Search:

SIYE Time:13:15 on 18th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


After the Horcrux
By Manwe Valarian

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/AB
Characters:All
Genres: Action/Adventure
Warnings: Death, Mild Language, Rape, Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: R
Reviews: 138
Summary: Harry and Ginny were meant to be together, but that doesn't mean things will be easy. They must deal with a rebuilding British magical community, fame, and even overprotective family members.
Hitcount: Story Total: 76649; Chapter Total: 1610
Awards: View Trophy Room






ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Harry walked up the gravel path to Hogwarts holding Ginny’s hand. The past week of detention had been horrible. Professor McGonagall had dogged his steps every day. He couldn’t do more than say hello, goodbye, and hold hands. Today though Hagrid had been assigned to escort him to and from classes, Harry didn’t want to get his friend in trouble, but he wanted to do more than just hold hands with Ginny. They were almost to the Potions classroom, when Harry spoke to his large friend. “We are here now, Hagrid. You don’t need to worry about us skiving off this class.”

“’arry, I am supposed to escort you and make sure you two behave yourselves. I didn’t mention anything about skiving off classes,” responded Hagrid.

Ginny had looked at Harry, with a raised eyebrow, when he first spoke. “Hagrid, are you going to sit with us in class, too?” she teased.

“No. well, I suppose I could just leave you off ‘ere, but I don’t want to ‘ear any reports about you two snogging each other in the ‘all. Is that clear!” demanded the half-giant.

“Thank you,” said Ginny, as she hugged him around the midsection. Harry watched as Hagrid smiled down at her. There was genuine affection for her, the type formed out of respect.

Harry and Ginny watched Hagrid walk away as they stood just metres from the Potions classroom’s door. As soon as he turned the corner of the hallway, there was a swish of silvery fabric. Harry covered Ginny and he with the Invisibility Cloak. Before it had settled down around them, he grabbed her and smashed his lips onto hers. She was shocked at first by his action, but quickly responded with the same intensity, by grabbing his hair and shoulder and using it to pull herself up on him so she could wrap her legs around his waist.

Harry teetered on his feet and fell back against the wall, while clutching her to him. He could taste the hint of blood on his lips, but that didn’t lessen his passion. He had missed her so much that it hurt physically. Having her now in his arms returning his passion was making his head spin. He could feel her body pressing against his; the warmth of it increasing the intensity of the moment. The way she moved and shifted on him as she turned her face made him wish that they could do more than just snog.

Ever since the night that they snogged before he went to Zabini’s quarters, he has been having dreams of doing so much more than just snogging. He wanted to touch her and make love to her, even though he had promised to wait. There was no more fear or uncertainty about this in his mind, he knew he was ready. No, he desired to make love to this beautiful sensuous woman in his arms. With these thoughts running through his mind and Ginny’s warm body clutched to his in this tight embrace, he started to react.

“Ginny, love,” Harry whispered so that no one passing by could hear him under the cloak. When he pulled his lips away from hers, she didn’t stop the assault on him. She started to run kisses down his neck. He had to concentrate to force back the moan of pleasure to this new sensation. He couldn’t control the reaction his body had to this, though. Ginny also felt it and pulled her face away from his neck. Her eyes were glazed, lips swollen, and her face was flushed. She didn’t look angry but had a look that he had never seen before. He couldn’t tell what she was thinking of him at this moment, but they couldn’t stay like this, because class was getting ready to start. “Love, we need to get to class.”

Ginny seemed to sag on him, as though this simple realization that there was something else to do in this world than snog had made her sad. She released the grip around his waist. As her feet touched the stone floor, Harry looked to see if anyone was in the hall before removing the cloak and returning it to the pocket in his robe. Taking her hand, they walked into the classroom without speaking to each other. Harry knew what he wanted to say to her, but he couldn’t or shouldn’t say it. He wanted to tell her how beautiful and exciting she was, how wonderful it was to hold her and touch her, and how he wanted to marry her, so they could make love every night for the rest of their lives.

When they walked up to the table that Hermione and Ron had saved for them, Ron’s eyes got big, his face red, and he started to say something, before Hermione placed a calming hand on his arm. She had taken out a handkerchief and gave it to Ginny and nodded to Harry to wipe his lips. Looking at Ginny, he realized why she had done this. Ginny’s lipstick was smeared, and he could only guess that he had some on his face too. They wiped the incriminating evidence from their faces with wordless direction from Hermione, while Ron stood there with a murderous look on his face. He supposed it had something to do with the lipstick and the fact that Ginny’s hair was slightly disheveled from him running his fingers through it. The thought of how her hair felt on his skin made the feelings from the hallway well up again. He quickly turned his thoughts back to his Potions class to try to suppress his desire for her.

The class was awkward with Harry and Ginny trying to avoid touching each other. Harry was sure he would want to grab her and start snogging, if they touched. He had even entertained the thoughts of chucking being an Auror and Ginny playing Quidditch. They could go someplace where no one could find them and live out the rest of their lives in each other’s arms. He smiled as he realized that neither one of them would be completely happy with a life like that. He would just have to control himself and learn to wait. A realization that made the wait seem bearable to him was that Ginny wasn’t going to chuck him for some other bloke, so he could wait.

As they were cleaning up their areas at the end of class, Carmen walked by with a smile on her face. “Ginny, did Harry tell you about Gawain’s criticism of your exploits?”

Ginny glanced at Harry with a questioning look. All he could do was shake his head. “No, he didn’t,” responded Ginny cautiously.

“He was reprimanded for messing things up. It seems that you misunderstood him, and that led to additional fighting,” Carmen said with a great deal of amusement. “The leader must always make sure that everyone on their team knows exactly what to do. Since you didn’t, it was his fault. Not yours!”

“Is that so!” stated Ginny as she stared at Harry. He hung his head in defeat.

“Thanks so much, Carmen!” was Harry’s sarcastic reply. “Ginny, I was going to tell you, but it never seemed like the right time.”

“Well, I can understand, Harry. It never seems to be the right time to embarrass yourself. Is it?” Ginny said sweetly.

Harry looked up and saw everyone at the table smiling at him. He shook his head and smiled back. “I am never going to hear the end of this. Am I?”

Ron, Hermione, and Ginny all responded at the same time. “Never!”

“I’ll just tuck this little bit of information away for the next time you start going on about how great of a wizard you are, Oh mighty Potter,” added Ginny. At this point everyone including Carmen openly laughed at Harry, and he joined in also. The bell sounded signaling the end of class, and everyone was scurrying to the door.

“Carmen, I won’t be in training all this week,” Harry informed her. “In fact, I may not be able to do any studying with you three at all.”

“Why is that?” questioned Carmen. Everyone else was staring at him waiting for an answer.

“I received an Owl from the Minister yesterday. I am to go to the Ministry starting this week and give depositions for various trials,” stated Harry. His tone was business like, because he wasn’t going to like doing this, but he had to do it anyway.

“What the hell is a deposition?” asked Ron. Hermione turned with a look on her face as though she was going to give Ron an earful.

“I go into a room with the ruling member of the Wizengamot and a solicitor from each side of the case and answer questions pertaining to the case. It seems this is what has held up the trails. The solicitors for the Death Eaters don’t want me to testify.”

“You should Harry. We all could give testimony,” stated Hermione.

“They are afraid that my testimony would be tainted with revenge, particularly against the Malfoy’s. With my present status in the community, they feel that if during testimony I would say that someone deserved to spend the rest of their lives in Azkaban then the Wizengamot would send them there. The Wizengamot still wants my testimony, so the deposition has been set up as a middle ground.”

“Hmmp, sounds like a lot of legal Troll dung to me,” grumped Ron.

“Yes, well it might be, but I need to leave the grounds,” Harry stated sadly. “So, I’ll see everyone when I can. I have no idea how long these things will last.” With that the four friends left the classroom, and Carmen turned towards the Potions office.

After meeting Hagrid outside of the Potions classroom, they all walked to the gate. Hermione kept asking him questions about the depositions, with Ron and Ginny adding a few questions to the onslaught. When they finally reached the gate, Hermione and Ron walked through it and Apparated home. Harry turned to look at Ginny. They both were gripping each other’s hand tightly.

“Well, ‘urry up, you two,” stated Hagrid. “I can’t block your view for too long.” He had stepped up to them, so that no one from the castle would be able to see them kiss goodbye.

Harry reached up and gently touched Ginny’s cheek. She leaned her face into his hand, as they kissed each other gently and lovingly. After breaking the kiss, he walked to the gate and turned to see her smiling at him and hugging Hagrid, before he Apparated to Ron and Hermione’s flat.

[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

“How did the depositions go this week, Harry?” asked Mr. Weasley.

Harry was at the Burrow for Sunday Dinner. It was only him and Mr. and Mrs. Weasley tonight. Mrs. Weasley had Owled him during the week and informed him that this weekend would be a good time to talk to Arthur about proposing to Ginny. She had prepared Arthur’s favourites for dinner; pork roast, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, and chocolate cake for dessert. Harry was extremely nervous when he showed up barely saying anything. He couldn’t think of an easy way of bringing up the subject of asking for Ginny’s hand in marriage. Mrs. Weasley, though, seemed to have the entire night planned out for him. She brought him in and placed him by Arthur at the table and poured them some wine. The problem was now he had to think of small talk, until after dinner, when he was supposed to talk to Mr. Weasley, and ask for permission to ask Ginny to marry him.

“They were difficult,” he replied meekly.

“Why is that, dear?” Mrs. Weasley joined the conversation.

“The questions were not what I had expected, and I couldn’t just say what I thought. There were things I wanted to say, but neither solicitor asked the proper question.” Harry took a bite of food before speaking again. “Hopefully when this is all over, we will have justice in this country.”

“I am sure with Kingsley in charge now. We will,” confirmed Mr. Weasley. “He has been moving cautiously and carefully forward with these trials, with his guidance everything will be sorted out.”

“That’s good to know, Arthur,” offered Mrs. Weasley. “Harry, have you spoken to your relatives since they have returned home?”

He looked at the two people who he had considered more of parents to him then his Aunt and Uncle. He had looked up the Dursleys, yesterday, or more precisely he had gone to see Dudley. When they went into hiding, Dudley had treated him decently. It was awkward, but it was a step towards actually treating Harry like a human being instead of a freak.

Harry stood staring at Number four Privet Drive trying to pluck up the courage to walk up and knock on the front door. It wasn’t the fear of the past that kept him away, but the fear that they hadn’t changed while in hiding. He had learned that Uncle Vernon had returned to Grunnings in the same capacity as before. The person he most wanted to see was Dudley. He had hoped that he and Dudley could be civil to each other, so that he could somehow salvage some semblance of a relationship with his only blood relatives.

The house looked exactly the same as it did when he left it. He wondered as he stood across the street if it would ever look any different if he returned twenty years from now. As long as Aunt Petunia lived here, she would always decorate the house the same way and plant the same flowers in the garden every year. He walked across the street, through the front gate, and up the walkway to the front door. The time for action and to get this over with was now. He pressed the doorbell and heard it echo through the house.

The sound of people moving inside could barely be heard through the door. Uncle Vernon’s car was there, so probably both he and Aunt Petunia were home. He watched the sight glass, and when it became dark, he knew that someone was looking at him from the inside. He had half expected them to not open the door for him, so when the door suddenly flew open, he was surprised to see his aunt staring at him. She had a mixed expression. She seemed happy to see him, but she was also apprehensive.

“I — I heard you won,” she whispered to him, while standing with the door open. She seemed to be glancing over her shoulder towards the sitting room.

“Yes, Aunt Petunia, I won. We all won, although there were many losses,” he told her with a sad voice. “I was wondering if Dudley was here.”

“No, Dudley is at university now,” she said. “He is studying to be a detective,” she added brightly. Harry could tell she was very proud of her little Duddykins.

“Who’s at the blasted door, Petunia?” bellowed his Uncle from the sitting room.

She looked at Harry sympathetically before answering. “It’s Harry, Vernon.”

“WHAT!” He yelled. Harry could hear the crumpling of a newspaper and plodding of his uncle’s feet on the carpeted floor. He suddenly stuck his head around Aunt Petunia’s shoulder. “It is you,” he sneered at Harry. Petunia blushed slightly. “Well I think we have opened our home to you long enough”’ he laughed, as he pulled his wife out of the doorway and slammed it in Harry’s face.

Harry stood there on the stoop listening to his uncle laugh at his joke through the closed door. His uncle would never change, but his aunt seemed different towards him. She was sympathetic and actually concerned how he felt towards her husband’s bad manners. He turned and slowly walked towards the street. He had just walked past his uncle’s car when he heard someone call his name. Looking around he saw Aunt Petunia waving to him from around the back of the house.

“Harry,” she whispered. “Come here!” She was waving her arm to him and also kept glancing at the house. Harry walked to her, curious about what she had to say. “Is the monster that killed Lily gone?”

“Yes, Aunt Petunia, Voldemort is dead.”

She closed her eyes and breathed a sigh of relief. Digging around in a pocket in her apron, she pulled out a piece of paper. “Here is Dudley’s address. He has asked about you, when we are alone. I am happy everything turned out for you. I — well — you know Vernon will never change his opinion, and he is my husband. Please write to Dudley and take good care of yourself. I am glad that my sister can rest in peace now.” She placed a hand on Harry’s shoulder, before turning and walking back around the side of the house.


Harry suddenly snapped out of his memories to realize that both of the Weasley’s were staring at him. “I visited them yesterday. I got my cousin’s address, and I am planning on writing him,” he sadly said.

The Weasley’s looked at each other and didn’t say anything. They continued eating in silence until the dessert was served. “Ed is very impressed with you, Harry,” stated Mr. Weasley suddenly.

“Who?”

“Ed. Eldred Rostis, he is an….”

“Rostis, I am sorry,” apologized Harry. “I never heard him called Ed before.”

“Well, my boy, don’t ever call him Eldred,” laughed the older gentleman. “He hates that name.” he took a bite of cake and slowly ate it before talking again. “His father was a Muggle. Last year when the Ministry fell, he fled for his life. I guess he did some resistance work and kept people sheltered from the snatchers the best he could. Ed is a very experienced Auror, and to have him talk about you the way he does; is no small compliment. So, you must be doing some good things in your training.”

Harry felt his face become warm. He could tell it was pink right now, because the Weasley’s looked at each other and smiled. “Of course, he was going to do well he defeated Voldemort,” stated Mrs. Weasley with great pride.

“Well, Molly, that is why Ed was originally concerned that he would be…” Mr. Weasley stopped talking and looked at Harry as though he had said something he shouldn’t. “…arrogant and act like everyone should worship him.”

“You mean like Gilderoy Lockhart used to be?” responded Harry. He and Mr. Weasley laughed at the statement, while Mrs. Weasley chuckled, and her face turned slightly pink with embarrassment.

“Well, why don’t the two of you retire to the sitting room with some wine, while I tidy up out here,” stated Mrs. Weasley as she stood up from the table. She handed Harry and Mr. Weasley their glasses and the rest of the wine before shooing them out of the kitchen.

Harry started to get nervous again. He had butterflies the size of Hippogriffs flying around in his stomach all day. How will he start the conversation? He can’t just come right out and ask if he could marry Ginny, after what Mr. Weasley said this summer. What should he talk about first? Should he talk about possibly having a good future at the Ministry? Should he talk about how he finally can relax and plan for a future, before talking about spending the rest of his life with Ginny?

“Have you bought Ginny a ring yet, Harry?”

Harry’s mind screeched to a halt with that statement. His mouth went dry. How did he know that was what this night was all about?

“Harry, I know how you feel about my daughter. I know how she feels about you. You are here having dinner with just Molly and I. She prepares my favourite foods and sends us off with a bottle of wine to talk. I think a troll can figure out the reasons behind everything. Have you bought Ginny a ring yet?”

“Y-yes sir,” stammered Harry.

Mr. Weasley smiled at him. “Nervous are we? Can I see it, or do you want her to be the first to see it?”

“No, I — er — yes, I guess you can see it. You don’t think she would be mad. If you do?” rambled Harry.

Mr. Weasley took a long drink of wine and smiled at him. “I see you are afraid of her temper. You’re a smart lad,” he chuckled. “She is so much like her mother. The people she loves the most seem to anger her the most. If you have noticed Molly doesn’t explode at everyone, just the people she loves, because she cares so passionately about them. Ginny is same way, Harry.” Harry opened his Moke skin bag and handed Mr. Weasley the ring box. He took it and sat down in his favourite chair and opened the box. He looked at the ring and then at Harry, before removing it from the box. He held it up and looked at it in the light scrutinizing the ring. Harry could see his eyes watering as he looked at it. “You — ah — picked a perfect ring for my daughter.” He wiped tears from his face and took another drink of wine. “I had wondered if you would have bought some huge big showy thing for her. She will love this.”

Harry let out a breath that he had been holding ever since he walked into the room with him. “Thank you! I am glad you like it. I hope Ginny will like it.”

“Harry, she will love it. A heart shaped ruby in a gold band would be perfect for her. Simple, beautiful, elegant, but not gaudy, everything I wanted Ginny to grow up to be, and it is even Gryffindor’s colours.” He had turned it and noticed the inscription on the inside. He started to look closer, but stopped. “I see an inscription, do you mind?”

“No, not at all,” responded Harry. He was a little embarrassed that Mr. Weasley was reading it. When he first bought the ring, he thought it would be a wonderful thing to put on it, but now he was having second thoughts.

“Harry’s heart,” read Mr. Weasley. He looked at the heart shaped ruby again and then at Harry. “So, when are you planning to ask her?”

“Christmas, at Kings Cross Station. Where we first met, she said she…”

“Fell in love with you,” Mr. Weasley finished for Harry. “Yes, I remember that day well.” He stood up and handed the ring back to Harry. While Harry was putting the ring back into the box, Mr. Weasley walked over to the wall where family pictures were hung. He picked a picture off the wall and sat back down staring at it. “That was the day that I realized that I had lost my little girl. The look in her eyes told me I was no longer as important to her. Having a daughter is different Harry. You can come home from work so tired that you don’t want to do anything more than to eat and go to bed. Then she comes out with a big smile on her face screaming ‘Daddy’s home’ and you want to do nothing else but make her happy and play with her the rest of the evening. You do that because of that look in her eyes, as though you are the greatest wizard on the face of the earth. You can be harassed all day long, but to have your daughter tell you she loves you makes it all go away.” He stopped talking and emptied his glass, before refilling it with wine. “She came home that day. She was only ten years old. Talking about some cute boy she saw on the platform, I knew then she would never see me the same way again. Imagine my surprise when I realized the little boy was actually Harry Potter.”

He handed the picture he had been looking at to Harry. The picture was of him and Ginny. She was maybe six years old with pig tails and was riding on his back. He would lower his head and stretch his arms out in front of him as though he was a broom before running wildly around the back garden. Ginny was giggling her head off, at his antics. They would fly like that before coming back close to the camera. Ginny would lean forward whisper something in his ear and kiss his cheek. Then the cycle would start all over again.

“When Molly took that picture, Ginny had told me that night that she would never marry anyone, and never grow up. She wanted to stay my little girl.” He laughed at the last statement and drank some more wine. “Then she comes home from seeing Ron off, jabbering away about this cute little boy. She couldn’t wait to grow up then.” He stretched out his hand to Harry, who handed back the picture. He looked lovingly at the picture again. Mr. Weasley stared at the picture for what seemed like a long time. Harry wanted to say something but didn’t because Mr. Weasley seemed to be too engrossed with the picture. “Take care of my little girl, Harry.” He said quietly. “Please.” He stood up and started walking from the room holding the picture in his one hand. “I am going to bed, now. I am feeling very old and tired.”

Harry stood up quickly. “Mr. Weasley,” when he turned to Harry. “I hope someday that I can experience the same thing you and Ginny have.”

Mr. Weasley walked back over to him and put a heavy hand on his shoulder. “I hope you do, my son.” With that statement, he turned and walked out of the sitting room.

[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

Harry walked across the Hogwarts grounds holding two muffins in his hand. He was under the cover of his invisibility cloak, and he was about to extract revenge on the two wankers who had harassed Ginny last year. Marion Gash and Percy Travers were two foul gits. When Harry first saw them, he thought they were brothers. They are both medium height, similar builds, with brown hair. Harry had been observing them ever since the first of the year, when he discovered how they had embarrassed Ginny last year. They weren’t bullies that attacked students. They reveled in the misfortunes of others.

He has been researching and devising a plan ever since that discovery. Today would be perfect to pull it off. It was Tuesday and he and Ginny would have DADA with those two. He just hoped his calculations and preparations would be perfect, so they don’t react to the muffins too soon. He had discovered a Potion in one of Carmen’s books. Dysentery Draught was a simple one to make but would give them a taste of their own medicine, if he had calculated it correctly for their weight. It is an extremely potent Potion, so he had reduced the amount he was using to just barely a drop per muffin. He had mixed it with the Crystalline Capture Potion so that it would form tiny crystals that resembled sugar that would slowly release the Dysentery Draught into their system. If everything works right, they will eat these muffins at breakfast, and they won’t feel anything until after noon.

Reaching the steps to the castle he slowly walked up and into the great hall. No one seemed to react when he walked in and pushed himself tight against the wall, so he could see the entire Slytherin table. He stood there staring at Gash and Travers, waiting for them to pick up their muffins. Every morning they would each eat a blueberry muffin, and all Harry had to do was wait until they put them on their plates so he could switch them with the ones he had in his hand. They picked their muffins and placed them on their plate, and as luck would have it, they turned their attention towards the entrance of the great hall. In a second Harry had switched both muffins.

He relaxed and turned to see what they were looking at; Ginny had walked into the hall. He watched her gracefully walk towards the Gryffindor table. Then he noticed that he wasn’t the only one watching her, nearly half the boys in the hall were watching her walk, including Walden Ridgebit. He stood up from the Ravenclaw table and walked towards Ginny. Harry left his position against the wall and followed him. Walden reached Ginny before she sat down.

“Ginny,” called Walden. “I was wondering if tonight we could study together.”

Harry felt like cursing him on the spot, but he was also worried that maybe Ginny had been studying with him, since he hasn’t been able.

“No Walden, I prefer studying alone,” she replied to him. Harry suddenly relaxed.

“You always studied with Harry.”

Ginny looked at him with a raised eyebrow. “Yes, and what is your point?” She stated this so firmly that it left no doubt he had overstepped some boundary, and the Ravenclaw went back to his table.

Harry had to resist the urge to hug her, as he turned and walked out of the castle. The front gate was open. He took the chance that there wasn’t a tracer charm placed on it, and walked through it and Apparated away until it was time to return for classes.

When he returned after lunch, Ginny was waiting for him standing in front of Hagrid. Harry walked up to her and quickly kissed her hello. Hagrid turned and they walked towards the castle. Since Hagrid has been watching them he allowed them to kiss each other hello and good bye. He truly owed his large friend a big favor for doing this for him. They walked and talked all the way up to the castle. The mornings Auror training hadn’t been particularly difficult, even though he had missed almost two weeks of classes with the depositions. They were still going over spells that he had mastered and various cases. The only thing he was getting behind on was Magical Law statutes, but a weekend of intense studying and he should be back up to speed.

He and Ginny bid Hagrid goodbye outside of the DADA classroom. Harry almost smiled as he saw Travers and Gash walk towards the classroom looking a little peaky. From the looks of their faces the Potion was starting to release at the right time. He and Ginny took their normal seats and took out the homework that they were to have done. Professor Jones entered the room and closed the door. Harry heard a low moan being emitted from the area where Gash and Travers usually sat. He had to resist the urge to turn around and look for fear he might give himself away.

The class progressed as normal, it was a double period and as they were halfway through the second period, two loud moans filled the room. Harry turned to look as did most of the class. Gash and Travers were doubled over holding their stomachs in apparent agony.

“Professor, can we go to the infirmary,” asked Travers. “We must have eaten something bad for lunch.”

The Professor looked over at them and hesitated as though they might be faking. “I suppose you should go. You don’t look like you have had any Skiving Snackboxes.”

“Thank you!” groaned Gash, as they tried to stand up. The pain in their stomachs was so bad that they couldn’t straighten up. As they were walking out of the room a loud rumble could be heard from one or both of them. Their eyes immediately become huge, and they tried to run for the infirmary. They opened the door and stepped out into the hall when the Potion’s full effects hit. The sound was disgusting and the smell horrid as the two men lost control and soiled themselves. They started running towards the infirmary, but a few seconds later their distant moans told everyone in the class that the Potion had again worked.

Professor Jones stood near the doorway stunned. He didn’t seem to know what to do for a few seconds. The class was split between laughing and being totally disgusted. The Professor stepped towards the hall and started using Scourgify and Tergeo spells on the filth, while screaming for Filch. Harry smiled at how well the Potion worked. The timing couldn’t have been better, and by the time Madam Pomfrey checks them over all evidence of it in them will be gone. It should look just like they had bit of bad food.

By this time the class was mayhem as the Professor was busy cleaning up the filth in the hall. Harry looked at Ginny, hoping she had enjoyed the little bit of vengeance. The look on her face surprised him. She was glaring at him.

“I know you did that, Potter,” she hissed at him. She kept her voice low so no one else would hear. “Who told you? I guess it doesn’t matter, does it!”

“Ginny, what are you talking about?”

“Don’t play dumb with me!” she was having trouble keeping from shouting at him. “Did you even think what people will be saying now?” She stopped and stared at him for a second. Before he could say anything, she continued. “They will now remember how they harassed me last year. Soon everyone will be talking about my incident from last year, and how this is poetic justice for them. I will have to deal with that all over again, because of you, Potter.” With the last statement, she turned her back on Harry.

He looked around the class and saw several people looking at Ginny and whispering between themselves. He had never thought that this would happen. He thought that those two would know what it is like to be embarrassed in front of everyone. He was hoping that it would cause them to change their attitudes. He never thought that he would end up embarrassing Ginny in the process.

Professor Jones entered the classroom and told everyone that they were dismissed. Ginny stood up and waited for Harry. He stepped beside her, and they walked out the classroom together. They were leaving the classroom early so no one was there to escort him off the grounds. Ginny started walking in the direction of the entrance hall, with Harry quietly walking beside her. He was trying to think of something to say. He had only done this to make up for what they had done to her, and yet it turned out all wrong. Maybe revenge isn’t always the best thing, maybe he should have let it go and moved on as Neville had advised him. He was feeling pretty dumb right now that everything had turned out so wrong.

When they reached the gate, Ginny didn’t even act as though she wanted to touch him. “Hagrid isn’t here, so I don’t want to kiss you goodbye. Don’t want any more trouble for today, after what just happened,” she said to the ground.

“Ginny, don’t worry it will be as if they had a stomach flu.”

“How did you do it?” she asked then shook her head. “I don’t want to know. That isn’t a new item for the snack boxes is it?”

“No, it isn’t. Ginny, love, I am sorry if I caused you anymore pain,” he pleaded with her.

“Well, Harry, sometimes it is best to just move on and try to forget about the injustices of the past. I thought that is what Kingsley wanted us as a society to do?”

“Yes, it is. Ginny, I’m sorry.”

“Harry,” her voice became hard and threatening. “If you get us anymore of this detention, because of that, I will curse you so bad that you won’t be able to sit down or ride a broom for a month!”





Reviews 138
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear