Search:

SIYE Time:22:35 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Speak Now
By ayatr26

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Other, Ron Weasley
Genres: Fluff, Romance, Songfic
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 2
Summary: Songfic for the song Speak Now by Taylor Swift
Hitcount: Story Total: 2972



Disclaimer: I WISH I owned HP! nah, i'll have to settle for Fan fics.



Author's Notes:
DH is disregarded in this story. It's my first fic so go easy on me. =)




ChapterPrinter


Hermione was running. She had been in the library until 2 minutes ago, when she had realised that it was only 5 minutes to curfew, so she ran.
Finally reaching the common room, she panted the password (“Mandrake”) and walked in, breathing heavily, only to find Ron and Lavender snogging for everyone to see. Annoyed, she walked up to her dorm room, and fell asleep as soon as her head reached the pillow, and dreamed....

There she stood, in front of Harry and Ginny, telling them her plan. After each sentence, their grins got wider and wider.
“I like it!” Ginny exclaimed as soon as Hermione had finished explaining the plan. “We're in! But I never thought you would be the kind of girl who barges in on a wedding” Ginny grinned.
“Well, your brother isn't the kind of guy who should marry the wrong girl — even if he is a git.” Hermione retorted.
She was glad to have her two best friends on her side, so she smiled. Then, realising that she only had 2 best friends, her smile faded.
“Don't worry, 'Mione, that's the best song you could've picked for the occasion, and I reckon I know how Ron will react, and it will be good. Plus, the way Lavender will react to it will be priceless!” Harry chuckled.
Hermione smiled. “Harry, I think... I think I love him,” she told him
“Good, there's no-one for my brother-in-law, who also happens to be my best friend. That Lavender girl isn't good enough.” He replied. “Lets go”

I am not the kind of girl,
who should be rudely barging in on a white veil occasion,
but you are not the kind of boy,
who should be marrying the wrong girl


They went through the not-so-comfortable squeezing sensation that is apparition, and in less than a second, they were standing in the reception area. They entered together, and Harry went to stand with the other groomsmen (He was the best man), who were all of Ron's brothers (other than the-one-that-shall-not-be-counted, Percy). In the same room were Ron's other friends, Seamus, Dean, and more people who Hermione only knew by face, and not name. There were also Lavenders small, snotty family, all dressed in pastel. Hermione and Ginny sneaked into a back room, only to find Lavender yelling at a bridesmaid, wearing a dress that oddly resembled a pastry. Stifling giggles, They sneaked back to the ceremonial hall.

I sneak in and see your friends,
and her snotty little family, all dressed in pastel,
and she is yelling at a bridesmaid,
somewhere back inside a room wearing a gown shaped like a pastry,


Ginny and Hermione sat in their designated spots, and the organ started playing a song that sounded like a death march. Lavender walked down the aisle like a pageant queen, and when she saw Hermione, she glared at her for a millisecond, then turned her head back to Ron, who Hermione was looking at, and hoped (or maybe knew) that Ron wished that Hermione was there instead of Lavender.

Fond gestures are exchanged
And the organ starts to play a song that sounds like a death march
And I am hiding in the curtains
It seems that I was uninvited by your lovely bride-to-be
She floats down the aisle like a pageant queen.
But I know you wish it was me,You wish it was me
Don't you?


Hermione barely listened to anything until Ginny nudged her, when she heard the Priest say: “Speak now or forever hold you peace,” It was time for her plan.
There's silence, her last chance, Hermione stands up, her hands shaking, getting horrified looks from half of the room (relieved looks from the other half), but she only had eyes for the groom.

I hear the preacher say
“Speak Now or forever hold your peace”
There's the silence, there's my last chance,
I stand up with shaking hands,
all eyes on me.
Horrified looks from everyone in the room,
but I'm only looking at you,


And Hermione Sang:
“I am not the kind of girl,
who should be rudely barging in on a white veil occasion,
but you are not the kind of boy,
who should be marrying the wrong girl

So don't say yes,
run away now,
I’ll meet you when you're out of the church, at the back door,
don't wait, or say a single vow,
you need to hear me out, and they said speak now”


Hermione ran up to the altar, gave Ron a kiss, mumbled “good-bye”, and ran out.
“Lavender, I can't marry you, I'm sorry.” Ron said, and ran after her. Lavender looked shocked (Ginny sniggered at this) and started shouting “YOU DON'T DESERVE ME!! HE DOESN'T DESERVE ME!” (At which the Potter's burst out laughing) And ran out the back door.

With Ron and Hermione...

“Hermione!” Ron shouted out “Are you here?”
“Ron? Shouldn't you be at your wedding?” she said bitterly.
At this Ron grinned and said:
“Let's run away now,
I’ll meet you when I’m out of my tux, at the back door
Baby, I didn't say my vows,
so glad you were around when they said speak now”

And they ran away, both happy and together at last.

Hermione, waking up in the morning, remembered her dream, and decided to do something once and for all. She put some decent muggle clothes on, and went downstairs to see Ron and Lavender kissing again. She scrunched her nose distastefully, and tapped Ron on the shoulder. He let go of Lavender, looked to Hermione and she gathered all her courage, and started kissing him. Lavender was screeching in the background, but Ron was kissing her back, and she had never felt happier. She broke the kiss, and Ron asked her, “Hermione, will you be my girlfriend?” (Lavender burst out crying and stomped away at this) “Of Course.” She answered. They then walked hand in hand to breakfast, “Now that you're single, go snog Harry. Trust me, he'll love it” Hermione whispered to Ginny, who wipped her head around, to see Hermione, hand-in-hand with Ron, and realised that Hermione was probably right (as usual), and went up to Harry and started to snog him senseless.

By the end of the morning, there were 2 new couples at Hogwarts.

Speak Now © Taylor Swift.
Reviews 2
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear