Search:

SIYE Time:21:24 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Tell Her You Love Her
By Pilargirl

- Text Size +

Category: Post-Hogwarts, Three Little Words Challenge (2011-1), SIYE Challenges new, Three Little Words Challenge (2011-1)
Characters:All, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley
Genres: Fluff, Romance
Warnings: Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 13
Summary: *** Winner of the Luna Prize in the Three Little Words Challenge ***

Ginny isn't being herself and everyone, except for Harry, seems to have an idea why. Written for the 'three little words' challenge.
Hitcount: Story Total: 7569



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
This has to be in by midnight so, I hope I'm on time and I really hope you like it...I worked hard on this one :D




ChapterPrinter


The music from the wireless filled the spring air and Harry’s fingers played gently with some red locks that had escaped Ginny’s messy ponytail. He couldn’t remember having ever felt better than right now, everything just seemed to be perfect in every way; the sun was warm, the grass was fresh and even the strange noises coming from Luna’s house seemed to be less worrying.

Harry shifted slightly before leaning down and capturing Ginny’s lips in his own once again. However, he was so keep on keeping everything happy that he almost seemed oblivious to Ginny’s half-hearted response to the kiss.

In the distance Molly Weasley was humming as she watered the flowers near the front porch.

“Maybe I should go back in,” Ginny spoke after she pulled back from the kiss. “I’ve got two essays to do and Hermione says she won’t help me on these ones.”

Harry looked at Ginny and sighed as he checked the watch that had once been Fabian Prewett’s.

“It’s not even eleven yet, we’ve only been here half-an-hour,” the 18-year-old protested, trying to kiss his girlfriend again; nevertheless, Ginny wasn’t taking it.

“I just need to leave now, Harry.”

She stood up and started walking towards the house, leaving Harry sitting on the floor, confused and feeling like the sun was too hot, the grass was too wet and the strange noises coming from Luna’s house were sounding more bizarre by the minute.



“He’s been like that since before lunch,” a deep voice commented.

Another masculine voice seemed to agree. “And Ginny didn’t even come down to eat anything. And she’s always more hungry that all of us boys put together.”

“Maybe they’ve split up,” the first voice spoke again.

A feminine voice huffed. “That’s the silliest thing I’ve ever heard apart from that time you told me that house elves originally came from Chicken. It is known that house elves originally come from fairy elves, who lived in...”

“Hermione!” The other masculine voice sounded.

“I’m sorry, George,” said Hermione. “I’m just trying to say that Ron’s idea is silly, those two were perfectly fine yesterday afternoon.”

“Let’s hope you’re right,” Ron told her. “If they have broken up, Ginny will be pissed and death eaters and dementors are bad but angry Weasley women really scare me.”

A hitting sound was heard, followed by a groaning sound coming from Ron’s mouth.

Hermione huffed again. “Don’t talk about your sister like that! It’s not even our business; Harry is perfectly capable of...”

“Hearing everything you’re saying?” Harry spoke, sitting up on the bed and looking at the three figures standing in the doorway. If he wasn’t feeling so down he would have probably laughed, not even Hermione used her head when she was around Weasleys.

“If you want to talk about me behind my back, standing right in front of me might not be the best idea.”

Hermione scowled but still walked in and sat beside Harry on the bed.

“Did something happen, Harry? Ginny’s sitting on her bed, looking out of the window absently, ignoring every word I say!” Hermione exclaimed.

Ron nodded his brotherly protective attitude showing. “Yeah, mate, you better not have done something to her...I already warned you I wouldn’t take messing around and you know...”

“Ron,” George interrupted him. “Shut up before Ginny hears you and you can really be scared of an angry Weasley woman.”

Harry looked up at George, thanking him silently.

“Guys, it’s nice that you’re concerned and all but, truth be told, not even I know what is wrong...she seemed fine last night and then, this morning we were perfectly okay and she told me she needed to go and when I went to her room to tell her lunch was ready she told me to leave,” Harry explained.

“Poor you, mate, you must have done something real bad,” Ron, who was back to his normal friendly self, said.

“As hard as it is to say this,” Hermione spoke. “Ron must be right; you must have done something, Harry. Ginny’s not the kind of girl who just gets angry over nothing.”

“I haven’t!” Harry swore. “I haven’t done a thing! I’m so happy that she’s here that all I’ve done is smile like an idiot around her.”

Hermione was about to say something else when Arthur Weasley walked into the room.

“Oh! Hello children, I was hoping to find Ginny up here, the door of her room is locked,” the patriarch of the family announced.

Harry and Hermione shared a look but it was Ron who answered.

“She’s in her room because she’s mad at Harry,” the youngest Weasley male declared.

Harry and Hermione both wished they could kick him hardly.

To everyone’s surprise, Mr. Weasley sat down next to George, on the other bed of the room.

“And why is this?” The man asked Harry, who started looking around frantically for an escape.

When he realized there was no getting away with it, he answered. “I don’t really know, Mr. Weasley.”

Mr. Weasley chuckled slightly. “Well, you must have done something, son.”

“I swear I haven’t!” Harry protested. He didn’t understand why everyone was so keen to believe it was his fault that Ginny was in a mood.

Hermione sighed. “Well, Harry, Ginny’s only really spent time with you since she arrived and she didn’t seem to be in a mood yesterday so, it really must have been you.”

Harry was about to rectify again when Molly Weasley’s footsteps were heard, accompanied by her voice. From the tone of her muttering, you could tell she wasn’t happy.

“The nerve of that little...closing her door in her mother...”

However, the minute she entered Harry’s room, her demeanour change.

“Hello dears,” the mother greeted with a smile as she placed some clean clothes on a nearby chair. “What are all of you doing up here? It’s a wonderful day? Oh, Harry! Don’t tell me you’re also angry like Ginevra! You’re not, are you?”

“No, Mrs. Weasley,” Harry replied curtly, looking around and realizing that there were too many people in the small room. Nevertheless, it seemed that Molly didn’t think so, given that she was now sitting on the bed with her son and husband.

“Oh, but what is wrong with that girl? Are you sure that nothing has happened?” She asked with interest and worry.

Harry had already given up on saying ‘no’, so he went for a more simple answer. “I don’t really know, Mrs. Weasley.”

Hermione looked at Harry carefully.

“When did she start acting strange, Harry? Was it this morning?”

The boy-who-lived looked around the room, feeling quite uncomfortable talking about his relationship with Ginny in front of two of her brothers and specially her parents. But Molly seemed to be adamant to hear what he had to say.

“I guess,” Harry told Hermione shyly.

“When exactly?” Was the response that Harry got from the curly-haired witch.

Harry ran a hand through his hair, hoping that Hermione would notice his discomfort.

Hermione continued looking at him intently.

No such luck.

“I don’t know, Hermione...probably when we were sitting under the oak tree in the garden, she said she had to finish some essays and I told her she still had time and she still left without so much as a k...as a goodbye. When I went looking for her after she couldn’t even look at me,” Harry explained, hoping sincerely that this was the last part of the interrogation.

Once again, no such luck.

“What were you talking about?” Hermione asked.

“We were listening to the wireless, Hermione, but I really don’t see how that is relevant to...”

“What program?” Hermione continued.

“None...I mean, we were listening to music...”

“What song?” Hermione tried again.

Harry sighed, this was one of those times that he wished Hermione would go back to being petrified.

“I-I don’t know...” Harry confessed. “Maybe it was that one she really likes, with that old man signing...you know, the Tinatra guy...”

“Frank Sinatra?” Hermione asked. “The muggle singer?”

Harry was about to nod when another voice suddenly made its way into the room.

“Franche Sinatre!” A distinguishable French accent spoke. “We use’ to love ‘im back in Beauxbatons!”

The chosen one felt his mind spin as he realized that two more people had just been incorporated to the human clutter filling his room. Fleur and Bill couldn’t possibly be here to stay, could they? They had probably just come along to borrow some salt or sugar.

“We thought we’d pay you a visit, mum,” Bill spoke up, confirming Harry’s fears. “What’s this about a muggle singer?”

Fleur picked up the clean clothes that Molly had put on the chair and placed them on the desk, leaving a space for her to sit on. Bill took a standing place next to Ron.

“It seems your sister is angry at Harry but he doesn’t know why so Hermione is trying to find out...” Mr. Weasley explained with a smile.

Bill chuckled. “I fear for you mate, Ginny’s not one that you want to get angry.”

Harry couldn’t even bring himself to smile at that.

“What song was it, ‘Arry?” Fleur asked kindly.

Harry blinked a few times, trying to remember.

“Oh! It was that one...what’s its name? Oh!...Tell her you love her!” He finally remembered with a smile of achievement on his face.

Suddenly, and for a reason completely unknown to Harry, everyone became a little quite.

The eighteen-year-old looked around questioningly for a second before Ron, to everyone’s surprise, spoke up.

“Mate,” he started off, all eyes on him. “Have you...you know...told Ginny that you love her and all...”

Harry raised his eyebrows at Ron and felt the urge to laugh but he repressed it as he saw the expression on everyone’s faces.

“Umm...you...you think that Ginny’s angry because she wants me to tell her that I...you know?” Harry asked in slight awe.

“Oh god, I can’t believe it, Harry! You and Ginny have been together for so long!” Hermione shouted at him. “How could you not tell her you love her?”

“Well, I...” Harry tried to explain himself.

Ron, however, interrupted him. “Mate, you just don’t do that...Girls, need that kind of stuff...”

“I’m surprised Ginny’s even put up with it this long,” George and Bill commented. Fleur and Mr. Weasley nodded in agreement.

Mrs. Weasley stood up and looked at Harry.

“Harry, dear, you must understand that Ginny needs reassurance, she would not be an honourable woman if she was with you without knowing you had deep feelings for her...”
Harry blinked, perplexed.

Harry liked to think he knew Ginny perfectly and he was pretty sure that she knew he loved her, even if he hadn't said the words. However, maybe her family was right, maybe it was just a girl-thing.

“And,” Harry started. “How do I tell her?”



Harry tried to keep up with everything.

He was standing next to the oak tree, surrounded by all kinds of different objects that were supposed to help Ginny accept his declaration and forgiveness.

Numerous perfumed candles were placed on the floor around him, as recommended by Fleur.

Ron, who had been avoiding his eyes at the time, had told him to look at the book he had given him for his seventeenth birthday. However, since the suggestion from the book wasn't exactly ideal, he had ignored it

The suggestion from Hermione had been to read her a poem from this magnificent book but Harry had decided the book was far too old fashioned so he made up something on his own.

George had given him some heart-shaped balloons but Harry had soon enough realized that these were charmed to do who-knew-what so he let them fly freely to Luna’s house.

Talking about Luna, she had come by a few hours before and told Harry to put a hat on so that the nargles wouldn’t interrupt the special moment. As crazy as it sounded, Harry had actually looked for a hat and put it on, just in case.

Bill had given him a pat on the back and told him to be as cheesy as he could because girls liked those things. Harry didn’t believe Ginny was that kind of girl but maybe her brother knew better than he did.

Mr. Weasley had started telling him a tale about food and Harry had brought out a picnic to have under the stars.

Percy had also contributed, telling him to write a formal letter to Ginny about the feelings that occurred inside of him when he looked at her.

Harry, at first, hadn’t listened to this advice but, later on, decided it could be a good plan B so he wrote a letter and hit it in his pocket in case it was needed.

Charlie had, somehow, managed to hear what was going on and had floo-called to tell him to give her anything made of dragon-skin because, according to him, that was incredibly romantic. Harry could only find snake-skin things at the market, so he decided against any kind of animal skin.

Finally, Miss Weasley had told him to get down on one knee and give her a promise ring, which symbolizes eternal love. Then the matriarch had handed Harry a ring that according to her, had been in the Weasley family for years and it was Ginny’s right to have it.

So, here he stood, In the middle of candles, food, with poems in his head, an ugly red hat on it and cold April air that was forcing him to cast warming charms.

The minute he heard Ginny’s voice he stopped thinking about all of that completely.

“Harry!” Ginny shouted. “Are you out there? Look...I know I’ve been a complete bitch and I...”

That, was Harry’s cue.

He got down on one knee and looked up at her.

“Her eyes are as brown as a tree trunk,
Her hair is as red as tomatoes.
I wish she was mine,
she's really divine,
The one who conquered the heart of the one who conquered the Dark Lord.”

Ginny gaped at him but Harry continued.

“Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk by again? Do you believe in helping the homeless? If yes, take me home with you. Did it hurt when you fell out of heaven?” Harry continued throwing cheesy lines at her while taking out the small red box and opening it for her, making Ginny’s jaw drop even more.

“I love you, Ginny, will you always love me too?”

To Harry’s horror, Ginny took a hand to her mouth and took a step back while laughter erupted from her mouth.



“Why is she laughing?” Hermione asked as she watched the pair from the kitchen window.

“Let me see!” Molly shouted. “What is wrong with that girl? Harry is perfect for her, doesn’t she want to be named in all the books they will write about him in the future?”

Ron shook his head. “They’d never write a book about Harry. Who would read it?”

George and Bill laughed loudly.

“Be quiet...” Luna’s dreamy voice was heard. “He’s standing up!”



Harry started walking away with his eyes fixed to the ground.

Ginny, with tears falling down her face from the laughing, caught his arm.

“Where are you going. Harry? Stop!”

Harry turned around and looked at her.

“I was just trying to get you to forgive me...I’m sorry, it was stupid, I did it all wrong, didn’t I? I should have said the poem later on and the cheesy lines first...” the boy-who-lived babbled.

Ginny put her hand on his chin and got him to look at her.

“What are you talking about Harry?”

Harry took the hat off and ran a hand through his hair before looked at Ginny, who was making an effort not to laugh.

“You were angry at me...” he explained.

Ginny shook her head.

“Oh, Harry...”she started. “Yes, I was angry,” she told him. “But not at you, why would I ever be angry at you?”

Harry went a little wide-eyed.

“Well, because...you know...because we’ve been together for a long time and I’ve never told you...”

Ginny looked confused.

“Told me what, Harry? That your secret desire is to ask me to marry you with a weird red hat on your head, surrounded by horrible perfumed candles and with an embarrassing poem and a few pathetically cheesy pick-up lines?

Harry suddenly realized why Ginny was laughing so hard before.

“It’s not an engagement ring, it’s a promise ring...your mum’s....she told me to give it to you today...”

Ginny nodded, understanding a bit more. “Oh, good...that makes all this a little bit better...but I still don’t understand why you set this up, why you thought I was angry at you...”

Harry swore that he’d kill everyone who made him think Ginny was mad because of him.

“Your family!” Harry blamed it on them. “They saw you were angry and made me believe that I caused it...they thought it was because of that stupid song we were listening to and they thought you were angry because I hadn’t told you that...well, that I love you.”

Ginny’s expression changed to an understanding one but there was still some amusement there.

She took a step forward and caressed Harry’s cheek lovingly.



“Look! They’ve made up!” exclaimed Ron.

“They’re so perfect for each other,” Hermione exclaimed. “Just like Romeo and Juliet.”

George looked slightly confused. “Romeo and who?”

“You’ve never heard of Romeo and Juliet?” Hermione asked. “Well, they’ve never heard of you either so...”

“Look!” Mrs. Weasley interrupted them. “Just look at the two of them.”

“Don’t just stand there!” George shouted at Harry, even if he could not hear. “Kiss her you idiot!”



Ginny smiled at him.

“Harry, I’ve known you love me since the first time you looked me in the eyes after the final battle, when you told me how you had let him kill you and how you saw me before you died...I’ve known since then...I didn’t need words, I never had...And I don’t need a ring, cheesy candles or food, and I definitely do not need those pathetic pick-up lines. It just hurts a little that you didn’t know that already.”

“I did!” Harry defended himself. “While they all told me what I needed to do, I kept on thinking that you wouldn’t want that but, they convinced me and I got insecure and I really didn’t want you to be mad at me.”

Ginny laughed. “This was all their idea?”

Harry joined in and laughed too.

“Yes, well, Ron indirectly suggested that I should’ve gotten naked on a bed filled with petals but I thought that was too extreme.”

“Well, Mr. Potter,” Ginny spoke seductively. “Naked wizards have contributed very little to Magical civilisation...but, I must admit I wouldn’t have been completely opposed to the idea. You’d have looked a lot better naked that with that horrible hat on.”

Harry smiled with relief decorating his face. “So, we’re good, you’re not angry?”

“I am angry, but only because my mum can’t wait for me to become your darling housewife and while I tried to tell you something yesterday she kept on interrupting me with not so subtle hints about cooking, babies and marriage...”

Harry raised his eyebrows. “And what is it you want to tell me?”

A huge smile appeared on Ginny's face.

“Gwegnog Jones sent me an owl,” she told him

Harry put his arms around her.

“And?”

“You’ll be seeing a lot of green on me next year!” she announced with a laugh.

Harry smiled even wider and lifted her up from the floor kissing her passionately, right there, knowing that her whole family was staring at them from the window.

“I love you, Ginny Weasley,” Harry told her with a smile when he pulled back.

“I love you too, Potter,” she told him. “But pull something like this again...and I might have to convince you to stop using words all together.”


THE END
Reviews 13
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear