our child!" he asked angrily, finally unleashing his temper. He was fed up with her acting like there had never been a relationship, even if they had made a huge mistake.

"Harry, don't you get it?" she shrieked. "This isn't about pushing you away. It's about you! What you said-"

He stared at her for a few moments and then continued. "Whatever I said...whatever I said that made you think I don't want a part of this...it's not true, Gin," he admitted. "I'm scared as hell I won't be good enough and I'm even more scared I'm losing you, but you have to believe you when I tell you I'm going to be there. I'm going to be there for the classes, I'm going to be there when you go into labor, I'm going to be there when the baby's born, and I'm going to be there when it's growing up. You just...have to believe that!"

She wearily watched his face and opened her mouth to protest when he suddenly leaned in and pressed a firm, passionate kiss to her lips. She was hesitant at first, startled at his lips against hers.

"I love you, and I know that even though you probably want to hex me across the corridor right now, but you need to understand this. My life may be complicated by Voldemort and the dark arts... but that has to all end some day. And on that day, I would have gotten down on one knee and asked you to marry me. I wanted and still want a family with you. I want all of this... and although it's earlier than we planned, I don't think that matters."

He kissed her again, this time a little more gently. "You're the woman I want to be with, and you're having our baby. There's nothing more in life I could have ever asked for."

She believed him; that was that. Well She did question it a bit, but she trusted him, a lot and that said something. "I'm sorry," she whispered, her voice quivering. Tears burned her eyes, she wanted him there, and she always had. But she didn't if he wasn't going to be there. It had all changed, why so suddenly she didn't know.

"I love you," he told her. "Forever and always, I love you" he repeated, as he walked closer; staring intently into her eyes. Seconds later, she wrapped her arms around him and found her lips pressed firmly against his. They were back together...everything was going to be okay!
Reviews 8
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear