Search:

SIYE Time:12:51 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


After the Horcrux
By Manwe Valarian

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/AB
Characters:All
Genres: Action/Adventure
Warnings: Death, Mild Language, Rape, Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: R
Reviews: 138
Summary: Harry and Ginny were meant to be together, but that doesn't mean things will be easy. They must deal with a rebuilding British magical community, fame, and even overprotective family members.
Hitcount: Story Total: 76463; Chapter Total: 1525
Awards: View Trophy Room






ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Harry appeared outside of Hogwarts’ gates. It was a miserable morning. The weather had turned cold and wet overnight and the air was filled with a fine mist. He walked through the gate and saw Ginny standing there, with her heavy cloak pulled up over her head. He could tell it was her by the way she was standing; the sight of her chin and graceful neck, and the copper coloured hair surrounding her neck left no doubt it was she. Her breath was forming a misty cloud covering the rest of her face. Pulling his cloak tighter around him he walked over to her. “Hey love, been here long?”

When she looked up at him, she appeared as if she hadn’t slept last night. “Not long. Really,” she assured him, before hugging him.

Harry knew she had been there for some time. He was a half hour late from when he normally shows up. He tightened his embrace when he noticed that she was shivering. “Let’s go inside and get something warm to eat, love. You’re freezing!”

“Not yet,” said Ginny, as she pulled away from him. “I need to apologize...”

“For what?”

“For not trusting you. For acting like a two-year-old and wanting to duel with you.”

“You already apologized for that last night, Ginny.”

“I know, but I couldn’t sleep. I kept thinking about how you had taken me out there and made me feel such a large part of your life...”

“Because you are!”

“Then I get stupid and almost get us captured or worse by those Death Eaters. You had everything figured out, but I refused to believe you. If I had just done what you told me to do...”

“Relax, I don’t understand why you are so wound up about this?” Harry had grabbed her shoulders so he could get a good look at her. She had dark circles under her eyes and she truly looked as if she hadn’t slept last night.

“Because, how many more of these temper tantrums is it going to take before you walk away from me!” she said miserably.

Harry pulled her into an embrace and kissed her forehead. “As long as you still love me, I won’t be walking away. So why don’t you just relax and let’s get breakfast. Afterwards, you can go back to bed...”

“But you can’t come with me,” Ginny whispered into his chest.

Harry froze for a second when she said this. He wasn’t sure if she had intended for him to hear it or not, so he ignored it. “Let’s go love, and get breakfast,” he said and held out his hand to her.

She took it and they started to walk towards the castle. “What are you planning to do this morning?” she asked.

“Studying, reading, all types of exciting stuff,” he replied.

“Then let’s find a sofa in the common room where I can get some sleep. I don’t want to be separated from you today, not after the things you said last night. You did mean those things, didn’t you?”

“What? What I said before the Snatchers showed up?”

“Snatchers?”

“Yes, they were Snatchers that had gone into hiding after Voldemort fell. They have been surviving by stealing, and they are the ones that kidnapped Fudge’s granddaughter.”

Ginny stopped walking and looked at him. Her eyes locked onto his. “What you said about us having a family and me being a good mother...”

“Every word, Ginny, from the bottom of my heart,” he replied, while looking into her eyes. He could see the fatigue leaving her face and happiness replacing it.

“Thank you! Shall we go get something to eat? I am feeling like Ron this morning, I am so bloomin’ hungry.” She turned and started walking towards the castle. Harry took a few steps then stopped and tugged in her hand to turn her towards him. Ginny gave him an annoyed look. “We are never going to get to breakfast if we stop to talk every few steps,” she grumped.

“I have to know! Why did you call me an arrogant toe-rag last night?” he asked.

“Because I thought you were acting like one, Why?”

“I never heard you use that expression before...”

“What can’t I increase my vocabulary?” she joked. “Besides, it is an old expression.”

“I know. The only other time I heard someone use that expression was in one of Snape’s memories. My mum called my dad that! I think it was her opinion of him for several years.” Harry finished talking and Ginny stood there searching his eyes.

“I am not your mother Harry,” she stated firmly. “That isn’t why you like me is it?”

“No! Not at all. It was strange that after visiting my parents’ graves we started to act like them,” he assured her. “I love you for who you are. The main thing you and my mother have in common is your red hair.” Ginny seemed to be relieved by this and they finished their walk up to the great hall uninterrupted.

When they had reached the warm confines of the castle, Ginny had become increasingly fatigued. She leaned heavily on Harry as they walked in and sat down at the table. Harry was serving her, asking what she wanted, and he was even feeding her. They sat there virtually alone. There were only a dozen other students in the hall. Most of the students were still sleeping after last night’s party. Ginny had finished eating and was almost curled up on Harry’s lap. She had pulled her feet up under her, her knees were across his leg and she wrapped both her arms around his left with her head on his shoulder. Harry sat there trying to eat with one hand but enjoying the situation too much to complain.

“Miss Weasley, Mr. Potter, I would like a word with you!” demanded the Headmistress. Harry looked up at Professor McGonagall and nearly choked on his food. He could tell by her stance that this wasn’t a request. He could always tell if she was upset, by the tightness of her lips. Right now, they weren’t visible, and her eyebrows were pinched so tight that the crease between them looked like it was made by a knife. Harry elbowed Ginny who had fallen asleep.

“What?” she groggily said. “Oh, Headmistress, I am sorry I guess I didn’t get much sleep last night, to busy patrolling the halls.”

“Oh really,” came the Headmistresses clipped response. Her words were terse, and it sounded like she was straining to keep from yelling at them in the great hall. “Well, we should all go to my office and discuss last night’s activities. Follow me,” she turned and started to walk away at a brisk pace.

Ginny jumped up and started to follow with Harry right behind her. They both knew they were in trouble. Somehow, she had found out about the incident at Godric’s Hollow. They moved through the castle quickly and were entering the Headmistress’ office, before they realized it.

“Sit!” she told them. They complied and waited for the explosion. “Do you know what I like to do on Sunday mornings?” Harry could tell it was a rhetorical statement, so he didn’t reply. “I like to sit up here and read the morning paper from front page to back. It is a nice break from everyday demands of this position.” Her words would have been pleasant if it wasn’t for the icy way that she said them. “Imagine my surprise this morning when I look on the front page and see; ‘Harry Potter does it again’.” Her voice became a little louder with the last statement. “Here it says that you, Harry, had captured the Snatchers who had kidnapped Cornelius’ granddaughter at Godric’s Hollow. A most noble deed, I must say. However,” she nearly shouted this last word. “Imagine my shock when I read that he was assisted by his girlfriend, Ginny Weasley.” The headmistress was now standing and shouting at Ginny. “The same Ginny Weasley who is the Head Girl at Hogwarts School. The same Ginny Weasley that I rely on to help with discipline and security around this school wasn’t even within a hundred kilometres of this school.”

Professor McGonagall stopped yelling and sat back down. She sat there and stared daggers at the two of them. Harry glanced over at Ginny and admired how she sat there with her chin up waiting to hear what her detentions would be.

“I will resign as Head Girl, Professor. I am sorry,” said Ginny. Her voice was shaky, and Harry could tell that she was fighting back tears. The Head Girl position was a shock to her, but she was proud to get it because Bill had been a Head boy, and, well, also Percy.

“No, you won’t. However, I cannot allow this type of activity to go unpunished,” she said with a slightly subdued tone. “What has me so upset is you were able to do this without me finding out. If it hadn’t made the newspaper, then I would have never known that you were off the grounds.” She sat back behind her desk and studied the two teens. Harry reached over and took Ginny’s hand to comfort her. “I have made my decision,” stated the Headmistress. “I will not be giving either one of you detentions.” Both Harry ad Ginny sat up in their chairs shocked at this announcement. “However, what I am going to do instead will be even worse for the two of you. Harry, you are not a student here. You enter this building with my permission. Therefore, for the next month you will not be permitted on the grounds except for fifteen minutes before and after classes...”

“No!” shouted Ginny. “That is unfair!”

“Silence, Miss Weasley or I shall make it two months. There will be an escort meeting you at the main gate every day and one to ensure you leave. I will also expect the two of you to act with proper conduct when in the halls, and on the grounds. Is that understood?”

Harry sat there feeling miserable. He didn’t need to look at Ginny to see that she was hurt by this. It was worse than a detention. He rubbed his thumb over the back of her hand as they sat there.

“I asked is that understood.”

“Yes Professor,” they answered in unison.

“Very well, Harry this is Sunday and you have no classes. You need to leave, and I don’t want to see you until 8:45 tomorrow morning.” The Headmistress had stood up and walked around her desk waiting for them to stand up. Harry and Ginny stood up and took the lead down the stairs and out into the hallway, with the Headmistress trailing along behind. They walked holding hands, but not saying anything all the way to the gate. When they reached the gate, Harry and Ginny stood there in the cold rain and stared at each other with sorrow filled eyes. He leaned down to kiss Ginny goodbye, but Professor McGonagall cleared her throat to let them know that would be unacceptable. When Harry pulled away from her, Ginny turned and quickly walked towards the castle without a word.

“Harry, I know you have ways of entering the castle undetected. Please do not do that! I would hate to have to expel you, after promising to help you become an Auror. Things would have been different if the need to leave was greater than just going to Godric’s Hollow, but it wasn’t. I told you that I would treat you as any other student. Regardless of your contributions,” she said sadly.

Harry walked outside of the Wards and stared at his old Transfiguration teacher. He could tell that she wasn’t happy about this situation, but he had forced her hand with his actions at Godric’s Hollow.

He appeared on the stoop of Grimmauld Place. Opening the door, he walked straight to a writing desk and started a letter to Ginny. He apologized for causing her this trouble and asked for her not to be too angry at the Headmistress. She could have expelled both for what they had done. It will be difficult, but if they could make it through thirty days with only casual contact with each other, then their relationship would go back to normal. He retrieved his owl Dobby and sent the letter off to Ginny.

As soon as the owl left, he realized that he needed to contact Carmen. They were going to meet this afternoon to work on Auror cases. He started writing another letter but couldn’t send it until Dobby returned. After finishing that letter, he pulled out another piece of Parchment and started writing about the incident last night. He was told to submit a report. He was a little nervous about this, because all the other reports he has worked on were old cases, but this case would depend on his report. He nervously started scratching out his observations.

Two hours later he was done. Just in time for a barn owl from Hogwarts to drop a letter off from Ginny. He had tried to catch it, but it was gone before he could tie his letter to Carmen on its leg.

Harry unrolled the parchment from Ginny. The first words were: I HATE THAT BITCH! Followed by, I am sorry for making a mess of last night, then finally at the end of the long letter. I don’t know how I am going to survive not being able to touch you, hold you, and kiss you, Harry.



Reviews 138
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear