Search:

SIYE Time:15:38 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


After the Horcrux
By Manwe Valarian

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/AB
Characters:All
Genres: Action/Adventure
Warnings: Death, Mild Language, Rape, Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: R
Reviews: 138
Summary: Harry and Ginny were meant to be together, but that doesn't mean things will be easy. They must deal with a rebuilding British magical community, fame, and even overprotective family members.
Hitcount: Story Total: 76667; Chapter Total: 1706
Awards: View Trophy Room






ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Ginny woke up in her bed. She had a wonderful night’s sleep, after a long cold and wet day of Quidditch. The bed was warm, dry, and her dreams were of her and Harry together under the stars on some far away beach. She sat up in her bed and looked for her watch. As she put it on her wrist, she noticed that it was almost ten o’clock. Harry had always been there before eight o’clock in the morning. She jumped out of bed and threw her bathrobe around her as she ran through the common room and out the portrait hole. She stopped suddenly when he heard him say “Good Morning”. She felt herself blush as he stared at her in her old bathrobe with her hair sticking wildly in every direction.

“Harry, I’m so sorry. I had a bit of a lie in. Come in and find a seat while I get changed.”

“You mean you weren’t planning on wearing those the rest of the day?” Harry stood up and picked up her toast and pumpkin juice. “I thought you might be hungry, when you didn’t show up for breakfast.”

Ginny kissed him and thanked him for breakfast before ushering him inside to the common room. They found a secluded corner of the room where he sat down with her breakfast. He opened his Auror manual and started reading it. Ginny took off at a run for her dorm room. She flew up the steps and threw the door open. She barely slowed down as she grabbed a robe off her trunk on her way to the loo. In five minutes, she was walking back down the stairs dressed for the day. She had tied her hair back in a plait, and didn’t bother with makeup, since Harry never seemed to mind.

“What are your plans for today?” Ginny asked as she picked up the toast and glass of pumpkin juice.

“I need to get some studying done. We still need to work on Charms and Herbology assignments. So that’s pretty much it, nothing exciting.”

“All right Hermione Granger, Why are you taking polyjuice and what have you done with Harry?” They both laughed at her statement.

“I’ve changed. I will admit that. After the past couple of years, I really don’t have any great desire to go out looking for adventure. I probably sound like some old married person right now.”

“If you are an old married person? Does that make me your old wife?” she joked with him. They sat and talked until Ginny finished her breakfast. The two of them sat and studied, until mid-afternoon.

“Harry,” cooed Ginny in his ear. “Maybe we could find a place a little more private, like the Room of Requirement.” She watched as he reacted to her suggestion. She loved how doing something as simple as whispering in his ear can make him breathe heavier and get distracted from whatever he is doing.

Harry turned and looked at her for a second with a look like he was going to attack her and snog her senseless here in the common room, but he shook his head and the look went away. “We can’t.”

Ginny’s emotional state suddenly plummeted when he said that, as if someone had thrown cold water on her. “Don’t you want to?” she tentatively asked.

Harry’s distracted look reappeared as he looked at her. “Yes, but we can’t get into the Room of Requirement. It hasn’t opened since the battle. Neville told me this summer. The House Elves and Neville have all tried to get into it, but the door never appeared.” Harry looked away from her before leaning close to her ear. “Besides even if it would open. I am a little nervous about going in there with you.”

Ginny pulled away from him. “Why!”

Harry looked around and pulled close to Ginny again. “Because, love, I might think about things and the room might create some things that — well, would be awkward.”

“Like what? Love,” replied Ginny. She could feel his nervousness and knew what he was meaning. She watched his face go through a series of emotions and nervous twitches.

“A bed! I’m sorry, but when I am close to you I — I am sorry. I know I promised.”

“It’s fine,” said Ginny. Her heart was beating wildly in her chest as she thought about what Harry said. “So, do you want to study Bubotuber Puss uses?”

“What?” asked a puzzled Harry.

“I think right now I would like to think about that or Flobberworms. That should be safe. Don’t you think?” stated Ginny, trying to get her mind off her and Harry in bed in the safety of the Room of Requirement.

“Yes, I guess it would be,” he responded.

“Does anyone know why the room doesn’t work anymore?”

“We think it was the FiendFyre that Crabbe cast in there during the battle. It can destroy things so that magic can’t repair them. It has either destroyed the room, or it is still burning and the room won’t open up, yet. That seems the most likely possibility.”

“I hope he is still burning in there with it,” mumbled Ginny as she started studying again.

They spent rest of the afternoon studying. Until Harry had to meet with Carmen in the library, so they could work on their Auror assignments. Finally, at ten o’clock they walked down to the main gate hand in hand

“I have had wonderful day, Harry. I can’t wait until we can spend all of our days together like this.”

“That might be rare, if you are playing Quidditch.”

“I won’t play it forever, but I will be with you forever.” She pulled him to her and gave him a final passionate kiss. “Good night Harry. I’ll see you in the morning, and I’ll even set my alarm clock.”

[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

Harry and Ginny were sitting in the Great Hall eating breakfast. Ron and Hermione came in and sat down across from them. As they were saying their good mornings, Ron grabbed a plate and immediately started to fill it.

“Ron, I can’t believe that you are still hungry. You ate only a half an hour ago.” Ron just looked at Hermione and shrugged since his mouth was already filled with food. “I am amazed that you aren’t as big as Hagrid the way you eat!” hissed Hermione, as she glared at him. He ignored her and continued eating his eggs, kippers, and toast. Harry and Ginny sat there and chuckled at them.

Hermione turned away from Ron as he plowed through his plate of food. She looked at Harry and Ginny. “So, who are all the new Professors this year?” she anxiously asked. “I have been dying to find out, but neither one of you ever Owled me with the information.”
“Sorry, I thought you would have found out about them last Wednesday at the service,” responded Harry. “I thought you would have spent most the day going through the school.”

“If you remember, Harry,” snapped Hermione. “Something happened that made me want to leave early.” As she finished speaking, she turned and glared at Ron, who looked rightfully embarrassed. “So talking about that,” she turned her attention to Harry and Ginny. “Have the two of you sorted things out?”

“Yes, we have,” replied Ginny. “Carmen gets Harry on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. I get to have him the rest of the week,” she said calmly. Hermione and Ron stared at her then Harry for a few seconds before Harry finally snorted and started to laugh. “Harry, you mucked it up. We could have had them wound up all day. Hermione, everything is fine. Carmen and I have talked and I sit in with them when they study.”

Hermione relaxed a little and Ron went back to eating. “Well, who are the new Professors?”

“All right, let me remember,” drawled Ginny, as she tapped her chin with her index finger. “For Defense Against the Dark Arts we have Zebulon Jones, a former Auror. For Potions we have Madam Zabini, who is also the Head of the Slytherin house....”

“Madam Zabini, Blaise’s mother?” asked Hermione. She turned around as though to look for him at the Slytherin table.

“Yes, the very same, and he isn’t here this year,” stated Ginny. “None of the Slytherin’s from your year returned. And finally, for Transfiguration we have Willie Pratt.”

Ron choked on the mouthful of food as he started laughing. “What! You’re joking! Willie Pratt,” he said loud enough that several people turned to look at him. “What idiot would name their child that? Bloody Hell!”

“Ronald Weasley!” reprimanded Hermione. “It would be nice if you could grow up a little.”

“He’s American Ron. Maybe the name means nothing over there,” Harry said calmly. He leaned in a little to whisper to him. “But it is still bloody funny,” he added before him, Ginny, and Ron laughed together, while Hermione looked away scandalized.

“Are you ready for Potions with Madam Zabini?” quipped Harry. “I wonder if she will be having us brew love potions and undetectable poisons.”

“Oh Harry, you really don’t believe all those stories about her.” Hermione rolled her eyes at him when she said this.

“Well if we brew any love potions. You’re not permitted to have any Potter,” ordered Ginny.

“Now Ginny, why would she be interested in me?” replied Harry.

“Let us think about that; your good looking and rich, your famous and rich, you’re young and rich. You see a pattern now?” asked Ginny. The other three laughed at her comments, even Harry found them funny.

Suddenly, someone sat on the other side of Ginny from Harry and put an arm around her shoulders. Ginny turned in shock to see who had done this while the other three stared. “Good morning Ginny, I just stopped to see how you were feeling this morning, after being up so late last night.”

Ginny shoved his arm off her shoulders with enough force to almost push him off the bench. “I am doing fine Walden,” she growled. “Don’t go putting your arm around me like that, I don’t appreciate it. All right?”

“Why yes, I am sorry Ginny. I was just making sure you were up for classes today, after making rounds last night,” he sputtered. “It was really exciting walking the halls that late at night. Wasn’t it?” He stood up and offered his hand to Harry. “Mr. Potter, I am Walden Ridgebit. I am the Head Boy this year. I hope you don’t mind me talking to Ginny. I just wanted to check on her,” he assured Harry. “As a friend, I assure you, just fellow Heads, that’s all Mr. Potter.”

Harry shook his hand out of courtesy, when he actual wanted to curse the wanker to bits. The prat was about his height and weight with a round face and coarse brown hair. He looked rather harmless, but he still sat down and put his arm around Ginny. That was something that could get a person cursed into St. Mungo’s.

“Well, I should get back to my table and finish breakfast. See you tomorrow night Ginny,” he cheerfully said before going back to the Ravenclaw table.

Harry watched him leave and walk over to his house’s table and sit by himself. If anyone else was talking right now, he didn’t know it, because his attention was entirely on the Walden Ridgebit. He finally looked back at his friends to see them all watching him.
“Harry,” Ginny said as she placed her hand on his arm. “We walk rounds in the halls at night, and other Head responsibilities. That is all,” she assured him. “You certainly don’t have to worry about Walll-den,” she said, giving his name extra emphasis.

“Why is that?” inquired Harry.

“He is probably the most harmless thing in Hogwarts, except Flobberworms. That’s why. Didn’t you hear him talking about how exciting walking the halls at night was?”

“Well, he was with you,” he commented back to her. Hermione who was listening in intently to the conversation cleared her throat. Harry looked over to her to see why she did that, only to find her slightly embarrassed.

“I am curious too Ginny,” added Ron. “You are my baby sister and I must...”

“Shut up, Ron,” snapped Ginny before returning her attention to Harry. “Walden Ridgebit is probably the biggest bookworm ever in the history of Hogwarts. Even the other Ravenclaws take the mikey out on him because of his obsessive study habits. He has never done anything to have points taken away.” She watched as Ron and Harry sniggered at the memories of all the trouble they have gotten into. Ginny leaned in a little closer to them. “Several of us have wondered if he isn’t gay or a eunuch. He has never spoken to a girl except when it concerned homework.”

“What’s a...” Ron started to say, but Hermione whispered something in his ear that made his face turn ashen. He turned around and stared at Walden sitting at the Ravenclaw table. Harry was watching him also. He was sitting there reading some tome that only Hermione would consider interesting while nibbling on toast. He truly looked harmless, but he still put his arm around Ginny. Ron turned back around and looked at Harry with a smile. “Maybe he is the one that should be called Willie Pratt,” he laughed.

Harry and Ginny laughed at the comment, but Hermione just gathered her books up. “Well, we had better get moving if we want to get seats together in Potions,” stated Hermione.

The four friends left the hall and walked to the Potions room in the dungeons. As they walked Harry felt Ginny take hold of his elbow and direct him to a corner of the hall.
“Are you upset with me?” she asked.

“No. Not with you. I just...”

“I can take care of myself, Harry. If I could deal with the Carrows and Death Eaters last year, Walden won’t present any problems.”

“Well...” Harry started. He suddenly remembered that he has asked Ginny to trust him, so it is only right that he trust her also. “...it’s fine. I trust you, Ginny. But, he is still a bloody wanker, and he had better keep his hands off you,” he said forcefully. “I am the only one with those privileges.”

Ginny shook her head and muttered, “Who’s the wanker now?” before leaving him to catch up with Ron and Hermione.

They found work areas together and started to unload their equipment. They stood there talking to each other as the rest of the students filed in. Ron said that they finished the inventory at the shop and are now getting ready for Halloween and Christmas. Hermione has been enjoying her work in the Regulation of Magical Creatures Department. She already had drawn up study charts for her and Ron. She offered to do the same for Harry and Ginny, but they both declined the offer.

As the room filled up with students, Harry looked over Ginny’s shoulder to see Walden staring at them. Harry couldn’t be sure, but it appeared as though he was staring at Ginny’s back. The sound of a female voice caused him to tear his attention from Walden.
“Good Morning class,” stated Madam Zabini.

Her voice was husky but still very feminine. She was a tall woman. As tall as Harry, but with her stiletto-heeled boots she was nearly as tall as Ron was. She had thick, black, luxurious hair that flowed freely around her face, over her shoulders and down her back. Her face was remarkably young looking, for someone who had a child Harry’s age. She wore red form fitting robes instead of the traditional black robes, which in combination with her brown skin and dark brown eyes gave her a rather exotic look. Her robes were also rather low cut exposing a considerable amount of cleavage.

“I am Madam Zabini, your Potions Professor. You will call me Professor or Madam Zabini. If you do not then I will take points from your house. I have in the past graded NEWT level Potions exams, so I am expertly qualified to teach you. Since there are a large number of students this year, I have an assistant.” She turned and motioned to the open doorway to the right of her. There stood Carmen in old black robes. “This class is Professor Carmen Del la Rosa, she is my assistant and also an expert in potions. She will be assisting you this year. You will show her the same respect as you shall show me.” She stopped talking and looked around the class waiting for someone to say something. “Very well, Professor Del la Rosa, you may proceed.” Madam Zabini walked around the back of her desk and sat down. She turned and looked out at the class. The entire time she had spoken, she had a look of disinterest on her face, but once she came into eye contact with Harry. She smiled at him.

Harry turned away and saw Ginny glaring at him. He leaned over the table and whispered. “You’re prettier.”

“Harry Potter!” sounded Carmen’s voice.

“Sorry, Professor,” responded Harry quickly, thinking he had been caught talking. He looked up at Carmen when others in the class laughed and realized that she was taking role.

“A simple ‘here’ will suffice, Harry,” laughed Carmen, as she went back to taking role.
When Harry looked over at Ginny, she was smiling at him, which made him feel better. Carmen continued to take role and when she finished, she placed the book down in front of Madam Zabini. She then turned to address the class.

“This year we will be working on NEWT level Potions. After looking at your records, you appear to be needing to work on Undetectable Poisons and Control Potions. Who can tell me about these types of Potions?”

Hermione and Walden Ridgebit’s hands shot in the air. Carmen looked at them both before calling on first Hermione to talk about Undetectable Poisons and then Walden for Control Potions. Ginny’s eyes went wide, when he included Love Potions as a Control Potion.

“Very good explanations five points to both Gryffindor and Ravenclaw,” said Carmen. “Before we start brewing today’s potion, I want to talk to you about the instructions in your textbook. They are generic instructions. Many of these directions need to be adapted to your own techniques. The instructions give you the basics, but you will usually not obtain the best results if you follow the instructions word for word.

“Do any of you cook?” she asked and looked around the classroom. Harry almost raised his hand but decided against it. “A few of you, that’s good. Usually a person good at potions is also good at cooking, because they both use an intuitive nature to bring the most out of your ingredients.”

“Except in the case of Hermione,” snorted Ron a little too loudly. Everyone turned to look at him. Hermione glared at him before turning to listen to Carmen.

Carmen tried not laughing at the exchange and started talking again. “I want everyone to team up to do this day’s potion. It will be Veritaserum.” Hermione raised her hand. Carmen looked at her smiled. “Even though it takes Veritaserum a month to cure, we can put together all the ingredients and prepare to the curing stage today. So everyone will work with the person across the table from you.”

Harry looked across at Ginny and smiled at her, while nodding his head towards Ron and Hermione who were across from each other.

“Hermione, you know I was joking. Don’t you? Honey,” pleaded Ron.

“How about this table, we stick to the sides,” said Carmen, pointing at Harry’s table. He groaned at the thoughts of working with Ron. “Also, I will be going around the room and separating the teams at each table. One of the teams will be working strictly in accordance with the directions in your book. The other team I will be giving hints and short cuts that should help you. What you will be doing for homework will be writing these differences down and explaining why they improved upon the written directions. Okay everyone open your books to page 527, one of you will be doing the preparation of reagents the other the actual brewing. Let’s start!”

Carmen went around and picked which group would be using her helpful hints. When she came to Harry’s table, she chose Hermione and Ginny’s team. Harry went and collected the reagents he needed to start his preparations. He was chopping and weighing things as Ron was stirring and adding according to the book’s directions. As he was doing this, he kept thinking about what Carmen said and Slughorn commenting about how instinctive his mother was at Potions. He kept wondering if she was a good cook. If she had lived, would he have had memories of family meals like the ones from Mrs. Weasley.

“Harry,” called Carmen from two tables away. “That isn’t according to the book.” He looked down and realized that he had crushed a Sopophorous bean instead of slicing it. “Toss it and slice one as the book says.”

Harry tossed the crushed bean away. He went to the cupboards and grabbed another bean. He was focusing upon the slicing of the bean and didn’t notice Madam Zabini approaching.

“Harry,” Madam Zabini purred.

He looked up towards the sound of her voice and nearly gasped. She was leaning on their table so that when Harry looked at her he was staring down the front of her robes. He quickly moved his eyes up to her face. This close to her, he could see age lines that seemed to be covered over by some glamour enchantment.

“I hear you want to be an Auror. Potions is an important NEWT to pass. If you need any help with your Potions assignment’s. I will be available to you in my quarters every evening.” She stood up and sauntered back to her desk where she sat down and attended to her nails.

Harry could feel the anger coming off Ginny in waves. He didn’t dare look at her as he was trying to keep his concentration on the potion preparations. He looked over at the cauldron that Ron was stirring and noticed it was almost the proper colour of green. He quickly glanced over at Hermione and Ginny’s and noticed it was the perfect colour and consistency.

“At this time everyone should be ready for the final stage, the purification of the potion,” stated Carmen. “Everyone following the books directions should add the bat bile a drop at a time while slowly stirring. The rest of you stop stirring your cauldrons. Add all the bat bile.” Several of the students looked at her with questioning looks. “Trust me.”
She waited as the students poured the bat bile in the cauldrons. She stood and waited until the students adding the bat bile had completed the process. “Everyone look at your cauldrons.”

Harry looked at his and Ron’s and saw it was almost clear, but it still looked little cloudy instead of perfectly clear.

“Everyone who didn’t follow your book, take your glass stirring rod and tap the bottom of your cauldron.”

Harry watched as Ginny followed her directions. The moment that she tapped the bottom of the cauldron, coloured particles clumped together and settled to the bottom of their cauldron leaving the potion perfectly clear. Carmen went around the room collected the Potions that were perfectly clear. As she came to his table, she collected Ginny and Hermione’s, but walked away tisking at his and Ron’s.

“That is all today. Remember even those who didn’t use the shortcuts must write about them,” Carmen said, at the conclusion of the class.

As everyone stood up and exited the class, Harry tried to catch up with Ginny. She had refused to look at him or speak to him the rest of the class. She was quickly walking among the students when he grabbed her arm. “Ginny….”

She turned and glared at him. Her eyes were filled with anger and hurt. “If you go to her quarters! We are through Harry Potter!” She turned and left him stunned and staring at her and Hermione walking away from him.

He felt a hand on his shoulder and turned to see Ron smiling at him. “Welcome to the ‘I’m a git of a boyfriend club’ mate.”

“What? I didn’t do anything,” stated a very confused Harry.

Ron chuckled at him. “Like that matters. Look Ginny’s mad at you, so now you are a git. Give her some time and apologize to her...”

“I didn’t do anything wrong!”

“...apologize to her. Say you are sorry for hurting her feelings. It doesn’t matter if you did anything wrong or not. What matters is you won’t get any rest until you apologize.” Ron gently elbowed Harry and lowered his voice. “Besides the make-up se...” He stopped and stared at Harry for a second with anger in his eyes. “You had better not be doing that.” He turned and started walking towards the great hall.

Harry stood there dumbfounded by what just happened, when he realized what Ron was talking about. He suddenly had a vision of Ron and Hermione making up, and he felt nauseous. Ron’s actions also made sense, but he didn’t need to worry. The most he and Ginny will be doing is some intense snogging. With this thought, Harry walked into the great hall with a smile on his face.

He looked at the Gryffindor table and saw that Hermione was sitting between Lavender and Parvarti with Ron across the table from them. There was an open spot beside Ron that he sat down in. Ron grunted at him while filling his face with food. Ginny didn’t even look at him, while everyone else talked to him.

The rest of the lunch was spent with the two Weasley’s not talking to anyone and Hermione, Lavender, and Parvati conversing like old friends. Harry was occasionally brought into the conversation, but otherwise he nibbled at a few things on his plate.

“Well, Ron it is time for us to go back to London,” stated Hermione imperiously. She stood up and stared at Ron until he also stood up. “Harry, Ginny, why don’t you accompany us to the gate?”

Harry looked over at Ginny and saw her staring back at him. As he stood up, he noticed that she didn’t look angry, but sad. He walked to the end of the table where he took her hand. She seemed to relax when he did this and even smiled slightly at him.

They walked behind Ron and Hermione to the gate. When they reached it, Hermione turned and looked directly at Ginny. “I hope the two of you have a nice talk,” she said.
Ron turned to Harry and said with a great deal of force. “Yeah a talk, Mate, just a talk.”

“What are you getting on about, Ron?”

“Don’t ask, Hermione,” stated Harry.

Hermione and Ron bid them farewell and walked through the gate to Apparate home.
Ginny stood there looking at him. He wasn’t sure if he should apologize to her, even though he felt as though he hadn’t done anything wrong.

“I am sorry for getting mad at you, but I mean it about going to her quarters. I don’t trust her. She will slip you something in a drink or something…”

“You needn’t worry Ginny. I have no intentions of going to her for help. If I ask for help it will be either Hermione of Carmen, after all she is the one that taught the class today. So are you ready for Transfiguration with Professor Pratt?”

Ginny chuckled and kissed him. “Do you know that you are the only person to make me mental? No one else gets me wound up so easy. I’m sorry I explode at you so often and slap you. It is just that I am so used to going after anything I want. That I feel out of sorts with you.”

“Why’s that, exactly?”

“It isn’t true love unless you want to love me. Is it?

“So true, and I do love you,” offered Harry. He lifted her chin and placed a gentle kiss on her lips. They stood there for several seconds before Ginny pulled away.

“We need to get to class. Don’t want to be late, and I don’t want to get caught being a naughty Head Girl,” she laughed.

As they walked towards the castle, Ginny looked at Harry. “Why don’t you ever complain about the way I act towards you?”

“All your brothers talked about your fiery temper, Ginny. I figured you getting angry are one of the things that I will need to get use to.”

When they entered the Transfiguration classroom, they found seats at the back of the class. It was relatively uneventful, once everyone quit sniggering at the Professor’s name. He was from America. He said that the words “Willie” and “Pratt” have different connotations than here in Britain. He reassured the class that his parents weren’t being sadistic by giving him these names. After reviewing some the things that the class should be able to do, he gave them a ton of homework. Harry wondered if Professor McGonagall told him to do this.

That evening Ginny had Head Girl responsibilities. She had to patrol the halls from eight until midnight. Harry decided to leave for home at seven and he would do his homework there.

The next morning Ginny met Harry at the gate. As they were walking in the entrance hall Harry noticed a group of students gathered around the announcement board.

“School Quidditch tryouts are the last Saturday of the month,” announced Ginny. “Everyone’s excited because Gwenog Jones will be here.”

“Well Ginny after watching you with the rest of the school, you are guaranteed a spot at either chaser or seeker.”

“Thanks, I want more than just a spot on the school’s team. I want to impress her so much that she invites me to play with the Harpies. I really need to practice hard. Why don’t you bring your broom this Saturday and play in the afternoon after class? It would be fun and possibly help the rest of us get better.”

“Alright I’ll bring my broom as long as Madam Hooch doesn’t mind.”

The rest of the morning was open, so they decided to go to the common room to work on their Transfiguration homework. They had spent about an hour of serious studying before they realized that they were the only two in the room. The next hour was spent snogging in a corner, until some second years started filing in.

Defense against the Dark Arts class was held that afternoon. Harry and Ginny were standing outside of the door, when Harry noticed two boys looking at him and Ginny and laughing about something between them. Harry turned to Ginny to ask her about the two and noticed that her face was flushed. He couldn’t tell if it was from embarrassment or anger.

Professor Jones opened the door to the classroom, and everyone entered to take their seats. As Harry and Ginny sat down, the two boys walked past them and muttered something about “change of robes”. Ginny eyes narrowed and she reached for her wand.
“Ginny, what are you doing?” Harry hissed at her quietly. Ginny released the grip on her wand. “What is going on with those two?”

“Nothing, Harry! Just leave it alone.” Ginny’s reply was terse and left no doubt that she wasn’t going to discuss this point any further. Harry didn’t get a chance to press the issue as the Professor started talking.

“Good afternoon class. This class will be large due to the travesty that occurred here last year. I am sure you are all aware of the circumstances. Being seventh year NEWT students, you are experiencing this in all your other classes as well. This year you will be studying defensive magic that will be required to pass your NEWT level examinations. This will be both practical and theoretical uses and applications of the magic. Being new to this school, I’ve taken the time to look at the various things that you have been taught. Your curriculum has been hit and miss because of the variety of teachers, but overall you’ve received a good base of knowledge.”

Professor Jones stopped looked at Harry as though he was waiting for Harry to say something to him. He kept eye contact with him for a few seconds then continued speaking. “Lets starts with a basic defensive spell called ‘The Shield Charm’…”

The half of the class was spent discussing the Shield Charm’s theoretical applications and how to cast it. The second half, they concentrated on the Disarming Charm, Expelliarmus. Harry was pleased to see everyone who had been in the DA could cast these spells with ease. The other students were having difficulty with producing effective spells. The class went by quickly and soon it was over. Professor Jones wanted them to write one foot of parchment each on the Shielding Charm and another foot on the Disarming Charm. He also wanted them to read the next four chapters and write a two-foot-long summary of them.

At the end of class everyone stood up to leave, Ginny was out the door before Harry could catch up with her. She had been quiet and moody throughout the class, and he wanted to find out what was wrong. Before he had a chance, Professor Jones called his name.

“Mr. Potter, I would like a word with you. Alone.” Harry watched as Ginny disappeared into the hall before walking up to the Professor.

“Yes sir, is there a problem?”

“No, I actually called you up here to thank you. I had reservations about having you in class. I was afraid with your reputation that you would be a distraction. You would try to be the leader instead of me. I see that I am wrong. I just wanted to thank you.”

‘Your — ah — welcome, Professor,” said Harry nervously.

Harry left the classroom looking for Ginny. She wasn’t in the hallways or the Great Hall. Harry stepped into a stall in the closest bathroom and pulled out the Marauders Map. He found Ginny in her dorm room. Harry knew that something those two boys said to her had upset her and he was going to find out. He looked for Luna on the map and noticed that she was in the great hall. Harry stowed the map away and hurried off to find Luna.
“Luna, could I have a word with you alone.” Luna was sitting at the Ravenclaw table no one was within several feet of her so Harry sat down at the table. He started to question her about the two boys that were laughing at Ginny.

“I don’t want to tell you, if Ginny won’t tell you. She would be mad at me.” Luna looked at Harry’s disappointment. “You could ask Neville, he could tell you and Ginny and I would still be friends.” Luna smiled at Harry and went back to reading the Quibbler.
Harry found Neville in Greenhouse #3. He described the incident with Ginny and the two boys and before he finished Neville interrupted him.

“Harry. That happened last year, and it might be best to move on. You know like what the Minister said at the memorial.”

“Neville what did those slime balls do to her. Were they the ones that tortured her?”

Neville’s face registered shock when Harry shouted this at him. “No, they didn’t torture Ginny. How did you know that happened to her?”

“She told me this summer that she had been under the Cruciatus Curse, at school. What happened then that she is so upset?”

Neville was nervous about saying anything to him. “Harry — I don’t know. If I should?” He looked at Harry before continuing. “Ginny was punished for saying that she believed in you.”

Harry let out a noticeable sigh and he felt guilt well up inside of him.

“She was tortured for twenty minutes by Crabbe,” continued Neville. “While being tortured she — ah — lost control of — bodily functions.” Neville looked at Harry hoping that he wouldn’t need to describe in any greater detail what happened. Harry immediately knew what had happened. “The two idiots that you asked me about thought it was funny, and they teased Ginny all last year about it.”

Harry’s eyes blazed with anger at what Neville had just told him. He understood why Ginny didn’t want to tell him about those gits. “Thank you for telling me this. I won’t tell Ginny that you said anything to me.” He turned to walk away.

“Harry, it wouldn’t do any good to curse those two into oblivion. You will just be expelled from training and that whole incident will be brought out. Ginny wouldn’t want that.”

“Don’t worry Neville I won’t do anything like that. I’ll be discreet.” Harry had a wicked smile on his face as he left.

Harry looked on the map for Ginny. She was in the library. He looked at his watch and noticed that it was eight o’clock. He might be able to get a little studying done before he leaves. If Ginny doesn’t want to talk about what was bothering her.

He walked into the library and saw Ginny sitting and reading her DADA book. She saw Harry and gave him a halfhearted smile. He guessed that she didn’t want to talk, so he walked up to her and kissed her on the cheek before sitting down and opening his DADA book. They sat there and studied until it was time for Harry to leave.

Ginny walked him to the main gate. “Harry, thank you for not asking anymore questions about those two slimes from class today. It is something that I want to put in my past. Maybe someday I’ll tell you, but not today.” She kissed him good-bye and returned to the castle.

[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

The rest of the month flew by. The classes were becoming increasingly more difficult and the Auror training classes gave Harry even more homework than his NEWT classes. All the classes required the students to perform the spells non-verbally. Harry had become very proficient at this, so he had no problems. Ginny though lacked the confidence and she was struggling with it. Harry found that the only way he could keep pace with his assignments was to take books home and study until midnight or later every night.

Madam Hooch had given Harry permission to bring his broom and fly with the other students. She was actually excited to have him join the practices. Every Saturday afternoon he would fly against Ginny trying to improve her game. She was as good as him and getting better every time they flew.

The second Saturday he was playing he irritated her by telling her that she relies on the broom to much. That she needed to use her maneuvering abilities instead of the Firebolt’s superior speed. He made her trade brooms with him, and he easily out flew her at first. By the end of the day, she had become accustomed to his Nimbus and she was now able to keep up with him on her Firebolt.

The last Saturday of the month arrived, and Ginny was so nervous about the tryouts that she couldn’t eat breakfast. Gwenog Jones was sitting at the head table with Madam Hooch and Professor McGonagall. It seemed like the entire student body was looking at her. The tryouts were to start at nine that morning and last until the team was chosen. Ginny was upset that Harry had class and would not be there for moral support. He promised to go to the pitch as soon as he was done with class. Before leaving, he told her to relax that she will easily make the team and then there will be plenty of time to impress Gwenog Jones with her flying abilities.

Harry hurried down to the pitch as soon as class let out. Ginny was flying around above the pitch as if she was the seeker. She saw him in the stands and gave him a wave and a ‘thumbs up’ sign. There seemed to be approximately twenty other students standing with their brooms at the sides of the pitch. They appeared to be trying out for the other places on the team. Harry sat and watched as Gwenog ran the flyers through mock drills and simulated games. Finally, around three o’clock she had chosen fourteen players to be on the team.

Harry walked down the stands to the ground. He noticed that Gwenog Jones was talking to Ginny after everyone else had left. He could see the happiness on her face from a distance. He finally stepped onto the grass and took two or three steps before being hit by a flying body with long red hair. Ginny wrapped both arms around him and kissed him deeply as they tumbled to the ground.

“She said that I was one of the best flyers she has ever seen at my age. I was picked for the team by ten-thirty. Thank you, Harry, thank you for getting me the broom and working with me. Thank you! Thank you!” Ginny was kissing Harry with each thank you while sitting on him. She didn’t let him stand up, and he didn’t want to. He laid there on the grass with Ginny straddled on top him while she described the tryouts that he missed. It was thirty minutes before her excitement abated and allowed Harry to stand up.

Reviews 138
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear